Excessive body heat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Excessive body heat

I am constantly overheated.  My body temperature is always normal but I seem to "throw off" my body heat all day long.  Even at night with the air conditioning on I am constantly throwing the covers off, my husband uses me to warm the bed up in the cold months, it only takes me about 10 minutes to totally warm up a king size bed.  I am sitting here at work doing nothing but typing on the computer and I am overheated.  Is this possibly a medical condition of some kind.  It is driving me nuts!
HI MORGAN HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THIS?WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR TEMPERATURE DO YOU USE A MERCURY THERMOTER?IF NOT TRY USING THAT.A DIGITAL THERMOTER DOES NOT ALL WAYS GIVE AN ACCURATE READING.WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS ARE YOU HAVING?DO YOU SKIP PERIODS?ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT WITH OUT TRYING?HOW DOES YOUR HAIR LOOK?YOU MIGHT HAVE THYROID DISORDER.IF YOU DO YOU NEED TO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT.I AM NOT A DOCTOR,JUST SOME ONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406.P.S.LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THOSE SYMPTOMS.TAKE CARE.
I second the comment about possible thyroid problems (hyperthyroidism).  Other symptoms can include tachycardia (fast heart rate), weight loss despite eating at least a normal amount (maybe more), feeling "jittery", and protruding eyes.  Are you having any of these?  You should get yourself checked out.
I still have all my hair, I can't lose weight even when I try.  I do have hypothyroidism and take Synthroid. I will check with my endocrinologist and see what he has to say.

Thanks for the ideas.
If you're taking Synthroid, it might be a good idea to check with your endo to see if the dose needs to be decreased.  If the dose is too high, the symptoms will be those of hyperthyroidism.
hello i'm donna and i have a problem with my body overheating at night. i have hot flashes and take medication for it, but,  my body tends to get really hot at night when i go to bed. between this and my hot flashes i am totally miserable at night and losing a lot of sleep behind this what is wrong with my body???? please help
This is an old thread you have posted on, but I'll help you if I can.  Is the medicine for menopause or something else?  If not menopause, have you been checked for it or other hormonal issues?  You might let your doctor know what is happening and ask specifically about hormones.
I had my thyroid checked. Multinodular goiter, benign.
I had body heat, heart palpitation, lack of sleep.
Doctor-radiologist sent me home , said it is OK.
I do not know what to do with my body heat....please help.
I have slightly high thyroid antibody.
I have low body heat and it makes me stiff every day until I take a hot bath to warm myself up.  Do I have low body heat and if so what condition could it be and what herb can i take for it.
hi, im roxanne. i am often told by people who i sleep with, my daughter included, that my body is really hot. although i dont really notice this and there are no discomforts either. infact,i have very low tolerance of cold.
i just want to understand my body. is this normal? should i seek the doctor?
could anybody explain to me this condition? thanks
I had a blood transfusion 18 years ago and I started being really warm alot now that I have begun having hotflashes I am on fire all day long, I can barely stand being away from air conditioning and my family complains about the house being too cold.  Does anybody know if this could be from a transfusion because I think that when I started being hot.
Can anyone suggest me some cure(food) for excessive heating.i hav no disease or disorder.
I have had the problem of excessive body heat and excessive sweating as long as I can remember (I am now 56).  I can be sitting in my office, air conditioning on, and all of sudden start dripping sweat that actually will land on the papers I am working on.  It appears to have no relation to the temperature - although it is always accompanied by the body heat.  I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect!   My excessive sweating is not under the arms, or feet or hands.  Instead it seems localized above the neck, which I found is called "cranio facial hyperhidrosis".    I did my own research to find this, and I also found that many doctors are unaware of this condition and/ro its debilitating effects, and want to shrug it off as "we all do that sometimes" or "it;s just menopause" despite the fact that I've had if for the last 4 decades.  Looking back, I know my mother suffered from it also, although she passed away some time ago.,  It has been a lifelong disability - preventing me from participating in any sports - even in high school,  or going anyplace you walk around outside when it's hot.  Actually, it doesn't even have to be hot.  Inside stores - even with a/c - I always seem to get hot within a few moment (it's like it comes on when it's stuffy).    I can't remember the last time I bought anything with long sleeves and was able to wear it for any length of time.  I layer everything.  I cannot wear sweaters, coats - it's just totally debilitating.  I am currently trying to pursue some kind of treatment for the hyperhidrosis (which may actually be a side effect of the excessive body heat, for which I have no diagnosis) from my doctors, but I find I am educating them, rather than the reverse.  If anyone knows what this is called - or any treatment for either the excessive body heat or excessive facial and head sweating - please share - ...
This is the first time I have ever joined anything online but when I read your comments I thought I was reading about myself. I am also 56 and suffer the embarrassment of sudden "showers". I have reached a point where I do not like to go shopping or to parties and I stopped going to yoga because of my excess sweating. My body is generally fine, hot, but fine, but my head drips. Sometimes I'm not even aware until drops of sweat suddenly fall in front of me. I have to be very careful about what I wear as my shoulders and chest can be covered in wet splashes in a few moments. I live in a semi-tropical place with high humidity and the older I get the worse this problem gets but I cannot blame just the climate. When I travel to cold climates I'm fine until I go inside a shop and then the waterfall begins. I have developed a bit of social anxiety which can make me sweat but I don't know which is cause and which is effect. I have asked my doctor about it and get the usual response of "menopause" but, as you said, I seem to have been in menopause most of my adult life. He also tried me on beta-blockers ( for the anxiety) but they did not help and had some odd effects. I'm sorry I cannot suggest anything to help but I just needed to reach out to someone who understands. No one else in my family, that I know of, has this problem
To All:
I have never responded to any forums on-line, but I recently decided to seek information regarding my excessive heat and perspiration problem. I am 50 years old and find it dehabilitaing, embarassing and emotionally draining. Right now I had to reach over and turn on my little fan (I have them all over my home (5 in all), besides a ceiling fan in every room. It is one way I have found to deal with the onset of my constant overheating.  It is like a switch has been turned and I begin perspiring at my temples, on my face, neck, between my breasts and if I am unable to control my enviroment, down my back.  I have been tested for thryoid about 12 years ago, but not recently. I had two heart attacks in 2006, as well as two blood transfusions. For myself, I have found humidity is a huge factor, even a little humidity makes me feel ill. I have no answers, just questions. Take care and good luck.
I have the same sort of problem...I get really hot for no reason.  Right now I am sitting watching tv in jeans and a tank top and it is like 60 degrees in the room.  I feel like I am boiling.  When I go to bed, my boyfriend can only hold me for a few seconds before we are both hot.  Most of the time when I am at home I can barely stand to wear clothes, so I usually sit naked.  I keep it dark and cool inside, but I still get really hot.  I am still a teenager so I am not sure why I get these "hot flashes" and the weirdest thing is that I don't sweat while I am hot.  I feel like I am sweating but no liquid comes out, its more of a sticky feeling.  It is so incredibly weird and I wish it would stop.  Also like some have previously mentioned whenever I go into a store I get hot, especially when I try on clothes...I get flushed and it is a little embarrassing.  
I have posted my experiences and questions earlier in this forum - my excessive sweating is concentrated primarily on my head, face and neck, and I finally found something that has helped tremendously!  It is not a cure, but it certainly alleviated a lot of the aggravation.  The only bad side effects I have experienced are dry mouth (about an hour after I take the medication, and it lasts about an hour) and the fact that if I forget to take it, the sweating seems to return instantly.  It is a RX called

DITROPAN

It really worked for me and it's worth a try.  (it's the prescriprion for overactive bladder of all things!).  I have been taking it for about a month now, and would love to hear from anyone else that has tried it.  Of course, the real test will be in the summer....
I was reading your post and am very sympathetic.  At my age, all the doctor's want to pass it off as menopause, but at your age - there is no reason for your suffering.   I am not a doctor, but research on the internet or with your doctor a condition called hyperhidrosis ( there is palmar (palms), feet, underarms and face (cranial-facial hyperhidrosis).  If I can help a young person beat this before it has a chance to impact her adult life, I would be thrilled.  Plus...without the internet I would never have been able to put a name to the condition, because the doctors are very unaware of it.  So...take print out some of your research (the mayo clinic has recently done some great clincial trials involving BOTOX as the the treatment) to your doctors and educate them!  They need to recognize this as a valid medical condition.  

http://www.mayoclinic.org/hyperhidrosis/treatment.html

There is also a surgery, called ETS (side affects are major though) and read my latest post about DITROPAN.  Hope this helps you.  Don't let anyone tell you it will just go away -"after all, everyone sweats and its a good thing" - because if you have this condition, it NEVER goes away and it causes all kinds of social problems.
I had excessive body heat for as far back as I can remember. Finally I discovered for myself, that I have a Caffeine Allergy & a sugar intolerance. When I eliminated ALL sources of my caffeine consumption and had only minimal sugar intake (limited to natural sources) the excessive body heat issue went away completely. I recommend trying it for a 2 week period and see if it help you too. I am confident you will see many health benefits as I half.
I am so glad I found this forum!  I thought I was the only person this was happening to.  I started the "change" 10 years ago--hot flashes, etc--  I've been over that several years, but now I have this excessive body heat.  My house stays at 60 degrees and my husband wears sweats all year long.  If the temperature gets to 65 while I'm sleeping, it will wake me up.  It looks to me like there are alot of us out there and no place to turn.  Any suggestions?

Lynne  
I am sitting here, fighting back the tears as I read this. My dr has been baffled and done every test, and could not find out why I am so hot and sweating all the time. Ive never seen or heard of anyone else with this problem before now. I just went to an endocrinologist on friday and even she didnt know what was going on. I see my Dr next week and I am going to tell her about what has been said here and maybe  finally, I can get some kind of life back. I have gained 60 lbs in the past couple years, because I cannot even walk 2 blocks without getting so hot and sick I have to stop.  And when it happens, when I overheat, it can sometimes take DAYS for my body to cool down enough for it not to be unbearable. My normal body temp is what others would deem "hot". I cannot tell you all the relief I felt reading I was not the only one. I think we need to start a support group!
The thing is that article from the mayo clinic, only adresses sweating. Its more than the sweating, its the body heat, that makes my life miserable. Sweating I think I could live with, but I dont cool off, even when I am sweating buckets. I am tired of being a prisoner in my own home and body. I want my life back damn it!!!! My house is a mess, my life is a mess, because I cant do a thing, without my body overheating to the point I want to throw up and no amount of sweating, cools me off. I feel like I am a human microwave, cooking from the inside out. Please, if any of those things previously mentioned helped you , let me know.
I am a male, so I suppose I have a different perspective on this issue. I have had hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the hands since puberty. However, about 7 years ago (I am now 31), I began to experience generalized sweating over my entire body, as well as a total intolerance to heat. I now despise the summer, and also find it difficult to get motivated to do anything because I get unbearably hot and sweaty and, as a result, agitated. To make things worse, the sweat is usually obnoxiously clammy so, overall, it *****. I have been to numerous specialists (dermatologists, endocrinologist, thoracic surgeon, neurologist), and have always come back with the same diagnosis of hyperhidrosis (after testing for thyroid problems, adrenal cancer, and other issues). Of course, I have no idea why I am so damn hot all of the time, I feel like I have a radiator in my body, and my wife says she can feel the heat on my stomach, back and extremities. I have tried a bunch of medications, most of which were aimed at the sweating piece of the puzzle (ditropan, clonidine, robinul, gabapentin, mirtazipine, various anti-depressants, bella donna alkaloids with PB, etc.), these meds (particularly the anticholinergic ones) worked for a time, but my body heat would invariably go up as the sweating stopped (the heat had nowhere to go!). Furthermore, these meds lost their effectiveness over time, and the dosages had to be continually raised (causing more undesired side affects). So, I am currently left with the always annoying diagnosis of hyperhidrosis, and few options for treatment. I long for my old body, and am not sure I can have it back.
I am 65 yrs old, I have had excessive body heat for 2 - 3 yrs.  My dr. has done several tests and they come back normal, she put me on clinidine which did nothing at all for the heat but did help lower my blood pressure.  She always tries to say that it is memopause, I have been there and I know the difference, I am not going thru menopause.  My body heat seems to start at about chest level and goes up, no matter how cool it is, what I am doing, or what I am wearing.  I can be perfectly still and all of a sudden I am so hot I can't stand it (even in the ac and with fans blowing directly on me), I sweat profusely on my face, neck, and breast line.  I am at a loss for what to do, or who to go to.  It is like the dr. thinks I am exaggerating.  At the time this is happening my skin feels clammy.   by desperate
Me too!  So glad to find someone talking about this who is my age.   I have experienced the problem for around 5 years, but talking to my doctor produced no results.  I have not tried any medications but am printing this discussion to show at my next physical appointment.  Since I am a caffeinaholic and sugar magnet, I will concentrate on weaning myself to see if it might help (4Charmed). Thanks to all for this "bandwagon".  I, like others who have posted, thought it was my problem alone.  
I was desperate for an answer a few years back about my heat intolerance (but didn't have the sweating).  I stumbled on Wilson (Temperature) Syndrome.  Don't mistake for Wilson disease - that has to do with copper.  Although it is not recognized by the thyroid association, I was definitely open to give it a shot.  Those of you on Synthroid, that is a T4 med, and exactly the opposite of what is recommended.  It states a T3 (Cytomel) or at least a thyroid med that has both T4 and T3.  Here is the web site (be sure to click on the 'fixing the problem' tab at the top of that web page after reading this one...

www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com/WilsonsTemperatureSyndrome.htm

I had another doctor look at all of my findings and symptoms, and put all the pieces together, and said he thought I had a pituitary gland problem. After all, it IS the MASTER gland, and controls the thyroid. They did an MRI, and low and behold, I have an adenoma on my pituitary gland. They are not known to be cancerous, so don't 'sweat.' Sorry, poor attempt at humor. Mine is very small though, so they do not see it as a problem, and will not do anything about it (REGARDLESS of how it is affecting me).

There is also Graves disease...

I hope some of this may offer you some help and relief.
It is amazing that such a condition that causes so much distress,though not life threatening, can be such a puzzle. Like most of you my doctor is not interested and considers my excessive body heat trivial. I would like to see him  cope with the discomfort of dripping hair, and lack of composure due to appalling discomfort of overrheating. Surely someone has the answer!
Wow, this is so similar to what I have dealt with for so long! I am 32 years old, and have had trouble with overheating with nothing prompting it. I live in Minnesota, so during the winter it's not too bad, unless I go into a store, then I have to immediately shed all layers down to a tshirt, and then still get tingly hot all over. Summer is unbearable, and can barely leave the house. I hate it and it is controlling my life. I have had my thyroid checked several times, and when it comes back normal, my doctor usually gives me some answer like, "it must just be the hot weather..." Gee, thank you, Mr. Wizard! I just want to be able to take my little girl to the park when it's warmer than 50 degrees! I tend to get a tingly hot sensation, feel sick, like any piece of clothing I have on is strangling me or makng it worse. I will look up those ideas mentioned earlier. Any other diagnosis options?
I suffer with excessive body heat.  This has been going on for a long time and seems to be getting worse.  I am so tired of being told there is nothing wrong.  I like to grab my Moms arms becuase they are so cool to the body.  I am only 28 and have been told that I may have fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia).  I do not know if this is one of the symptoms.  No doctor can seem to help me with the constist muscle and joint pain and the heat that my body produces.  Sometimes I wish I could register a fever and then maybe something could be done.  Can anyone help

Alyse
I understand how you all feel, I am 60 and have been having what I call "Power Surges", please look up "Kundalini" this should help you out a lot.
I have same matter of overheated body, but when i take Omerprazole Tablets (Antacid, Anti Flatulence) my body temprature become normal, now a days i am taking a herb tea, that is good to relief me.
I am a 29 year old woman living in helsinki, finland , i was born in australia. most people think all aussies love the heat i dont it makes me sick. i am light sensitive, i have two heart conditions, deep vain thrombosis (so no flying). I have had a problem with overheating since i was born. when i was a baby my parents lived in a part of  sydney during winter i was sick but unnaturally over heating.

the doctor told my mother to wrap me up so i wouldnt get too cold when i eventually cooled down, i was put into the pram in the cold air. my mother was wrapped up more than i. but it made me better (finnish kids are put rugged up in their prams to sleep outside).

As i grew up the overheating got worse that it was making me sicker. i could go out side when it was twenty degrees and get heat stroke. no one at my schools believed me til the really hot days came. I am older now living in finland, on medical advice. it has to be minus 15 c here before i start to cool down to a normal tempreture   . I love the cold but i am overheating at the moment badly, the window is open and the fan is on the highest setting its 14c but my body is acting like its 30 to 40c.

I hate being made to feel like i am making this up. charlotte in finland.
i am 26 and my body over heats at night its so bad my fiance wont hold me at night i dont sweat but my body just be burning up what should i do
I am so grateful to have found this site.  I have been hot all my life.  I am 41 now and remember as a teenager my parents used to make me keep my bedroom door closed because I turned off the heat in the winter and you would actually feel the cold air come down the hallway and downstairs.

Now and in the past several years, it is starting to really affect my life or maybe it did then too and I just don't remember.  The best part of my day (in the fall/winter) is walking out my front door and feeling the cold.  I walk out with short sleeves and put my sweatshirt on when I get in the car or sometimes not at all.  I do not own a long sleeve shirt and would never even consider wearing a sweater.  I usually wear short sleeves and zipper sweatshirt so I can take it off.  

I am overweight now, but wasn't always my whole life.  I recently found out I have high blood pressure and diabetes and am on medication however when the really bad bouts of body heat come, I check my pressure and my sugar and they are normal.

I am sitting here in a spaghetti strap nightgown.  It is 7 degrees outside and I feel like I am in a sauna.  The unfortunate part right now is that my husband is going through chemotherapy and is cold all the time so I can't really turn the heat off, plus I have 2 children.  My husband has been sleeping downstairs since his treatments and I sleep in my bedroom with the window open.

Thank you just for letting me vent.  I am grateful for all your posts.

Donna
Hyperthermia is an elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation. Hyperthermia occurs when the body produces or absorbs more heat than it can dissipate. When the elevated body temperatures are sufficiently high, hyperthermia is a medical emergency and requires immediate treatment to prevent disability or death.

The most common causes are heat stroke and adverse reactions to drugs. Heat stroke is an acute condition of hyperthermia that is caused by prolonged exposure to excessive heat or heat and humidity. The heat-regulating mechanisms of the body eventually become overwhelmed and unable to effectively deal with the heat, causing the body temperature to climb uncontrollably. Hyperthermia is a relatively rare side effect of many drugs, particularly those that affect the central nervous system. Malignant hyperthermia is a rare complication of some types of general anesthesia.

Hyperthermia can be created artificially by drugs or medical devices. Hyperthermia therapy may be used to treat some kinds of cancer and other conditions, most commonly in conjunction with radiotherapy.

Hyperthermia differs from fever in the mechanism that causes the elevated body temperatures: a fever is caused by a change in the body's temperature set-point.

The opposite of hyperthermia is hypothermia, which occurs when an organism's temperature drops below that required for normal metabolism. Hypothermia is caused by prolonged exposure to low temperatures and is also a medical emergency requiring immediate treatment.

Im of 17 years of and have suffered from my body overheating dramatically for no reason that I can explain which leads to intense itchy skin. Wether its me walking to college, walking back home or when I go from a cold atmosphere to a warm atmopshere. My mum suggested I should bath in milk and it did help. Also, seeing as I'm looking for a career as a doctor, i've been doing some research and learnt itchy skins is due to dry skin so I suggest 'Double Base Gel' which is a good cream to reduce itchy skin. Also, its best to put it in a fridge as it will keep the cream cold and for people suffering from overheat, this will help aswel.

I still suffer but hopefull it will go away.
Hope this information has helped you.

i ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.  i HAVE TO BEEN TO SO MANY DOCTORS AND RECEIVE NO ANSWER.  ONE DERMOTOLOGIST TOLD ME IT COULD MEAN I HAVE A TUMOR SOMEWHERE IN MY BODY WHICH IS CAUSING THIS.  I JUST HAD A CT SCAN WHICH CAME BACK NEGATIVE.  NOW WHAT...I'M TOTALLY DISGUISTED AND STILL CAN'T HAVE A NORMAL LIFE.  NO HOUSEWORK OR EXERCISING OR GOING OUTDOORS BECAUSE I FEEL AS THOUGH I MAY HAVE BODY ODER AS WELL.
I am 60 and have been experiencing horrible excessive body heat for years, but is now almost intolerable! I am so uncomfortable in the night and evening that I often go outside and stick my feet and ankles in our cold pool to try and get relief. No one can explain why this is happening, and my Dr. just looks at me like I am crazy. In the evening when it is really bad, I just touch my husband and he can't handle the warmth. I am miserable and would love to know what tests should be run, or where I can turn for help.
I just lost every bit that I just wrote. This site is really complicated to post on. When I went to sign in everyting was erased. Long story short. I'll try again maybe I will not lose this. My T3 is normal, brain and neck catscan normal, blood work and lipid panel excellent, stress test normal. I am 63, went through menopause mid forties and have been having hotflashes ever since. Just last year I started having extreme hot flashes with little or no sweating. And I used to sweat buckets even before menopause. Thus my reason for all the scans and blood work. Endocrinologist just found low sodium which was easily corrected by me. I execise 3 days a week mainly strengthening but had a bad spell after spinning the other day. Now I am afraid to go back. I have had anxiety attacks for about 8 years started when  I was a caregiver for my mom who had Alzheimer's. I also had a simple mastectomy in 2004 stage 1.  I take low dose xanax 2x day. Does not really prevent nor help when these episodes hit. I just have to wait for them to wear off. Nothing I do, cold water on my body, drinking cold water, standing in front of a fan, taking a pill nothing will shorten them.
But these episodes are more like overheating with no sweating rather than a traditional hot flash. I have a good doctor but he has offered no solutions thus far. I have never taken hormones. If anyone has a clue I will appreciate any info.
I am a Registered Nurse (retired, but working casual)  who is also suffering from the same dilema as those who have previously posted their comments.  My age is 63 - with a young spirit!  I don't know how many times, I've prepared myself for a special function only to find myself dripping wet from the head down to the torso.  My hair is soaked and makeup dripping off.  Not a nice way to feel! I have to agree with commented made related to the "pituitary gland".  I suspected the same before reading anything.  I have an underactive thyroid and type 2 diabetes - good reason to sweat!!  Honestly, I don't think there is much we can do.  Taking on medications may relieve some of the symptoms, but there is a price to pay.  Usually other problems come up to take the place.   My Mother suffered the same.   Originally I thought that this situation  would calm down once menopause raged forth and subsided.  Not a chance!  It's been much worse for the past two years, and I am always apologizing for being wet!  If anything helps at all - sitting down quietly with a fan and drinking a large glass of cold water seems to help, and staying away from caffeine.    I'm not able to do that all the time, but it does help when able.  At work  I sometimes soak a small towel with ice water and wear it around my neck - may not look professional, but at least it keeps me relatively sane!  There are devices ie. thin tubes of ice which work tremendously well.  A good alternative to brain surgery, should that be an option!  Ok, so I'm trying to keep a sense of humor, but really folks we are all in this together and that is comforting.  Misery loves company, and that is true!  Good luck to all. My warmest wishes to you.
A HOT NURSE  
Hi fellow hot flushers!!   I have often thought if I counted the times I have said Ï'm so incredibly hot"  and then being met with a blank stare and a comment from all present that they were perfectly cool it would be in the billions.  This is ruining my life as I love to be active but find the constant heat so dibilitating that I find staying at home doing nothing but the only option.
I can't add anything helpful  to this forum but I did feel it was important to add my voice to that of others to let all know that this disease/condition is far more wide spread than what is thought and more distressing than what doctors seem to realise. by the way, i'm 50 years old.
I'm an obese, 63 yr old female with anxiety & depression, an essential tremour, fibromyalgia and multiple arthritic joints.  I don't drink any caffeine and now I won't use white sugar-- I'll use stevia.  My fibro started in my mid-30's and I had extreme pains if I got cold - like the pains and aching of a high fever and pain in my "long bones".   I've finished menopause but not the heat which starts in my torso and neck, radiating down my arms and then excessive sweating in my chest, neck, arms, scalp and face.  For me it has something to do with anxiety -- even if it's small things that wouldn't bother a normal person -- like watching tv or expecting a phone call, or going to church, shopping, etc.  I don't always know that anxiety was the trigger.   I can't do much housework unless I'm alone and don't worry about what my company would see.  I hate to be seen like this and  I don't want anyone to worry about me.  I can't "join in any reindeer games" because I never know when I'll start a heat flush and sweat.  I am on antidepressives and pain meds.  I find codeine makes me sweat more and shake more.  Oxycodone increased my symptoms.  I used to take a lot of clonazipam with no help.   I'm starting sage extract today.  I never wear anything other than natural fibres, buy "wicking" bedding, and use small pillows so that the excess of the pillows don't heat up my chest and neck.  
We need to continually pester our doctors until something gives if not for us but for someone else.    If I find out anything new, I'll share.
Amazing to read so many women having the same problem. I, too, get so hot for no apparent reason. I can be sitting reading a book and pretty soon I am dripping wet. If I get up too fast while I'm sweating, I feel sick and get a headache that lasts for days and won't go away. I have been reading stuff on the hypothalamus but not sure if that's my problem. All I know is I'm tired of being so hot! Like many of you the 'sweats' come on for no reason and hair and newly applied makeup are ruined. Can't lie close to my husband for long before I am sweating profusely. I had a hysterectomy at the age of 33 and took estrogen for 16+ years. I used to think it was because I stopped taking estrogen and the heat would pass but I haven't had any pills in 7 years. My body should have recovered by now.  I am tired of being so hot and sweaty! I have found if I exercise and force my body to sweat that helps somewhat but it doesn't control it completely. I have determined I will not be controlled by this- I will find a way to combat it even if sweating is my life I will continue to live and work through it. The only part I hate is how weak it I feel if I move too quickly while hot- I feel like I could pass out, feel sick and get a headache.  There has to be some medical reason. There are too many feeling the same way.
SOOO....I'm not alone...YAY!!!
I have been suffering from what I like to call "Heat Waves"....for the past 5+ years.  I had to have a hysterectomy and went into instant menopause and have had the excessive body heat and sweats ever since.  It is miserable!!  I am so glad I found this blog and now have something to go to my Doctor about.  

Thank you all for sharing!!
A few years back I added to this post because I was quite desperate.  My body gets so hot I think I am going to implode!! :-) Not really funny.
I noticed this problem soon after I began my anti depressants and see that excess sweating is one of the side effects, however, I only sweat on my head, face and neck.  The rest of my body is fine, so I don't think it helps, but is not the cause.
What I have discovered is that in winter, I don't experience it very much, my body temperature does drop and I am able to cope, whilst everyone else is freezing, I am sitting around without a jumper or jacket.  In fact I feel quite comfortable.
Reading through all the threads, I see a common theme, its thyroid.  I have no thyroid and take thyroxine supplement, I can't help feeling that this is all related.  Much as I believe my doctor that my levels are fine, I just think there is a real suppliment to such an important hormone.
I am unable to do any exercise, or any activity and I begin to heat up, with it comes a feeling of desperation, and yes perhaps a hint of anxiety.  I notice my hands are very hot all the time. I wish I could say that I have found the cure, but alas, unless I move to the antarctic I am stuck with this untill someone comes up with a solution.
btw, I currently have a little fan on my desk at work which is blowing directly onto my face, that does help.
i'm so pleaswed to have found this site . i was begining to think i was the only one with this problem . i'm so hot at night ,its hard to sleep . i have been to my doctor i'm sure she thinks i'm making it all up.
i'm going to try cutting out cafeen and sugar but also i'm going to tell my doctor about this site .maybe now she will believe me lol
My wife (30yrs) has extreme body heat at night... to the point we can't cuddle for a long time, I can't stand the heat. I've read several differnet sites today about this and really haven't seen anything that suggests a way to correct it. She only gets hot (to touch) at night and during the day her skin feels like normal temp. She breaks out in sweats 4-7 nights a week. This has been going on every night for the 10 years we've been together. She's under the sheet and blanket saying she's freezing and I have hardly any of the sheet on me. She can't gain weight... 5'11/115lbs, no hair loss, temp set to 71-73 depending on the time of year, best we know everything else is fine with her.
Hi! I am experiencing something similar. It started about a month ago (I am 36 and having periods). Out of nowhere I start to feel this heat inside my body from abdomen to the throat. I feel like burning, but not like stomach burning. Just dry heat eating me from inside. Plus headaches. I do sweat more than usual, but I am cold from outside. I feel like a have a hell inside.
I'm not a registered physician but have done lots of looking into this type of stuff...Look at all your possible allergies/sensitivities possibilities (food, meds, chemicals, sugars, air quality etc) Most of us assume that allergies only effect our outside body (eyes, ears nose etc) but they will also effect our insides. Our bodies naturally heat up to fight off bugs/infection etc (we call these fevers in extreme cases). I used to have a hot internal fire inside esp at night (without the sweating) until I quit caffeine and most sugars also. If your just sweating all the time you could have ur blood levels checked. I would assume most people here have stress & inflammation issues also..Keep things simple and balanced!
I am 39 and like a previous post, I have a benign goiter on my thyroid. My thyroid levels have been tested many times over the years because of my excessive fatigue. Never have my thyroid levels been off.

About 5 years ago, I went to yet another doctor to find out why I was so sleepy all the time. He did the same battery of tests that showed that my thyroid was great. I wasn't anemic. Didn't have cancer and the regular spill I'd heard over the years. He gave me THREE sleep tests only to find that I had borderline sleep apnea but definitely had a sleep disorder which definitely was not narcolepsy. He had no other answers so he put me on ADHD medications which keep me awake and give me energy.

One side effect of amphetamines is raised body temperature. I did notice that I felt more hot than normal, but still didn't sweat. I've never been a sweater.

About 4 years ago, I had a copper IUD inserted for birth control. I chose it because the hormones in all the pills and patches made me nauseous and the copper IUD has no hormones.

Fast forward to the past year. I noticed that during the day, working as a newborn photographer at the hospital, I'd began to sweat profusely mostly from the neck up. My whole body gets sticky but drops of sweat would pour off my scalp! As I have been dealing with this for months and searching for answers I'd mention it to the nurses at work and co-workers. Most want to blame it on my goiter even though I've had my thyroid tested many times including just a few months ago. Others want to blame it on 'menopause'. PEOPLE! I have my period every month like clockwork and it lasts for almost a week! I'm 39 for God's sake. Plus, all I hear or read about with menopause is hot flashes. It's not a flash. If I'm working, I'm wet with sweat. No at night though. I haven't noticed anything at night.

The sweat actually rolls into my eyes and my hair drips. If the patient room is warm, that makes it worse! I feel like there is an inferno raging inside my body. I do cool down enough to stop sweating if I go sit in my office under the A/C and be still for at least 10 minutes. This has really slowed me down. I've always seemed hot natured but not sweat rolling down my face. I have to wear a headband like someone out of a 1980's work out video just to catch the sweat before it gets into my eyes.

Okay, so I've read on line that a copper IUD can cause body temperature fluctuations. I've had it for years and this sweating thing is fairly new. Same with the amphetamine RX. I cut way back on the RX anyway for a month to see if it helped at all. No change other than my wanting to climb in the bassinets with the newborns and sleep.

Baffled, I started really paying attention. I have noticed that I'm mildly hot but not sweating for a few days after my period. I mean it's a small window, like 5-days.

I scheduled an appointment to have the IUD removed, but now I'm thinking I should stop all caffeine and sugar for a while and see if there's a difference.

Thanks for all of the posts and for letting me vent.

To all of you who suffer the sudden onset of excess body temperature, have your iron stores checked. Complete blood count with ferritin, iron binding capacity and iron stores percentage tests. Excess body heat and sudden sweats is a symptom of iron-deficiency anemia and depleted iron stores. Can happen at any age, to men or women. I had for years. Tuns out my iron stores were depleted. Am on my 6th IV iron treatment. Excess heat and sweats STOPPED after 4th treatment. Turns out heat's a by-product of your body trying to increase red blood cell production. By the way for thyroid patients, your thyroid function will fluctuate depending on whether or not your iron levels are competent. Some endos and GPs seem to have difficulty diagnosing and fixing iron store deficiencies. Do yourself a favor and go directly to a good hematologist. Good luck to all of you!
I am 63 years old and have excessive sweating of the head it does no good to fix my hair because within a few minutes it is dripping  I am past menopause
I have sat and read all of the posts old and new and think it is so sad that thr are so many of us suffering this very debilitating problem. I suffer the same, struggle at work, cleaning at home, my social life is through the window. I suffer from ME and chronic kidney disease, osteoporosis and arthritis ... I am just 50 and this heat and sweats are horrendous ... as thr are so many of us with same symptoms why can't the docs give us a break and listen to us and act on the much info we provide it is so frustrating for people around us too.  I wish a doctor cud read these comments and offer help. PLEASE.....
I am a 19 yeat old girl, who can not put on any weight, weighing approx 55kgs, but skinny as a twig.

Now i cant especially where anything long sleeved, short sleeeved, anything convering my underarms because i sweat that much, but i can even wear a singlet top or boobtube dress/shirt and i will be sweating non stop, however majority of my time i will feel freezing, i cant handle the air conditioning at all, because my bones get soo cold however, inside i can feel heat, and if you feel my skin or body it will feel EXTREMELY hot, yet i will have goosbumps.

I cant sleep with anything on really because i will be sweating, and no one can even lay near my because i will be producing that much heat from me its unbelievable, let alone touch me at all when im sleeping. This has been going on for about 4 years now. And there is nothing i can seem to do right. I have tried all sprays and rollons, asked the doctors and they said d.w about it. But its just that excessive its annoying im freezing on the outside but on the inside im boiling. Its not just on a hot day it will be pooring and i will be sweating like crazy, aircon, hot day, upset, happy, normal, anything. Its rediculous.

So just to put it out there, if anyone knows anything let me know if not just saying i eat a heathy diet, and thin as anything on 19 and its been happpening since i was 15 and i cant stop it.
Ican't stand for any amount of time without dripping with sweat. I often feel sick to my stomach and today for the first time I felt a tightening in my chest on and off for a five min period.  I was working but doing no physical activity.  Yes, I am obese. I'm 50 yrs old and I was treated for breast cancer last year.  I've told my drs about sweating but they have nothing for me. The tightening  of the chest is new. My question:  What the hell is wrong with me?
FOR EXCESS HEAT AT NIGHT....EAT MIXED FRUITS SALAD AFTER DINNER....TO IMMEDIATELY COOL YOUR BODY EAT WHEN U GET UP AT NIGHT
FOR EXCESS HEAT AT NIGHT.
KEEP A BOWL OF CUT PIECES OF FRUIT SALAD(APPLE IS VERY GOOD ALONG WITH OTHER FRUITS) NEAR YOU WHEN U SLEEP...AND EAT IT WHEN U GET UP AT NIGHT....YOU CAN EAT IT AFTER DINNER FOR PEACEFUL SLEEP !
GOD BLESS
I have the exact same problem.  I sweat whenever my body temperature rises...just eating soup causes this.  Mostly sweating from the head/neck area.  After my shower, I feel like I need to get back in the shower.  I do have hypothyroidism, and on synthroid, but still have the problem.  I say that "my internal thermostat" is broken...lol.  It is embarrassing!  I keep my boyfriend warm too, but then I am so overly hot that I feel uncomfortable from sweating. And it interrupts my sleep.  I too am hoping to find some relief.
I suffer too from the sweating and have hypothyroidism, kidney problems, osteoarthritis.  I am 46 yrs, 155 lbs and have been dealing with these problems for about 10 years now. I
I am 35 and i am obese I get real cold before i go to sleep and about an hour laying in bed i get extremly hot and my feet fill like they are on fire and i have a fan pointed at my feet and a ceiling fan on high above my bed and i am hot all night long.  I dont sleep good i am constantly waking up because i am so hot.  I snore real bad.  I have NO energy to excerise i fill terribly because i am not sleeping.  
I used to have this problem, not only when i walking on the street, it's even worse when i sleeping at night. I have to change my bedsheet once every week!! But i found a solution now and i sleeping on this ucoolz mattress pad every night. My body never sweat ever since i'm using it even i didn't turn on air-con at night. So it's very amazing for me & i believe for people who has the same problem as mine. You can try! www.ucoolz.com
I hope it help others as well.
For me the combination of emotions, stress, diet and pre-menopause and wanting to go up one dress size from 6 to 8 (lack of fitness), and maybe an irregular heart beat (degeneration) have all contributed to this new condition.

In my past life, the one before I left a thriving successful marriage with two children, a perfect house, two perfect cars, a boat and pool and the Australian dream. I had no temperature problems and I was fitter. In fact I was mostly cold, and emotionally cold, this was a safe place to be as it protected my heart for many years.

The correlation of a number of factors that have impacted the change in my body temperature from the transition of a cold body temperature to overheating are likely to be, firstly, I went from a diet with no sweets to the reintroduction of sweets, secondly, I used to have no stress until an abundance of stress and worries entered my life, thirdly, I changed from being loveless to a normal and passionate and empathetic human being, forth, I wanted to put on weight as I felt I was too skinny and finally, reaching the age of pre menopause and maybe an irregular heart beat.

The trigger that mostly makes me feel hot occurs when I am thinking, studying, or working on the computer or when I am thinking about emotional issues. Whilst I am on the computer, I also want to eat all the time, I crave food particularly sweeties, as glucose provides the energy needed for the mind to think. I believe the side effect of thinking, is that it simulates exercise and as a consequence the body goes into heat up mode.

Thank you! Finally a post that might explain what the heck is wrong with me. I have been diagnosed with so many things over the years.  Lupus, Hashimoto's, Fibromyalgia, Raynaurd's Syndrome, etc. etc. Most of my life I have been too cold and had low blood pressure, but more recently, I have begun swinging back and forth from hot to cold, then hot then cold. It happens quickly and leaves me feeling quite sick. Your explanation about the iron deficiency makes such perfect sense. . . even why people associate the onset of symptoms with transfusions, and why the symptoms are similar to, and possibly associated, with the symptoms low thyriod. Wow! Thank you! BTW there are other conditions of the blood that may be of interest to you or other posters looking for answers. Hot and cold Agglutinin Disease may be worth a read for some of you. Anyway, I am quite certain that your thoughts about this being associated with the blood are quite correct! Thanks again.
i read all the comments last night looking for a possiable answer to my sudden hot flushes that have returned . I am 53 and have finished bleeding and becamed confussed why all of a sudden i have these horriable hot flushes .every 20 minutes which caused me to sweat to the point of becoming completely wet all over .. I read about low iron mmm interesting . My last Sippling had moved out 3 months ago so am now alone . so i have not been making the efford I used for  years ago with meals So it was a good chance my iron could be low . So today i started  to take Iron Tablets . first day for weeks that i only has 3 flushes . Wow it feels good to feel normal .  i now believe it was low iron levels that was the problem .Will keep you informed
This sounds like me too.  I can't take the heat in the summer but winter time I have no problem going out when it is freezing out side or even below unless there is a really cold cutting wind.  I have "a" coat that I rarely wear.
Did you ever find out what caused this? I suffer from this to. I have 4 fans on in my bedroom along with keeping the ac at 65 all night. Im losing my mind with this. I have read about it maybe being the thyroid.  Its affecting my life 100%. I get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep at a time if im lucky because i wake up from the heat, sometimes i've actuall gotten sick from it. Please let me know if you figured anything out.
i turned 40 this month(JUNE).  most of my life i can remember being cold-even in summer im cold as hecky.then,three years ago i began having heat radiating from my body but ill still be cold. my boyfriend cant hug me for long or he gets too hot.the strange thing is that to point a fan my way will make me cold.at night i have to sleep under a blanket bc im cold only my body is burning up.i dont sweat unless im being active but im ALWAYS giving off heat even in my sleep.im glad i found you guys bc im at a loss and would like to be found......
Drysil... I had all the same problems as you guys;.. It is a very cheap cream that you put on every night for the first week and then twice a week thereafter. My mother prescribed it for me, she is a CNP! Amazing... I love this cream! Couldnt ask for anything more than that!
I am so happy I found this forum.  I am 29 years old, and my "temperature problem," as my friends call it- has become too much to handle.  I travel for work, especially to third world countries where air conditioning is a commodity, and even when I am in cool air, I sweat excessively.  I have to constantly fan myself, wipe my face and neck off and be careful of the fabrics and colors that I wear.
It is utterly embarrassing to be meeting with executives and sweating so excessively.  I have had BOTOX, DRYSOL and IONIC shock wave devices to help with this.  Yet, I was only able to use those for my underarms.  I had to use the latter two products before my insurance company would cover BOTOX, and I had to explain over and over that this is not cosmetic, that it is hyperhydrosis.
Now that I have a new insurance company, they will not approve the BOTOX based on my prior history and I have to pay out of pocket ($1,200/treatment- lasts ~6 months) and submit for reimbursement.  Insurance companies are a whole other story, but with my travel, it is very difficult to get anything done in less than 2-3 months.
What I found most "inspiring" for me to look into this further with my Dr. is that most of you state that you are 50+ years old, and how it has been a lifelong struggle.  I now know that I have to address this immediately because it appears the symptoms are not going away any time soon.
I also have tried the DITROPAN, at a low dosage, which my dermatologist prescribed, and also helped with my overactive bladder, but it is only a temporary solution as I hope to not need to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life.
Thank you all for sharing, and I hope for a solution for all of us.  I find more and more that we as people are becoming increasingly responsible for doing our own medical research.

Kind Regards
Hi!im so glad I found this forum..like u I get overheated but no sweating..I'm seeing a doctor now(endocrinologist),and ask me to do some lab tests..still waiting for the result(vit d,t3,t4,urine,cbc,sodium,potassium,tsh,calcium,estradiol)
I'm 34 and all 3 doctors I've seen told me this is a sign of pre menopose..but really they don't give me answers that would content me..in fact one doctor told me that I'm lucky for not sweating!!!i don't see how she could say that to me when I explained to her how discomforting it is.I do sweat a lot before but not over sweating...I can't do anything normal now...if I started to move,in a few minutes I'll be feeling so hot and my whole body will turn red especially my face..it would be almost violet..I just hope that my condition wouldn't be like others on this post that even when they were just sitting..they would get overheated..I hope my endocrinologist would find solution or cure for this..

Sorry I'm not a bit of help guys..I'm still on the way of finding out what's happening to me..
I am so glad to find out I am not the only one with this problem. No one seems to believe me. I am miserable with heating up & sweating. It is definitely worse in the summer, or maybe I just like being warmer in the winter. It is interesting some mentioned sweating when going into a store. I do have low thyroid,, but am well replaced with both T3 & T4 meds. I had an early menopause many years ago. I am overweight & prediabetis & have sleep apnea. I have  many allergies & that is the connection I have made in store. I usually have an allergic reaction to the stuff in stores as well. When I mention it to my drs. they just look at me.. I also am on antidepressant meds so it is difficult to even guess the cause. All I know is it is the most uncomfortable problem I have. I would take pain anytime over the heating up...I am hoping there will be a breakthrough & hope one day someone on here will post the cause :)
I thought I was the only one.  This sounds exactly like me except that I am 60.  But I have been hot my entire life.  It just seems to be worse now that I am older.  It is NOT menopause.  I went through that already.  Actually it was better when I went throught it because I would get a hot flash and it would go away.  But now that it is over I am hot all the time.  I never wear sweatshirts or sweaters anymore.  As soon as I put one on I am instantly overheated.  Please post anything you find out and I wilkl do the same. Thanks
I thought I was the only one.  This sounds exactly like me except that I am 60.  But I have been hot my entire life.  It just seems to be worse now that I am older.  It is NOT menopause.  I went through that already.  Actually it was better when I went throught it because I would get a hot flash and it would go away.  But now that it is over I am hot all the time.  I never wear sweatshirts or sweaters anymore.  As soon as I put one on I am instantly overheated.I am also on synthroid, but does not help with this problem.  Please post anything you find out and I will do the same. Thanks
Inconceivable! Thank you for putting this on here. I don't feel so crazy now, as i've been called before by so many people. I just turned 32 and for about 8 years now i've been so uncomfortable due to my excessive body heat. My doc said 'oh don't worry it's just hormones'. Another one said I might even be getting menopause earlier than some women. Then I told him that i've had it since I was in my early 20s and retracted his comment. Oh geez, sometimes it's horrible! And it seems like every year it gets worse or something. Like right now, i'm at work, everyone else is fine, some people even have on light sweaters because the air conditioning is too cool. But me? I rest frozen water bottles on my cheeks, forehead and neck to cool me off as i'm fanning myself. It's only my face/neck/head, but I do not sweat. It drives me insane sometimes that I just want to tear off my shirt! I get so agitated then I start feeling nauseated because I can't stand myself. :(  Another doctor said it was my weight. I am overweight but my thyroid has been checked and it's normal. I live in a 1bedroom apartment, under 700sq feet and my light bill is always about 180.00 to 220.00 a month. I swear I think I was a polar bear in my previous life or something :(
-HoT In TX
I totally understand what your talking about!  I am turning 36 (yikes!) in March.  This past year has been crazy with my body temperature.  I have gotten tested twice regarding "menopause" as I am so sure that it what is happening to me.  I am overweight...have lost weight but, still cant manage to lose it all.  I get nauseated and dizzy as you stated as well.  My husband is always so shocked at how hot I am.  I have a constant fan on me or I am absolutely miserable and agitated.  I have had my thyroid tested twice and all is normal.  Not sure what is going on...it is very frustrating though.  Its funny though cause, Ive checked to see if I have a fever and my average body temp. is 96.7/97.6 range...any ideas?
Hi I am ajay
I am 48 and been perimenopausal for a few years, and periods I maybe have 2 or 3 a year, had the hot flushes years ago, and now, I am also HOT HOT all of the time almost... Noticed this more so this last week, and its quite exhausting, i feel this wave of deep body heat rush through me, up to my cheeks, and its lasts quite a while and fades then comes back, moreso when I have just done a chore or something, I feel like I need the AC on all the time, everyone moans they are cold and I am on fire in side my body... I had a menopausal blood test and was told I am deffo menopausal, OMG is there anything I can take for this, I dont want HRT as a family history of cancer with HRT we think... My Mums sisters had HRT and suffered breat cancer, my mum wouldnt take it and I promised I never would, Mums been fine without .. but I cant keep feeling this heat its so awful... Any suggestions...
I have the same problem. I am 62. I finished my periods about 15 years ago and this coincided with going to live in Spain. About 10 years ago I started to continually feel hot and clammy. Often when I was sitting thinking about things the heat and the sweat would  start dripping. I would have to get to a fan to cool down again. At night I would be drenched and felt as if my internal organs were burning up not an acidy feeling just overheating. The winters are better as I can manage the heat problems better and before this started I was always the cold one needing to warm my feet up on my husband in bed at night. Actually, just sitting here writing this has brought me out in a dripping hot sweat.
When this problem started I was also told that I had IBS - irritable bowel syndrome. I dont know if the 2 can be related. I have read that IBS can be brought on by alergy (allergy) to certain foods. My diet certainly changed when I came to Spain - much more fruit and more bread and less potatoes. I drink lots of tea but then again I always have.

The more I read your comments I think that it may be alergy (allergy) related. I think I might try iron supplements and also to cut down on bread as it could be a wheat alergy (allergy) that causes my IBS and in turn causes inflamation (inflammation) and therefore high body temperatures

Thanks for your comments ---Janet
We really need to make the medical profession heed our complaints.  This is hell on earth.  I've just read every comment; all medications and foods mentioned are not necessarily the cause of this intensely, excessive body heat. I finished menopause at age 45, started burning up in my fifties and now in my 70s nothing has changed. Depriving oneself of Caffeine and sugar is redundant. I started taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin in my fifties only because the older one gets the more joint pain becomes prevalent (now they've added Omega-3). I'm not on any medication and still don't have joint pain.  So, it's obvious none of the 78 comments causes this real curse so let's write directly to heads of the medical profession.
I did't read through ALL of the posts, but a good number of them...  Someone MAY have talked about this already, but I did not see it.

I have heat issues too.  Years ago I became SOOO desperate that I tore the internet apart looking for SOMETHING to help.  First, I came across Wilson's Syndrome - NOT Wilson's Disease (that has to do with copper)...  It is controversial and many claim it doesn't even exist.  All I can say is I experience 1/2 to 3/4 of the long list of symptoms.  One of the first indicators is your body temp runs below the normal 98.6... it is related to your thyroid, but thyroid tests may come back normal, as it has to do with the processing TO T3, not a lack of T4... so something like Cytomel may help... BUT... in addition...

ANYHOW... I talked to a Dr. about all my symptoms and he put all the pieces together instead of just treating each symptom individually and said he thought I may have a pituitary problem.  An MRI revealed I DO have a small adenoma on my pituitary gland.  They say it is 'too small' to even bother treating.  My logic is, if I have ALL the symptoms and problems - why does the size matter - I just want some relief!  From what I have read, many more people have pituitary problems that go undiagnosed... kinda like I said because the whole puzzle was never put together.  Hopefully this info helps SOMEBODY out there...
I do not have this issue, I'm usually cold all the time.  But the guy I am seeing at this time has this issue.  Burns up so bad at night that even I can get sweaty!  The other night I had to change my nightgown from it being wet from his full body perspiration.  I have to be honest, my concern is I wonder if he can get so hot as to spontaneously combust.  Is spontaneous combustion real?  I have read articles on people doing that but not sure if its for real or not.
Have this issue too. I had this after a extensive amount of steroids.
This has been 10 years ago and recently I had been on a herbal to
help with what I thought symptoms of low adrenal and now I have this again with heat and sweat and body heating up from waist up.The funny thing is that I have had the same thing but sometimes the opposite. It feels like your body temp is really low and you feel froze inside but not outside, if that makes since. I think it might have something to do with the pituitary also.
I am not  promoting myself but only sharing a story.  I have a friend that is a 52 year old female and she has a major problem, so I wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same and/or has a solution. My friend burns up with heat on the inside of her body (from head to toe). She says its like having a constant huge fire burning from within and continues 24/7. In addition, she has not been able to sweat at all for over a year. She started HRT a month ago and her levels are now where they should be, but because of the constant burning she cannot enjoy even a single day of her life. She tells me that she cannot live this way and doesn't understand why God won't help her or take her life from her. No, her problem is not caused by Menopause.
I am a hypnotherapist and had the opportunity to work with my friend during the time she was burning up with heat . To make a long story short, when the hypnosis session was over, she had no heat. I also did the same thing for her over the phone, yes I said over the phone and in the middle of the session she had to put a blanket over her. So I think this problem might come from a pinched nerve perhaps in the base of her neck. Also I will also add that soaking her feet in cool water for 20 minutes also took  the heat away. Nerve ending are found in the bottom of the feet. Hope this helps.
Im kind of scared now. Ive always been overheated, i radiated heat as a child and still do in my late teens. I wake up in the middle of the night so warm i sometimes have to go wash my face and neck, and drink ice cold water. My siblings dont exactly understand it. I have to sleep half naked, and NEVER with socks on. and if my sister turns the heat up i throw a conniption lol. I sweat kind of a lot. At odd times too. I have bad anxiety. And my mother had graves disease and had to have her thyroid removed. So. Please someone could you please shed some more insight. This stupid anxiety is going to get the best of me. Lol. Is it possible to have graves at 18??? Or am i showing early symptoms....is it preventable? Anyone have any personal experiences with graves? Id ask my mother but that was a really hard time in her life and i dont really want to bother her about it.
As I read this, I am crying my eyes out. I did not know so many people had the same problem and that NONE of us are treated fairly by doctors. Because we are women, the most common response from doctors is, "well, it must have something to do with your hormones." I won't even justify this lazy diagnosis with an answer - but doctors have no idea what they are talking about! If this happened overwhelmingly to MEN, we would have 100 treatments for it by now. But, because it's primarily a "woman's problem", it is swept behind the door. And, like me, that's where we remain.

I am so disabled by this that I have not gone outside or been around other people (other than my husband) for more than a decade. People stare. People say things. Children point at me.

My body overheats for no reason. I flush so brightly that it scares people, I perspire so heavily that it looks like I've just walked out of the rain. My hair is plastered to my head and my face, neck, and chest stream with water. It moves down my back and ends up behind my knees. This is me, and has been for far too long:

* it starts in my hairline- I feel heat beginning to build
* water streams down my neck, behind my ears, from my temples, down my cheeks, down my neck, and across my chest. my arms and hands are dry,
* i flush so brightly that it makes people stare. they get frightened for me
* i am so hot that I radiate heat. people can feel the heat without touching me
* my hair becomes so soaked, it's plastered to my head as if I had just gone swimming. It will not dry, either! I can sit under a hair dryer forever and my head keeps sweating
* the heat from my head makes water steam
* I can get hot and sweaty in a COOL SHOWER!
* after I take a shower, I get hot and have to wait at least 30 minutes before I can get dressed
* after I get dressed, I get hot and wet again. I have to rest for 30-60 minutes before I can cool down
* as soon as I get up and walk across the room, the heat and wet starts all over
* if I put on a sweater or a coat or a hat, the heat and sweating starts
* if I try to cook something at the stove - watch out!! I become a human volcano of heat and water

I often think of killing myself. I can't go out. I can't work. And I can't get disability because the doctors "can't find anything wrong" with me. No one care to find an answer. I'm tired of being treated with scorn. I'm tired of trying to convince doctors that this is NOT NORMAL. I'm tired. I'm tired of it all. I just want to die.

I truly wish that something big would be found at my autopsy and then, from above, I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I know this is an old post, but have you been checked for sleep apnea? I didn't sleep well and would wake up soaking wet with my head under an open window in the middle of winter in Maine. My hair would be soaking/dripping wet. I could not stay awake during the day either and found out I had sleep apnea. worth checking out.
hi there,
this is smk from india.
recently i got married my childhood friend, but she is a caeserian born.
she had a normally over heated, when in fever the body have like a fire.
how to reduce heat of the body.
Eesh. don't kill yourself now. I'm going through something similarly. I won't say the "same" since I have no idea what you go through. My body overheats constantly, I sweat just from walking across the room, and I get overheated just sitting on a cold floor. It's horrendous. Had my thyroid checked, nothing. Twice actually... I'm pretty convinced that it's my anti-depressants. I take 75mg of Effexor XR. One of the side effects is sweating, but there don't seem to be any recorded side effects for overheating. My temperature is always normal, my doctor says my blood results all check out, and I can't seem to explain it at all. It's horrible during the summer in NYC, because it's ridiculously humid, so it hits me even worse. Still boggles my mind, but I'm still pretty convinced it's the antidepressants... additionally, fast heart rate, pre-hypertension blood pressure, and I'm 26. I'm sweating just typing this up right now. -- one hint, clinical strength deodorant/antipersperant. Just rub it on everywhere.
I just turned 19 last month. Lately my body had been getting hot, especially at night. I sit in front of the fan, drink cold water, and i can't stand to have clothes on cause i get really hot. I've been getting these headaches to. I haven't went to the doctor.
There is a form of Tibetan meditation called "tummo". The monks in Tibet are able to lower or raise their core temperatures simply by thought. The researcher Dr. Herbert Benson conducted many studies on this form of meditation and found that the monks could lower their basal temperatures to extremely low degrees as well as raise them to very high numbers with only beneficial effects on the body.

So for those who are experiencing body temps that are too high, try meditation. Imagine your body cooling down in your core for about 10-20 minutes daily and you'll find that you can do this. Only in the West do we believe we are slaves to our physiology. For those with too low temps, (me), I use Tummo to keep myself at a comfortable warmth. My temps have dropped and I've noticed weight gain and that I'm cold all the time so I use Tummo meditation to raise my temps and it is working wonderfully. Feel free to google "tummo" or "g-tummo" to find out more.
I have Lupus, severe RA, and Parkinsons. I have times during the day when I have such bad hot flashes that it looks like I just ran through a sprinkler and the sweat just poors down my face and body while I am watching tv, not moving at all. If there is anyone out there that can tell me how to manage this, please help me.
going to do the same - I went for the digital thermometer, and it registered 36.6 C only - i'm usually have an average low body temp.
been suffering 4 and hlf years. just turned 59. NOT menopause.
will try caffeine - hard. drink it!
moved here and this started. drank caffeine before..
had something similar years ago-lonf=g before menop. hot on my arms.
I am thinking sick building syndrome??? someings toxic inside effecting me/
my father died of cancer age 56,so concern.
feel ill in this place, exhausted and air 'stagnant' though I open window, doors every day!
once windows closed, especially at night - gets awful.  Same symptoms all year round.
comments?
ps - thyroid checked already - no positive results
Try Armour, it's a pig thyroid.  I was on Synthroid and all the other thyroid meds. And my thyroid doc laughed at the idea, so I went to my general doc, and she prescribed it. I was amazed how my body tempture was normal.  I'm only on 60mg for about the pass year and I'm starting to get hot again so I'm going to see if the doc will encrease the dose some.  Good luck, this is my first post ever and I hope it will help at least 1 person, if not more.  PS:  My thyroid doc was unwilling to think outside of the box, and I was affraid to look elsewhere after being with her for more than 3 years, but taking that step has made myself and my family happy.  Might want to start with general doc first, if your thyroid doctor is opposed.
First... like wow. I haven't been using medhelp for that long, but this is a really long thread. By the way, I'm a guy here. I haven't read all of the posts yet (uhh.. so many), but I saw that symptoms such as flushing and becoming overheated were common.

From what I read from medhelp, other places, and the fact that I currently have hypohidrosis(lack of sweating), it's very close to complete anhidrosis(completely no sweating) at the moment.... these symptoms are also mentioned with these two heat illnesses.

So what I'm wondering, and I'm sure there's different situations for all the people who have posted here so far, is do you suffer from hyperhidrosis (too much sweating) or is it actually hypohidrosis? When I used to sweat I would notice that parts of my body would be drenched in sweat, while others would be completely dry. Apparently, if someone has hypohidrosis or for whatever reason(peripheral neuropathy, etc.) doesn't sweat in certain areas... other parts of your body sweat excessively to try and compensate for this. Your body still tries to cool itself down... of course this doesn't mean it will.

This is kind of my own theory, but it seems to make sense. Perhaps it may fit into someone's situation here.

Oh and I don't know if this will help as much for those of you claiming to have hyperhidrosis, as I said before I have anhidrosis.... but maybe...
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266427.php
This has a lot of information about mostly anhidrosis, but also hypohidrosis. Near the bottom of the page you will find tests and procedures for sweating.

I hope this helps everyone. If anyone wants more details on my internet research or about what's in the link, post or message me.
You said that it was weird that you became hot and didn't sweat, might want to see my post above this one on hypohidrosis/anhidrosis.
i have the same probelm, it *****. My bf wont cuddle me because I am always so hot. I don't have any health problems that i know of either.