Exteremly swollen Vagina after sex
My boyfriend and i had sex last night and immediately after my vaginal lips became extremely swollen on the left side..i woke up this morning and they are still very swollen..My question is, is this normal?? And when do i expect the swelling to go away..and this was my first time having sex so can that play a factor in this or could it be that i might be allergic to the latex???
it happens to me a lot. i think you should only be worried if its burning or itching or painful. swelling is pretty normal as far as i know.
well...its really not that normal or most people would not enjoy sex if after each time the ole crotch was burning and swelling. put an ice pack down there to help with the swelling. i also thought an allergic reaction to the latex. that is common! dont let the condoms disuade you from unprotected sex. they have condoms out there that do not irritate. try those and see what happens.
yeah well my boyfriend thinks it might be the latex too, so im going to wait to see if the swelling goes down and if it dosent its off to the doc's for me.
I thought swelling was normal as well you have irritated your lips by ruff sex. and it could be an allergic reaction.
well..its still very swollen and now it hurts to touch..could this be an infection?
did you put ice on it? do you have any unusual discharge? i would honestly still tend to think its an allergic reaction to the latex. try the ice. if you are still having problems in a couple days call your dr.
No..i havent actually..will that really work??? its like exteremely swollen..i dont want to get to visual but you know when you peel an orange and they have the lil oranges you peel off one another...well its that big to give you all an idea..is swelling this big normal? i would assume not..im trying to get to the plan parenthood tomorrow.
YOO HOO.....ice pack! just try it. it beats complaining and suffering at this point until you get to the dr. you could have tried it by now and at least feel some relief. and YES, i have heard this to work.
last night i had rough sex with my bf, after we were done i noticed that my vagina was very swollen, not to be gross but it looked like a had for lips instead of two, the swelling has yet to go down, i am scared what should i do?
i just had sex about 2 hours ago and i have the same symptoms.. my inner lips on one side are VERY swollen and it was so painful to pee, but it doesn't itch. im kinda worried i dont know what to do so i searched google and found this place... i've had sex alot before and my vagina has never gotten this swollen, even my boyfriend was shocked. should i be worried? should i go to a doctor?? what can i do to make it go away and also prevent it from happening again? and i know its not a latex allergy because we don't use condoms.
I also didn't use condom and its been swollen for like 3 days now
what are you girls doing during sex? lol im 35 and (uhem) have had my share of sex and never have i had this happen.  are you getting enough lube if you dont produce it yourself?? listen to the wise one oceans.  
I just had this happen too. I've had sex before but i used a different brand condom the past two times. Yesterday things got very swollen down there but i figured it was just because ...*ahem* it was a little rough...then like an idiot i just had sex an hour ago and wouldn't you know it, it's very very swollen. Much like the orange peel reference from above. Obvioulsy i'm thinking it's the new condoms...but don't all latex condoms contain the same things? lube and spermicide are the only things they have right? ....and i've used condoms like that before so i don't get it!

p.s. Sorry for the details but....the sex wasn't dry...so lube wasn't the problem.
You can develop an alergic reaction to anything. Just because you were able to use a product before doesn't mean you can't become allergic to it.  Also, it is never wise to have sex when you are having any sort of discomfort.  It will only make matters worse no matter what the cause.
I had sex a few days ago and my lips are very swollen also and its kind of itching like a yeast infection, what could that be? Its not condoms because me and my boyfriend dont use condoms. It doesnt hurt to pee or nothing but it does hurt to touch it or when i walk or try to sit or lay down. Im real scared and nervous, does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
i get swollen after sometimes when im not really aroused yer still have sex. my vagina looks all red and stings. think its just to do with ruogh sex and becomes swollen when you wern't really aroused enough for it. Aso it happens and i don't use condoms. But its nothing like an sti. it only happens when im not reeally up for it!
i had sex 2 nights ago and it started to swell up and it hurt to have sex. the swelling went down but it still hurts a little bit. and i know its not a reaction b/c we did not use a condom. i don't know what i should do and i am really worried about it.
my boyfriend and i have sex alot and this is just now happening to me too. we dont use lube or a condom so its not an allergy. one lip is incredibly big, so much that i cant close my legs without discomfort. it hurts EXTREMELY bad to use the restroom. help please, is this normal? i also just got over a yeast infection, so it might have something to do with that.
im having the same problem, i googled it and found this page, it seems that it's just the solution of not being aroused or just not having lubrication, just put an ice pack on it and not have sex for  about 2 or 3 days
if by then the problem hasn't gone away then go to the doctors
but i wouldn't think of it as a big deal until then.
I guess this isn't the best place for me to come read random postings. My boyfriend and I are talking about having sex and I'm scared as it is. Does this kind of thing always happen? I'm a virgin to all extremes, last week was the first time i've even had my pants off in front of a guy. Since I've never had sex before do you think it's more likely the swelling will occur?
i had sex when i wasn't lubricated enough and started to bleed - like a week ago.nothing big just a few drops (i am NOT a virgin) but when i tried again right now it hurt like crazy to have sex... why? IS THAT NORMAL?!
this type of thing does NOT always happen. it can happen for many different reasons such as allergy to latex, not enough lubrication, or just rough sex. it has not happened to me and i have had my share of sex. do not worry about this, just make sure that youre ready to have sex before you do it. how old are you?
oooook, the swelling and the hurting to pee and the bleeding i have all experienced. it might not be the same, but my doctor advised me to use more lubricant. also, im not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with it, but the width of your guys penis miiight have something to do with it .....
I'm 20 and my boyfriend is just a few months younger. We tried last night to actually have sex and it hurt so bad that i made him stop and felt terrible about it. I knew it was going to hurt but I didn't know it was such an intense pain. Friend have told me it hurts the first couple times he pushes but it definitely was not getting any better. We tried just putting it in and waiting then a little further and i thought it was getting better but it definitely didn't. How many times do you guys think it will be like that? I know it's different for everyone but any advice is greatly appreciated.
My vagina has swelled a few times after me and my boyfriend had sex but only when we use codoms what does this mean???
can anyone answer me???
sometimes my vagina itches n irritates a lot, i can't leave it itching. but after sometimes i find it swollen outside n the lips of it gets so thick that as if a wound has come inside...i am afraid if it gets worse. but now i am married n running 24. n this irritation has gone down compared to my earlier life wen m not married. my question is,,, since we want to plan for a baby, do you feel that, we will be able to make it?? or do i need to consult doctor before we plan for it? thank you.  
Your probably allergic to the condoms your using.. try another brand.. it might help..:)
well im currently single and i recently got a new vibrator it all seemed well and normal but the last few days  ive swelled up after use. But the swelling only lasts a little while and completely goes away. Im sure this is probably normal but it never used 2 happen and well i would like to know if it will stop happening eventually or how long it is most likely to occur for
Ok, so my boyfriend and i always have long sex sessions and last week i was sort of dry and we kept on going and it sort of burned but it also felt so good so we didn't stop. It's been a few days and yesterday my vagina slightly itched,  but it didn't seem like something too strange, although i wondered. Today we had sex again, about 20 minutes non stop and it really started burning and afterwards my inner lips and all around the hole it totally swelled up. The last time this happened to me I was 16 (i'm now 41) and I had sex all night. I hope it never happens again. Does anyone know why it happens??
i forgot to say that this time as well as when I was 16, we didn't use a condom, so it has nothing to do with that, at least in my case.
I have Vaginal swelling but its not from sex.I got it 2 days before my period was over.Can anyone give me some advise for this? It dont burn or itch when i use the restroom.But it is very irritating.
i recentli had sex with my boyfriend and i am having unusual discharge and my vagina is swollen. my boyfriend has got a rash on his penis. is this an sti?
everytime i have sex i swell up not long after, it happens when i use condoms n it happens when i dont, i thought it might be because i have rough sex but even when i dont it happens, it takes at least 2 days to go down n i hate when i have sex again coz its still really sore, n when i did have a boyfriend he didnt understand. its obvious this is common but no one can provide us with any answers
i have test ive been to see my gyno n doctor and they cant provide any answers. i have no problem with producing lub or even usingthe stuff, i think im just allergic to sex
I have the same very swollen vaginal lips, after sex, and burning. It seems to get hard and be in the shape of a ball on the right side and the left labia gets hard. Its also swollen and full of fluid in the loose skin on the lower end of the vaginal opening. I describe it as feeling like you have a blister. It stings and burns. I have had this happen 3-4 times since dating my bf. This is the first guy its ever happened with. The first time was scary. My vagina was huge, clit huge, libia huge, I was shocked at this thing protruding from my legs. Funny thing is I didnt even feel any pain during the sex the first time. It just was numb. He was the one that noticed/sensed that I was swollen. I called my gyno in the morning she said it probably new condom, spermicide, or trauma of sex. It wasnt particularly rough, although there was one point where he pulled out to far and went back in kinda  hard and unexpected, but i fealt no pain...but i guess i was numb. Plus we used same condoms I always used. I soaked in tub for a while this did not help at all. It took 2 days to go down. Doc said if it went down on its own not to worry.  So next gyno appt a couple months after that I was tested for all kinds of STD's  and nothing. Since then its happened on a much lesser scale a few times. This time was the first time it was painful during intercouse....pretty much from the get go. It was stingy and I could feel like rug burn....prickly hairs cause he shaves and had just shaved a few hours before. I had just also put lotion on my legs...as i do every night but put more on b/c of a recent sun tan. My feeling is that the prickly hairs and lotion irritated my skin (no condom use- we live together now) . Also what was different this time was that I started out on top...whereas he usu goes down on my first then he's on top then me. Weird thing is i have kinda felt a bladder infection kinda coming on. Since i woke up the other day feeling like a bothersome gotta pee feeling, but very suttle. I just drank cranberry and it went away. Ive had a uti once before and was totally a strong gotta pee feeling with just a drop of pee coming out. This seems like maybe the onset. So I figure id drink more water and it would go away. Is it necessary to get antibiotics if it seems to go away? So anyway my point is that just before sex yesterday i said to him that i gotta drink more water. Not because it burned but because after peeing i kinda felt that i still gotta pee feeling for a little while. So anyway this time it was burning and stinging during sex and i kept going cause i was almost there. Finally i just had to quit cause it burned so bad and it felt like sand paper on my clit. I let him finish even though it was stingy... After that it felt like fluid filled in labia and burned. I showered until it stopped stinging then peed and it burned. But went away and I went to bed. Still feels really sensitive today and undies irritate it. I just dont get whats going on here. Is it a bladder infection or razor burn or lotion allergy. I always shower and pee after sex and have had way rougher sex.  The first time we were going for a loooong time and made sense but this time it was slow and not rough at all... I read about the Bartholin's gland cyst and figured it was this and wasnt a problem since it went down on its own. By why is this suddenly happening so often. Is it a yeast or other infection and if so is it possible that the gyno would not have found that i had a uti after all her tests unless she was specifically testing for it. In Jan I had surgery and a catheter inserted in my urethra to pee after that it burned from a cut or soreness of having the tube sticking in my urethra for days. My doc said it was probably a bladder infection but i just thought it was external cut that made it burn so I never took the antibiotics for UTI. Is is possible that i have had this bladder infection for 4 months without knowing it? The initial burning went away as skin healed and has just been feeling like i need to pee off and on in the last few weeks.  Thanks for any insight!
im experiencing that right now. me and my boyfriend didn't have sex but he did finger me pretty rough (sorry if that's blunt) and now the lips are very swollen and it just feels like they're rubbing together and chafing. is that normal?
i had sex for the 3rd time n mii vagina was swollen n i cant put mii legs together is tht normal???
we didnt use a condom s i kno it aint tht
wat is it???????????
The first time my boyfriend used a condom I was really burning inside my vagina, but tried different condoms after that and all fine now :-)
Hey there,

I totally had this problem, like even sitting down hurt so bad because it was soo swollen... honestly they were saying above to ice it down, and thats what i did and it really does work. It helps alot... so it might be uncomfortable at first but just put ice on it.
I'm having the same problem as everyone here. My boyfriend and I have been having sex for about 3 years. This has only happened to me the last couple times we have had it and i dont know why but today it was unbearable. I went to the Gyno the first time and he didnt think it was anything serious and told me to use lots of lube. but i do, and it sure doesnt help. The actual sex didnt hurt but after i went to close my legs and felt real sore. I touched myself and It felt like 2 little tiny water balloons down there. It kinda hurt and felt sore and i made my boyfriend feel me to make sure i wasnt just going crazy. I shrugged it off for the night and woke up today with HUGE sore everything down there. Like i couldn't even walk straight because i was the size of an orange down there. I had a doctor appointment today (not with the gyno) and i was still in pain on my way there. This is the worst part... I went to use the bathroom before i went into the doctor and saw my crotch area was soaked on my pants. It wasn't blood and I didnt pee, it was like water or something. I  became horrified and ran back out to the car, embarrased. I luckily had a change of pants and had placed lots of toilet paper in my undies. but i guess as the swelling was going down... i leaked? lol i dont know how else to put it?
so basically my questions are 1 - what the heck is wrong with me?!?!
and 2 - did the 'leaking' thing happen to anyone else?
and 3 - I dont want this to ever happen again, what do i to prevent it if its happening no matter what the sex if like?
oh and one more question... this might be a stupid question but people were saying that it is possible to develop a new allergy to something and since i dont use condoms.. could i be allergic to sperm or something? :-/
So i have been reading everyones postings on here and i notice that we all have pretty much the same exact problem.  Last night me and my boyfriend were hooking up (we didnt have sex) and he was fingering me really rough and he ate me out (sorry if thats to technicall enough) but while he was perfroming the oral sex it felt good except for when i started feeling it hurt on the right side. it almost felt like he was sucking on the right really hard and it hurt so bad but i never told him to stop untill a while. Immedietly after i went to the bathroom and i saw that one side of my vagina was sooo swollen.  I didnt know what it was at first i thought something like fell out of my vagina but the actual whole didnt hurt only the lips and it hurt so bad when i peed and i cant even walk.  Underwear makes it hurt really bad and it is super sensitive.  I had no idea what happend to me but now i'm just assuming that it was really swollen from reading everyones postings on this site.  Now i know that i'm not the only person with this problem and i thank everyone for helping.  I'm definitly going to try the ice thing and see how that goes.  
so about a week ago i thought i had a yest infection i was having symptons of yest infections so i went out to shopppers drug mart and bought the seven day monstate. i didn't tell my boyfriend that i had one or that i got over it.
the day i was off the medication and was recovered from the yest infection i went and picked up my boyfriend.

we've been having unprotected sex, yes i know that's very bad and horrible.

but nothing like this has ever happened to us.

so the day i was off the yest infection medication him and i had sex (well i think it was the day if not the second roughly around there) he entered my vagina a bit rough and i remember yelling at him to go slow. well during sex i noticed a burning sensation as stupid as i am i didn't tell him to stop WHICH I WISH I SHOULD HAVE! (he mentioned after having sex he felt the burning sensation too). my vagina seriously swelled up within not LONG AT ALL!
my right side of my clit was WAY bigger than the left, the side and underneath my vagina hole was sooo SWOLLEN you couldn't see anything!
i tried peeing and oh my i was in sooo much pain it burned sooo bad!
i literally had to take a bath to be able to pee and not be in pain.
i iced my vagina and bought vagsil extra strength cream, eve cleaning pads for after i peed, and bendryl to stop the swelling.
the next day it went away.

and i know some of you may think this is disgusting but i have to let you know we did try having anal sex he said his **** was hurting so we stopped.
the next day we tried anal sex again we succeeded, but i felt discomfort there and took a bath and looked in the mirror and noticed that underneath my vagina hole and near my rectum was swollen (but not as bad as my vagina was swollen).

my boyfriend mentioned too the first time we tried having anal sex his **** was irriated and red and hurt. then after having the anal sex today he took a shower and said the same thing again his **** was irriated red and hurt but didnt hurt to pee or anything..

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
is hasnt EVER happened before!
could this happen because i wasn't ready for sex after my yest infection?
could i have passed my yest infection to my boyfriend?
is it serious enough to see a doctor?

PLEASE REPLY BACK WITH SOME HELP!
Hi all, yep i think it takes a while to "be ready again" after an infection. I had a really bad case of cystitis about 10 days ago (was peeing blood, ouch!). Althought the symptoms have been gone for over a week now, things didn't feel quite right - just a bit dry. So today we had sex and immediately after my vagina was HUGE, this has never happened to me before and we have been together 6 years. We never use condoms. Put ice on it which helped reduce the size. It really freaked me out. Am starting to dread sex - one painful problem after another for the girls, and the guys never seem to get any problems! So yep just ice it and avoid sex til everything feels "healthy again" i think. Good luck.
Me and my boyfriend just had sex. We went for two rounds. The first round I was good, we used a condom. And we were well lubricated. The second round I wasn't in "the mood" as much but we had sex anyways.. we didnt use a condom. The sex was kind of rough and it hurt a bit, (im guessing because of the lack of lubrication). When I got home i noticed it was swollen much like everyone else described. I am currently icing it. I'm super scared... this isn't an STI or anything right? I'm super worried help pls.

Also bellaamber89 said she took benedryl to stop the swelling, does that actually work?
My problem is a little different. It's not my whole vagina that is swelling up, but just my urethra. It kin of hurts to pee, but, it hurts more while having sex. I'm pretty certain it's not a yeast infection (there's no discharge, no itching). It was hurting while having sex and when I checked I could noticeably tell that my urethra was swollen. Happen to anyone else before? What will make it go away? Could this be a UTI?
Here is my situation. Im currently pregnant with my second child. and i have never had this happen before but recently after everytime i have sex i swell up...and to be honest it looks like it did right after I had my first child. Since I am pregnant we arent using condoms so i know its not an allergic reaction to condoms. It usually doesnt start hurting really bad till after we are done and i go the bathroom, and when i go the bathroom, its burns so bad! but then when im done the burning goes away and its still swollen...and it will eventually go down usually within the hour or so. This last time we had sex, it started hurting during sex, hurting so bad that we had to stop, and i think it was also the worst i had ever swelled up. but we don't have like really rough sex either. and if he just fingers me instead, it will start to hurt but not as bad and usually doesnt swell up a whole lot. It also only swells up the worst if i am on top. I have thought about it being a yeast infection, or an STD but I am starting to really think that its not an STD or anything like that. and i dont think should be having to put ice on it after everytime i get done having sex. sex is supposed to be enjoyable, and its getting to the point that its almost miserable, because its going to hurt when its over! so please give me some advice or something.
most of these things sound like urinary track infections, they can be cause from dirty fingers if being fingered (for those who didnt have sex) there are many things you can catch like genital herpies, the itching redness and swelling sounds like herpies to me, dont worry you cant die, its just really uncomfortable, best to get it check by a doctor, they will get you to take a urine test, its worth it, i recently had a UTI a few days after sex, the condom broke even though im on the pill, i was scared i was pregnate, but what was worse was i always felt like i had to pee, even when nothing came out, and when i did pee, it hurt, i even had some blood come out when i peed, that was a urinary track infection.

what im curious about, is whenI had sex a night ago, when i was fingered it hurt because he was pushing into me on my right side, i told him to stop (which is what anyone should do when something hurts! no matter how bad you feel, guys like to know there pleasuring you, not torturing you!) i didnt feel anything afterwards, untill the next day, it might be brusing, but i feel something on that same area when i pee, like theres something there, though i feel no lump i will get it checked out if it gets worse, which is the best thing to do cause you'll feel so much better and releaved! and for young girls like me, im only 16, go with a friend if you dont want you parents to know, i only got away with it because UTI can also be caused by wiping back to front when you go to the toilet. if its itching and swelling, its herpis, so learn the differnce! but go with a friend if you dont want your parents to know, best to get it checked out than worry and not do anything!
For women that use condoms with latex and they get an allergic reaction then, by deduction, the latex is the culprit or the condom has a hole in it.  For those ladies that have sex bareback and get the symptoms the culprit is the male's semen.......So....latex condom uses switch to another type of condom, lambskin, goatskin, etc. For further evaluation try going without a condom.  If the lady has no symptoms then the answer is the latex.  For those that go bareback use a condom.  No symptoms then it is the male semen you are allergic to.  Also go to an Allergist, dermatologist or GYN doctor.  Either can do the skin patch test.  Good Luck
I'm just wondering, what if we not go to the doctor when having UTI. does it heal by itself?
I have been dating my boyfriend for nine months and we have sex around everyday without condoms. After everytime for the past two months, I bleed and it burns and hurts when I touch it. I don't know what to do and it now hurts so bad to walk or sit down. Even when he fingers me or gives me oral sex I can feel the burning. I make him wash his hands and we are mostly never dry. What could this be?
Hey, I don't think its a good idea that ya'll don't use condoms.  Use them.  A womens vagianl is so sentive thats a lot of things can cause it to go out of wack.  It may be a UTI, which could have come from your boyfriend hiting you in a irreating direction for your bladder. (Especially intercourse from the back aka dogg-style)  Either way arounf you NEED to see a doctor because you've seen BLOOD!  Which is never a good sign.  If you don't have a UTI, its probley just that your boyfriend needs to find a better positon to have sex in. Mabey its the positions ya'll trying causeing the burning and the bleeding.  If you feel him hitting your bladder and it feels like you got to pee, ya'll need to change up.  The bleeding is a bad sign though, so go see a doctor ASP! Hope everything gets better soon. Vickey3
Just drink a lot of Cranberry Juice, like the big jug in one day and it'll go away in a couple of days.
and i've been having the same problem with having sex with my boyfriend, after we stop i get reallly swollen on the left side. and i don't know why..?  i sometimes wonder if it's because of his size. i don't use condoms because i'm allergic to them.. so what is it?
what do you do if you are at the age in your life were you enjoy sex and your vagina is fine until you have intercourse  and the vagina walls swell up and you get a irration  near the hair line of the vagina and it goes away for awhile and the reoccurs the next time you have sex? I seen a doctor  and recieved cream but I am not satified
Swollen vagina after sex, followed by pain during urination, could be a symptom of Vaginitis. The cause could be infection, hormonal, sexually transmited or even by using soap/vaginal ****** too often which cause the good bacteria being outnumbered by the bad ones. This infection may cause the vulva to be very dry, which cause pain during intercourse, and often swelling afterward. It can also be caused by yeast infection. You should check with your doctor if something like this happen, because most of the time, the bacteria doesnt go by itself. Most likely you will be prescribed both oral and vaginal medication, to ensure the elimination of all bad bacterias and parasites. It's not dangerous or anything, its just annoying and painful.
I dont think you've transmitted yeast infection to your bf, what might happen though, you've transmitted bacterias that caused your vaginal discharge and other symptoms. As far as what happen to your bf after anal sex, did he use condom or not? It's not the best idea to have anal sex without condoms, because that part of your body is where the most bacterias dwell and reproduce. So even the cleanest anus has alot of bacterias in there. And it can cause all kinds of complication to the male's genital because of this bacteria. So as long as he uses condom for anal sex, he's good. Other thing that can cause pain is because anus is wayyyyyyyy tighter than vagina (at least if it hasn't been sexually entered before). So he might feel like his penis was being squeezed really hard and trust me, it hurts, and his blood doesn't flow well. so that's what i can tell you as far as I know.
Itching, redness, & swelling does not necessarily mean it's herpes. I have the same problem sometimes. I recently starting having sex with a new guy on a regular basis. Sometimes with a condom, sometimes without. Sometimes dry, sometimes for a long time. I'm hoping that's what it is. I know that the itching, redness, & swelling can be the cause of a yeast infection. However, it could be symptoms of other STIs. I had cervicitis one time thinking it was a yeast infection. Same symptoms & everything. It could also be chlamydia, gonorrhea, or some other ones. Those are treatable though. My best advice to everyone is to just try the ice (I'm going to try that!), use some yeast infection medication (the 1 time treatment works best), & to be safest, check with your doctor.  Get tested for STDs even if the symptoms go away. You can never be too careful.
how long does it take for the swelling to go down??
WOW, i was so scared the first time this happened.. i still dont know why i does, but i feel so much better knowing i'm not the only one. It's only happend to me 3 times but its the same EXTREME swelling and burning and pain. no itching. We dont use condoms, so it's not latex.  I dont have a clue, and it couldnt be rough sex bc it happened during slow sex. I dont know i wish i just knew what was wrong.
it deffinitely feels good knowing i'm not the only one. the doc says it may just be irritation, It's really scary though, especially the first time it happened it was really bad i thought i was going to be stuck like that lol but i slept with the ice between my legs and that really helped with the pain and swelling.
I have had the same swelling problem here and there..started about 3 years ago. At the time I was having a lot of sex and the weather was hot and muggy..furthering the irritation. Just happened again from fingering so I thought I would check out what others are saying. When it first happened I went to a doctor and she said it was most likely a varicosity- a swollen vein, evident by the bluish undertone to the swollen area. I think once it happens, like many things, you are more prone. I am trying the ice as we speak.
You have to make sure it never gets dry down there.  Always keep some lubricant somewhere so you can use whenever it even starts to get dry.  With all the rubbing on that area during sex it's not surprising that when it gets dry it causes swelling.
Here's my two cents, you one penny ******. I bet your vag's are swollen with PRIDE on account of you flipping your flap jacks on some hairy fat guys bed. USE IT OR LOOSE IT, BIGGER IS BETTER, PACK YOUR BAGS AND QUITE YOUR BITCHIN!!! Its not like you all dont wear size XXX large pantys already..... I wish your other set of lips swelled shut after sex so no one has to lissen to your BULLLLLSHIT!!!!
no but seriously..... its AIDS!!!!
I just had sex a few hours ago with this guy. While we were having sex he would stop and start fingering me. After a while my vagina started to burn but i didnt think it was anything. We eventually stopped and then like 30minutes later we started to have sex again, and I felt that burning feeling again. I didnt know what it was, but it hurt to walk, sit, and even to put my underwear on. when i got home it was hurting a lot more and when i checked the whole left side of my vagina was swollen..what should i do? it really hurts.
well, yesterday was the first time my current boyfriend and I had sex. I wasna  virgin, but the first guy, he was lacking so there wasn't much pain. But a little time after i started to feel sore, i expected that. It was rough, and he was big and I'm tight, you get the picture. But its swollen, but its gone down, a lil. Any ides as to how to get it to go down more?
ICE PACK ICE FREEZEING
It's from having rough sex without having enough lubrication.

Use an ice pack.. it will go away.
okay so i have a big problem i had sex new years eve with this guy and it was really rough annd after like an hour i started to swell. then i got really drunk went to a party and ****** yet an other guy its been about 3 days now and the swelling his went down but it still burns but not real bad and i went to be an i peed blood a little i dont know what to do im like freaking out and im only 17 so i really im not about to ask my mom what to do HELP ME???
The last time I had sex was about a week ago but I seemed to be getting swollen lips as everyone has described yesterday and is still the same today. It doesn't really hurt to touch, but the clit has expanded to the size of the 2 lip- in other words it looks like I now have 4 lips! Most people have been saying the swolleness has appeared no long after sex, but like I said the last time I did it was about a week ago so why would i be showing symptoms now?

Im really really worried! PLEASE HELP
um hello , im 16 and i got prettyyyy drunk yesterday and i dont remember anything i think me and my bf had sex . weve been dating for two years .. i live with my family and he lives with his so i cant ask him right now ... i just woke up . and my left vagina lippppp is way swollen . um it does hurt to pee . but it feels way uncomfortable . um i am sexually active . im not itchy its not red or whatever .. im just really nervous . could this be something serious ? sti ? or anything i should go to the doctor for ... ????!!!!!! ill try the ice thing .. pleaseeeeeeee HELPPPPPPPPPP !!!!
for the people who are getting the swelling about a week after, you should really get it checked out. last year i had a similar problem... i had unprotected sex with a guy and then a week later  my vagina became very swollen, and painful...i went to the doctors and it turn out that i had contracted genital herpes... it *****. I just had sex with a guy tonight and my vagina has since swelled up huge! It didnt hurt during sex but it kills now i can barely walk... its only one one side, but i know its not a herpes outbreak because they are different... so i believe its from extremely long and rough sex... a lot of friction could do it... ice does feel good
I had sex today.. & immediately after, i became swollen too. It has happend to me before.. it was because of the rough sex.. & when changing positions, you can get dry at times.. & being dry with no lube, can cause irritation. Last time, it last 2 days. But you have got to put ice down there, to help the swelling go down..TRUST ME. I have an ice pack on me now. ha. But i really wouldnt worry about it. & it does sting when you pee.. & my right inner lip is more swollen than the other.. i feel like i have grapes down there. But you'll be ok.
Okay so had sex with my bf about 2 days ago , and i would say it was very rough sex . Now i use the bathroom like alot , and my vagina gets an intense feeling when ever i do ( like i turn red and moan because it so intense , ) and now i dread using the bathroom , and blood leaks out . but not alot . We used a condom for the most part and the 3rd go around we didnt . We tried anal at one point but it barely go in . We didnt use a condom for that either . Two days before we had sex i just got off my period . I really dont know whats wrong. My vagina is also swollen and my clit is bigger then regular too . I need help .
Ok so me and my boyfriend have been haven sex for about 5 mths now
and we have been doing just about the same thing nothing really changed but 3 nights ago we have sex again and my lips / vagina became swollen :{  that night. im not sure why it happend now i just want it to go away
can anyone tell me how long it would take for it to go away
I am feeling the same way now...swollen...benadryl has helped before...This has happened to me about 5 or six times in my life.  I have tried to ice and it helped...I am going to try again...if this does not help I am going to go to the doctor... Monastat cream also helped with hydrocortisone...not the yeast infection medicine though...it is a different cream...I think it is new... I tried vagisil, regular cortisone, hydrocortisone and etc...the Monastat cream helped WONDERS... I am going to just use that and ice for a couple of days
Oh my god I am so glad i'm not alone. I have the same problem. It's happened to me more than once, and with two different guys. I had sex for the first time with my current boyfriend last night, and was totally swollen to the point where I could hardly walk.. I don't think it has anything to do with allergies to the condom, cause we didn't use one. I also had the same problem with my ex boyfriend about a year ago. Maybe it's just the constant friction that irritates the skin, but like someone in an earlier post said.. if it was really all that normal, sex wouldn't be a very amazing experience. I'm going to see my gyno tomorrow and see if there are any solutions. Who knows, haha..
and it's definitely not a lack of lubrication. Juust saying.
I have swollen like that and i went to the doctor if you enjoy getting oral espeacially it can def swoll like that making your vagina look like a big shrimp......The doctor told me its from the mouth and because the mouth has a lot of bacteria in it, it can effect your vagina to swoll and yes if your dry and he continues to procide you will have a little burn and alot of swell espeacially with a condom rubbing in you when your dry. So dont be alarmed but i think the ice pack is a good idea because if you dont take care of it right away it will look loser than the other lip and women should not want that but it will heal either on its on time or you speeding up the process.
i had the SAME problem as us all..except i was fingered and right after i ran to the bathroom to see my right lip was VERYY swollen. i believe we all get thi because of rough sex..and maybee an alergic reaction to something??..but my swelling went down after a day..so good luck to yous..im sure nothing is wrong..just the intensityy of it all irritatedd the lips..

=D.
****, i was so scared that this was just me and i was some kinda ******* mutant... so glad it's normal!!!
yeah so laine22 said that it could be from a uti
but
it only happens when we do doggie-style, but the times in between, even if it's rough, nothing happens
-.^
im going to my gyno soon, so if you want i guess i'll pass on any advice or treatment or whatever
I just had sex with my boyfriend and my inter lips are very swollen but by what everyone is saying here I'm guessing is normal... we changed the type of Condom we used, we usually use Trojan, but we changed to style or something like that, I was self lubricated at the beginning when we start having sex, but a little after I started getting dry, I didn't payed much attention, but my boyfriend was being a little too rough. So at the en. Not being lubricated enough, using other type of condoms and having rough sex while being dry can be the cause of this big problem. Does the ice really works?
okey me and my bf we did it on a tueday and i am just now starting to swell up very bad and it feels kinda funny to walk and it just feels funny and so i know it cant be an allergic reaction because we didnt use a condum or any lube. should i be worryed and should i go to the docter rite away. please help me.
Me and my boyfriend have sex around 3-4 times a week, sometimes more than once. I have had anal sex before and this didn't hurt and wasn't irritated afterwards. This shocked me as i expected it to, but recently after sex, my vagina is swollen and red like a balloon. It is painful when i sit down and i have to be careful when i walk as it hurts. Everyone as been saying to put ice on it, which i will try, but i searched red and swollen vagina on google and it said this could be Vaginitis. I am worried that it might be. I know it's not very nice but sometimes it isn't possible to shower after i have had sex. Do you think this may have something to do with it? I don't know, but i am in a lot of pain and any answers would REALLY help!

Thanks.
It's okay, it's irritated by rough sex, and usually it subsides by the day/night after, it all depends on how sensitive you are.
It's been happening to me since I began having sex.
It's not the latex or lube, just try more fingering during foreplay.
It'lll help you loosen up.
And just try taking it soft n gently instead of that rough, you know, don't do it if it's gonna make you hurt, lol.

Some girls just can't handle the friction, even though they may at a time, balance out the roughness with some softness or something, haha.
Good luck.
its 4:45 in the morning, i just got done having sex with my boyfriend. Hes passed out cold, but im sitting on my laptop trying to find out how to cope with my swollen vagina. I drank tonight and was really dry after a while. now i dont think i can even sleep. The pain is horrible. My right lip is swollen and it looks like a bird beak! I have never experenced this before in my life. My boyfriend is 21. He is fully grown down there and we have been together for about 6 months now. Ive always known since the first time we got together that his penis is VERY large and hurts when we have sex more than once a day and he is ALWAYS wanting to. its hurt before but its always gone away within a hour or so... now its swollen and looks like a knot. It is hard and feels like its full of liquid..... We do not use condoms because i am on birthcontrol and he wasnt that rough because i told him it hurt and to be careful. I dont know what to do... ice hurt.. very bad. It is painful when i touch it. ALSO, i was not very into it, and i think that has something to do with it. We had already had sex, four hours ago, and so i was wanting to go to sleep. Now i just wanna get rid of thissss!
I just wanted to say that i took some ibuprofen and put frozen bag of peas on my vagina, with panties on. It went away the next day. It is still sore some, but all the swelling is gone.
the same thing happened to me today. my boyfreind and i fooled around and my inner labia is extremely swollen. i'm worried it could be something serious. it's painful but no rash or itch. what should i do
Ive had this problem on going. Ive been to the Dr aswell. they seem clueless. Ive had urine infection from it to. Ive found its from rough sex.  Condom or no condom.  Ive finally got some answers by watch TV!  some programme called embarassing teenage problems. the girl went to see a dermatologist and her skin was very sore and irritated. they gave her some cream and soap to use. im going to mention this to my Dr next time i go and see them. so far i have been on antibiotics like nearly every month and they have sent me for a kidney scan. why dint Dr's listen to wot u have to say and always have to do random tests as a precaution. i no wots wrong so they should listen to what i have to say.
I have had this problem happen to me about three times and Ive noticed that each time that it has happened, I recieved oral sex from my boyfriend and then had some what of a rough sex session. I believe it is from any roughness in that area be it from oral, fingering, or just plain ole rough sex. Dont worry just ice it right away and the swelling and/or pain should be totally gone within two days or so.
It is very important that condoms are used 24.7. If u have an allergic reaction to a condom(ex. vagina swells, Redness, irritation and itching) ask a doctor what type of condoms r right for you. Icing should help, take tylenol or advil, and i recommend to sleep wit a pad, for the padded comfort.
If ur vagina swells, irritation and itching occur and its accompanied by white cottage cheese looking discharge then your looking at a yeast infection.
Over the counter medicine is the best option.
If all of the symptoms described above happen and u r bleeding wen you pee, then that would be a UTI aka urinary tract infection. See a doctor who will most likely give u meds to take orally.
It happens to me often, with and without a condom at first I thought it was allergic reaction to the condom but then it happend when we didn't use one, but something I realized after sex if you go to the restroom, then take a short nap it will go down, sleep on your side.  It is due to blood the rushes through your body its a normal thing nothing to horrible, it might hurt or sting but it shouldn't itch if it does you should go see a doctor.  BTW the swelling has to do with rough sex and wrong positioning, not to get to into detail but when a guy sticks his dicc in you but he kinda of misses or it takes him a min to get the right whole and he just sticks it anywhere then it can cause swelling, not only that but the reason that its usually the left side of your vag lips that swell is because it has more then the other side if you know what i mean, and when having sex sometimes that gets in the way and gets caught in the middle of you having sex which can cause swelling
my vagina lips get swollen very easily it goes away in the morning but literally 10 seconds into it I start to get swollen its embarrieing. Any help?
why does my vagina burn and swell after sex? i dont ever use condoms and this is the second time this has happened, and i think its from not really being wet. can you help me and tell me what it might be?
I'm having the same problems. A couple of months ago before my period started i started getting itching i thought it was thrush so bought the kit and used it after my period stopped. The itching went away but then i started getting burning after sex and irritation. It doesnt bother me apart from after sex or if i go for a shower and wash it seems 2 irritate most when i dry. I've stopped using body wash 2 wash myself incase it was upsetting but even using warm water isnt making a difference. I went to the doctors and she said that after a thrush infection the labias can still be sensitive and become irritated because the skin was itched so much with the thrush. She advised me to use the thrush cream to calm the area and said it should go away once the labias had healed. It hasn't!!! Now its worse im still getting burning after sex, irritation sometimes but i dont get any itching so i know its not thrush and the thrush cream wasnt helping. My labias are swollen and they are a blood red colour and i've just noticed in the last couple of days that there are lumps of swelling on my labias now. I'm going to book an appointment at the doctors next week. Is anyone else getting lumps?
i had sex with a differnt partner tht was not my man an like the next day my vagina entrance feels a lil itchy u think he had sumthin?
the swelling of the left vagina is like blue balls for guys... when you are aroused but dont get off in time all the blood is flowing so fast and just tightens up cause u didnt get to release yourself... its blue balls for girls lol
Alright so I definitely found similarities in some of everyone else's stories. Although I'd like to see if anyone can help pin point more of my situation.

I lost my virginity about a few months ago maybe?
He is a friend and he has been open about getting tested and being clean and what not so I am assuming he is.
After the first time I did get a uti, assuming it was because I did not go to the bathroom right after.
We also did not use a condom, his excuse was that I am on birth control.
After that I had sex with someone else randomly and definitely was not happy about it.
I got tested and I actually did come up positive with chlamydia and an another uti unfortunately.
Both were treated.
I then had sex with the first guy again.. and got a uti again.
And again did not use a condom.
Last week I got over my period and received a yeast infection.
I called my doctor and she said that it made sense to get that since I had been on so many antibiotics from uti's, that taking the montistat treatment would be quite fine.
I just had sex with him again the other night night (the night before was the third and last day of the treatment) and I guess you could say he can be pretty rough (even though he isn't that big, but very rough when it comes to fingering and oral).
I know it is recommended to not have intercourse until a few days after treatment.
After the next day I was swollen like usual kind of I guess.
I did try to pee directly after we had sex but I just couldn't, I slept for two hours and then went however with a little discomfort, and then a little later I went pee.. and it was a really long pee.
Although I was really red too.
It's been two days and I guess maybe it still feels like it could be a little swollen, but it is still very noticeably red.
I am usually pretty good and being aware of how my vagina looks and today I looked closer and there is a little bump that literally looks like a skin tag.
I also feel as though my vagina feels very dry inside even though it may not be?
I also feel as though I probably wasn't as prepared down there for when we had intercourse.
He gave me oral too.. which I'm not sure if that was a good thing and not to sound disgusting but at first it felt good but then it felt like he was like.. sucking my insides out super hard or something and it hurt a lot and just like someone said up there I was stupid and didn't tell him to stop.
I've looked up on that too, but most of the information received is very .. non helpful.
I'm wondering if I should be worried, if I should wait a few days (I'd really hate to go to the doctor again and have to spend more money - It ***** being a girl).
I mean it doesn't look like a wart, I've had skin tags other places on my body and that is definitely what it looks like to me, it's just so random.
The redness does worry me a little and feeling dry, so I don't know if that takes a few days to go away or if I should be paranoid about it?
Or if there is anything to help decrease these symptoms?
If anyone can give me any feedback that would be much appreciated!
This is pretty funny you have to admit. I can just imagine how many girls had swelling, freaked out, and went on the internet to figure out what it was immediately. (This is my story also.) I'm so relieved after reading this. I always think worst case cenario if one tiny thing happens. Anyway, I think I can sum up everything I've read so far:
Swelling alone = not a big deal. Could be quite a few reasons, but it'll go away. When you should worry: If you're sleeping around and suspect a stranger might possible have something, WORRY. If there is pain, burning, itching, pus, and a whole bunch of other symptoms, and they don't go away in a day or two, go to a doctor. Not sure why there are so many repetitive stories. Well, I just thought I'd sum it up for everyone.
I wish all of your vaginas the best of luck.
Alright. My turn to share. i had a yeast infection during the summer but i took the medications to treat it, and all my symptoms disappeared. How ever..i have a small bump on my clit? i guess you can say. It doesnt hurt. Flesh colored and all. I went to the doctors and they said it didnt look serious. So i left it alone. Been there since..but i feel no pain.So i'm 19 and i RECENTLY lost my virginity to my boyfriend. It was on New years [way to start the new year]. We had unprotected sex [i hate myself for not being as smart about it as i should have been] . Anyways, i experienced what is considered to be normal after your first. Burning while peeing, Bleed after [went away when i whiped tht same day] and sore thighs. Those stopped 3 days after. Good. Around the same time, i got my period on the 5th which was weird because i normally get my period in the middle or end of the month but not within the first week. i was cramping..and i wasn't bleeding as i normally do. it was VERY light and it lasted for 2-3 days. Last week i went to see my Boyfriend and he fingered me. Nothing happened immediately. I had gone to get a PAP test the week before [explain the period-like], and my results came in today negative.Great! How ever, while in the shower 2 days ago..i noticed that my vagina was swollen[still is]..but it doesn't hurt, and its not SUPER swollen. Its enough to notice though and i have no discharge what so ever. So im sitting here wondering...wtff is going on? i made an appointment for tmrw morning to see if i can get some answers..and i'm reaaally scared. Any ideas what this can be before i go in tmrw?
okok EVERYONE RELAX!!!!!
swollen lips after rough sex IS NORMAL for some girls. if you don't LUBE enough, you vagina is get FRICTION burn which causes swelling. Ice does work for most and it will not only ease the pain but help the swelling go down. Some girls have it for 3 days, others just a few hours.
it will burn, itch, and be painful, esp. when you pee because it's raw and your urine is acidic. Dont stress too much if the swelling is still there after 3 days. BUT if the swelling, itching, and burning doesn't go away after a few days, you might have a problem. IF you have irregular vagina discharge while itching, burning, and swollen, you MIGHT have a yeast infection. Either way, I believe it is a good idea to ice and call a gynecologists or her assistant and ask about your symptoms.
i just realized how many typos i had made. Sorry i was talking to someone while typing oops...here's the passage again but with corrections and this one makes sense lol

okok EVERYONE RELAX!!!!!
swollen lips after rough sex IS NORMAL for some girls. if you don't LUBE enough, your vagina is prone to get FRICTION burn which causes swelling. Ice does work for most and it will not only ease the pain but help the swelling go down. Some girls have it for 2-3 days, others just a few hours. It will burn, itch, and be painful, esp. when you pee because it's raw skin and your urine is acidic. Dont stress too much if the swelling is still there a few hours or even after 2 days.
BUT if the swelling, itching, and burning doesn't go away after more than 3 days, you might have a problem. IF you have irregular vaginal discharge while itching, burning, and swollen, you MIGHT have a yeast infection. Either way, I believe it is a good idea to ice and call a gynecologist or her assistant and ask about your symptoms.
Hey girls. LOOK to me its NORMAL so heres wah i do to avoid the burning of the peeing.
1.PEE BEFORE YOU HAVE SEX, I ALWAYS HAVE TO PEE AFTERWARDS BUT IF I PEE B4 IM GOOD. THE BURNING WILL GO AWAY AFTER ABT AN HR OR 2 THEN I GO PEE AND IT EITHER WONT BURN OR ITS A LIL BURN

2.I AM GOING TO TRY THE ICE BUT I USE A HOT TOWEL OR RAG AS SOME SAY IT WORKS FOR ME AND IT FEELS GOOD.

3. I SLEEP NAKED AFTER WE DO IT(has his own house) BECAUSE UNDER WEAR DOES IRRITATE IT ALOT

4. AND USUALLY FOR ME THE SWELLING GOES DOWN IN 2 DAYS THE PAIN DOESNT GO COMPLETELY AWAY TIL 4 DAYS, SO DONT HAVE SEX AGAIN TIL YOUR SWEELING GOES AWAY COMPLETELY INCLUDING PAIN.

5. FOR PPL LIKE ME THAT WHEN MY VAGINA DOES SWELL  UP AND THE LIPS RUB TOGETHER IT HURTS TO STOP THE IRRITATION I PUT VASALINE ON MY VAGINEA. AROUND THE LIPS N IN THE CRACKS BUT NOT IN THE VAGINA CUASE THAT A WHOLE NOTHER IRRITATION

I ALWAYS DO THIS BEFORE AND AFTER SEX BECAUSE I KNOW WAHT TO EXPECT IF YOU DO THIS I PROMISE ITLL B BETTER

ANY ?'S EMAIL ME AT SCOOTAH_BUDDUH***@****
im having the same problem as you and silly grl bt I wsnt having sex I ws fingered and provided wi oral. im 8 mnths pregnant and we r thnkin tht his beard/gotee bruised it and caused it to be huge the way it ws. I've experienced the swelling before n another relationship bt tht ws wi intercouse. I've informed my obgyn n she had nothin much to say...I tol her I did experience leakage for about 7 hrs straight...off and on tho. they're sayin the leakage is fluid frm my baby and to jus keep drinking water. any suggestions as to wer u thnk the bruises and swelling came from...anybody?
My vagina hurts when I sit, walk, pee, or do anything! it burns so bad and is still a little swollen. I am not sure if it's because my boyfriend and I have been having sex more than usual, or what it is. this isnt the first time this has happened. I do know its not a blatter infection, its not an std, or an allergic reaction... does anyone know any other ways to get rid of the swelling instead of ice? cuz thats really too cold for down there. lol. do you think its because I dont get wet enough?
i have the same problem! its happened several time right after sex. we dont use condoms so thats not the problem. however i am on the pill and it never happened before the pill and now it does. someone told me it could be thrush. it could be because its dry but its not dry all the time just sometimes. also i could be allergic to him or he could not be washingh properly, but its defintly like a piece of an orange on both sides. like after he does, and i feel him pull out it starts to hurt or burn and thats when it burns. i almost think i am just allergic to him, but it wasnt like that before the pill, could the pill have aplified this problem?
My boyfriend and I have sex almost every weekend, I am really tight so each week it tightens back up. So the first time we try , it always hurts a bit. That's fine, I know that that is going to happen. But what I AM concerned with is sometimes my lips will also get swollen and it will burn a bit in that region and becomes very sensitive. We are well lubricated, with my own naturalness, and he is a bit large for my size (seeing as I am quite small). Is it just because he's too big for me, or is it because it's just too rough? Mind you, the swelling and burning does not happen all the time. It isn't an allergic reaction to the latex. Could it be maybe that I'm allergic to the soap he uses?
this happened to me last week. it was so bizarre, nothing like this has ever happened before. me and my husband had sex, we had our two year anniversary yesterday and i was afraid to have sex after what happened. it was just my right lip and it was almost like a bee sting with the swelling and the burning when peeing. the next morning it wasnt as swollen but it had spread to the other side. i have had a staph infection for almost two months and am not sure if it has anything to do with that or not, but by the end of the next day, the swelling was gone. im not sure if i should worry the next time i have sex or if it was a one time thing.
im haveing the same problem, i just had sex a couple of days ago and my right inner lip is soo swollen. instead of 1 clit it looks like i hav 2, and its really dry and cracks wen i touch it, and its soo itchy and hurts wen my clothes rub against it. plus i just got my period so that hinders sum treatments.
what do i do, do i hav an STI????
Ive been having similar problems. Me and my boyfriend don't have tons of sex, probably only 3 times a month. But whenever we do, whether its with a condom or without, it burns during intercourse and afterwards I swell up and it burns when I pee. I know its not an allergic reaction because it happens without condoms too. And we've used different kinds of condoms so i know thats not the problem either. Hes clear of STDs too...so whats wrong with me? helpppp
Have any of you heard of Human Seminal Plasma Hypersensitivity? It's an allergy to semen, but you don't necessarily get a reaction from just anyone- you can litterally be allergic to just one specific type. Symptoms can include swelling, burning during urination, and pain walking or touching the area right after sex, sometimes lasting many hours. I've got this- it's pretty rare, but often misdiagnosed. If anyone thinks they might have it, look it up
ok so my boyfriend and me have been dating for over 2 years. so we've had sex a lot and just starting about 10 months ago we were having sex and my vagina got VERY swollen. now it happens EVEY time we have sex or just mess around, it makes it not fun for me anymore, i dont know what i should. i've tried almost everything to make it stop happening.... please help me!!!
hey, this happened to me this morning and the lips are very swollen an it burns when i pee. i know i dont have any STD's an i put ice on it an it helped some but im so scared idk what to do please help. an my bf and i had rough sex we used a condom but i dont think im allegeric bcuz we have used the same condom before. . . . . what do i do? will the swelling go down?
first let me say this does not happen every time i have sex but my boyfriend and i had sex earlier tonight and my inner labia swelled up, i then shortly after went to use the restroom and it burned so bad when i peed. we do not use condoms. or didnt do anything out of the ordinary tonight, it wasnt ruff sex or anythin either. I am certain it is not an STD, but i dont know what it could be.. please help! thanks!
hey foxrider3443 dont worry!!
i was goin out with this lad for 4 yrs 2 of which we had sex and i lived with him i was oly 18 at the time :O we too had unprotected sex which i now reget!! something similar happened to me! it went down after 5- 7 days always happened after oral sex!! seriously if u are worried get a STD check it could cause u not to have kids if positive! im afraid to get myself checked and dont have the means in paying it so im hopin 4 the best and havin a bit of trust in him that i am the only one he had sex with! but seriously if its free 4 u and near u do it please!!
the same thing happened to me. its juss from rough sex. and it happens even more when you have sex with no condoms. sometimes it takes mine like 3-5 days to permanently stop hurting and go down. but within like two days you should notice it going down a little bit.
i hope i helpedd.
The pain, swelling, burning and discomfort most of you have described can ususally come from inflamed glands. Inside the vagina there are glands on each side which are used to secrete lubricant when srroused. Sometimes these glands become irritated or inflamed due to extreme friction, blockage, not enough lubrication, or from possible hairs your partner may have on his penis which cause miscroscopic lacerations resulting in stinging, burning swelling usually around and right inside the vaginal opening. Notably on each side. It usually goes away in 3 days to a week. I,ve found that medicated betadine douche provides some internal comfort, while cleaning/ antisepting any possible internal lacerations that may have occurred as a result, to avoid any further complication of the possibility of infection. This is sometimes a common sexual issue. Lack of sufficient lubrication is the major culprit.
It can mean that there was not enough lubrication. If the vaginal canal is dry during intercourse it causes friction that then causes swelling. It can be very uncomfortable so if it happens often try using a lubricant. Some women find that drinking alcohol before intercourse causes dryness in the vaginal canal.
My vagina is also VERY SWOLLEN!!! My boyfriend and I had sex last night, and I agree that perhaps I was not lubed enough and was not super "into it."  We don't use condoms or lube and it was a little rough but nothing out of the ordinary.  For the past several months I have been having this problem where it gets really swollen and sometimes I have little cuts that are like paper cuts on my vagina cuz it tears.  This is what causes the burning when I pee.  Last night/today is the worst it has ever been tho.  My vagina feels like there is an orange between my leggs and I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had gotten my period, when in fact it was vaginal discharge...so much that it soaked both my underwear and shorts!  It also itches a lot and burns when I pee.  

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years and he was never tested but I was a virgin when we started dating.  I don't think it is an sti because I would have noticed things sooner.  He is worried/upset that this happens every time after and we both want  to know, is this always going to happen from now on???  Please help!  Could this be a yeast infection?  Should I go see the doctor?
This has just happened to me and it's painful, and I noticed during sex I came, but after I came, I wasn't wet anymore, which never happens, but we continued, because it was still getting good. It has definetly got something to do with lubrication. Also my boyfriend said he had just shaved down there and (srry for the lewdness) the rubbing and dry friction i guess did this to me. So ladies, take this for advice, you start feelin dry during sex make sure to get the lube. Also I dont think condoms do this, because condoms are lubricated.
jeeesus its reeeally sore and uncomfortable. i cant really close my legs. i dont want my mum to notice me walking weirdly or anything... so glad i am not the only one though. ***** cause im starting a new job tomorrow and this is going to be sooo uncomfortable. i also need to revise and i just cannot concentrate. this post has kinda helped me so thanks.. did not want to have to ask my mum or my friends or anything since i am only 16. hopefully it will be gone down by tomorrow, might try the ice thing. also, my neck is really swollen? any ideas?
Without having sex my lips gets swollen for no reason, there is no iritation, it's just swallon, what should I do?
Ok me and a friend of mines had sex with a condom dont know what type it was so later on that day i had sex with my sex partner and we never use condoms and when we were being intimate it was feeling irritated. the next day when i too a bath it was burning  then when i urinate it burn but it will go away it feel normal we had sex three days later when i got in tub it would itch and burn when i mess with it  but then it would go way i think i need to go to the doctor if it keep doing this im going to have to go to the doctor.
I had this problem twice , and what my mother- in -law told me to do after my husband got afraid when it happen the first time . lol It was so painful he even made me walll lol when he watch me limp like from the discomfort . she told me to warm some hot water , then add abit of detol to it squat and sap it on the lips that is swollen and by an hour or so it was gone and back to normal . now me and my husband look back and laugh about it lol i hope this helps .
hi everyone i jus joined the community. i need help really bad is there anyone thats available right now?
hello??? r u there? anyone? i really need someone to talk to asap
I had sex for the first time in a long time with this guy that's pretty big (mistake!!!!) I had swelling and burning no bumps or discharge and we didn't use a condom so I'm just thinking it was because he's large.. And I've been icing my crotch all day! Its safe to say I'm never having sex again!! We'll at least for a verrry long time and next time if there is a next time its gonna be a smaller guy!!
Oh and he did finger me quite rough(sorry for the detail) I'm thinking that didn't help matter I'm def going to make a trip to the doc just to make sure everything is a okay!! I'm relived to kno I'm not the only one with this problem!! Good luck to everyone else tho!! And thanks for sharing! ")
DO NOT WORRY if your vagina is or has been swollen after sex.
there are three causes that aren't sexually transmitted.
1. You could have a reaction to the type of condom
if you weren't wearing one, consider this:
2. If he used spit as extra lubricant, the bacteria from his mouth went inside your vagina and caused you irritation.
3. You were too dry and/or you did not use enough lube.

Communicate with your partner and tell him what is going on with your body. it's not embarrassing because it happens to everyone some point in life, and it is necessary to.
If you are too embarrassed to tell him the issues- you should be embarrassed to be naked with him.
yeah...my bf and i do it a lot without a condom
this last time he got a little more into it (hes usually very shy) and used his own spit and got way more rough than usual.
I expect the swelling to go away
i am so scared!
my bf and i broke up a few weeks ago
he would be very rough, with fingering and sex,(sorry to be graphic) and sometimes he'd even make me bleed, three times after sex (that was very rough) i had something that poped out my vagina like a big blob, it was sore and swollen, and at first i thought it might be swelling, i wish i hadnt of ignored it now. it went away within a few hours.
this week (a few days ago) i got out the bath and looked at my vagina. my vagina entrance is quite a lot larger when i feel inside, and it feels rough inside? wich is frightening. and the part above thats normaly very small is quite big now id say twice the size, it dousent stick out but its bigger.
and at the botterm of my vagina entrance, theres a small i'd say bit of skin sticking out!
iv been doing pelvic floor exorsizes the last few days and inside my vagina dous feel tighter, but it hasnt improved the apperance outside of it. im sorry to be so graphic!
im considering  making a docters apointment to see a nurse... i dont know what to do im terrified, and i cant talk to anyone about it. im too embarrased.  please give some advice!
okay, so i know im not an expert, but yesturday was my 'first time', and me and my boyfriend had sex, we used a condom, and i was a little sore later which i expected, and yet again today we ended up having sex again although i was a bet sore it wasnt painful, and yes we used a condom this time as well. i appologize for sharing but also today he fingered me rough, and for a long period of time, which caused me to swell alot and it got sore while he was doing it just from the friction. now that im home i showered and i am still swollen but i did but ice on it down there, and it took away all the pain, i really mean ALL, and it is still swollen but itll go down more im sure, just like it started to today but i was dumb n had sex again. so to everyone, use ice.. if your just sore n swollen just wait it off n im sure youll be better by the next day or so. REMEMBER, ICE.
me and my boyfriend didn't have sex, but he ate me out and fingered me, and it was really rough. and the left lip on my vagina is extremely swollen. i didn't notice it at first, but the next day it was really itchy, and i kept itching it. then i went to took a shower and noticed it. i think it wouldn't have gotten swollen if i didn't itch it. what should i do? what if the icepack doesn't work?
i've read through all of these posts, i'm having the same symptoms, the swelling on the right side, it hurts and is rather uncomfortable, there are no freakin answers, i was thinking about trying the bath, it's been four or so days since the swelling came up, and yeah, it feels like its full of liquid. I would just kill to find an answer instead of having to go to the doctors! HELP!
i didnt even have to have sex with my boyfriend, ( we did other stuff) but my lips down below were very big the next day! this had happend before to me but i though it was normal and it went down like the next day but this time, they were very bigggg on both sides i was very scared iknew at this time it couldnt be normal! i mean they were hard and very painful i found i hard to walk normal and sit down1 and 3days later stillnot back to normal there not as big but still very sore to walk and siit down!! and started to get bit of a rash :/ does anyone no what it could be coz what i am seeing there it cnt be normal!
ok so my boyfriend and i had sex about 2 hours ago and lately i have noticed it hurting just a little bit and i thought it was because we like it rough lol but i think i might have a latex allergy. My clit is so swollen that i can barely keep my legs shut and it hurts.I know lube wasnt the issue cuz i was cumming like crazy but how do i know if i am now allergic to these latex condoms?