WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Exteremly swollen Vagina after sex
by myquestions2, May 21, 2006
My boyfriend and i had sex last night and immediately after my vaginal lips became extremely swollen on the left side..i woke up this morning and they are still very swollen..My question is, is this normal?? And when do i expect the swelling to go away..and this was my first time having sex so can that play a factor in this or could it be that i might be allergic to the latex???
Member Comments (217)
by bostongirl56, May 21, 2006
it happens to me a lot. i think you should only be worried if its burning or itching or painful. swelling is pretty normal as far as i know.
by oceans3, May 21, 2006
well...its really not that normal or most people would not enjoy sex if after each time the ole crotch was burning and swelling. put an ice pack down there to help with the swelling. i also thought an allergic reaction to the latex. that is common! dont let the condoms disuade you from unprotected sex. they have condoms out there that do not irritate. try those and see what happens.
by myquestions2, May 21, 2006
yeah well my boyfriend thinks it might be the latex too, so im going to wait to see if the swelling goes down and if it dosent its off to the doc's for me.
by zaaira, May 21, 2006
I thought swelling was normal as well you have irritated your lips by ruff sex. and it could be an allergic reaction.
by oceans3, May 21, 2006
did you put ice on it? do you have any unusual discharge? i would honestly still tend to think its an allergic reaction to the latex. try the ice. if you are still having problems in a couple days call your dr.
by myquestions2, May 21, 2006
well..its still very swollen and now it hurts to touch..could this be an infection?
by myquestions2, May 22, 2006
No..i havent actually..will that really work??? its like exteremely swollen..i dont want to get to visual but you know when you peel an orange and they have the lil oranges you peel off one another...well its that big to give you all an idea..is swelling this big normal? i would assume not..im trying to get to the plan parenthood tomorrow.
by oceans3, May 22, 2006
YOO HOO.....ice pack! just try it. it beats complaining and suffering at this point until you get to the dr. you could have tried it by now and at least feel some relief. and YES, i have heard this to work.
by allure7, May 27, 2006
last night i had rough sex with my bf, after we were done i noticed that my vagina was very swollen, not to be gross but it looked like a had for lips instead of two, the swelling has yet to go down, i am scared what should i do?