Excessive body heat
I am constantly overheated.  My body temperature is always normal but I seem to "throw off" my body heat all day long.  Even at night with the air conditioning on I am constantly throwing the covers off, my husband uses me to warm the bed up in the cold months, it only takes me about 10 minutes to totally warm up a king size bed.  I am sitting here at work doing nothing but typing on the computer and I am overheated.  Is this possibly a medical condition of some kind.  It is driving me nuts!
I have the exact same problem.  I sweat whenever my body temperature rises...just eating soup causes this.  Mostly sweating from the head/neck area.  After my shower, I feel like I need to get back in the shower.  I do have hypothyroidism, and on synthroid, but still have the problem.  I say that "my internal thermostat" is broken...lol.  It is embarrassing!  I keep my boyfriend warm too, but then I am so overly hot that I feel uncomfortable from sweating. And it interrupts my sleep.  I too am hoping to find some relief.
I suffer too from the sweating and have hypothyroidism, kidney problems, osteoarthritis.  I am 46 yrs, 155 lbs and have been dealing with these problems for about 10 years now. I
I am 35 and i am obese I get real cold before i go to sleep and about an hour laying in bed i get extremly hot and my feet fill like they are on fire and i have a fan pointed at my feet and a ceiling fan on high above my bed and i am hot all night long.  I dont sleep good i am constantly waking up because i am so hot.  I snore real bad.  I have NO energy to excerise i fill terribly because i am not sleeping.  
I used to have this problem, not only when i walking on the street, it's even worse when i sleeping at night. I have to change my bedsheet once every week!! But i found a solution now and i sleeping on this ucoolz mattress pad every night. My body never sweat ever since i'm using it even i didn't turn on air-con at night. So it's very amazing for me & i believe for people who has the same problem as mine. You can try! www.ucoolz.com
I hope it help others as well.
For me the combination of emotions, stress, diet and pre-menopause and wanting to go up one dress size from 6 to 8 (lack of fitness), and maybe an irregular heart beat (degeneration) have all contributed to this new condition.

In my past life, the one before I left a thriving successful marriage with two children, a perfect house, two perfect cars, a boat and pool and the Australian dream. I had no temperature problems and I was fitter. In fact I was mostly cold, and emotionally cold, this was a safe place to be as it protected my heart for many years.

The correlation of a number of factors that have impacted the change in my body temperature from the transition of a cold body temperature to overheating are likely to be, firstly, I went from a diet with no sweets to the reintroduction of sweets, secondly, I used to have no stress until an abundance of stress and worries entered my life, thirdly, I changed from being loveless to a normal and passionate and empathetic human being, forth, I wanted to put on weight as I felt I was too skinny and finally, reaching the age of pre menopause and maybe an irregular heart beat.

The trigger that mostly makes me feel hot occurs when I am thinking, studying, or working on the computer or when I am thinking about emotional issues. Whilst I am on the computer, I also want to eat all the time, I crave food particularly sweeties, as glucose provides the energy needed for the mind to think. I believe the side effect of thinking, is that it simulates exercise and as a consequence the body goes into heat up mode.

Thank you! Finally a post that might explain what the heck is wrong with me. I have been diagnosed with so many things over the years.  Lupus, Hashimoto's, Fibromyalgia, Raynaurd's Syndrome, etc. etc. Most of my life I have been too cold and had low blood pressure, but more recently, I have begun swinging back and forth from hot to cold, then hot then cold. It happens quickly and leaves me feeling quite sick. Your explanation about the iron deficiency makes such perfect sense. . . even why people associate the onset of symptoms with transfusions, and why the symptoms are similar to, and possibly associated, with the symptoms low thyriod. Wow! Thank you! BTW there are other conditions of the blood that may be of interest to you or other posters looking for answers. Hot and cold Agglutinin Disease may be worth a read for some of you. Anyway, I am quite certain that your thoughts about this being associated with the blood are quite correct! Thanks again.
i read all the comments last night looking for a possiable answer to my sudden hot flushes that have returned . I am 53 and have finished bleeding and becamed confussed why all of a sudden i have these horriable hot flushes .every 20 minutes which caused me to sweat to the point of becoming completely wet all over .. I read about low iron mmm interesting . My last Sippling had moved out 3 months ago so am now alone . so i have not been making the efford I used for  years ago with meals So it was a good chance my iron could be low . So today i started  to take Iron Tablets . first day for weeks that i only has 3 flushes . Wow it feels good to feel normal .  i now believe it was low iron levels that was the problem .Will keep you informed
This sounds like me too.  I can't take the heat in the summer but winter time I have no problem going out when it is freezing out side or even below unless there is a really cold cutting wind.  I have "a" coat that I rarely wear.
Did you ever find out what caused this? I suffer from this to. I have 4 fans on in my bedroom along with keeping the ac at 65 all night. Im losing my mind with this. I have read about it maybe being the thyroid.  Its affecting my life 100%. I get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep at a time if im lucky because i wake up from the heat, sometimes i've actuall gotten sick from it. Please let me know if you figured anything out.
i turned 40 this month(JUNE).  most of my life i can remember being cold-even in summer im cold as hecky.then,three years ago i began having heat radiating from my body but ill still be cold. my boyfriend cant hug me for long or he gets too hot.the strange thing is that to point a fan my way will make me cold.at night i have to sleep under a blanket bc im cold only my body is burning up.i dont sweat unless im being active but im ALWAYS giving off heat even in my sleep.im glad i found you guys bc im at a loss and would like to be found......
Drysil... I had all the same problems as you guys;.. It is a very cheap cream that you put on every night for the first week and then twice a week thereafter. My mother prescribed it for me, she is a CNP! Amazing... I love this cream! Couldnt ask for anything more than that!
I am so happy I found this forum.  I am 29 years old, and my "temperature problem," as my friends call it- has become too much to handle.  I travel for work, especially to third world countries where air conditioning is a commodity, and even when I am in cool air, I sweat excessively.  I have to constantly fan myself, wipe my face and neck off and be careful of the fabrics and colors that I wear.
It is utterly embarrassing to be meeting with executives and sweating so excessively.  I have had BOTOX, DRYSOL and IONIC shock wave devices to help with this.  Yet, I was only able to use those for my underarms.  I had to use the latter two products before my insurance company would cover BOTOX, and I had to explain over and over that this is not cosmetic, that it is hyperhydrosis.
Now that I have a new insurance company, they will not approve the BOTOX based on my prior history and I have to pay out of pocket ($1,200/treatment- lasts ~6 months) and submit for reimbursement.  Insurance companies are a whole other story, but with my travel, it is very difficult to get anything done in less than 2-3 months.
What I found most "inspiring" for me to look into this further with my Dr. is that most of you state that you are 50+ years old, and how it has been a lifelong struggle.  I now know that I have to address this immediately because it appears the symptoms are not going away any time soon.
I also have tried the DITROPAN, at a low dosage, which my dermatologist prescribed, and also helped with my overactive bladder, but it is only a temporary solution as I hope to not need to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life.
Thank you all for sharing, and I hope for a solution for all of us.  I find more and more that we as people are becoming increasingly responsible for doing our own medical research.

Kind Regards
Hi!im so glad I found this forum..like u I get overheated but no sweating..I'm seeing a doctor now(endocrinologist),and ask me to do some lab tests..still waiting for the result(vit d,t3,t4,urine,cbc,sodium,potassium,tsh,calcium,estradiol)
I'm 34 and all 3 doctors I've seen told me this is a sign of pre menopose..but really they don't give me answers that would content me..in fact one doctor told me that I'm lucky for not sweating!!!i don't see how she could say that to me when I explained to her how discomforting it is.I do sweat a lot before but not over sweating...I can't do anything normal now...if I started to move,in a few minutes I'll be feeling so hot and my whole body will turn red especially my face..it would be almost violet..I just hope that my condition wouldn't be like others on this post that even when they were just sitting..they would get overheated..I hope my endocrinologist would find solution or cure for this..

Sorry I'm not a bit of help guys..I'm still on the way of finding out what's happening to me..
I am so glad to find out I am not the only one with this problem. No one seems to believe me. I am miserable with heating up & sweating. It is definitely worse in the summer, or maybe I just like being warmer in the winter. It is interesting some mentioned sweating when going into a store. I do have low thyroid,, but am well replaced with both T3 & T4 meds. I had an early menopause many years ago. I am overweight & prediabetis & have sleep apnea. I have  many allergies & that is the connection I have made in store. I usually have an allergic reaction to the stuff in stores as well. When I mention it to my drs. they just look at me.. I also am on antidepressant meds so it is difficult to even guess the cause. All I know is it is the most uncomfortable problem I have. I would take pain anytime over the heating up...I am hoping there will be a breakthrough & hope one day someone on here will post the cause :)
I thought I was the only one.  This sounds exactly like me except that I am 60.  But I have been hot my entire life.  It just seems to be worse now that I am older.  It is NOT menopause.  I went through that already.  Actually it was better when I went throught it because I would get a hot flash and it would go away.  But now that it is over I am hot all the time.  I never wear sweatshirts or sweaters anymore.  As soon as I put one on I am instantly overheated.  Please post anything you find out and I wilkl do the same. Thanks
I thought I was the only one.  This sounds exactly like me except that I am 60.  But I have been hot my entire life.  It just seems to be worse now that I am older.  It is NOT menopause.  I went through that already.  Actually it was better when I went throught it because I would get a hot flash and it would go away.  But now that it is over I am hot all the time.  I never wear sweatshirts or sweaters anymore.  As soon as I put one on I am instantly overheated.I am also on synthroid, but does not help with this problem.  Please post anything you find out and I will do the same. Thanks
Inconceivable! Thank you for putting this on here. I don't feel so crazy now, as i've been called before by so many people. I just turned 32 and for about 8 years now i've been so uncomfortable due to my excessive body heat. My doc said 'oh don't worry it's just hormones'. Another one said I might even be getting menopause earlier than some women. Then I told him that i've had it since I was in my early 20s and retracted his comment. Oh geez, sometimes it's horrible! And it seems like every year it gets worse or something. Like right now, i'm at work, everyone else is fine, some people even have on light sweaters because the air conditioning is too cool. But me? I rest frozen water bottles on my cheeks, forehead and neck to cool me off as i'm fanning myself. It's only my face/neck/head, but I do not sweat. It drives me insane sometimes that I just want to tear off my shirt! I get so agitated then I start feeling nauseated because I can't stand myself. :(  Another doctor said it was my weight. I am overweight but my thyroid has been checked and it's normal. I live in a 1bedroom apartment, under 700sq feet and my light bill is always about 180.00 to 220.00 a month. I swear I think I was a polar bear in my previous life or something :(
-HoT In TX
I totally understand what your talking about!  I am turning 36 (yikes!) in March.  This past year has been crazy with my body temperature.  I have gotten tested twice regarding "menopause" as I am so sure that it what is happening to me.  I am overweight...have lost weight but, still cant manage to lose it all.  I get nauseated and dizzy as you stated as well.  My husband is always so shocked at how hot I am.  I have a constant fan on me or I am absolutely miserable and agitated.  I have had my thyroid tested twice and all is normal.  Not sure what is going on...it is very frustrating though.  Its funny though cause, Ive checked to see if I have a fever and my average body temp. is 96.7/97.6 range...any ideas?
Hi I am ajay
I am 48 and been perimenopausal for a few years, and periods I maybe have 2 or 3 a year, had the hot flushes years ago, and now, I am also HOT HOT all of the time almost... Noticed this more so this last week, and its quite exhausting, i feel this wave of deep body heat rush through me, up to my cheeks, and its lasts quite a while and fades then comes back, moreso when I have just done a chore or something, I feel like I need the AC on all the time, everyone moans they are cold and I am on fire in side my body... I had a menopausal blood test and was told I am deffo menopausal, OMG is there anything I can take for this, I dont want HRT as a family history of cancer with HRT we think... My Mums sisters had HRT and suffered breat cancer, my mum wouldnt take it and I promised I never would, Mums been fine without .. but I cant keep feeling this heat its so awful... Any suggestions...
I have the same problem. I am 62. I finished my periods about 15 years ago and this coincided with going to live in Spain. About 10 years ago I started to continually feel hot and clammy. Often when I was sitting thinking about things the heat and the sweat would  start dripping. I would have to get to a fan to cool down again. At night I would be drenched and felt as if my internal organs were burning up not an acidy feeling just overheating. The winters are better as I can manage the heat problems better and before this started I was always the cold one needing to warm my feet up on my husband in bed at night. Actually, just sitting here writing this has brought me out in a dripping hot sweat.
When this problem started I was also told that I had IBS - irritable bowel syndrome. I dont know if the 2 can be related. I have read that IBS can be brought on by alergy to certain foods. My diet certainly changed when I came to Spain - much more fruit and more bread and less potatoes. I drink lots of tea but then again I always have.

The more I read your comments I think that it may be alergy related. I think I might try iron supplements and also to cut down on bread as it could be a wheat alergy that causes my IBS and in turn causes inflamation and therefore high body temperatures

Thanks for your comments ---Janet
We really need to make the medical profession heed our complaints.  This is hell on earth.  I've just read every comment; all medications and foods mentioned are not necessarily the cause of this intensely, excessive body heat. I finished menopause at age 45, started burning up in my fifties and now in my 70s nothing has changed. Depriving oneself of Caffeine and sugar is redundant. I started taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin in my fifties only because the older one gets the more joint pain becomes prevalent (now they've added Omega-3). I'm not on any medication and still don't have joint pain.  So, it's obvious none of the 78 comments causes this real curse so let's write directly to heads of the medical profession.
I did't read through ALL of the posts, but a good number of them...  Someone MAY have talked about this already, but I did not see it.

I have heat issues too.  Years ago I became SOOO desperate that I tore the internet apart looking for SOMETHING to help.  First, I came across Wilson's Syndrome - NOT Wilson's Disease (that has to do with copper)...  It is controversial and many claim it doesn't even exist.  All I can say is I experience 1/2 to 3/4 of the long list of symptoms.  One of the first indicators is your body temp runs below the normal 98.6... it is related to your thyroid, but thyroid tests may come back normal, as it has to do with the processing TO T3, not a lack of T4... so something like Cytomel may help... BUT... in addition...

ANYHOW... I talked to a Dr. about all my symptoms and he put all the pieces together instead of just treating each symptom individually and said he thought I may have a pituitary problem.  An MRI revealed I DO have a small adenoma on my pituitary gland.  They say it is 'too small' to even bother treating.  My logic is, if I have ALL the symptoms and problems - why does the size matter - I just want some relief!  From what I have read, many more people have pituitary problems that go undiagnosed... kinda like I said because the whole puzzle was never put together.  Hopefully this info helps SOMEBODY out there...
I do not have this issue, I'm usually cold all the time.  But the guy I am seeing at this time has this issue.  Burns up so bad at night that even I can get sweaty!  The other night I had to change my nightgown from it being wet from his full body perspiration.  I have to be honest, my concern is I wonder if he can get so hot as to spontaneously combust.  Is spontaneous combustion real?  I have read articles on people doing that but not sure if its for real or not.
Have this issue too. I had this after a extensive amount of steroids.
This has been 10 years ago and recently I had been on a herbal to
help with what I thought symptoms of low adrenal and now I have this again with heat and sweat and body heating up from waist up.The funny thing is that I have had the same thing but sometimes the opposite. It feels like your body temp is really low and you feel froze inside but not outside, if that makes since. I think it might have something to do with the pituitary also.
I am not  promoting myself but only sharing a story.  I have a friend that is a 52 year old female and she has a major problem, so I wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same and/or has a solution. My friend burns up with heat on the inside of her body (from head to toe). She says its like having a constant huge fire burning from within and continues 24/7. In addition, she has not been able to sweat at all for over a year. She started HRT a month ago and her levels are now where they should be, but because of the constant burning she cannot enjoy even a single day of her life. She tells me that she cannot live this way and doesn't understand why God won't help her or take her life from her. No, her problem is not caused by Menopause.
I am a hypnotherapist and had the opportunity to work with my friend during the time she was burning up with heat . To make a long story short, when the hypnosis session was over, she had no heat. I also did the same thing for her over the phone, yes I said over the phone and in the middle of the session she had to put a blanket over her. So I think this problem might come from a pinched nerve perhaps in the base of her neck. Also I will also add that soaking her feet in cool water for 20 minutes also took  the heat away. Nerve ending are found in the bottom of the feet. Hope this helps.
Im kind of scared now. Ive always been overheated, i radiated heat as a child and still do in my late teens. I wake up in the middle of the night so warm i sometimes have to go wash my face and neck, and drink ice cold water. My siblings dont exactly understand it. I have to sleep half naked, and NEVER with socks on. and if my sister turns the heat up i throw a conniption lol. I sweat kind of a lot. At odd times too. I have bad anxiety. And my mother had graves disease and had to have her thyroid removed. So. Please someone could you please shed some more insight. This stupid anxiety is going to get the best of me. Lol. Is it possible to have graves at 18??? Or am i showing early symptoms....is it preventable? Anyone have any personal experiences with graves? Id ask my mother but that was a really hard time in her life and i dont really want to bother her about it.
As I read this, I am crying my eyes out. I did not know so many people had the same problem and that NONE of us are treated fairly by doctors. Because we are women, the most common response from doctors is, "well, it must have something to do with your hormones." I won't even justify this lazy diagnosis with an answer - but doctors have no idea what they are talking about! If this happened overwhelmingly to MEN, we would have 100 treatments for it by now. But, because it's primarily a "woman's problem", it is swept behind the door. And, like me, that's where we remain.

I am so disabled by this that I have not gone outside or been around other people (other than my husband) for more than a decade. People stare. People say things. Children point at me.

My body overheats for no reason. I flush so brightly that it scares people, I perspire so heavily that it looks like I've just walked out of the rain. My hair is plastered to my head and my face, neck, and chest stream with water. It moves down my back and ends up behind my knees. This is me, and has been for far too long:

* it starts in my hairline- I feel heat beginning to build
* water streams down my neck, behind my ears, from my temples, down my cheeks, down my neck, and across my chest. my arms and hands are dry,
* i flush so brightly that it makes people stare. they get frightened for me
* i am so hot that I radiate heat. people can feel the heat without touching me
* my hair becomes so soaked, it's plastered to my head as if I had just gone swimming. It will not dry, either! I can sit under a hair dryer forever and my head keeps sweating
* the heat from my head makes water steam
* I can get hot and sweaty in a COOL SHOWER!
* after I take a shower, I get hot and have to wait at least 30 minutes before I can get dressed
* after I get dressed, I get hot and wet again. I have to rest for 30-60 minutes before I can cool down
* as soon as I get up and walk across the room, the heat and wet starts all over
* if I put on a sweater or a coat or a hat, the heat and sweating starts
* if I try to cook something at the stove - watch out!! I become a human volcano of heat and water

I often think of killing myself. I can't go out. I can't work. And I can't get disability because the doctors "can't find anything wrong" with me. No one care to find an answer. I'm tired of being treated with scorn. I'm tired of trying to convince doctors that this is NOT NORMAL. I'm tired. I'm tired of it all. I just want to die.

I truly wish that something big would be found at my autopsy and then, from above, I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I know this is an old post, but have you been checked for sleep apnea? I didn't sleep well and would wake up soaking wet with my head under an open window in the middle of winter in Maine. My hair would be soaking/dripping wet. I could not stay awake during the day either and found out I had sleep apnea. worth checking out.
hi there,
this is smk from india.
recently i got married my childhood friend, but she is a caeserian born.
she had a normally over heated, when in fever the body have like a fire.
how to reduce heat of the body.
Eesh. don't kill yourself now. I'm going through something similarly. I won't say the "same" since I have no idea what you go through. My body overheats constantly, I sweat just from walking across the room, and I get overheated just sitting on a cold floor. It's horrendous. Had my thyroid checked, nothing. Twice actually... I'm pretty convinced that it's my anti-depressants. I take 75mg of Effexor XR. One of the side effects is sweating, but there don't seem to be any recorded side effects for overheating. My temperature is always normal, my doctor says my blood results all check out, and I can't seem to explain it at all. It's horrible during the summer in NYC, because it's ridiculously humid, so it hits me even worse. Still boggles my mind, but I'm still pretty convinced it's the antidepressants... additionally, fast heart rate, pre-hypertension blood pressure, and I'm 26. I'm sweating just typing this up right now. -- one hint, clinical strength deodorant/antipersperant. Just rub it on everywhere.
I just turned 19 last month. Lately my body had been getting hot, especially at night. I sit in front of the fan, drink cold water, and i can't stand to have clothes on cause i get really hot. I've been getting these headaches to. I haven't went to the doctor.
There is a form of Tibetan meditation called "tummo". The monks in Tibet are able to lower or raise their core temperatures simply by thought. The researcher Dr. Herbert Benson conducted many studies on this form of meditation and found that the monks could lower their basal temperatures to extremely low degrees as well as raise them to very high numbers with only beneficial effects on the body.

So for those who are experiencing body temps that are too high, try meditation. Imagine your body cooling down in your core for about 10-20 minutes daily and you'll find that you can do this. Only in the West do we believe we are slaves to our physiology. For those with too low temps, (me), I use Tummo to keep myself at a comfortable warmth. My temps have dropped and I've noticed weight gain and that I'm cold all the time so I use Tummo meditation to raise my temps and it is working wonderfully. Feel free to google "tummo" or "g-tummo" to find out more.
I have Lupus, severe RA, and Parkinsons. I have times during the day when I have such bad hot flashes that it looks like I just ran through a sprinkler and the sweat just poors down my face and body while I am watching tv, not moving at all. If there is anyone out there that can tell me how to manage this, please help me.
going to do the same - I went for the digital thermometer, and it registered 36.6 C only - i'm usually have an average low body temp.
been suffering 4 and hlf years. just turned 59. NOT menopause.
will try caffeine - hard. drink it!
moved here and this started. drank caffeine before..
had something similar years ago-lonf=g before menop. hot on my arms.
I am thinking sick building syndrome??? someings toxic inside effecting me/
my father died of cancer age 56,so concern.
feel ill in this place, exhausted and air 'stagnant' though I open window, doors every day!
once windows closed, especially at night - gets awful.  Same symptoms all year round.
comments?
ps - thyroid checked already - no positive results
Try Armour, it's a pig thyroid.  I was on Synthroid and all the other thyroid meds. And my thyroid doc laughed at the idea, so I went to my general doc, and she prescribed it. I was amazed how my body tempture was normal.  I'm only on 60mg for about the pass year and I'm starting to get hot again so I'm going to see if the doc will encrease the dose some.  Good luck, this is my first post ever and I hope it will help at least 1 person, if not more.  PS:  My thyroid doc was unwilling to think outside of the box, and I was affraid to look elsewhere after being with her for more than 3 years, but taking that step has made myself and my family happy.  Might want to start with general doc first, if your thyroid doctor is opposed.
First... like wow. I haven't been using medhelp for that long, but this is a really long thread. By the way, I'm a guy here. I haven't read all of the posts yet (uhh.. so many), but I saw that symptoms such as flushing and becoming overheated were common.

From what I read from medhelp, other places, and the fact that I currently have hypohidrosis(lack of sweating), it's very close to complete anhidrosis(completely no sweating) at the moment.... these symptoms are also mentioned with these two heat illnesses.

So what I'm wondering, and I'm sure there's different situations for all the people who have posted here so far, is do you suffer from hyperhidrosis (too much sweating) or is it actually hypohidrosis? When I used to sweat I would notice that parts of my body would be drenched in sweat, while others would be completely dry. Apparently, if someone has hypohidrosis or for whatever reason(peripheral neuropathy, etc.) doesn't sweat in certain areas... other parts of your body sweat excessively to try and compensate for this. Your body still tries to cool itself down... of course this doesn't mean it will.

This is kind of my own theory, but it seems to make sense. Perhaps it may fit into someone's situation here.

Oh and I don't know if this will help as much for those of you claiming to have hyperhidrosis, as I said before I have anhidrosis.... but maybe...
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266427.php
This has a lot of information about mostly anhidrosis, but also hypohidrosis. Near the bottom of the page you will find tests and procedures for sweating.

I hope this helps everyone. If anyone wants more details on my internet research or about what's in the link, post or message me.
You said that it was weird that you became hot and didn't sweat, might want to see my post above this one on hypohidrosis/anhidrosis.
i have the same probelm, it *****. My bf wont cuddle me because I am always so hot. I don't have any health problems that i know of either.
Hi..same here..When someone will sleep or sit beside me (relatives,friend or boyfriend) they often say that I am hot and will ask me if I am sick. I am only taking med for my allergy, was this the reason because of my allergy or eosinophil level is elevated? We have a family history of goiter.
I know you posted this a while back but I too have the same symptoms and deal with an internal heat issue. It started in 3/2013 and no one has been able to diagnose. My doctor is now very concerned bc I have dropped 30 pounds because I am always hot and I can't eat due to the heat making me nauseous. I don't have any weight left to loose. Have you found a cure? My life has definitely put on hold and I am so weak physically that I can't do much and if I do things around the house I heat up more than I already am. In addition, when I can get myself to eat, hot foods creates a more intense heat and I cant finish.
I know your post was in 2008, but I have exactly, to a T, what you have posted. I have been tested for thyroid, the test come back normal. I was wondering if you were able to find anything out about this problem?
I'm glad I stumbled upon this! I'm 21 years of age, female, and my body tends to overheat at night. I've always had issues with my "body clock", even as a baby and toddler. My days/nights are mixed up, it's against my natural cycle to sleep at night and be awake at daytime (summary: nocturnal), holding a 1st shift job is DREADFUL, I never am able to simply 'adjust' to sleep well at night. There's a medical term for this I heard recently, but I forget the name... Circadian cycle disorder, I think. I hear that core body temperature plays a big role in our sleep patterns, so it makes me wonder if being overheated at night is linked to my sleep pattern? And I wonder if there's a pattern there for others too?
I see this is an old thread, but I am in search of some relief too. I can't take it anymore. I tell everyone, I suffer with my own personal summer year round. I am 42 years old, female, hypothyroid & diabetic. I am overweight, and I don't eat right. I know all of these are factors, but I can't lose weight because any activity causes me to overheat and I am instantly drained of any energy I may have had. I have no excuse for my poor eating habits, though. My husband and I constantly fight over the thermostat through the summer, and my office at work is always way too hot. I constantly tell my coworkers that I would be much happier if it were cold, you can always put more clothes on, but I cannot take mine off. Even if I were naked, I would still be too hot. My office has determined that 78F is acceptable working environment temperature. Not even close! I cannot function if the temp is above 72F. My desk is directly below an AC register and I have 2 fans blowing on me constantly. At times, this still isn't enough. I feel like a freak of nature, I am baking while sitting at my desk and the person next to me is freezing. This is not right! Please help! I have been hot for about 5 years now and every summer, my intolerance to the heat seems to get worse. How can it be "hot flashes" if it is constant? There is nothing "flashy" about it. I have always hated to sweat, and my face and head have always been the first place it shows up, but it really does seem like I started noticing the excessive overheating for no reason about 5 years ago. At which time all my doctors were telling me that I was too young for peri-menopause, but weren't concerned about my complaints. Now all I hear is "well, you're over 40, its normal". It's NOT freaking NORMAL! Ugh. Thanks for understanding.
I TOTALLY  understand!  I too want my life back but at this point I really donT see it happening.

Sweat pours out of the top of my head making my hair soaked!  It runs down my back and my crotch is so wet I feel DISGUSTING all the time!  Then of course the dreaded headaches from being overheated!

I drink lots of water! Nothing matters anymore, I HATE life
It could be Lyme.  I have been so sensitive to heat and get hot very easily.  My temperature will rise when working outside for 15 min.  I then get so ill And nauseated I must lay down.  I also have so many other symptoms that lead me to believe I have Lyme.
My over heating and sweating seems to be localized to only my face and head. In a cold room my face will drip and my hair is soaked like I just got out of the shower. It's not constant but often enough to keep my hair wet most of the day to the point where I actually got a fungal infection on my scalp. I have learned that keeping a fan on my head as constantly as I can is the only defense I currently have.it is sickening. The fungal infection is now gone but I have since noticed that I have a good sized fluid pocket deep in the crown of my head. I had it drained a few times and it almost immediately filled back up. It also drives me nuts. What is this?!?!
I too suffer with over heating but I have found that when I abstain from carbs and caffeine my body cools down. Sometimes I can't stand the deprivation and eat the wrong foods but I soon are driven back to the diet by the fiery heat that returns. So I live a bit of a yoyo life. This may help someone ....
After many years research I discovered that we suffer from a type of cranio-facial hyperhydrosis. I also found a "cure" of sorts for it. It's called Oxybutynin and it's used for over-active bladder. I know it sounds silly, but I suffered with tis for 5 years and, after taking the oxybutynin for 3 days, the heat stopped and the sweating stopped. Completely! The drug has one drawback in that it makes your mouth extremely dry and sticky, but I'm willing to combat that problem rather than deal with looking like I just walked out of the shower.

Recently I discovered that I may have a condition that caused this. It's called Erythromelalgia. It's mostly a genetic condition, but it does happen spontaneously (for no reason). The symptoms are usually felt in the feet and hands, but there are cases of cranio-facial involvement. The symptoms are: excessive heat, pain (from mild tingling to burn-like pain), and excessive sweating. There is no "cure" for Erythromelalgia, but I would recommend the oxybutynin to anyone with this problem.

It took me many years of being completely isolated to find this information and I hope this spares someone else the pain and suffering of this condition.