Extremely itchy labia near vagina, no discharge
Ok, so I've been putting up with on again, off again itching for months on my labia, near my vaginal opening. Never "diagnosed" with HPV but I did get rid of a suspected wart this past year. Can you have a bacterial infection without discharge? It drives me CRAZY sometimes, the only thing that calms it is gold bond ointment, which is minty and refreshing but I'd like no itch. No "rash" that I can see, unless I give in and scratch. I take cranberry supplements to keep me flushed out for a UTI, which I was treated for last year. My doctor is unsupportive, and unhelpful-told me was due to regrowth from not getting waxed. I just want some facts to arm myself with before trying the doc (new doc) office again.

Any suggestions?? All you cooch experts feel free to speculate.
ive had bv twice it was always accompanied w/ discharge, but no itching. sometimes a yeast infection can occour on the outside and cause a rash and of course itch! but hey, im no "cooch" expert!lol
Yeah. Well that's what I hope-related to some kind of yeast thing, and not HPV-which would mean I have to wait until it runs it's course with me. My doctor actually told me to stick with the gold bond if it works, but that's treating the symptoms...sigh. I just had a run of anti biotics after a surgery, wouldn't that take care of any kind of BI/yeast/uti??
antibiotics that are prescribed spec. 4 bv will only treat bv diffrent antibiotics only work for the ailment theyre prescribed 4 however ant/bio will alot of times cause a yeast infection. they even cause a yeast infection in my mouth sometimes!
It sounds to me like you have a yeast infection and its a good probability its from the antiobiotics.  Antibiotics kill off the good and bad bacteria and when the good bacteria aren't there yeast can thrive.  Go to the store and pick up monistat (at least the 5 or 7 day one) or give a call into your doc for diflucan.
Ok, except that I've had it longer than the anti biotics..
Beleive it or not, what soothes it is an orgasm? Weird....
it may just be dry. i'm no doc., but just try this. it workes for me. wet a warm wash cloth - put it in between your legs tonight and go to sleep. Let me know if it feels better in the morning. I don't know what it is, what causes it or anything like that. it's just what i do and it workd.
Ask doctor about Lichen Sclerosis. I found out I had it after years ofd the same thing. Never heard of it or knew about it. Look it up on the web and see if you have some other symptoms!
Also check out vulvodynia. Some women state that itching was one of the main symptoms that they started with.  If you suspect yeast at all from the taking the antibiotics, I really recommend getting a swab cultured first. If you go and start treating yourself without a diagnosis, this could really lead to a life of pain and discomfort.  Those treatments are harsh and cause destruction of sensitive tissues. Constant irritation can and does lead to painful vulvar symptoms.
I don't really suspect yeast, but I will go to the doctor and get cultures done, and post any results on here. The vulvodynia stuff was interesting, I will mention it as well except I don't have pain, just itching-from the entrance (but not in) of the vagina down towards the anus.
What ever happened with this?  I too have the exact same thing.  I have experienced yeast infections before and this seems different.  I have no discharge, just itching and a little burning (probably from scratching).  It started at my anus, I think?  I'm trying to think what I have done differently?  I'm not going to the doctor unless I have to.  They are usually a waste of my $.
I am having the same symptoms, and I am currently taking an antibiotic - I am not having any discharge or abnormal smells, just the crazy itching & the burning from the scratching.  Please tell us what you've discovered!
did you ever find anything out?
I have this as well... Its random ithching. Just whenever it wants to come around.  Sometimes after I pee it feels like it may be a UTI. Although I got MORE antibiotics for that and it didn't help. The doctor gave me a pill before ands after my antibiotic treatments just to make sure the "yeast" would go away but it didn't.  Look up thrush and see if these are the same symptoms you all are having. This could be the answer.
I also have extreme itching around my vaginal area.  I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a yeast infection.  The doctor prescribed divulcan, but I still have the itch.  I can't sleep at night because of the itching.  Is there anything over the counter that will help allieviate this torture.  
I have the same situation.  It started a little while after I gave birth.  It is only an itchy inner labia.  No other side affects.  I was tested for a yeast and bacteria infections.  My ob-gyn has no clue (I went to 2).  It comes and goes and is itchy!!  I can not figure this out!!!
Oh wow!!  This is just crazy.  I'm having the same thing.  JUST ITCHING!!  Why can't any doctor figure this out and help us.  It seems like it should be easy to diagnose.  I've been to my OBGYN twice with no success from the creams he gave me, including estrogen cream.  I'm so frustrated I either want to go to another doc or not go back at all.
I am having the same thing now.  My boyfriend and I had sex yesterday and I, almost instantly, started having this water-like substance (no odor), come out of me.  Along with a serious uncomfortable itch.  At first I thought that the sex may have been too rough, or a weird angle or something and I just irritated myself.  I managed to get 2 1/2 or so hours of sleep last night because the itch is so unbearable.  But now the next day, the watery substance is gone, but the irritation is more prominent.  I've had yeast infections before, so I'm positive this isn't one.  And the boy and I are both monogomous and have been together for 2 years.  I have no symptoms other than the itch.  And it doesn't even burn when I pee.  I'm seriously at a loss, and cannot find anything online to help.
I've just begun to have these symptoms 1 week ago. The itching is only at night though... it begins at around 8pm every night, and there is little to no itching in the day. I have also had yeast infections before and this is definitely not one. I am also in a monogamous relationship so STD's are out of the question.

I haven't called my doctor yet but I have been using hydrocortisone cream and it is a God send. It really helps me move on and be productive and sleep and such.

Recent changes in my life: 2 weeks ago I started Wellbutrin, 6 weeks ago I got a hormonal IUD put in- I wonder if this is a side effect of either? With the IUD situation, I was on my period for about 5 weeks and pretty much right after I stopped my period the itching began...
ok, my itch started in the anal area about a week ago. now, that's subsided and the itch is now outside the vaginal area. like the other comment before, an orgasm relieves it! the itch occurs before going to sleep and then in the middle of the night. there is no odor, no burn, no discharge - just severe itching. my doctor did tests - no yeast. she suggested it may be PINWORMS. apparently, the worms hatch eggs at night, that's why it's so damn itchy. and they can crawl up from the anus to the vagina.