Exactly 7 Days Late

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Exactly 7 Days Late

I am exactly 7 days late today (09-15-13)..I got my period last month, it usually lasts all 7 days, right after my period was over my guy and I had unprotected sex..now we have been having unprotected sex for a good 3years now, I kinda figured I couldn't get pregnant after trying to for almost a year and a half..but now my period is 7 days late which has never happened before its been at most 2-3 days late..my usual symptoms that let me know my period is about to start are sensitive nipples (which kinda hurt when they're even barely touched ) also get really moody..I am not experiencing any of those symptoms..i don't really know what to think I've had my hopes brought up before and it never happened..so now I don't wanna get my hopes up again..does anyone have any advice? Please and thank you(:
Hi there and welcome.  I'm guessing from what you've written, you've never had anything diagnosed for why you had trouble conceiving?  It IS possible to get pregnant having unprotected sex on the 7th day of your cycle or the 8th.  It's not what is typically considered the most fertile time but it can definitely happen.  

It's really hard to say if it did or not.  I don't want you to have any emotional distress thinking you are and then turning out not to be.  Periods can also be late for no reason at all or for something like a schedule change, stress, illness, or the hormones have a blip for no good reason.  And then the period is late.  

Instead of wondering, I'd take a home pregnancy test. They are inexpensive and quite accurate.  You'd get a positive result most likely if pregnant now that you are a full 7 days post period expectation.  So, go ahead and take a test for peace of mind.  Let us know what it says, okay?  
home test will give u best answer But I tot that menses that last more than 5days is abnormal maybe the person ve fibrod and its very very difficult 4 som1 wit that to conceive.   Just take the home test but I suggest u see a doctor
Actually up to 7 days is considered within normal range.  while the average is 3 to 5 days, a longer period of 7 days still happens for many women and is considered normal.