Exteremly swollen Vagina after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-220 comments:
I been swelling for bout a week now, at first there was no pain thn the 4 day I got scared n went to the hospital. I do have herpes n I was thinkin maybe it was an outbreak but it wasn't. If ur having swelling, burning, irrtation and/or discharge it could b (BV) bacterial vaginitis wit is a bacterial yeast infection. U could get it from many thing like douche, soap n especially sex. New partner r many partners u should really see a doctor. Then when u get ur medicine make sure to take as the doctor says on a full stomach (I had to learn the hard way) n the things ur doctor don't tell u like, take the pain medicine first the apply the cream they give u foot fungus cream n then apply the ice pack. Keep ur hips n legs elevated as much as possible to slow the blood flow from makin it more swollen. They also I've u antibiotics. The pain well go away bt its not a fast process. But PLZ see a doctor if the pain causes any discomfort. Also wear tight fitting underwear with a maxi pad to keep it tight the more discharge that comes means ur getting better
ii've had sex before nd afterwards iit would be swollen only for a couple of days ,, but this last tiime iitz been two weeks and it burns going to the doctors tomorrow ii hope nothing is wrong :(
idk wtf this is. ive pretty much read that alot of ppl have the same issue as me, the swelling, but theres burning involved to. sex pretty much just *****. been with my bf for 3 years, havnt changed anything, dont use condoms so its not an allergic reaction. i pretty much just gave up on having sex.....
my lip are swollen and itches. what should i do. i  didnt use condon
Me nd my boyfriend just had sex and now my vagina seems to be swollen and hurts to the touch. Could it be from when he was fingering me one of his nails cut me.? Is that a possible to get swelling?? Or is it from something else.?  
I had sex with my boyfriend 2 Wednesday's ago & a couple days ago my vagina got veryy itchy & what not . Now it's like swollen , itchy and uncomfortable . What could this mean ? & what can I do to make it go away .
When you engage in oral sex where your partner is applying constant suction to your inner lips and clitoris swelling will occur.  This is because the blood is filling up the area causing the hyper sensitivity.  Its the same concept when a man is getting oral you can often feel him growing inside of your mouth this is attributed to the blood flow.  During the sex if you start to feel more tender than normal give your man some directions; like hey baby lick me don't suck
me the pressure is too much.  A guy likes to hear that he has pushed you to  the wall, and at the same time you can return to enjoying and being less uncomfortable.  Also stimulate yourself while he is inside of you if you start to feel dry and lubricant is not readily available this will ensure don't feel any discomfort just slip ans slide.  I hope this helps
Me and my bf dnt use a condom so i know its. Not latex but mine swells not jist the lips but the whole like if we go to have sex a second time during the night it hurts when he first goes in goes its so swollen just wanna make sure everything is normal there no burning no rash jist swelling and it never happened with anyother guy just him???
I am 46 (!) and in a sexual relationship for the first time in 7 years!  My boyfriend had amazing endurance last night and for the first time since my honeymoon I woke up with a swollen, aching vagina.  I remember my gyno warning my of this before my wedding.  Too much sex or sex that is a little rough can do this.  Give your body a rest for a couple days.  Ibuprofen helps relieve swelling and pain.
Im a virgin and me and my bf havnt had sex. i let him finger me yesterday for the first time. he was kinda rough and it hurt a bit but also felt good.after we finished i went to use the restroom and there was blood then in the morning i was swollen and its very painful to use the restroom. Is this normal?
its possible you may be reacting to the type of condom your possibly using but swelling is normal if the intercourse is for a while.. but should not last more then two hours normally
i'm sixteen years old and have been sexually active for over a year now. two days ago this guy gave me what was probably the worst oral sex i've ever recieved, he kept sucking and it was really painful. i started getting itchy down there the night after and now my lambia has swollen to an unrecognizable size! it's really hard and painful and hurts to walk or sit down. i've been sore before but never like this, i just want some advice to get the swelling down asap, i read the dettol bath suggestion earlier but am a bit worried about trying that, does it actually work?
help me pleaseeeeeeee!
Mine is swollen like the Oranqe. I jus had sex a couple hrs aqo I've had ice on it 4 almost 2 hrs now. Itz not condoms cuz we ddnt use 1. I'm scared & idk wat 2 do.
I have the same problem. Actually its become quite frequent. I dont have any burning or itching, but the swelling is so bad that it looks like i have four lips insted of two. Its also a little uncomfortable to sit, walk, or even wear panties. I don't uses condoms or lubrications. Its very embarassing for my boyfriends to see that especially when he's in the mood to keep going. So far i haven't found a remedy... and it usually takes about two days to go away! But i've learned that by taking benedryl it goes away much faster.
I had sex too and my vagina swelled so i iced it After the swellin for me mines went back to normal but I seen blood nd it's not my period nd when I wipe myself suffin cums out( not to be nasty) nd idk wht it is.. Like it look like a small cherry thing. Nd I still have pain and it's my second day
It happen to me with out a condom I think it normal And mostly come from to mush sex or for to long
I'm not a virgin and i have had swelling down there after sex before it usually happens to me when we haven't had sex for a few weeks and we just jump into it without any for-play. It also only happens if we don't use a condom, and we have never used lube and we have been having sex for over a year now and it just started happening like two months ago, but it goes away the next day.
hi..
i have sex with my ex lots of time without condom..
then i got brok up:(
nw with my current bf also i had sex lots of time without condom.he is having big one..
now i am going to marry with third person.wht exercise or anything shud i do for hiding this from third one??(means how to reduce my size of hole??)
PLZ HELP ME.....!!
hi..
then i got brok up:(
PLZ HELP ME.....!!
im having the same problem! do you have any tips?
My husband and I had sex about an hour ago and my vagina lips were swollen so I took a hot bath to maybe soothe it and it worked, the swelling went down and I also put about 2 cups of epsum salt in the tub..
I had sex with my ex boyfriend last night&had huge swelling of the vagina, I need to know what to do&wether its anything to worry about?
ok me and my boyfriend have been having sex for about a year now and the swelling has been happening a lot and im not worried about it i just want to knowwhy?? i dont ue condoms and i dont use lube so it isnt an allergic reactions its not a lube issue and there are NO std's involved.. it always goes away. i usually just ice in and sit on  the toilet( just sit) it always feels better when i sit,,,but anyways! can anyone inform me why i havr this?
i also noticed d same thing yesterday n i was scared but now am relaxed. just take ur time everything will return to normal
no a full blown uti only heals with medication
i recemtly had this happen to me. last night my boyfriend and i had intercourse and afterwards my inner left lip was extremely swollen i couldnt even walk right. i slept with a cold cloth on it over night and when i woke up iot was still swollen. we have been having sex for 5 years now and we dont use condoms. i also produced plenty of my own lubrication and this is the first itme it has ever happened. i honestly have no idea what to do.
my wife vagina walls are swollen as well as my clitorius after haveing sex it do not itching’s what can I do? is it me or is is the size of my penis ?
  My vagina was swollen and a little sore the first few times I had sex with my present boyfriend, (not my first partner), but has since gotten better.   Maybe if you take it a little slower-?
I didn't swell up the first time i did it and it was very rough. We used a condom and everything, but I haven't had a time were I didn't swell up after the 6th time I did it. But I have a hard time getting wet, maybe thats it.
I just had sex last night and I had swollen lips and I had to sit there for a while and wait for it to go down and he still wasn't done, I let him eat me out and the swelling went down. My vagina does this a lot though, I think it's because I can't get wet easily or enough so I just need to buy lube. I think.
hi im 17 and i recently had sex wiv my bf but i havent had sex for 2 months and ive never had rough sex or had sex for a long period of time before. and about an hour after we had sex it really hurt to sit down and it stung when i went for a pee and then the next day i went in the bath and noticed that my vagina was really swollen and it was still sore and it was really itchy.

what could it be im really worried if any one can give me an answer i would be very greatful x
you should be very worried!!! she had vaginefris deodoriumitis a rare form of a very diseased and gangrenous vagina. you should get checked. soon your penis will shrivel and drop off and all you will have left are two little nutts.

Dr. Mordlock
Any kind of sex, protected or unprotected causes bacteria in the vagina. It has been recommended that girls pee within 10 minutes after having sex. Your girl friend could simply be suffering from a yeast infection. She should go to a doctor just to be sure, but over the counter monistat should do the trick.
I had sex last night. My vagina was swollen and it hurts to go to the restroom. And I had an extra lip down there if you know what I mean. I was wondering if there anything I could do to make this stop? And is it serious? This has happen to me more then once.
An allergy to the latex is very common an you can get non latex condoms quite easily. Also having sex when you (female) are not wet enought can cause friction within the vagina  which can make you swell up. Also if you have a yeast infection even a small to mild one and have sex this causes the vaginal lining to become irritated and can also cause swelling!

Good luck ladies :-)
I've recently had unprotected sex, and when I woke up in the morning I had swollen downstairs. It feels uncomfortable and is extremely itchy. I got worried about it, found this blog and then did research, turns out it is a yeast infection, which isn't difficult to treat..

So for those of you who are worried about it being something major, don't let some posts from people scare you, just go to see your doctor if you're really worried, self diagnosis is the worst thing to do..

Good luck sorting you're downstairs problems out.
I just had sex for the first time and my vigina (vagina) is swollen too. I used a condum. Ill put ice on it but if im allergic to latex is there any pills i can take to make the swelling go away?
My boyfriend and I just recently had sex for the first time. He tried to stick it in once but I wasn't wet enough so he kinda went down on my and licked down there some to help. It was really painful for me and now I am swollen down there. Is that normal?  What's wrong with me? What can I do to help it?
Take it easy on the sex stop it for three to five days sleep makes the pain go away a little bit I am a boy my hmmm was as big around as a half dollar and I am twelve I learned not to pee off the front porch because I got bit on my hmm by a bug or mesguito
Hey everytime I have sex my fanny swells up and I don't know whyy it keeps coming bck and have the time it just happens wen we do four play what do I do it makes me feel UN confortable :/
that sounds like herpes. i know this for a fact
u have herps look it up sorry to tell you but ya get it looked at by a doc
Hi, my boyfriend just snuck over and we have really rough sex in many different positions and my lips are very swollen. This is the second time it has happened, but the first time was not bear as bad. It might be gross, but I don't know what it's from. I didn't use a condom so it's not an allergic reaction.
meera25
u got any reply for how to reduce the hole size??
plz tell me too...i also need advice on it...!
plz reply asap
Yea my boyfriend juss finish eating me out and he was sucking my clit to hard and we had sex it's really swollen down there so i took a hot shower nd im about to put ice on it
Me and my partner had sex the other night and didn't us a condom and I was very very swollen within a hour after .. not to go into to much detail but it was like a pair between my legs and it really heart to touch and to walk so I left it for a day and I was still swollen, and after reading some of your comments I used a cold wet flannel with ice in and put down there for a couple of hour's and it really did work so me and my partner had sexual contact last night and everything seems to be fine so my advice to anyone to reads this something cool will really help you out  
The guy I'm with, I had great rough sex today! It was AMAZING! The best yet! Now my vagina is huge! Only time it hurts, it's when my underwear touches it. My insides are out! I never had this happen. But again, best sex ever! Lol
Viewing 201-220 comments: