Everytime I Eat, I Feel Naucious

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Everytime I Eat, I Feel Naucious

After nearly everything I eat or drink, except for water, I get a terrible vomiting feeling, and dizzy, but never vomit, pass out, etc. I am a 12 year old girl who has had symptoms of depression before, and I don't know if the psychological problems in the past link to my problem with food now. While I wish to eat, and try not to avoid eating, it still hurts. Help? :(
Tags: everytime, eat, Depression, food, Eating, problem, dizzy
  • Nausea after eating (28 replies):
    Does anyone know a reason that i would be getting nausea...[more]
  • spicy food (2 replies):
    Am 5wks can I eat spicy food
  • sex help (1 replies):
    my boyfriend and i have been dating a while. he never us...[more]
  • Nauseous (2 replies):
    For past two weeks I have been nauseas, to the point I w...[more]
I would suggest that you bring this issue up (if you haven't already) to your parents. I am surprised that you are seeking such advice from strangers when you should be telling your folks.. Of course you are always welcome to post any medical concerns.. I am just wondering if you've told your parents. You are 12 years old hun and your parents should be informed of this problem. You probably need to be evaluated by your family doctor.
But you did come here for medical advice and I am not going to ignore you.. (I just had to give you my personal opinion. I mean no offense dear) :)

You said that you suffered symptoms of depression, and had psychological problems in the past. Were you evaluated by a therapist? Meds? What kind of psychological issues did you suffer from? Did you suffer from bulimia? anorexia?
Okay I am going to ask a personal question and if you are too uncomfortable answering feel free to private message me..
Were you ever sexually abused? Sometimes sexual abuse can affect our ability to eat (thus causing bulimia or anorexia)
What kinds of foods do you eat exactly? I am concerned that you are at risk for dehydration or malnutrition due to the constant nausea and dizziness. I plead you to talk to your parents. They need to take you to the doctor for labs (blood panel.. CBC) and if you are having depression now, you need to be seen by a therapist.

My heart hurts for you sweetheart. I wish you nothing but the best.
~VQ
again feel free to private message me to talk if you want!
Nausea after eating may be due to GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease), acute non-GI infections (pyelonephritis, pneumonia),gastroenteritis,liver diseases, pancreatic disorder,peptic disease of upper GI tract,gastric carcinoma,CNS diseases like infections, tumors, multiple sclerosis and metabolic disturbances like diabetes and adrenal insufficiency.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
1 min ago
KTowne commented on JennyB0125's status
TinaR10 commented on melimeli's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals