Extreme period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Extreme period

I have never had a regular period. I can easily go months without having one. My problem now is that I'm having a period that is ongoing. I'm about 15 days in with extremely heavy bleeding. I have to use an overnight pads so that I won't have to change every two hours. Along with the heavy bleeding I'm experiencing large clots. I do not know what to do. What could possibly be wrong?? Do I need to see a doctor? I have had periods like this before but not to this extreme.
My advice is that you should go and see your doctor.

It is not normal to bleed for so long and to have large clotting.
The doctor can give you medication, send you for an ultrasound to find out what is causing these heavy bleeds, and possibly do blood tests to check your blood for iron deficiency and a hormone imbalance.

Make an appointment with the doctor so that he can help you with this.

Best wishes.
Fifteen days of this type of period is unusual.  Yes, absolutely go see your doctor to determine what is going on.  good luck dear and let us know what the outcome is!
just to add to what everyone else is saying, it would be worth taking vitamin tablets, in particular iron supplements.
As you have been loosing blood for so long you, there is a good chance you are anemic, (which the iron tablets would fix) and you could be low in a lot of other vitamins as you are loosing so much blood.

And you definitely need to see a doctor to stop the bleeding.
TinaR10, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
mcjsmith added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
TinaR10 9 days to I see my baby aga... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals