Excessive swelling of ankles,feet and legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have had excessive feet and ankle swelling to the point that the skin is reallly shiny and feels like so much pressure that they could burst.  In the last couple of days it has creeped up my legs and is painful.  Last time I went to the dr like this she said I wasnt retaining fluids and couldn't find anything wrong.
did the dr give u any pills that make u go to the bathroom alot they r suppose to help releave preasure also elavate ur leg with a few pellows or a blanket i have a swollen leg my self had it since i was about 16 and now im 26 but i have cellulitus the dr told me i dnt lyk it but if it trys to swell any more then it is im usualy in bed for the day until it goes down...if that dr says there is nothin wrong find another dr...hope u get better soon