Extra skin on Vagina/abnormal???

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Extra skin on Vagina/abnormal???

Please help, I have no idea if this is normal or not.

This is hard to explain. I was using a tampon for the first time. I was pulling it out after 5 hrs of use and found I could only pull it out slightly. It felt like I was tugging on skin. I noticed that a thread of skin from (inside?) my vagina (thicker than a thread, maybe half as thick as a shoe lace) was looped over the bottom of the tampon(the end where the string is attached). I had to push the tampon back in to "unhook" it and then pull it out from the side.

I notice this "string" of skin when I stick two fingers inside my vagina. One finger is on either side of the thread. I notice it may not be from the inside, but on top of the opening of my vagina. In a way there are almost two small openings to the entrance of my vagina, except of course it's only a string of skin and doesn't have an entire "wall" Please help! Is this normal? I'm still a virgin and I worry this may complicate intercourse when I eventually have, and/or make it more painful because of this complication or confusion.
sounds like you lost your hymen, this is not completley uncommon with tampons, and just because you no longer have a hymen does not make you not a virgin, You are a virgin until you have intercouse for the first time.this will not complicat your first sexual experience, which I hope isnt until you are 18,,my son currently is expecting a baby with his 16 yo gf,,,not good timing do not let that happen to you,,theres plenty of time to be a mom,,,enjoy your youth,
Avatar n tn
i have had the same exact thing too dont worry your not alone until i saw this, i was worried but i eventually thought it was a good idea to finally tell my mom. she tooka look at and said that is was just extra skin and could be simply removed. my extra skin or whatever was attached the same way, but when i was taking out my tampon it hurt and then i notice the string became unattached from the top, so it just kind of dangles down now, but it doesnt bother me i think im just going to get it removed so i have a normal looking vagina.
Avatar n tn
mhv commented on photo
Des_a_rae commented on photo
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals