Extremely itchy, dry, cracked perineum and outter vagina

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I'm going to mention all things leading up to this they may or may not have any signifigance. I am an active 27 year old woman pregnant with fourth child, I eat well, excersise etc, and am in great shape. I shower twice daily. no family history of serious illness. July 2009 gave birth to third child, no difficulites. In the winter of 2009 I slipped and hurt my taibone months of pain, and still some tenderness after long periods of activity or sitting, was still in pain when vaginal sympotms began. (possibly tissue damage?). In April of 2010 I had a terrible sinus infection and was treated with antibiotics. My once perfect skin turned acne ridden (which has now cleared up since washing with cod liver oil) and extreme hair growth on face. mentioned both, was offered to try a water pill declined and continued on with hair removal treatments. In may of 2010 the day before I had my IUD inserted I noticed mild vaginal irritation. At my appt. I mentioned this, the IUD was put into place and I was given one oral treatment for yeast. I now have horrible pain. My skin surrounding my vagina and anus is now red, swollen, torn, and most times feels horribly dry, but most everything lubricating irritates it furthur.  I have been treated several times for vaginal yeast, with several different creams, only temporary relief. I have had my thyroid checked, I have had my blood sugar checked, full pap std check etc. had a uterine ultrasound done..nothing abnormal. Had the IUD removed in hopes it would get better, no such luck. I am pregnant again and the pressure of the growing baby is causing even furthur discomfort on my vagina. The only relief I find is baking soda baths, or a baking soda douch (I know douching is discouraged, but it's the only relief I have found) I have found that ever since I started this method my vaginal secretions are no longer causing my skin or my husbands skin irritation it was so acidic, it actually smelled of a copper penny to me and left us both itching.. I cannot afford any more doctor visits at this time, as I am self employed and uninsured..I want to go back with ideas to offer to them in hopes of a solution instead of more money, time and hope wasted. I have considered an allergy test, to rule out food allergies as I have noticed increase in all over body itchyness after consuming alcohol (wine especially) coffee, to much sugar, carbs etc. usually followed by headaches and extreme inner ear itching. I can handle all of that, it is the down there itch that is driving me insane. There is pretty much nothing I haven't tried....cotton underware, change of laundry soap, and can't tell you what creams, ointments and natural methods I haven't tried.. As of tomorrow, I am going to try and do a peri wash after using the restroom only no tp and pat dry, not wash my hair in the shower as to allow the products to irritate the area furthur. Also considering resuming my low acid diet in hopes that maybe I am simply to acidic....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same itching, dry cracked skin issue. I am currently breastfeeding and had the same issue when breastfeeding my older son. It seems to go away after I stop lactating. Have you found any causes or relief?
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals