Essure Procedure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Essure Procedure

I had my tubes blocked with the Essure Procedure in  2007.  10 months after the procedure was done I started having pelvic pain on my left side.  After a colonoscopy, laparoscopy, and 3 ultrasound the doctor still hasn't found the source of this pain.  on my last ultrasound the technician didn't had a clue of what the essure procedure was and asked me if I had an IUD.  I told her no, that I had the essure procedure done, she mentioned that she could see it in my uterus. I'm concerned because my doctor does not think the pain is being caused by this procedure. has anyone else have had any problems with this new procedure?
i had this procedure done in 2006 and i am absolutely pleased with my results; no pain and everytime i get an ultrasound the technician always questions what those springs are but overall i dont and havent had any problems
I also had my tubes blocked 3 yrs. ago and i'm experiencing same way you do but the pain is on the right side and i'm having heavy monthly period and so i went to my physician and they ordered me to have pelvic ultrasound. The technician also told me same thing as what they've told you & so i went to my obgyn today and they said that the essure has nothing to do with my heavy period & cramping and my dr. made me choose  between ablation or take the birth control pills for my hormones now im confused:(
I currently have an iud and similar symptoms.. Did you use an iud or depo before the Essure?
I have had essure replaced three times in my R tube. I have pretty much bled since I gave birth a little over 5 months ago. I quit bleeding briefly after my body pushed the second rod/spring out while taking a shower. I have had constant pain on my left and major cramping on my right. Burnin in my back. I have been checked for UTI and kidney infections since the essure was put in. They tell me the bleeding and burning cramps and everything that does not feel right. I'm tired of my doctor telling me nothing is wrong just take birth control!!! The depo shot. I tell him bc pills shot any hormonal pills. I have a plate and six screws in my pelvic bone. Labor was horrible felt more like I didn't have any medication at all but they had me doped up so much and even three doses of reg epidoral and a c section epidoral. So when the doc said it's a piece of cake with essure and much safer than a tubal. I did no research I was excited that I wouldn't be put to sleep so I'll be back home ready to be a mom to my two kids! Well biggest mistake. Always do research. They say that none of these issues are from essure but for more than a few cases have the exact same problems. These doctors are getting money for promoting essure so they do not explain any risks low side effects or how painful it is!!! I already had a D&C at 4 weeks due to heavy bleeding. Something is wrong!!!
hi..on june 28,2012 i had essure put in and 3wk ago i started haveing serious pain on my right side and into my back often both sides of my pelvis hurt..i cant fig out why this is happening.A ER dr said its kidneys but cldnt detect an infection sent it to be cultured and i havnt recieved andy calls..I have no idea how to go about telling a dr what im expericancing.The pain is constant when my jeans are tight it hurts my pelvis and sex is too much..i just need advice on what to do...someone suggest something plz!!
hi...i had the essure 4mon ago and 3wks ago sever pain started..its on the right into my back they thought kidneys and i gota culture and never recieves a call that said it was a kidney infection..the pain is in my pelvis and alwasy constantly oain and burning cramping on right then the left will hurt jeans pushing hurts and sex hurts bad and idk how to go about tellng a dr whati suspect it is..i dont feel right and theres no explinaitons..i seen u posted this in jan have u gotten any answers?i need some help with how to approach a dr