External vagina ardor

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

External vagina ardor

How to treat when a woman has some external ardor that sometimes makes sexual intercourse a little uncomfortable? This burning seems to dissapear during period.

Thanks a lot
Tags: Women
It can be due to bacterial vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. It is caused by a change in the type of bacteria found in the vagina.
The exact cause for the change in type of bacteria is still not known, but it is can be due to IUD’s,multiple sex partners or having intercourse with a new partner.

In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole((Flagyl, MetroGel) and clindamycin (Cleocin).They are available as pills or vaginal gels or creams. Please do not use any vaginal douches.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals