Extremely itchy labia near vagina, no discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion works for me....itch relief all day....then wash at night n re-apply....perfect night sleep...

Hope u guys feel better.
Hey Ladies. For the last 2 years i have been suffering from a severely itchy vagina, i scratched so much that i tore and the iching really grated on my nerves it wasnt just an itch there was also an annoying irritation that made me flinch, but the relief was so much so that i couldnt stop scratchin, i bled often where i'd scratched my skin and the pain after was excruciating and to urinate was even more painful. After numerous trips to the doctors i was always diagnosed with thrush or other yeast infections so i bought the relevant creams and it just made it a whole lot worse....Eventually i was diagnosed with vaginal eczema and now i use E45 bath oil but i cant use the lotion because it still itches so i use Oilatum lotion which seems to help but the ultimate life saver for me was using Betnovate ointment and if i did have an itchy episode and found myself bleeding i used Germoline which is the absolute best itch relief and prevents infection it also has a local anasthetic. I no longer itch at all but if i do again some day i know exactly what to use...ps also use had sanitizer every time u scratch to kill all germ. :) I'm happy to say i am finally free!!!!
where do you get E45 Bath oil or the other products you mentioned?
Ladies, I too have suffered from some serious vaginal itching . I thought I was the only one until I came across this forum. So I did as someone on this forum suggested and started drinking coconut water and wash with Lactacyd feminine daily wash and it has help tremendously. I went a step further and applied organic extra virgin coconut oil down there where it itched and hurt. It felt so good and immediately stopped the itching. I had to keep applying it each time after I went to the bathroom (also don't wipe, dab) but eventually (about a week it had stopped itching completely).  I bought both the Lactacyd and the extra virgin coconut oil from Amazon and the coconut water I bought from Whole Foods in town but you can also buy that on Amazon.  I also bought the book coconut cures and it is amazing what that stuff can do. I hope this will help all of you as much as it has me.
Hi ladies. I'm a fourteen year old victim of this horrible itching. I just can't take it anymore. The skin around my vagina is white and dry from itching harshly, but I just can't fix it no matter how many antibacterial soaps and relef lotions I use:/ its embarrassing in school to keep moving in my chair so much because of the itch. I can't keep locking myself in my bathroom or bedroom anymore. This is taking over my life! When I itch one side of the vagina, I end up having to itch the other, and then masturbating. The sad thing is that I have to sleep with no pants or undies:( sometimes I wake up with none on, assuming that i automatically removed them in my sleep just to scratch uncontrollably. I can't talk to my mom about it because its way too embarrassing. It hurts and I'm scared....what do I do?!?!?
I've had the dreaded itch for 18 months now and have done the rounds of OBGYN's, used every cream known to man (except one) and nothing seems to clear it up.  My doctor told me today, to stop using all the hydrocortisone cream and the Canesteen (sorry, I don't know its equivalent in USA) and to get a Zinc Oxide cream to use as a barrier.  I'll start that tonight and let you know how I go.  She also did a biopsy and I get the results on Saturday.  She doesn't think its cancer but there's always a chance.  The main message is, all the other creams and lotions are not helping and in fact, may be exacerbating the problem.  
I was diagnosed with Vaginal Atrophy. I went on a week long trip and forgot my estrogen pills, but had my cream. I did start to itch a bit, so I used more cream hoping my body would absorb what it wasn't getting by mouth. All went fine and I am back home now and back on my pills. I use the vaginal cream internally twice a week. So for me it must have been or is a post-menapausel problem.

Im 50 yrs old and I have suffered from this itch for 9 years on my Labia (vagina lips :-) and I tried all kinds of home remedies yes even the coconut oil ;)  Finally 2 yrs ago I went to see a female specialist in Allery Immu her name is Evelyn Tolston she works out of NY & NJ.  For me it's because my body is changing and it's producing allot of yeast and for those of you who still get Menstrual your body releases toxics that can cause itching. Dermatitis is the medical terminology name and she prescribed Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP.  This works instantly!!  Never again do I suffer from this terrible itch I use to wake up in the middle of the night with blood on my finger nail, when I shower the water would burn..NO MORE you must watch your intake what you eat too.  Wine, Chocolate Bread, Pizza anything with Yeast eat it once a week...Good luck to all of you because I know 1st hand how miserable this can make someone!!!!

I’m 50 yrs old and I have suffered from this itch for 9 years on my Labia (vagina lips :-) no discharge of any kind and it was only on that one spot. I tried all kinds of home remedies yes even the coconut oil ;)  doctors gave me all kind of cream, ointments and finally in 2006 I went to see a female specialist in the Allergy Immu field, her name is Evelyn Tolston she works out of NY & NJ.  My itch came about  because my body is changing and it's producing allot of yeast and for those of you who still get Menstrual every month your body releases toxics that can cause itching. Dermatitis is the medical terminology name for what I have and she prescribed “Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP”.  This works instantly!!  Never again did I suffer from this terrible itch. I use to wake up in the middle of the night with blood on my finger nail because I scratched while I slept when I shower the water would burn so bad. You must watch your Yeast  intake and watch what you eat.  Wine, Chocolate Bread, Pizza anything with Yeast eat it once a week...Good luck to all of you because I know 1st hand how miserable and crazy this can make someone!!!!
Day 2 of Zinc barrier cream - so far, so good - no itching at all.  I've got everything crossed. This is the first relief I've had for 18 months. :)
I, too, am surprised and relieved to hear that this problem is more common than I thought. I've also asked my doctor about this to no avail. Yeast comes back negative. I've had it for about 8 years, since around age 46. Started with my left labia only, for years, then around menopause (53) it also affected the right and finally reached the clitoris, which doesn't do anything for my sex life. In fact, the clit will get very hard, swollen and tender. I'm afraid that the more I itch, the worse it gets, the more I itch, the more scar tissue I build up, the more I damage nerve endings, etc, etc. It's a very frustrating problem. I do believe that lessening my sugar intake and uping my water intake helps. The heat from a warm bed makes things much worse - sometimes in the middle of the night I will have to get up and put ice cubes on my labia to cool it off enough for the itch to reside somewhat. I can now wake myself up at night enough to realize when I'm scratching and with slow, deep conscious breathing I can resist until it subsides - it takes conscious effort! Because, as we all know, itching only makes it MUCH WORSE! I tried vit E oil, to no avail. I don't wash there with soap or anything else. I wear cotton panties, I sleep in the buff, I use unscented TP, I do use unscented baby wipes (Kirkland brand) to cleanse. This has been going on for so long that I'm afraid It won't ever go away. It just seems to spread and get worse. Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions. I will try them to see if anything works and let you know. I am going to start keeping a food diary while laying off sugar, white flour products like breads, pizza, etc, and trying to drink much more water. Also no beer or sugared mixed drinks (like margaritas, my fav) and only 1 small glass of red wine at night. I will also try the coconut oil, coconut water, vinegar, and a natural diaper cream to see if that helps. If I add one at a time while also keeping a diary it might give some insight. Good luck to us all!
Things have been going smoothly, but I've noticed sex without condoms makes me itch all night. Last night I was up several times washing with vinegar and water for relief. So we will try condoms next or I will get some vinegar douche, which my nurse practioner says is ok to use occasionally.
My rash-very red almost purple-began about two moths ago. I never had anything like this! After reading how many women suffer with this, I decided to tell you what worked for me without seeing an MD(didn't seem to produce results with most of you anyway.) I believe mine started as a result of stress(husband illnesses and dogs' surgeries) plus too much bromine in the hot tub. I did not have a yeast problem. First thing I did was drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day to get my body's PH back to neutral. Also taking probiotics every other day and eating yogurt. Keep yourself clean by washing the area with Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. I mad a paste out of these ingredients and applied it 2-3x daily--BumBumBalm(www.dimpleskinsnaturals.com), Desonide cream(prescription anti-itch cream) (I suppose you could use an over-the-counter anti-itch cream too), diluted apple cider vinegar--one-half tsp,  Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing lotion, and one drop of organic 'Oreganol'  (P73) oil. Using the lid of the Bum Bum balm, mix it all up and apply. I reduced the amount of bromine in the hot tub too and stayed out of it for a week. All went very well and then it flared up again(another dog problem). I just stuck with my routine and it is almost cleared up now. Hope this helps
Ive posted before but i really need an answer!!! My labia has been swollen and gross for the past 10 months now. Will it be like this forever!!!!!!! i dont know what to do. If anyone ANYONE has any input it will be greatly appreciated. Please look for my earlier posts for the symptoms.PLEASE im freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!

Great informaion here:

http://www.mydr.com.au/womens-health/vulval-problems-a-self-help-guide

Good Luck :)
I cannot thank you enough for your information. I thought i had tried everything!!! I cant wait until this is over. Thank You:) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!! :)
:) You are very welcome. This information helped me to cure my problem, symptoms were much the same as most of the posts here about vulval problems. My Dr had to admit she just didnt know what to do next except for prescribing "more" antibiotics....no thanks.

Cured after a long time of suffering and soooooo relieved!!

Best of luck and I would love to know how you go.

Dee
Day 6 of the Zinc cream and no sign of the itch.  I'm so happy with the results.  Could someone please try it and advise whether it works for them too?
Oh I am not alone... it is so depressing... and embarrassing...I visited the gynae today... she didnt take me serious at all... now I must try find my own cure...thanks so much for all your comments... and information. Bless you all
Hi antmeal.  

I have not been able to find zinc barrier cream so i found a diaper rash cream with 40% zinc.   i hate that it seems so hard to clean off, but it does take away the itch...  day one.  I will keep you posted.
I also feel the itch everytime the area gets wet. I've tried different kinds of feminine wash and also tried the betadine fem wash. the betadine was effective but only temporary. I also tried the vinegar thing but it just keeps getting back. sometimes while sleeping i can still feel the itch and wake up just to wash the area. I stopped using soap to wash the area because it makes the problem bigger. I will now try to search for ways to prevent my skin from becoming acidic because I feel like it's one of the best ways to stop the itch.

IF YOU HAVE OTHER WAYS TO PREVENT THE ITCH PLEASE POST IT IN THIS THREAD. thank you =))
hi everyone, im still so scared about having the itchiness around the tip of my vagina, im not sure what its called but i would want to say its in the vulva or clortras area? basically just at the tip of the vagina, not the inside....i've been having this itch for about 2-3 years now, from what i can remember. i have told my mom and she told me to use these wipes for discomforing or itchiness of the vagina. and i've began using them, they work somewhat but i would just like the itchiness to go away, completely. i have having to worry about scratching it.  sometimes i would even have some flares if thats what you would call them, it gets to a point where it gets so itchy that i have to scratch it, and i'll admit, dang it feels good but sometimes rubbing it or scratching it can cause small rips. i remember when i was younger it would itch alot and i would scratch it so bad that i would bleed a little. its so embarrassing to say but yeah. im so scared by the way, although its been happening for 2-3 years i am still scared. i think about it everyday, of what it could be, cancer? a disease? infection? incurable? but please please please reply if any of you guys have the same symptoms. i would talk to my family doctor about it, but i feel like he doesnt know anything, seriously.

please help. after reading so many blogs, i am terrified.
Hey there, not very many people stay scared after seeing lots of people with the same problem :) .... The reason it takes so long to find a cure is because everybody is different and so we are are not all tolerant or sensitive to the same treatments and  we seem to be suffering in a very sensitive area, because it is an embarracing problem it also takes longer for us to seek help. It seems to take forever to try and eliminate the problem because we have to tick off everything that it is not in order to find out what it is so im sure we'll get there...in the end :)
I have had this itch, i think around the 7th grade. I know it’s been around 4 to 5 years and it’s just horrible. I am at the moment 16 and going to turn 17 soon. I was so happy that I found this site last night. I can’t talk to my mom or my sister about it because it is very embarrassing. I hate having to try and not itch during class and wait till I can run to the nearest bathroom. I haven’t told my boyfriend about it because, once again, I’m extremely embarrassed. I know for a fact that I didn’t get it from having sex because guess what? Haven’t done that yet. Anyways I haven’t even been to the doctor or even have a doctor.
I have begun washing my underwear separately from my close. When I wash my underwear I put the laundry detergents in still but I don’t put in the fabric softener because I found that it makes me incredibly itchy. I am now going to try and wash my underwear without the laundry divergent because this is getting so ridiculous. I mean, I don’t fell itchy the entire day. I do randomly and sometimes it’s just baaaad.
When I am very distracted, I don’t feel itchy. Sometimes I won’t feel itchy all day except at night. I know that there are all of these diseases out there but most of them are from physical contact with your partner. The only closest contact I have had down there really is my underwear. Sometimes, me and my sister share underwear so maybe I got something from her? But if I didn’t and she is wearing my underwear, how does she not have what I have? At the moment, we have not been sharing them. Anyway, as far as I have read through the comments, coconut water seems to work and the oil. Maybe I’ll try that.
My question to you all would be what should I do sense I’m so embarrassed about it? I don’t know what to do..
For myself I did the Apple Cider Vinegar wash ! part vinegar to 2 parts water ( I also wash my pets down with this on a cloth, I used diaper rash and zinc cream, it did help the itch but wasn't a cure.
For me (56) post menapausel for years it seems it is Vaginal Atrphy. Evertime I start to itch and use the prescription estrogen inside (1gram twice a week) it stops.My retired nurse practitioner diagnosed me over the phone and then I saw another one and told her. WE tried it and it works for me.
You can purchase boric acid from the pharmacy.  You have to tell them you want to order it if they don't have it in stock.  You are to apply this to the outside of your vagina about every four hours and it is supposed to relieve the itching.
Ok this is probably going to sound weird but it works. I am 30yrs old and have had a horrible itching problem for a year now. I have gone to quite a few Ob/Gyn's to no avail. They're stumped, all tests come back neg. If I scratch at all my entire vag becomes red, swollen, and then cracks. I haven't been able to find anything to keep it from coming back, but I have found a way to get rid of it for a while anyway. I have been using Noxema. Completely weird I know, but I got desperate and all the other non soap cleanser's hurt. I use it in the shower every day now, it feels like a daily douche. If I miss a day though the itch comes back, but the great thing about the Noxema is even when my vag is terribly swollen and hurts like hell the Noxema takes the itch and pain away. It stings for about a moment then feels cool(cold cool) just like it does on your face. I use about the same amount I use on my face, and make sure it's on before I start on the rest of my body so it can stay on vag for about 3mins,not my face tho, always wash face first, people with herpes note that herpes can go into your eyes and cause you to become blind from the sores that will appear there, so if you have herpes do not wash your face after touching your vagina or other affected areas. Another cool thing about the Noxema trick, I gave some to a friend who had a very bad smell that doctors couldn't help her with and she's been using it for about a week now with no smell!
hi, thank you for responding, yes it does scare me when i  think about it, and when it starts to itch, but you know thank you for responding, and if you are also suffereing this itchiness, i hope we all come through in the end, :) i really appriciate it :DD
you just made my day :D
Awww, im glad i made your day! I figure that the more scared we get the more stressed we get and that doesnt help and makes us more miserable, this is what i do, I take a hayfever tablet every 4 hours, I use petroleum jelly down there and after 6 house i wash with e45 bath oil, then pat dry with a clean towel and put Betnovate steroid ointment on and every 6 to 8 hours i wash and alternate the treatments, i have cut out the sugar i no longer need in my diet and limit alcohol to once a week, it sounds like alot but boy is it worth it, i feel loads better :)
I agree, this link has alleviated my symptoms greatly.  Check it out and follow closely:  http://www.mydr.com.au/womens-health/vulval-problems-a-self-help-guide

I have had this problem for almost a year and a half now. I notice that I get very itchy toward the afternoon and bed time. I am in high school and I have read that the other youngers posters here get itchy during class and have to run to the bathroom. (SAME PROBLEM HERE). its very embarrassing. I started experiencing the itchiness after about 2-3 months after I started having sex with my boyfriend. I am on birth control and I have heard that it can lead to a weaker immunity system so that may be part of the problem. I have went to a sexual health doctor (OB-GYN) and she diagnosed me with BV(bacterial vaginosis) and I went on anti-biotics for that. Which only got rid of the occasional white frothy discharge. But the itching has stayed! It recently has gotten way worse than normal and I find myself scratching until I bleed, and I end up getting scabs on my vulva and labia and it is incredibly disgusting. I have heard about the bactine, oils and ointments. Please tell me what REALLY WORKS to relieve the itching and what can GET RID OF THE DAMN thing??
hi,
     Try using witch hazel after you pee twice daily, also try not wearing panties and keep the hairs short if possible no hair and exfoliate the skin to keep from getting ingrown hairs. what I do for great soft moisturizing skin is apply oil (olive oil) but you can use whatever you like....step outside from the shower for a min apply oil then step back in the shower to rinse of extra oil use warm water or hot water...when showering.....if you have dry skin use warm to luke  warm water
I am at this moment writing with an extreme intense severe itching burning down there. My vulva's skin looks like a potatoes bag for how much i've been scratching it. Today  I think I put at least 10 iced bags on it. Which works for a few.  I've been suffering about this since 3 years already but it s getting worse. tried many creams and  ointments meds prescribed by my Obgyn and my dermatologist since many years. it still there and I cannot take it anymore. It's burning, swelling, I cannot even walk properly..it is a horrible sensation, this is the most sensitive part of your female body! And yet your hubby still don't care other than sex. I do suffer of contact dermatitis and I was treated very nice about it, the meds in other areas worked fine but not there. I scheduled another dermatologist's appointment for a full patch allergy test. Hoping they will find what's wrong. Any ideas??? Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
hi,
i am 8 weeks pregnant and started having extremely red, itchy labia starting about 6 days ago.  it was consuming all my thoughts and actually bothered my sleep! last night i decided to try my son's diaper rash cream.  it worked!  the redness isn't gone, but the itchiness is!!!  i am hoping the redness goes away in a couple of days.  the cream does come off with wiping so i am patting more than wiping.  it seems that morning and night applications are fine so no need to reapply during the day.  the cream i used is called Boudreaux's All natural butt paste.  i hope this helps someone!  good luck.
I have been itchy down there for over 6 years and it was driving me insane!! After much internet research, I have changed my diet to a more alkaline diet and happy to say after 6 weeks I no longer have an itch and the redness and swelling is gone!  I drink lots and lots of lemon water, (not lemonade), just a squeeze of lemon juice in a glass of water. I drink it all day and through a straw as the acid in lemons can be bad for your teeth. A western diet is bad for your body. Too much of the bad foods make your body acidic. Eat mostly alkaline foods and rebalance your body! Cancers also can not survive in an alkaline body!
So do your research and find out what foods are alkaline, and drink lots of lemon water
I'm sure your itch will go away too!
Hi there, If you suffer with contact dermatitus then maybe you could ask your doctor to prescribe you with an ointment called betnovate It is very good and worked for me when i suffered with severe vaginal itching, i used it every 6 hours and inbetween i used petroleum jelly whilst taking hayfever tablets to relieve the swelling and itching...I am happy to say that it works a treat. Hope this helps :)
Eureka!  I am 59 years old and have suffered from a serious itchy vagina for almost 3 months.  I’ve tried apple cider vinegar, plain yoghurt, ti-tree oil, Epsom salt, Bi-Carb Soda (baking soda), and fresh noni juice, but all to no avail.  Out of my desperation to get rid of the horrible itch, I tried my homemade/handmade natural moisturising cream which I make for myself /family and friends.  It worked wonders for me!  The cream contains macademia oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, beeswax, and pure essential oils of lavender and rose otto (no preservatives).  Although I’ve discovered the itch buster, I still watch my sugar intake and I only wash that area with boiled filtered water (no soap).
every time I get my period I will take out my tampon and when I do the itch is so irritatiing that I scratch, then I scratch some more, and more and then my vaginal lips get so red and swollen and it hurts to urinate, but it only happens when I get my period. My period is also irregular and I am a virgin so I do not know if that could be the cause or if it even matters. I just need relief because I'm afraid that I will go as far as making myself bleed because the scraching relieves the pain so much, but the consequences are painful! HELP!
Hello, I found out my problem.....VAGINAL SCAR TISSUE.:( I dont know how to tell my mother. It is not because of sex because i am a virgin and i think it might have been my itching that caused the problem:( Is that Rare ????? When i had a yeast infection i itched a lot and i guess once it starts there is no way of getting rid of it without surgery. Im really bummed out because i have no idea how to tell my mom because people get this when they have sex or have giving birth. Its really embarrassing. If you have any adive PLEASE let me know. This sight has helped me so much:) Thanks
Wow - this is a long thread. Well I have had this problem since after my first pregnancy - it's been like 12 years now. I always get it a few days before my period - sometimes it's not so bad, but other times it's really intense. No discharge or smell or anything but incredible itchy and burning sensation. It usually goes away right after my period starts. It seems the vaginal blood "cures" it. I use Tea Tree oil and sometimes Noxema, but the best thing I found is rx'd by my doc - Ketoconazole cream 2%. I think it's hormonal and related to taking in to much sugar, alcohol, or caffeine. My Ob/gyn BTW has never been very helpful. I finally went back to my family doc (who's a female) and she said it's common and no one knows exactly what causes it. I have considered that it might be my laundry soap, too. I switch around from different products and don't seem to have as much of a problem when I use detergent without perfumes.
Hello, I found out my problem.....VAGINAL SCAR TISSUE.:( I dont know how to tell my mother. It is not because of sex because i am a virgin and i think it might have been my itching that caused the problem:( Is that Rare ????? When i had a yeast infection i itched a lot and i guess once it starts there is no way of getting rid of it without surgery. Im really bummed out because i have no idea how to tell my mom because people get this when they have sex or have giving birth. Its really embarrassing. If you have any adive PLEASE let me know. This sight has helped me so much:) Thanks sorry i posted this again:(
Sounds like lichen sclerosis
Hi everyone,
I recently been having an itchy vagina. The itch isn't that aggressive like it is bearable but i do notice its there. At times its fine but then at other times it is really itchy. The last time i had sex or any oral was about a week and half ago and then about a few days after having sex i got my period and after getting off my period this itching came! what is it!? It is very annoying and I am just scared it might get worse. I don't think its an std or anything since i do safe sex. Also i did examine my vagina and no bumps or anything no smelly/ clumpy discharge it is just itchy! and i just want to know what it is and how to get rid of it! Also is there anything that I can pick up from a drugstore or anything to help with this itching?
helllllppp pllleaseee!
I finished chemo a few months ago and about 1 month after my last chemo treatment I started with a rash under my breasts, underarms, crotch, back of my knees. It all went away after about 2 months except the rash in my crotch area. It then moved towards my genital area and the incredible itch feeling and bumps started and spread across the whole area. I have been waking up at night and washing the area. I have tried the treatments my doctor advised which were hydrocortisone and or vasaline. I changed my soap then no soap. I have tried much of what has been mentioned. Recently, after feeling like I could not possibly stand the itching anymore, I sprayed some Solarcaine Aloe on my finger and gently rubbed it on the affected area. It is the first relief I have had since this started. I will be going to the health food store to see about getting some aloe vera and I am also going to dramatically reduce my bread and sugar intake and increase my water as suggested as it sounds like good advice. I hope this helps someone out there too.
classic yeast symptoms. may need an prescription oral antifungal like diflucan, prescription Nystatin cream, or OTC miconizole. You may benfit from an oral dosing of nystatin (swish and swallow) to treat any yeast (thrush) in your mouth, throat, or GI tract.
I suffered for over a year with all of the symptoms all of you have discussed. i went to the dr. several tiimes and got so many different answers and i was at the end of my rope. i found this site and i tried several of the suggestionss posted. bleach in the tub really worked. now let me tell you why.

i was seeing another dr. that was treating me for something else and he did a fecal sample for parasites nd what was causing the problem was pinworm. they say over 40,000,000 americans have it. it is a parasite that usually affects children, but it can be eassy to get. you can look that up. pinworms live in the intestinal tract, but the females come out of the anus at night and lay eggs. the pinworms at full growth are smaller than an inch and look like sting, but i never saw it in my stool. when the eggs are laid they are microscopic and they are what causes the itching. with women it is worse because they can also get into the vagina and urinary tract and they come out to lay eggs on the labia and cause the
this is what causes the major itching. mine started after using hemrhoid medication. the itching was so bad that i couldnt stand it. i tried everythiing.

now let me tell you how to get tested and treat it. there are 2 ways to test for pinworm. the fecal test is great because  they can test for all parasites, but i am unsure if insurance pays for this because i found outt from a holistic dr. and i paid cash. most drs. will tell you to not clean or wipe the area before going to the dr. (so the eggs will be there) and they take a piece of clear tape and put it over the area and look at it under a microscope. insist on this test and if your dr. wont do it find another one. after i got the results i took 1 prescription pill and w/in a day it was much better & gone in 3 days. they  usually give a refill to take 2 weeks later in case any eggs hatch. the dr. i saw said he preferred the script over the otc treatment because it is much more effective, but if you dont have insurance its better than nothing. be sure to
To ask anyone living in the house if they have symptoms. i read if you want to check your child to wait until they have been asleep for a bit and you can take a flashlight and look and you will see the mature worms around the anus.  read up on how to wash clothes, sheets, & clean so they wont come back. eggs can live up to 3 weeks w/out a host. i hope this helps some of you. i know how relieved i was when i had to only take 2 pills. i apologize for not using proper grammer, but i am doing this from my cell. if anyone needs any other info feel free to call me @ 813-441-2477. i truly hope this helps some of you.
Hi everyone,
29 year old female here.. I just wanted to comment because I feel your pain and this forum and several others helped me try to figure out the cause of my itch. Just to begin I have been tested for everything.. vaginal culture, stds, you name it! I was freaking out! My doctor (OBGYN) had no answers and kept saying "everything is normal". I knew better..

My mother is a registered nurse and I happened to mention that my ear hurt and she asked if I was having an allergic reaction to something.. apparently this happened to me as a kid when I was having a reaction. She asked me to think if I had eaten anything out of the ordinary... I am lactose intolerant (at least I thought I was) and decided to start drinking lactaid after staying away from milk for 14+ years. I realized that I had been drinking milk for 3 MONTHS!!! Same amount as time as when the itch started!!

Ladies I am ITCH FREE! If you have ruled out infections and STDS..think think THINK about what has changed since the itch showed up. We are so fragile as humans and a little thing can change our chemistry. I am so grateful to my mother.. the ear ache is gone too. I wish you all good luck as you try to figure out the cause.
AM 17yrs old and i have this mad *** so called vagina itch i really do not know what to do i have not gone by the doctor yet since am embarassed of the situation i think i will loose my mind cause this itch is unbearable please help me tell me what i can use o do to reduce o stop the itch before i tell my mom etc
please please help me! im 16 and i've had an itchy vagina for about a year now! i've tried many creams but none seem to work, i havent gone to the doctor because im too nervous for that. but i really need to sort it out! ive also noticed that its starting to smell down there too now, im getting worried that people can notice so please help me anything will be much appreciated! thankyou
Hi ladies, i feel bad for you girls with this for years, i dont know how i would cope.
I'm 14 and my vagina has been really really freaking itchy for like five days or something. i thought i had a UTI but the symptoms didnt really fit, then i thought i might have thrush or something but i have no discharge. The itch is really bad and sort of burning. I cant stop itching and it really hurts. Sometimes i put moisturiser on it but nothing seems to work. I shaved down there recently so that might be it, but its not itchy on the parts i actually shaved. I'm so confused i dont know what it is.
Its also annoying because i cant masturbate, everytime i touch my vagina it immediatly gets really itchy and then i cant stop itching. I have a girlfriend and she cant finger me or go down on me anymore, we still have fun together and i love pleasing her but i'm really horny.
Please help, all i want is a couple of diagnoses or something. i dont want to go to the doctor because i dont know what happens when you go for an itchy vagina.
its really frustrating.
Hello, I've had this itchy, burning feeling and bumps on my labia for a little over a month now... The doctor told me that is was from "shaving", that's why my skin is so irritated but it's only on the right side. I get really zoned out when I scratch because it feels so good that I can't stop! It drives me crazy and I've woken up in the morning with my hand in my panties and blood everywhere because I had torn my skin. Not only the labia is itchy, my clitoris and anus get extremely itchy too! My doctor told me that I have a small "cut" on my anus (it split open while having a bowel movement) but what can cause the clitoris to itch like that? I mean I can't do much about it or scratch it because that area is very delicate. Coming on this website was my last resort, my doctor doesn't seem to be very worried about it when I told her and showed her. I just don't feel like myself lately and when I go out in public I feel like everyone knows that I have it. Please help me I'm very desperate for answers! :'(
I drink 100% coconut drink, used Lactacyd femina daily protective wash, and Canesten HC cream. My itch gone. all the best for you all.
i am 24 years old and this 2 month i suffer from vagina itch and my butt also get itchy! and both always itch at night ! somebody can help me? anybody has a cure for it ? i just cant stand it anymore ! HELP ME !
what about savlon? does Savlon work? anyone tried that? What if it goes up the vaginal passage way? do you think it would affect me?
Hello itchy friends :(   I'm 42 and had this itch 2 years ago.  The antifungal cream canesten doesn't help, it even gave me a bad reaction on my back and lower rib cage.  My itch is on the left outer labia and right.  It is not the V area ([pubis) but just the 2 area which is when you are standing is basically between your legs.  The outer / majora and area is bald now :(  but after not putting any cream, little wispy hairs start to grow :)  ... Someone said alkali diet, will try that tomorrow.  I had a massive mental itch last night, I drank 2 glasses of coke, 2 donuts, nachos and bread.  They are sugary foods and bread is with yeast, so this is all food related.  I will post more when I find a cure.  It helps to wash tepid H20 when it starts to each and I fan it to dry.  I take 20 deep breathing (to balance stress of scratching).  It only itches at night and at times I dig my nails like when your tapping fingernails on the table.  Please do not scratch (hard to say as at times it's soothing) but will bleed and scab and flake. I learned my lesson as it itchess so bad hwen hairs are starting to grow back but yeast in blood is the culprit.  Even if one has no discharge, sugary food triggers the dreaded itch.  This is all food related, I have not been to the doctor and they do not know coz they do not have the symptoms.  I will pray for all of us to be healed, this can't go on forever.  
Try a jock itch creme. Sounds crazy, but it works. Lotrimin ultra works, two to three times a day. I know directions say once a day, but for really bad, two to three times. Within days you should notice a difference, and in a week completely gone. A pharmacist gave the advice and it was the best. According to Dr. Oz women can pick up bacteria just the same as men, if not from the man in her life. This creme works wonders.
i am 19 years old, I dont seem to have much red-ness or burning, But i have a very uncomfortable itchy feeling right before the entrance of my vagina hole, When i tried to douche to get it to feel better it only made it itch more... What can i buy that is cheap and discreet so that i can get rid of this, it is making me feel bloated as well :/ please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:]
My teenage daughter was suffering from this issue as well. I reminded her to wipe front to back. NEVER wipe back and then front, that bacteria causes itching too. My daughter starting wiping front and then back...has not itched since. Just another thought that might help some. Good luck.

a bunch of people have posted this site - if you haven't read it yet - do it! ive been using cortizone ointment, not cream, for the past month and the itch is almost totally gone. it talks about it being a dermatological problem, rather than a gynaecological one. check it out - good advice!
Hello everyone. I had this problem too. The best thing i found is a fungi soap called fungicure. Its for jock itch but It really works.
I seem to have found a cure after more than 6 months of discomfort and trying a few treatments,  the last one being a course of estrogen cream inserted deep into vagina. I had to get some cream for a small area of dermatitis on my finger and the doctor suggested I tried it for the itch. After using it for only 4 days I was finally able to get some sleep. It is Diprosone ointment, not cream as the ointment is thicker and stickier. Hope someone else can benefit
I'm 13, and has had this itch for about three days... but it all start the day after i used a gas station restroom... do i have an STD??!?!?!
I am also pregnant and my problems were very subtle before but got so much worse when I got pregnant. I have been itching  for months. It leads to ripped skin and waking up in the night.( I also have a increase of discharge and need to change my underwear a few times a day! But I am too dry for sexual intercourse with my husband) I have been trying to wash myself with a warm cloth and it doesn't really work. I thin i am going to try 100% cotton underwear and the baby cream and hope it work. I am going nuts! I cant even have sex with my husband I am too dry and soar and itchy. I can't stand it anymore and the more i read here the more it seems talking to a doctor is pointless! I need it to go away I am thinking that i need to shave et rid of the hair although that is getting very difficult as my belly gets bigger and bigger. I also feel i may need a labia reduction surgery to try and decrease the amount of friction and rubbing... I am going nuts I need it to stop one way r another! So glad I am not alone!
I'm 14 years old, and I've never had trouble with this before, but the past two days, my vagina lips have gotten extremely itchy all day, then around night time, they turn red and swell very bad, I'm terrified to tell my mom about it because its so embarrassing. I've been using some vagina itch cream we have under our cabinet, it helps with the itching, but the swelling takes 5+ hours to go down. I don't know what to do and I'm scared about why this is happening. If you can help me, please email me at luv_my_puppies***@**** immediately. Thank you so much.
about 2-3 weeks ago my itch got really bad, and i mean really BAD!! it got to the point where wen i got out of the shower i looked at the outter walls of my vagina because it was so itchy and irritating, and i looked and it was practically swollen! the outter walls were white and it looked like it was puffy as if there was puss in it and on top of that it looked like something had been eating at it, it only lookeed like that or something, prob my nails were leaving scratch marks, this had gotten outta hands and i was scared to death because i was researching about it online everywhere!! i was soo scared, like i've posted above before i know my doc wouldnt know wat to do so i told my mom and she signed me up to get a check up at my dads new doc.....i had to wait a week for my appointment and it was taking too long and i couldnt handle it anymore. i wanted to get checked asap before it got even worst so i told my mom and we couldnt meet up with the doc so they offered for me to see a nurse patrician so i agreeed and they met up with me asap......

i went in, told them all my symptoms, all the things ive tried using to cure it...the nurse patrician checked me, yes she checked my "you know wat" and said that i had a YEAST INFECTION! she prescribed for one pill, i forgot wat it was called but she only prescribed one of that kind of pill and a whole weeks worth or another pill x2 a day......

its been 3 weeks now and i dont want to jinx myself but its practically gone.....she said its due to weight gain and all my unhealthy sugary, salty, fastfoody, junkie food intake....she didnt tell me this but i already know, ima have to limit myself on all the sweets i eat.....so that this yeast infection does not come back.....now i just gotta get my irregular period checked up.....

so ladies, please do not hesitate to go get it checked up! there is nothing to be scared of, i know this from experience, i was scared and didnt know what to do but please i encourage you all to go get checked! its prob nothing serious.....if anything msg me :)

i wish you all the best of luck :) [areil5 i finally went to get checked up! you should too hun!]
OMG I thougt I was the only one... And thought I had some wierd disease but I am so happy to hear there is someone else that understands I thougt it was an allergy to the elastic in my panties because that's where I itch I have no discharge or odor just itching that drives me crazy I too am married for forever and rarely have sex due to hubbys kidney failure so I just can't figure it out I am going to try your suggestions but after reading them all I really feel like female jock itch might be the cause so I'm going to start there also mine does get worse when my cycle is going to start... Any clues, suggestions or information is greatly appreciated thank you so much ladies we may just figure this out yet!
I have had this severe itching for over 2 years now.  I have tried many creams from my doctor, coconut oil, everything and nothing works!!!   I am going crazy.  My husband hates it.  I hate it.  Please help!!!!!
I have this chronic itching too.  I found this very helpful article from the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics about chronic vaginal itching:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/obgyn/patedu/vulvarvaginaldisease/lichensimplex.html

Hi there, I'm glad all you had was a yeast infection, i was diagnosed with that so many times and spent so much money on medicines that just made it worse. I now know that i have eczema, and with petroleum jelly and a steroid cream called betonovate im practically cured thank God. I'm glad you're well too :)
YES EVERYONE! you CAN have a bacterial problem of the vagina without discharge or even smell. Sometimes the bacteria known as enterococcus (a common GI tract flora) will get transferred to the vagina by either a) intercourse, b) whipping the wrong way, c) poor hygiene etc. It requires an antibiotic such as penicillin for about 2 weeks to help resolve the infection. The symptoms for most people are just an itchy, irritated, swollen vagina and clit (sometimes anus too). Go see your OBGYN for diagnosis and treatment obviously!
my vag is very sore and looks red and itchy i had sex few days ago and i dont know wat to do....i cant go to a doctor because my mom would kill me...help
and also i dont know its sore red and everytime i like pee or something it hurts.. :( it itches terribly i need help i tried like getting it wet but i think that irritates it more i just dont know
the first thing I would do is change my GYN Doc, if she does not take you seriouse she is a waste of your time..
hi guys...i have had this itching for 5-6 years now. i am now 18. my situation is little different from most of you people.i have no bleeding,or whiteness,nor do i wake up in the middle of night but i have  extreme icthing all day long, contnuously.
I CANT EVEN WALK!!. its unbelievable...but when i move my labia get disturbed, that is the lips touch each other and the itch is excruciating. as a result i keep sitting or lying down. apart from this i have pain too.
moreover i have given my engg entrance exam this year and intend to join a college. with this situation i dont know wat to do ..please help
hey..banana222

instead of asking for advices frompeople on internet it is better you first tell your mother everything. look wat u  hav done to urself by not having any medication..ur itching has worsened. you HAVE TO consult a gynaecologist for this.
its not at all embarassing to tell your mother about this problem.  after all shes your mother, and the only person who can help you. please let her know wat you are suffering and make your mind lighter.

hey laurajean1991..
this is clarrysan here..

you seem to have the same problem i had a few years before. can you tell how long this has been. you seriously need to consult a gynaecologist before it turns into something cruel like my situation at present.

i am not scaring you..just warning you.

do reply
Hello girls, just started last week sometime with this itching on the left side of the labia,vagina. Went to the clinic and the doc saw a little irritation on the left and since I'm 60 yrs old said maybe it was the drying of the vagina. The pharmacist advised a sea salt bath then apply the lubricant, replens.  I've done this for a few days but today I still have the itch. I'm tempted to use the zinc oxide cream I have it in the form of Penaten cream for baby rash and itching etc. It's not funny. It itches if I sit the wrong way, sometime better when I stand up or lie down. I'll see if the cream works. I want to speak to my own doctor, as when I went to the clinic he was not there. Good luck to everyone, it's not funny.
Hello ladies.

I'm thankful for all these suggestions. I'm gonna try some of them and see if it helps my itching. I'm 20 years old and have been silent about it for about 8 years because I have been too embarrassed to tell my mother, but I can't take it anymore. I would've gone to one of those free clinics but i don't know if I have to give my health insurance and if that would appear in some sort of statement or something that my mom could know about. And i'm still a virgin but the thought of me having sex while still having a vaginal burning itch and redness is way more embarrassing. I'm gonna tell her to take me to the dermatologist instead of the OBGYN (less embarrassing and less suggestive of any sex related causes my mom could get paranoid about).

What i've found really useful in my research for a little relief when i've had intense itching on my vulva is using Aloe Vera with lidocaine gel that is used for sun burns. It's discreet and easy to find, unlike many oils and other stuff that i can't find so easily at my local walgreens.
Also, i've found that masturbating helps relieve the itch..but i think that's because the labias are usually dry and irritated when constantly itching and the natural lubrication released while masturbating soothes a bit.

Good luck to everyone!
Hi girlies, im 16 and im suffering from itching, i dont know what started it! I have safe sex with my boyfriend and i know je doesnt have any std's or sti's... i dont know whats wrong? i have had no funny discharge... no swelling or anything, just this stupid itch! i do shave all over and i was thining that this might be the case, but im not sure? at first i though it was just nothing but uve had to for a couple of days now.

Ive done some research on sti's, and i dont have any other symptoms so.... help please?
Hi all,

I've had the same problem for a couple of years now, just continuous itching, no blisters or boils, just resulting in dry skin from all the scratching. it seemed to have gone away when I was pregnant but came back not long after the birth. I had been to the doctor and they can't seem to find anything. At first before i consulted a doctor i tried canesten and some other non prescribed lotions but, I was recommended a low dose steroid cream (hydrozole) but just made it worse. Was then recommended a higher dose (elecon, prescribed) which seemed to provide some temporary relief for 24 hours. If anyone could provide some advice that isn't related to yeast infection or known sti's that would be great because it just becomes really irritating and the skin just becomes dry, prolonging the problem further as all your body wants when it wants to rid of dead skin cells is to scratch! Help please because it just drives me insane!!
I had severe labia itching with white dry skin.  I was treated for a yeast infection, it didn't work.  I had a biopsy done and the results led no where.  My gyno finally sent me to a female dermatologist and she diagnosed psoriasis (as if).  To my joy and amazement she was right.  I have a steroid cream that I used for two weeks and then have rarely used it since.  I have been completely fine for almost a year.  Hope this helps.
hello there! i am feeling the same too..i am experiencing this itchy viginal feeling but no discharge for about a week..it staretd when i begun to watch my bf confined at the hospital 1 night forgetting to change my clothe, a day after it begins to itch so much that i cant resist to stop from having it sratch..i hope its not too late i havent see an ob-gyne knowing its to shameful, and probably its due to my period irregularities and family history of having a diabetis. help me fine solution to this!!
looking forward for a good samaritan..kindly or email me privately @jenny_mb4***@****
hey u guys...i have got a solution for you people here...

i have been applying topinate cream for about three days..and i am feeling really better already..
along with that i am also using a different bodywash called sebomed which is made of olive extracts. while bathing apply this on your labia and massage well..
later apply the topinate cream..and also at night before u go off to sleep..

hope this helps u all
An easy test to find out of the source of irritation that causes the burning and itching is your laundry detergent or fabric softener (or both) get some incontinence panty liners or ordinary panty liners and separate your burning itching tissue from your underwear for a few days. If the problem goes away try eliminating either your fabric softener or laundry detergent in favour of something unscented and gentle and 'green' usually works too. No toxic chemicals in so called 'green' products.

It's then easy enough to wash undergarments in a gentle unscented detergent and/or use a non toxic fabric softener - no reason not to keep your regular products for the rest of your laundry if you prefer to do that.  Hope this helps.
I have had alot of sex in the past 2 weeks with the same guy, he has gone down on me and used his hands was rough while doing so. I started getting sore and realised I had a cut. The cut has healed and while it was healing I was getting itchy. Then I noticed red bumps that look like blisters. They r itchy and sore some times but burns if my pee touches it. Is it possible I caused a rash when I was scratching. Coz the blisters r mainly near where the cut was. I have been using bepanthem cream should I use something else
Hi im 14 years old and i have a problem !

Recently i had a problem my vagina has been buring and itching !! And it hurts sooooo bad !! And i never had sex before !!
Any comments or things i can do ??
Hi I've had the  annoying itching down town. I decided to try diaper rash cream for babies & guess what? It worked!! It was called Dr. Smith's diaper ointment! Good luck~
A&D ointment also work, try the one that contains Zinc due to the fact that the mineral helps the healing process faster. Additional, keep yourselves clean, when taking a shower try to use cool water on the area and a soap fragrance free, perfumes provoke irritation in the area. Change you underwear regularly to avoid the bacteria that makes strong odors. If the condition persist you really need to visit your doctor, you want to avoid any future complications.
I'm only eleven! I don't want to use pharmacy teenage creams and medicine thingy-majigs! What are some remedies I can use? Thanks!
Well, I had this problem, outer labia...it drove me crazy.  I am a dancer (well, amateur) and have always been careful to change clothes after a work out and put fresh undies on.  However, if you are in a humid environment or exercise and moisture remains, this will lead to itch.  I solved my problem by using the A & D ointment with zinc oxide.  The same stuff for diaper rash.  This provided a protective barrior.  I also washed the area for about five days with Nizoral 1% shampoo.  This is a anti-fungal meant for dandruff but it contains Ketaconazole and it relieved the itch instantly!  Also, be aware that the scented dryer sheets and fabric softener are well known to cause all sorts of allergic reactions,  Use the no scent detergents and softeners.
I have had itching burning and bumps for a while now I am going to the gynie in the morning, I hope there is a cure. It is awful
I have had this problem too. Mine turned out to be an allergy to laundry detergent. As soon as I switched to washing my underwear in a gentle fragrance and dye free detergent and began using gentle soap, it stopped.
When you say eat alkaline foods, are you saying to not eat the foods that they say have a lot of acid, the ones they put in "red"?
thanks
I am 53 and have been having vaginal itching for the past 4 months. My primary care doctor diagnosed me as having a yeast infection and bacterial infection. After those 2 infections cleared,  I was still experiencing itching in the inner labia. The itching was so bad that it would wake me up every night. The doctor said that vaginal atrophy is causing dry skin, which in turn causes the itching. (i.e. I am old and dried up!)  She prescribed Estriol (vaginal estrogen) and said that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to work!!!   Considering that I hadn't had a good night sleep in weeks and was not planning to go another 2 months in this condition, I sought some over the counter help.  Hydrocortisone and/or topical Benedryl stopped the itching, but didn't satisfy me because hydrocortisone is reportedly not good for the skin and I wanted to stop the cause of the itching, not just the symptoms. Next, I tried Gold Bond itching cream, which is supposed to moisturize the skin while stopping the itch, that did work, but didn't address the cause. Next, I went to a local natural remedy store and got some great advice.  

Ladies, try this.  Take a slice of an aloe plant and peel off the skin, Stick the aloe into your vagina, like a tampon. This can be kind of difficult, because the aloe is really slippery. The idea is to moisturize your vagina and help it return to its natural resiliency. Also, try Omega 3-6-9, to increase the oil inside your body. Finally, I following the advice of others in this forum, I and am swabbing my vagina 2 or 3 times a day (especially before bed) with coconut oil.  It has only been a week since I started using all three of these strategies, but they seem to be working (knock on wood).  The itching hasn't disappeared completely, but it has lessened 90%.  I hope that these tricks work for you, because I know how unbearable the itching can be. I will post again in a week or two to let you know if my home remedies are still working.
Thank you onlinehelpseeker. This website was very informative.

I am so happy that I found this thread. I thought I was crazy. To the younger ladies, make sure you do go to see a GYN, especially if you are sexually active. Female plumbing is complicated and little things can start in little ladies. Start before you are 20. It is just something we have to do and it will give you peace of mind. I had my first breast tumor at 20, so don't think bad things only happen when you get older. One of the best things you can do for yourself. Not quite as bad as going to the dentist...Off my soapbox.

My itch is not as severe as some of you describe so I really feel empathy for you. But it is uncomfortable and driving me nuts. It is embarrassing trying to find a way itch in private. It is almost a combo of itch and tickle but keeps me scratching all the same. Shaving didn't help. Everything looks OK, no redness, whiteness, flaking, rash, etc. However, I realized that my scalp is also very itchy. I think this itchiness may be linked to the chemicals in the products I use.

The tips and suggestions here have really given me hope to find the right products to get this under control. My annual GYN is next month and I will be taking the info from here with me to discuss with my Dr.

I have discoverd some important stuff on these threads. The products we use are probably agitators. ALL of my hair products, bath washes, soaps, detergents, and fabric softeners have nasty additives that irritate our skin and contribute to this itchy thing. It it smells good and it foams or lathers, apparently it is NOT good. Read the contents labels and avoid: laureth sulfate, sodium lauroyl, lauric acid, lauryl alcohol to name a few. Another thread revealed this info and someone suggested natural products at Lush.com which can be ordered through Amazon. Products in our stores that say gentle, antibacterial, natural, exfoliating all contain these horribly drying additives. I just got my order from Lush.com so I have my fingers crossed. I am also getting rid of my detergents and fabric softeners for the 'green' ones.

After reading all of your situations, I figured that a few other factors might be contributing to my itch problem: I am 60 and just going to have more problems as hormones are screwy, I gained some weight so the area down there is more crowded and therefore more hot and moist, I live in a very hot climate so I sweat more, I wear a wet bathing suit most days, and oddly enough, I use my laptop computer several hours every day and it gets very hot sitting in my lap. All contribute to excess heat and sweating down there.

I am taking suggestions from this thread and have a list of products some of you have had success with. I hope the drug store will give me some relief, if not my doctor and I will have a long discussion next month.
Hi Fellow Itchy Friends,

I slept peacefully last night :) I would like to tell you after 2 years, I have finally been healed, no more itchy during the night, no more bleeding due to sever scratching, no more flaky labia skin or eczema...all because of the Candida Diet.  Please Google the word as eating protein and veg for a while has stopped me itching.  I have killed the fungal bacteria on my skin that causes the itch.  It is yeast from the gut.  I have not been to the doctor, I have healed myself.  On gut instinct I google and googled til it lead me to Leaky Gut Syndrome.  It is at times misdiagnosed as IBS but the reason why we itch specially at night is because of the fungus in our intestinal linings.  Please avoid sugary items, wheat, gluten and yeast.  So any thing with yeast and gluten, please avoid.  Just Google Candida Diet, it is boring the type of foods for others but I am telling you it works and helps you lose weight too.  Please try to eat 2 cloves of garlic, cut into tiny pieces and drink with small amount of water.  It would help you digest the food that is sitting in our gut for ages, thus creating fungal bacteria if not eliminated as waste.  The good bacteria gets eaten by the bad bacteria hence we itch.  Some areas will itch but in a woman, the vagina area is the most haven for fungal infection.  Some might think they have thrush but no;  it is Leaky Gut Syndrome and it's overgrowth of yeast in your gut.

Solution I did:  Change my diet to no carbs, no pasta, no sugary sweets, no dariy,  In short, google Candida Diet.  It will tell you what to eat and what to avoid.

Daily take 2 tbsps of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, or Olive oil.  Please take Yakult and probiotic danone in the morning.  Hot water would be nice to loosen sticky gut, so drink first thing in the morning.  Eat lots of vegetables (steamed or almost raw veggies).  I will post more but the cure I told you is to change your diet...practice not eating bread, no sugary sweets, no vinegar Just eat lots of vegetables and meat and please do not put any medicated cream.  The itch might stop only to be back with vengeance.  The culprit are those bacterias in our gut, making fungus growth in skin and thus making you itch.  Please let me know if this helps, it did work for me and I'm on Candida Diet for 4 weeks now and I even lost weight.  I just eat yakult, probiotic like danone in the morning, lunch is either salad or anything without wheat, sugar and yeast.  Dinner I can pig out on home made burger and salad.  

The flaky skin on your labia will be smooth in 1 week, and even smoother in 2-4 weeks.  The itch will be eliminated as sugar is not being taken in.  
I'm getting sleepy now, will post more tomorrow. Good Luck to all, I hope my post helps.
hw are you?
hy
I have a problem for 6 years now i have been to different doctors ealier but they all give me wrong medication after i have explained everything to them,i grow some pimples on my genital parts very itchy and produces white thick liquid and if i scratch there comes out the liquid and blood.i used to sleep with many boys about 12 during my childhood when i was 8 years old and i passed out some yellow liquiq it was too much,so when i started mensurating thats when the problem started that was 2005 upto now.but thats only when i had sex those boys where of my age 8 as well
so does that mean i am a virgin  and does that mean i have STDs,and does that mean i may not be able to conceive because i seriously suffer from period pains even after mensuration?please help .
so just a week ago ,  i started having sex with a dude he did use a condom at first & then he started not using one. So like a week later i started getting this funny feeling when i pee & then some days later i started itching a whole lot its been going on for a week now. I Been using all different kinds of soaps but nothing never helps. I Need too go to the doctor too find out whats going on. If anyone knows whats up with my problem please respond i need help bad , Thanks (:
im 14 years old and ive been getting this itch for about 2 months now. i started having sex 5 months ago, but we were both virgins so i cant have an std. also im having no discharge. my labia have been crazy itchy, and everytime i itch, the skin starts to peel off. ive tried useing cream for jock itch, but it didnt work. i just tried putting coconut oil on and it helped at first but i can feel it itching again already but not as bad. i havent been to the doctor, and im too embarassed to tell anybody. what should i do?
I am also suffering from severe itching. My Vagina is swollen and yet I can not stop itching. Sex is virtually impossible with my boyfriend cas it itches so much and then hurts. I am sore and have had this on and off for years. Doctors say is a yeast infection but thrush creams do nothing. So fed up, can't bear the itch anymore is driving me insane! Please help
okay so i have never used this. im 17 and i have been having a lot of problems with irritation and a  burning feeling and feel like i have to go to the bathroom often but it dosent burn allot to urinate.  i have a tingling feeling when i walk also.  im not sure what it is i tried to treat myself with the yeast infection cream and subliments it went away for a few days but now it is back more than ever.  Any ideas for me?
THAT MAY BE A BAD IDEA..  wet and warm environments are the perfect place for yeast to thrive.. be careful! respectfully disagreeing, an
Vinegar In Bath Water And Every Time You Use Rest Room If Possible Have A Container With Mixture Of Vinegar And Water {Change Daily} After You Wipe With Toilet Paper, Then With A Towel Dab Area With Vinegar And Water Mixture. Should Feel Relief In One Day And Should Be Gone In Two To Three Days Depending On Severity And How Often You Apply The Mixture...This Old Remedy Works......
i have had a severe itch for about 3 weeks now...started off not too bad...now its intolerable...i have tried vagisil, water and vinegar, lanacane...you name it i tried it...i even use baby wipes after urinating....it is really affecting my sleep and how i live my life...i don't want to go anywhere for fear of another "attack" out in public....unfortunately my doctor has been on holidays and will be until monday...until then i suffer...

however, i see people say zinc oxide creams...isn't that diaper rash cream?  i haven't tried that yet...and i am really getting desperate...if anyone knows that this truly works i would appreciate some feed back...
Hey i know its bad i have an itchy vag too. I dont want to tell my mom and i DONT want to  go to the doc.I am olny 13yrs old, and while im typin this my itch was OUT OF CONTROL!!!!So i put in some pertoleum jelly   and this was for diper rash so i knew that if i used it i would hurt anything, It immediatley got better. Thisis the first time i have used it so hopefully it will get better! :) I wll keep you posted
Somebody here posted a suggestion to try eating plain yogurt.  I would REALLY like to thank her.  It totally worked!  I had been suffering from continual vulvar itching for 4 months.  I knew it wasn't fungal--I tried every fungal cream out there.  They would seem to make it a little better for a day or two, but then it would just get worse than ever.  Saw the doctor twice, and once he determined it wasn't fungal, he had no other ideas.

I've been eating the yogurt for about 10 days now.  I saw 90% improvement after just one day.  Then it stayed at about 95% for another week or so. And now it's just gone.

I add an artificial sweetener and vanilla to the plain yogurt, and I think it tastes just fine, but you can also use no-sugar-added preserves.  More expensive, but if you don't like vanilla, it's an option.  Just try to cut way back on sugar, and don't put it in your yogurt.  the bacteria you want to kill love sugar, and yogurt bacteria don't.  I didn't cut it out completely, but I did cut back.  

I ate a cup of yogurt twice a day for the first 2 days, then just once a day after that.

So if you haven't try yogurt yet--try it!  You have nothing to lose--it's a healthy food and cheaper than most of the medications I was buying.  My guess would be that not every person posting here has the same problem, but if it's not a yeast infection and it's not "jock itch," then there's a really good chance this will work for you.  I'm sooooo relieved, and I thought if  I can encourage just one person to try it and feel better, then that's my good deed for the day.
I have had this itch for 5 years. Drink lots of water, Ice water, it cools your body from the inside. I use POLYSPORIN® COMPLETE Ointment http://www.polysporin.ca/en/p-complete.asp, Skinfix http://www.skinfix.ca/skinfix-body-repair-paste.html, and Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/products/daily-moisturizing-lotion. And an ice pack wrapped in a cut up baby blanket. The itch gets worse a week before my period along with a migraine (I'm 44). That is when I use the ice packs. I have noticed its all about body temperature the hotter and wetter it is down there the itchier it is. I can't even enjoy a cozy duvet unless I have my ice pack. I am thinking about getting a cortisone shot.
http://www.atlasofpelvicsurgery.com/1VulvaandIntroitus/10cortisoneinjection/chap1sec10.html

Good luck and STOP ITCHING!
So I have been having this itching for about 4 days now. At first it was tolerable. But not it is really bothering me. I don't sleep with panties. And i am going to buy vagisil tomorrow. I am only 15 and i live with my dad. So I can't explain it to my dad because that would be really awkward. I do crosscountry and i run a lot. After I run it really bothers me. But I have to do a sport. Can someone please help me??? PLEASE!
Hi there I'm new to sit.  Since my last period, I have had this itch, and I have also found when my periods are about to come, I too have this itch..and when they come it stops.. but I have being drinking plenty of herbs yellow dock which is very helpful....eating garlic you name it..But my best cure is eating coconut the dry one that is. at least one a day..i will do it for a week and see what work...come off all the white flour and rice...I'm not a red meat eating.. don't eat much chicken some thing has to work..
OK ladies, I had this horrible problem only to find out that I'm diabetic and once I got my blood sugar under control the itching/burning stopped! I had asked doctors about this with no results. I have only had sex with my husband and was tested with negative results for STD's when I was pregnant (we've been together over 20 years). My skin would get so bad it would bleed. Now, if I start to get that feeling again, I go do a shot of insulin and within an hour it goes away. Its hard to find the truth about this issue!
Try an anti histamine, seemed a long shot but so far no itch!! Tryed everything else. This is working so far !!
I've had this unbearable itch for months now. But its worse now more than ever! I cry when I pee because it burns so much. The inside of my vag on the right side is sooo swollen and bulging out from me scratching that I cannot sit without having my legs spread apart. When I shower it burns when the water hits it. It hurts so much. I'm at my wits end because it's not a yeast infection either. Please help me.

atmywitsend71
After sex I have reciceve a need to itch and touch my pubic area cause its made me itch like Crazy I don't know  what it is I haven't consulted a doctor just need some answers on what it maybe or the cause because I had sex without using a condom? ?
For about a month or better I began to itch something terrible. I stop having sex with my husband it was too painful, I'd itch till I bleed sometimes. I was so miserable and in such pain and torment. I made an appointment with my doctor and he told me since I was a diabetic that women sometimes accumulate a high build-up of yeast and he prescribed Fluconazole 100mg one tablet by mouth for only three days and I swear that on the first day I took that first pill like magic it went away I continued to take the other two for the next two days and now i feel like my old self again. I hope this information can help.
Ok, my story is I'm 17 years old and this stupid iching problem started to occur when I was 14 or 15, after I was raped. Since then I get "flare ups" of this stupid iching, I've seen a GYN a couple time but they didn't find anything except a tiny incress in bactria. I seem to get these flare ups after not shaving for a week or two "down there" and it seems almost as if the hair is irritating it. Usually when I go ahead and shave it seems to go away in a day or two. Altough sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to try these suggestion as soon as I have enough money to buy them... lol Unfortuanatly t the moment i'm on one of those "doesn't" times and its extremely embarrising. My boyfriend and I are starting to get sexually active and I don't want him to think I'm disgusting because of this. Please help.... =[
I last posted in January and have a little update for you. I am happy to report that for the most part my itching is almost completely gone. I continue to use free and clear laundry detergent on all my undies and sleep shorts since they are in direct contact with my skin down there, use Aveeno Skin Relief body wash, put Vaseline around my perineum after showering to lock in the moisture, take a Zyrtec daily for allergies and completely cut soda pop out of my diet. This has all made a HUGE difference. I no longer have bladder urgency and rarely itch; which I can deal with. The hot summer weather has put a bit of a snag in things though because I have to hike around a very large college campus in the heat every day which makes me perspire. Also, I've been under a huge amount of stress lately and I got lazy and started sleeping with my undies on again and I think all of this caused a massive yeast infection. So I am in the process of clearing that up with Candex (a natural remedy that has worked wonders for me in the past) and Udo's Choice Yeast Balance probiotics which I am confident will work. These two remedies are not cheap but really do the trick. Also, yeast is not the cause of my original issue (vuvlar eczema) so I'm not linking the two. I have a couple leftover fluconazole tablets I will try if for some reason the Candex doesn't work.

A reminder to all fellow itchers though, yes figuring out the causes of your itch actually turns into a journey and you may need to go to more than one doctor to figure out what is going on but GO TO THE DOCTOR. Cover all your bases with STI testing etc. and go from there. What works for one may not work for another. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor, and if you don't have insurance you can be seen at Planned Parenthood for a low cost checkup.

My official diagnosis (after countless tests, 8 doctors and a biopsy): Vulvar Eczema

What works for me:
Free and clear laundry detergent
Aveeno Skin Relief body wash
Vaseline around my perineum after showering to lock in the moisture
Zyrtec daily for allergies
No undies at night
NO soda pop

For a yeast infection:
Candex (2 tabs twice a day on an empty stomach for 5 days then one daily for maintenance)
Udo's Choice Yeast Balance Probiotics
Stay dry
NO DOUCHING

Good luck everyone!
Please help me! Im 15 years old and a virgin and dont have the post me relationship with my mother that i can just talk to her about problems. Except the lips of my vagina are sooooooo itchy. I am at school so i am extremely uncomfortable and i cant itch it as it would cause to much embarrassment. Its been going for a couple of days and for the few it was also very painful at the actual entrance to the vagina. Is there anything that i can use to sooth it to make it a little bit more comfortable? I havent had sex or anything like that, and although i dont think it would have anything to do with it is possibly worth mentioning that i have been fingered a fair few times in the last week. I also have had no discharge and my period is due sometime in the next 2 weeks
I have been dealing with this now for the past several months.. and it's absolutely driving me crazy!  Itching at the outside of the labia (at the top of legs).  Now it seems to be creeping down & over -- no discharge, just external skin.  Sometimes I can't help myself to scratch.  Tried Vagasil -- which I first bought a few months ago -- relief for a couple hours..  Baby Powder to keep it dry, going without panties or only cotton,  watching diet & drink plenty of water, so none of that fits.  I thought it might be a fungii, as it's been extremely hot & humid here, so now I'm trying Lotrimin for Jock Itch.  Also closer attention to Laudry detergent.  Thanks for all the posts.
After 12 years of having this problem and after seeing more then a dozen doctors I finally found a doctor who did a biopsy and the result is lichen sclerosis. It is a skin disease.  I was prescribed an ointment called clobestasol propionate. After all these years I am finally feeling "normal". Go to the doctor and get a biopsy and see if you have this.
Hi Ladies,

If you have an itch with no other symptoms try using Panaten, Its a baby diaper cream, My doctor told me to purchase it as i was washing to harshly & scratched myself which caused a constant burning. Anyways it worked fine. Recently i got "the itch" on the left side only no other symptoms, just itchy then it got pale from the irritation im guessing, it spread closer to my clitoris & I started to use Panaten just to see what may work, i used it yesterday & today & the itch is gone...Ive had this issue for a month now. Hope this helps & its an inexpensive method incase anyone is interested.
Hey fellow itchies,

I am 21 years old, and have been "itchy" since I was 7. The only thing I could put it down to was that I was being sexually abused at the time, and my mom had me checked out. They can never find anything wrong down there. The itching drives me mad, and drives my husband mad, as when I have had a big itch, it's sore and takes a few days to heal before we can have sex again. It's got so bad that now I itch in my sleep and only vaguely remember it when I wake up, but I am bleeding down there and all over my fingers. It's not very pleasant, and though the scratching feels great, it doesnt feel so good down there. I have gone a few days lately scratch-free but now it feels so sore and dry down there, like it's recovering from being cut or something. It's so nice to know there are others out there fighting the itch.
Ladies...

I've been itching just like you on and off for months and am so relieved I'm not alone! It's been so embarrassing, I haven't even told my dermatologist! I asked my gynae about it and he said it looked fine, but last night the itch kept me awake! It's like you gals described! :(

I'm seeing the dermatologist next week and now I feel brave enough to tell him and not feel ashamed.
Athletes foot can cause a woman to itch and burn and swell with NO ORDER or Discharge . i have experienced this several times . The cure is anti-fungal meds prescribed by the DR. If you share a bathroom with a man who is prone to athletes foot , and you take tub baths , your only inviting the fungus to leech on . Tips. ALWAYS clean your tub before you use it , or switch to taking showers . Water in general makes the fungus worse , thats why the itch is worse when you shower or after bathing , swimming etc. the fungus will grow when kept wet / damp . its very important to take the pill form of the anti-fungal meds. the over the counter sprays will burn and cause extra pain .
I too had this annoying itch for years and the doctors could tell me nothing. I tried vaginal cream, yeast infection cream and capsules, changing my body wash and toilet paper, going without undies, natural oils...deep prayer and fasting! Everything... Finally, after years of this embarrassing itch, I started to take notice of what I was eating. I realized that  whenever I ate tomatoes or products with tomatoes like ketchup, pizza, spaghetti, and/or bbq sauce, I would itch later on that day...like within a couple of hours. If I don't eat tomatoes, I don't itch. It really ***** because I love tomatoes...and sometimes I still eat them. It's a blessing to now know what makes me itch in the vaginal area. Why do I itch? I still don't know that, but what I do know is that I can control it now. It no longer controls me. Check your diet..you may have allergies. Hope that this helps someone. Also, don't be afraid to let someone know about this. My husband has been so supportive of me during these times. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. :-)
I have been going crazy for two weeks thinking I was having a herpes outbreak but that medication wasn't going a thing... As it turns out, it's a menopausal symptom (and I still have very regular periods) but I'm over 50 so I've been perimenopausal.  Susan Weed swears by plantain ointment.  I ordered it, as it's nowhere in the health food stores here. I will keep you all posted on how that works.  I also got comfrey root herb to make a sitz bath.  That was very soothing.
thanks for all the support.
hi, what is the prescription called that the doctor prescribed you?
Just curious does anyone else on this forum suffer from bloody stools or random soar throats?
I've experienced this for a couple of months, and I know how frustrating and embarrassing it can be to have this. But I found something that has really helped me.

Buy: CORTISONE 10 PLUS. It doesn't only stop the itching but it heals your scratches on the labia. I've only been using it for 2 days and everything's clearing up. I hope it works for you!

I find it better than doing a salt-water bath. You never know the germs in your bathtub that can possibly worsen everything! Try out the cream! You won't regret it!

Hello everyone-
From what I've researched an alkaline diet is bad. Smoking, drinking, caffeine and chocolate all have high alkaline and knock your body off balance.

The reason I came to this site is because I too am also having "itching" problems.  However it doesn't always its, its is also sore in the inside bottom. Occasionally itching around the labia.  I have gone to obgyn for a regular gyn checkup which came back fine. However this is still going on.

I'm so sorry to hear about women who've been dealing with this for 9 years!
This has been on going on with me for a month (on and off again).  I've been using vinegar and water and also applying olive oil as well. The doctor did suggest blood tests (to rule out any stds) and eventually Ill do those as well. I just turned 44 and my guess is is that this has to do with hormone change, stress and a maybe also soap or laundry detergent.  I have a decent diet, however having been eating more breads lately.  

If any of you find out whats going on and get answers, please post!

Oh and pleast dont put Noxema anywhere near your crotch omg! Noxema has euclyptus oil and camhor oil. Never one should go anywhere near anything with mucas membranes.
Ok ladies... it is a worm.... if you gently rub and can get one (looks so small like a white spec...on you finger put it under a microscope and there you see it... it is also causing some nose itching as well... I have been plague with labia itch, redness, small bumps... and nose and eylash itching... and finally see that it is not the skin but a parasite .. a pin worm larvae.. the eggs they lay... scarey, horrible.. I am a clean consicous person.. and finally realized I am dealing with parasitic problem not a skin or yeast  infection.. check it out yourself.. get a magnifying glass and look. there are pin worm pills that are sold over th ecounter in Europe that gets rid of this Prevelant problem... very contagious as well...
Mine is itchy and swollen , it iritates the hell out of me , but it started when I was pregnant I had to go for a emergancy operation to save the baby on 26 weeks bcus my placenta was bleeding for no reason and there was a blood clot between my placenta and my baby causing my baby's heart beat to slow down this never happened to me before but the itching goes deeper inside and sometimes I can't breath when that itching starts I didn't have sex in 9 months now so realy don't know what it is, but I can say in the hospital in one week they had to put a cateter in me cause I could walk they did that 3 times so maybe its bcus of that, sory bout the spelling typing and working with the baby plz what can I do to take it away I don't like it to talk about it to my doktor cus its a fam friend also its to weird!! Enjoy all yah day
I have the exact same problems as these other woman; I cannot take the suffering anymore; it is NOT yeast infection; and the symptoms only surface about 2 hours after sex, and gradually get worse until I start my menstrual than after it ends; everything is ok until I have sex again; than  the symptoms start all over again; I have been married for 7 years and have not had relations with another guy; and I had a baby 7 months ago...
Hi!
I've been experiencing itchiness for a few months now. At first I thought it was because I shaved. Then i decided to get waxed instead hoping it will help with the itching. It turns out still itches...
I feel so relieve knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. Will follow some of the advises in here. hopefully it helps. I can't stand this situation any longer. It is so frustrating. It itches so bad that sometimes I scratch my self and bleed. It's getting out of control. I was very scared because I thought it was something worse, but i feel better now after I read all the comments in here.
Wish me luck!
All I can say to everyone is thank you to everyone - I felt to much better knowing that I was not alone in this or going crazy. I thought it was the new toilet paper or the if I was allergic to the pads I was using during my period. The itching comes and goes and can get pretty intense. I am trying to find any home therapies for this - I figured even though I don't have a yeast infection that I would try the yogurt therapy and see if that creates some balance "down there". I already tried one therapy of wiping the area with vinegar to kill any kind of yeast and all I can say is HOLY **** that was something else - sure made me wake up and take notice - but in the pain the itching stopped only briefly - I guess my brain had something else to focus on for a minute. I like all of you don't have the typical symptoms of a yeast infection - no discharge, no smell, barely any real swelling - I only have a sore area now from where I have scratched so I am trying to avoid the scratching until it heals. I have even tried diaper cream (which I applied at night and then throughout the day) and it seemed to calm some of the itching down  - it is just seriously messy. I think I am going to try the bath with baking soda and soak for a few minutes since I heard that can help as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can figure this and soon before I do any real damage down there. If i find any success I will post it - Good luck to you all!!
For me my gyno put me on fluconazole.. but instead of taking it once.. I took it for 6 months straight. I took one pill every month the week before my period.She said being on birth control your hormones and your bacteria in your body can get a little out of wack.  I also was watching an episode of the Doctors. The gyno on the show mentioned that you keep the area shaved to keep from having itching, odor, etc. She compared it to your arm pit. She said if you dont want bacteria and other things to irritate it then to keep it shaved etc. I normally only shaved some off and left the rest but after watching this I decided to shave all the hair off in that area. I dont know if it was the pills for 6 months or the continuous shaving I haven been doing.. but I have not experienced the itching since and I was experiencing it for a couple of years.
I usually have the same itch as many of you have described and lately it has got worse. In so glad I found this forum it shows me I'm not the only one. I find that if I dot drink enough water it usually triggers the itch. So as soon as the itch cones back I drink as much water as possible. I have not been to a doctor so some of this is an educated guess. The skin around that area has become flakey, in guessing from itching so I have tried using sudocrem on the dry out areas of the vagina. It has zinc oxide in it which supposed to help. Also using products with perfumes etc. Do not help and so try and use products without these in. Drinking lots of water usually helps this. I have nOt yet been to the doctors but I plan to if it doesn't stop. Does anyone else have a recommendation to help this problem?
Hello all! this is a great community for those seeking advice. I've been suffering from this for a while now and I suspect it's related to diet. but I saw an ob/gyn and she prescribed a HYDROCORTISONE 2.5 % CREAM which I've been using and has really helped. ask your doc for this! hope it alleviates the suffering for everyone...
i have had this itch since i was 5 and i am 31 rite now i have always thought there was something wrong with me, i remember going to a local clinic with my swolen vag and i was 15, every nurse in that clinic was shouting at me for having sex at that tender age and i was treated for an STI, what is worse is that i wasn't in a sexual relationship and i stopped going to clinics and suffered in silence at around 19 years i stoped putting on underwear and the itch disappeared but i started putting on underwear about two months ago and the itch is back.
I suffered the embarrassment of an itchy vulva for about 12 months, several visits to doctors and I came away with thrush medication which  did not help. My daughter suggested I try Sudocrem, I did and have not had the itch again. I apply it after my shower and no more itch..............
Ladies, I finally told a female dermatologist about my problem and she says it's part of my eczema. :( She gave me a steroid cream which I hesitated to use because it thins the skin, but eventually after nights of being awakened I couldn't take it anymore and used it, and it didn't even work!

This afternoon I was at Watson's and I'm guessing not every country has this product, but I found a Vagisil Anti-Itch Creme. Read the instructions carefully because it's not meant to be used for more than a week, but I used it right away and so far it seems to work. Been more than an hour and counting. Hopefully it can bring me some sleep tonight. I'm starting to look like a zombie.
I am 19 and sexually active. I remember I had this when I was an 8th grader. I told my mom about it and she told me to douche with lactacyd. After a week, itch is completely gone!
However, I once again have this exact same problem. And it is quite irritating already. I can't stand it! And looking at this blogs, it feels like I'm Not Alone! Anyway, I have my period right now, and I am thinking that I will go to the doctor once my period is over. Although, I hope that all the itch thingy will be gone sooner.
I went to my Obstetrics & gynecology doctor to get checked. And yes, I have fungal infections/candidiasis. And she gave a cream, an antifungal tablet, and antiallergic tablets. Good thing it wasn't herpes. You get it because you are immunocompromised. Good luck to us girls! And boost your immunity by drinking vitamin C supplements. :)
i'm 12 and i have the exact same problem! i can't deal with it anymore. i don't think it is a yeast infection, because it doesn't really burn. i have no idea what to do. i'm really embarrassed. i hate going to school, because i can't stop squirming in my chair.
Hi i am a 43 year old female i have had this problem on and off for 8 years. My Labia is very itchi but mostly irritated and burns. I use vagisil. it works but can anyone please help. Its so annoying i went to 2 different doctors did tests and cant find nothing. doctor prescribed nystatin cream didnt help. I would really appreciate ladies. This is no fun.
i meant vulva not labia
Another night with little sleep,gave in to a big itch,why oh why when I know the price?

Soothed the itching down with wiping over with washed baby wipes and putting vaseline onto the damp skin.Now have to sit it out till it calms down and back to bed.

Will make an appointment with the GP tomorrow......this will not go away.

It is a great suppot to read this thread.

Good luck to us all.
Well the pin worm theory is a good one and can be resolved easily if that is what it is...gross, but real.  I have had on and off itching for years and have tried Desitin most of those yrs.  But that has a smell and I always felt someone could smell it.  I went many yrs doing self cures before my GYN did a biopsy and discovered I had lechin sclerosis.  What a terror that is.  I guess I am lucky because I feel it is under control wth Clobetasol cream my Dr. perscribed.  Bottom line is that each of us could have a variety of different causes and the same number of treatments.  If you have not found out what you have check lechin sclerosis out...it may be what you have.  If not find out what is causing it and find the relief you need.  Most days I am comfortable and grateful because now I know it could be worse.  PS.  lechin sclerosis is not an STD and is not transferrable...just uncomfortable.
The best thing you could do is to get checked. Mine doesn't itch anymore after 3 days of medications. But the doctor told me that I have to stay away from allergenic foods to prevent more itching.
Hey girls, I'm sixteen years old, about to turn 17, and had sex for the first time about a month ago. I've had sex twice with the same person. The first time was without a condom (stupid, I know) and all was well. We had sex again about a week or so later, but this time we used a condom. About a week or so after that, which was just last week, I began to feel a very uncomfortable itchy burning sensation on the outside of my vagina. It was intolerable after two days, so I told my mom (Not the sex part because she'd murder me). She sent me to the store and I bought some Vagisil wipes. It helped the first day or two, and I thought I was on the mend, but then it started to burn and hurt when I used it. I haven't noticed a smell or discharge, but I've been on my period the whole time and got off of it yesterday and it's been just horrible. I'm embarrassed and have no idea what to do. I know it's not an STD because he is clean and I was a virgin. A lot of people on here say that an OB/GYN doesn't help, and I don't want to waste my time and money. Could it be a reaction to the latex? Do I have a yeast infection, even though there isn't discharge yet? HELP. :(
were can i find this stuff
Hi i got the same problem since past 2 mth and i have been to gynae twice and cost me fortune. The doc only keep prescibing me types of antibiotics. Peviously she gave me a shot and the itch stop for a while but it came back and she says was some infection. The itch now doesn't seem that bad now but still it exist. Can anyone help me please. Is very irritating...
I had the same issue and found a solution that worked perfect for me. BAKING SODA LADIES!!! I have an old c-section scar that became itchy and red. I went to CVS and asked the pharmacist what he recommended. He said Lamisil. I used it for a week and it went away. I then experienced itching which I assumed was a yeast infection. I used Monistat 7 and the itching, burning and stinging did not go away. The area was on the outside(Labia area). Although I never went to a doctor I started reading on line everything I could about itching, burning and stinging in the Labia area(I had no discharge or smell). I took a bath last night in baking soda and went to bed. In the morning my symptoms were almost completely gone! I am on my second day and just to make sure I took with me in the shower a plastic cup full of watered down baking soda and washed down there with that. I am so HAPPY not to have to be itching or rubbing ANYMORE! So, before you spend anymore money on creams, pills or wipes please buy a box of baking soda and at least try it. It can't hurt you and if it helps you please pass it along. There is no reason for all of us women to have that much problems which such a private matter! Hope this helps ladies.
For as many years as I can remember I have suffered from an itchy vagina, exactly as everyone has described. Sex was unbearable, if I could manage it, it burned and stung and would itch for days after and I always had a little cut. unable to bear it any longer I searched the internet for answers, and came across this forum. I read every post and made an appointment with the doctor the very next day. I had already cut out bubbles baths, shaving foams, didn't wash my hair in the bath or shower, boiled the underwear..the lot. My doctor took one look and diagnosed vulva dermatitis, or in other words.. eczema! She prescribed a steroid cream called Trimovate which I started using last Thursday, exactly a week later and I am itch free!! I bought new undies and pj's and I wish I had not suffered in silence for long. Doctors see much worse every day so get a check up!!
Please try taking a bath in baking soda. I know it sounds strange but it worked for me!
I don't know if anyone will make it down this far...but i think my itch also has to do with my eczema, which I saw someone else mentioned. I suggest (to everyone, eczema or not) changing your laundry detergent and body wash to fragrance free, i use cetaphil soap, and think about your shampoo and conditioner as well because it does run down your body. fragrances and dyes can irritate your skin, especially sensitive parts. the day before yesterday i put some lube (for sex) on a Qtip and rubbed it around the labia after i got out of the shower and haven't itched since. I don't know if any of this will help because itching can be caused by so many different things. Also, I know it's weird but a long time ago I used preparationH (for hemmroids) and it helped because it has anti-itch plus numbing. but I believe you're not supposed to use it for more than a couple days. Anyway I hope this helps...
I have suffered like everyone else in this post. I am 31 happily married so no worries on the sti front. I have been tested for thrush and the results were negative. I have had the itching and burning which seems common to others on this site.....the only cure I have found that actually seems to relieve the burning and itching and has healed my cracked and bleeding skin below my vaginal opening is GOLD BOND INTENSIVE HEALING cream.   Trust me please when I say it works.
I am 20 years old college student. I'm having terrible itch as i type this. I tried everything from vagisil, summer's eve cleasing wash, summer's eve wipes, and summer's eve feminine powder. The first time I had this itch, it went away because i used the power due to i changed my washing powder for my clothes. Then every now and then the itch will creep back so I use the feminine wipes. two weeks ago my boyfriend and I was having sex and I started bleeding (not my period) then the came back really strong as soon as we stopped. Now it only itch when i urinate. After i urinate it will itch for hours. I will try everything i mention above. The only way I can get a temporary relief is to take a shower and the clesning wash and put powder on.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had the same symptoms as many of you and finally was able to get into my obgyn.  He did a biopsy of the area and sent it away.  I was getting frustrated cause I was tested for yeast infection and bacterial vaginitis and both were negative.  Whe he looked at me before he did the biopsy he was fairly certain he knew what it was.  The test result came back saying I had Lichen sclerosis.  It apparently affects older women in menopause (so the internet says) but he said he gets at least one woman a month in having this.  The only way it can be diagnosed however is by a biopsy and this is not a comfortable procedure to have done, but if the dr thinks that might be what it is it might be worth getting checked out, now I am on a steriodal cream to treat it.  But it never actually goes away.  It is not contagious nor is it caused by stds, they are not sure what causes it, and the symptoms can vary
I have had the same itch and I can't find relief. I have tried everything. I'm 43, pre-menapausal, and a mom of 3. The physicians can't find anything wrong. I just don't know what else to try. I can't sit still or even go out because I'm afraid that I'm going to get an itching fit.

Please someone give me something else to try.
Have any of you ever been tested for food allergies?  I am allergic to corn.  Sadly corn is in everything, including toilet paper, laundry soaps, fabric softeners and feminine hygiene products.  Before I found out about my allergen in things other than what I eat,  I had terrible problems with itching.  Trust me this is not a good place to have an allergic reaction.  While wet wipes may feel cool and soothing, they could have a contact dermatitis effect to amplify the problem.  My most recent flare up was due to buying a different fragrance of my one safe laundry detergent.    
Coconut oil won't work, i'm allergic to it too.  This is the worst it's been in a long time, but recent stress and an inability to take a shower for almost 2 days, along with an irritant has made it unbearable.  Cleansing with witch hazel is helping.  It stings a bit at first  but it ends up soothing the area after the sting wears off.  I'm going to try zinc oxide as a moisture barrier if i can find some safe for me.  
But consider the possibility of irritants in the the things you use daily.  I have seen posts about feminine protection products causing itching, ones body might find the product irritating.  For years i could only use one brand of tampons without irritation or itching.  With the adult onset corn allergy i now use a menstrual cup.   Toilet paper can also be a culprit.  For me to use toilet paper other than my own safe brands more than one quick time, will cause an itching fit.  I know corn is the culprit in them for me, but manufacturing ingredients and processes can leave irritating residues for the sensitive.  Try changing brands of things that contact the region and note if there is any change.   In toilet tissue,  I know Scott Extra Soft tissue is irritant free for many, though not all that soft.  Some people with itching problems do ok with regular Cottonelle as long as the first few layers on a roll are not used.   It is reasonably soft.  I hope this info helps some people, especially the long suffering.  
Wow, I really thought I was alone in this. I'm not sexually active so I'm scrabbling in my brain to think of what on earth this ichy feeling within my vagina walls is all about. I'm glad I came across this forum. I'm getting a lot of suggestions and insight from all of you ladies who are going through the same thing that I'm going through, and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I'm going to try most if not all of the remedies that have help you ladies. Thanks again, and may God bless!
Lichen Sclerosus.  Lichen Sclerosus.   This is what was wrong with me.  I read through all these posts and searched high and low for what was wrong (it took 3 years).  From rough sex to herpes to yeast infection to vaginal atrophy, I suspected all of them at one point. I went to about a handful of GYN/OB and most of them didn't know anything besides yeast infections and the common STDs.  I was prescribed zinc oxide, vaseline, iodine, yeast infection meds, oatmeal body wash, cutting down sex, baby powder, lamisol and jock itch cream AND nothing worked!!!  Most of the time the symptoms were alleviated but nothing was cured.  Of all people, it finally took  the first Vietnamese Physician with Board certification in OB/GYN (California) to figure it out.  He said that he wasn't too sure because it could be a number of things but the major sign was "bilateral symmetrical lesion along the labia".  He prescribed me with Clobetasol Propionate ointment which cleared it up in about 1 week.  Amazing.  I know most people don't return to the internet for success stories but please if you find out this worked for you then please copy and paste message again to filter out all the other ill-advised tips and wasted space. Thanks you.   10/30/2011 msg #468
I suffered from an itchy vulva for 8 months and tests showed it wasn't Thrush or BV.  Prescriptions from the Doctor didn't work, so I turned to the Internet.  Several health websites suggested that food allergies can cause genital skin irritation.  I worked out that I was eating much more dairy food than I used to, so I decided to cut dairy out of my diet for a couple of weeks, just to see what happened.  The itch completely stopped after two days!!  Since then, I haven't felt the urge to scratch, and I haven't woken up in the middle of the night scratching either.  Needless to say, I am happy to eat only Dairy Free food if it means I don't have that awful itch.

I would like to urge anyone with an itchy vulva, if you haven't already, please consider food allergies, a change in diet could be all it takes.   :-)  
kitty:  I am also 60 and this just started a year ago.  It is driving me crazy.  I can't imagine that it is postmenopausal as I went through early menopause at the age of 48.  I had been celibate for 8 years before I met my current husband and he is not affected by it although we hardly ever have sex.  I would think that if it was an STD, he would have one.  Or anything infectious.  It hurts when we have had sex and I am now glad that we only have it about every 6 months or so. I hate sex now because it is so painful. My itchy section is on the left outer labia-it seems strange to me that so many have it on the left side.  It is a fairly large area but it is confined to there.  It is red when I scratch it otherwise it looks normal.  Sometimes I can't sleep and I cry because it is so agonizing.  I bleed from the scratching, too.  After reading these posts I was shocked that so many others have this!!!  I just did some Internet research and a lot of Med sites tell you not to wear nylon or microfiber panties-just 100% cotton so I just ordered 10 pairs of 100% cotton briefs.  Plus, when I lounge around the house, no stretch pants anymore-just long lounger gowns and NO PANTIES.  Friction there is a real no-no.  I just washed the itch in cold water and applied a lot of vaseline (after reading how many use it) and it does feel better plus no panties. Food affects it, too especially spicy food and caffeine.  So I am cutting that out.  I will do anything to get rid of this HORRIBLE TORTURE!!!  I can't even watch TV at night with my husband because I am squirming around in the recliner so much.  Old folks have enough health issues...I sure don't need this at my age.  Good luck to all.
PLEASE HELP! im 17 years old and i am scared i don't know if i posted thin in the right area but please help. I want to cry i don't know what to do.  I am a Virgin and i am very Higenic so i don't understand why this is happening this Started about 3 weeks ago.i noticed i was slightly itchy on top of my Vagiana and underneath my belly. i scratched and it started to itch more so i kept scratching. a few days later i noticed a dime sized mark on my area so i put some medicine on it and the itching stopped. later it was incredibly itchy. i went to the bathroom to see why i pulled my pants down and i looked an my vag. was sore and had swollen a little. it was red and irritated. i left it alone and went back to class. later that night i checked it out again and there were little red bumps all over it. i put medicine on it. then i decided the next day to shave becuase it was so irritated. i did and i really saw the bumps. some of them were very small and looked like tiny pimples. i poped one and puss came out. i've been putting Glysolid on it and washing down their throuraghly. it is slowly healing and i have resisted the urge to touch or scratch it.but it is still red and swollen and the area underneath my belly started to bruise. i would like to know what is happenning as i am very scared.
I have had lichen sclerosis for more than 20 years. I am now 46. This disease consists of servere itching, especially at night.  The skin around the vulva also turns a patchy whitish color.  I itched so much, one side of my vulva developed a cancerous tumor at aged 30.  I had a vulvectomy and the cancer had spread to my lymph glands in my groin. I dont mean to be scary and it usually takes a lot longer to turn cancerous than mine did, but perhaps you should just rule out this disease with your doctor first. I wish I did.  PS On really bad nights I pack a wet cold hanky around it.
PLEASE READ.....
I have been suffering from this for some time now and just recently it has really started to bother me. I always wondered what was causing this or what would trigger it... i knew that it wasnt an STD because it started happening before i was even sexually active. i always linked it to my cycle because i would always be itchy the last day of my cycle like clockwork..only recently it started to happen a day or two before my cylce was AND ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING! so once i started doing some research i found that its an imbalance with our ph that causes it and it makes makes perfect sense...menstrual cycles can cause an imbalance and birth control can do it also(which i truly believe) i stopped taking my birth control for about two weeks and i started it back sunday and i will be damned I STARTED ITCHING AGAIN! so im seriously thinking about discontinuing them. I found relief with vagisil anti itch medicated wipes and they seem to do a good job with controlling the itch..u can find them pretty much anywhere,walmart,walgreens.kroger etc..and i also tried rephresh gel...its supoose to balance the ph and so far so good...im surprised @ how so many women go through the same thing...so i had to post something in hopes that it would help someone! good luck ladies!
After a lot of discomfort in the vaginal area, my doctor suggested changing my feminine napkin product to a different one. I was using "Always" and she said it was causing some of her other patients discomfort as well. I did and it was wonderful for two years until I again changed my napkin to a different product. This time I need the extra absorbancy, so I am using Poise and I again have the discomfort. has anyone else had this experience?
I have been having all the same symptoms you have for the past 6 months.  I went to the doctor's and they didn't do anything to help me.  Can you please tell me where to get all these medications at.  Thank you
im having a problem just recently that my vagina will be red and burn so bad...i had sex an it hurt even more and when i pee it hurts and burns even worse and i have been starting to itch alot too...what do i need to do..i have been using vagisil cream..but what might be my problem an how can i fix this
Okay I'm 13 and my vinga itches rlly badly I haven't had sex and I'm on my period..anybody have an idea why its so itchy or how to stop it being itchy?? Plez and thank you for your help
please look up pinworms!  I've been having this problem for months and months and have been looking everywhere online for what it could be and how to fix it. tonight in my search I found out about pinworms and did some research. I now realize that what I saw and thought was discharge was actually a worm. they caused a few other health problems I've been having as well. tomorrow I am going to buy something called "Reese's pinworm medicine" and make my boyfriend take it as well and wash our sheets and clean the toilet really well. these months have been torture, especially at night. seriously go look up pinworms and see if that could be your problem!
like so many other ladies i was thinking that i am the only one in the entire world who is having this problem...may GOD bless us all and may we have a safe healthy life...stay blessed u all....and thanks for the suggestios ...we want itch free world ;)
I got married in May 2011. A few days before that marriage i was facing this problem and it has started since then. I feel the itching and reddishness at the vaginal opening. Today I am making a comment because my husband informed that he is getting the itching feeling at the penis. and some while colored bublles came out of it. I am afraid if I hav transmitted any disease to him? What should be the next step? he wants to try anti-fungal cream. How can I prevent him geting infected because of me?
Wow so pleased I found this, it's doing my head in itching day & night! Just went to the Dr yesterday after trying MANY different things at home & she started me on Kenacomb Ointment & Flagyl. I just told her "I know it's not thrush" to eliminate her going down that track while my itching got worse.

It's difficult to work (running off to the bathroom to srcatch) I'm tired & irritable (waking so much through the night to scratch) & sex is the furthest thing from my mind for now!

I'm 46 & had this for this whole year. Please pray something works for all of us very soon.
For all those women with the itching between inner leg and labia majoria from sores on either the right or left side. I read these posts day before yesterday and ate the yougart and rubbed the area with a prescrition for atheletes' foot called ketoconazole that I had. Repeated yesterday and again tonight. Mine is completely gone. I'm 50 and pre-menopause. I think it has something to do with bacteria. Try and see if it works for you. It should only cost you a few bucks, and save you alot of scratching and aggrevation. Hope it helps! Good Luck!!  P.S. I think I'll continue to eat the yougart, so It doesn't come back.
hi all.. ugh i'm up at 4:30am and its cos of the dreaded itching!! HELP! Its in between the labia majora and minora, not the vagina. Its so itchy and on closer inspection, looks like rubber-bits when i rub it! I was recently on strong antibiotics and i assume that it may have caused my 'good' fungal/bacteria to be supressed. But is it really yeast infection? There is no pungent smell or foul discharge. HELP! What can I use?
Read my post above. What worked for me, may work for you.
I turned 44 this year and have found that my vagina has gotten more and more dry over the last 2 years. I also started getting more frequent itching and "cottage cheese-like" discharge which is not a real yeast infection per se, but rather a change in pH of the body that is a result in a change of diet. Generally, when I increased my starch/sugar intake a bit, I threw my pH off so much and the vagina is the first place to suffer from the change.  My homeopath advised me to increase my probiotic intake AND douche with warm water and probiotic mix...yes, take a probiotic capsule, put it in warm water and douche with it! It replaces the normal vaginal flora to its original level. You always have bacteria in the vagina, except it gets out of whack.  PS, the probiotic douche worked for me. I am not a fan of douching but hey, I was desperate for change!
I have suffered with this problem since about the third month after my first baby was born. I breastfed her for a long time - about 14 months and my period took about a year to come back (I dont know if that has anything to do with it). Along the way I took antibiotics on three different occasions (again not sure if it is relevant). I have been to the doctors so many times - I came back clear of any thrush but did have a small infection (more antibiotics). But still the itch! My skin is hard and peeling and it is all cut. I have ruined my skin and it hurts sometimes to even walk. It such an embaressing problem. My husband and I haven't been intimate in so long because I am so sore. I have tried cream after cream. Currently using coconut oil and vitamin E cream. I have bought loo roll with aloe vera and vitamin E cream in it. I feel like if I can heal the skin I have a chance to stop itching. Maybe wishful thinking . . The cream advice on here is excellent. Thank you for all your advice and good luck to all.
Sounds like a lot of you probably have a yeast infection.(If you have tried all of these remedies and nothing works then i would see if it is Trichomoniasis which has similar symptoms but needs to be treated with antibiotics) The website listed at the bottom is awesome. It tells you what worked and what didnt work for people. I have tried apple cider vinegar for a yeast infection as well as Desitin (for diaper rash) and i just swallow a clove of garlic and believe me it helped the itching SOOO much and almost instantly. The vinegar is going to burn like hell at first but afterward you do it...RELIEF! The second time i did it it burned less, third time not at all. Whenever you feel the itch just use the Desitin. People also swear by tea tree oil. I have not tried it because everything else has worked. People also douche with vinegar and water, or they take a sitz bath, or place garlic inside the vagina. If those sound like something you want to try then i would google how to do them. I have read like a million statements on a bunch of sites where all of these have worked when even Monistat did not. Good luck to all of you because yeast infections are terrible.
http://earthclinic.com/CURES/yeast_infection.html
RepHresh vaginal gel relieves feminine discomfort. Walmart has the best price.  It will get rid of the itch and has other uses as well.
This itching is killing me....I haves tried just about every remedy that has been posted here....I am 46 years old and I have been suffering with this itching for about 8 years now...I am at the point of going crazy!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANYTHING THAT MAY TRULY HELP BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND??? Thanks!!
I had an itch that drove me crazy.  My doctor gave me the 7 day steroid pill regemend.  Before I finished the week, I decided to stop taking the estrogen pills I was taking  for 6 months and switched to the other ones I used to  take.  My itch went away within a month and hasn't come back!  I was taking Estropipate 2.5
(3 MG) tabs.  The itch started about 2 months after taking this estrogen pill.  I am pretty sure this was the culprit.  Good luck to you all in finding your cure.
Im 27 years old and about almost a year ago i started itching. Dr gives me medicine and none has worked. I dont know what else to do and i havent tried anything besides the medicine.. PLEASE IF U CAN HELP ME!!! I itch all around the outside of my VIGINA (vagina). MAINLY AT NIGHT. I try not to scratch cause i know it makes it worse. Is thier anything i can try that might work?
Ladies.. As a Shaman I read up on things like this and try to help people male or female. Men get itches too so please allow me inject a thought.
Long ago I had itching not between my legs but on top of my fore arms and it hurt for years. I understand the pain of a never ending itch..No doctor could fix my problem. I tried almost every thing..Like you, I would wake up at night bleeding from scratching my arms in my sleep. Then one night I had a hard time going to sleep and in that painful state of mind I had a crazy dream. It fixed my itching problem for good.. In the dream I saw myself applying cold Mayonnaise on my fore arms. I know this sounds crazy, but I got out of bed and applied a thick layer of Mayonnaise right from the fridge on my arms.. Immediately my arms began to tingle and the itching stopped.. That was the first relieve I had known in years..Then a voice in my head told me to get a piece of ice and wash the Mayonnaise off. I did so by gently rubbing the ice over the arm allowing the melted water to drip off my finger tips into the drain. Afterwards I ran my arms under tepid water and a voice in my head told me  NOT to use SOAP or warm water on my arms..The voice told me not to touch my arms with anything unless I could not avoid it for 17 days. The voice told me to repeat this mayonnaise treatment several times a day for 17 days so I did what I was told and I fixed my itch. Years later I accidentally touched my arm against some Cedar tree foliage. In 20 minutes my arm began to itch and a big red spot rose up where the cedar had touched me.. I did the mayonnaise and Ice cube trick again and immediately the arm color came back to normal and the itch stopped.. Over the years I have found that it has to be Real Mayonnaise no special brand but Salad dressing or Light does not work..Many times we experience allergies that we do not now about. Maybe I had an allergy..Not for sure but this worked for me and is something you can try for yourself almost free... First stop bathing with soap of any kind.. Try a mild salt water for most of your body but use a light mix of Baking Soda and water on a soft cloth to wash under your arm pits and the areas of your body that you normally soap, rinse well with fresh water...Do not rub your body dry but pat  down with a soft clean towel..THEN apply the cold Mayonnaise and sit privately in the nude for a few minutes to let it do it's job. It may actually burn a little in the beginning so rinse it off if need be. In time you may be able to let it sit longer.. To remove the mayonnaise adjust the shower to tepid and rinse off using only your hand very gently and let the water run over your body. Leave the oily look on your skin..Do this for 17 days twice or more times a day...I suspect your clothes may be carrying an allergy inducing product as well.. Some husbands and wives are allergic to each others body fluids too.. Wash your under wear in white vinegar water no soap at all.. Rinse them in mild salt water containing no Iodine.. Finally rinse them in Distilled water and hang to dry..Chemicals in your city or well water may effect your skin..Girls I am so sorry for your pain. As a Shaman, I was gifted with the same kind of pain in order to learn my lesson to teach..Please know I am so sorry for you and wish you wellness. Ladies you are a gift to the world and it's sad when the very thing that brings life and demonstrates love causes you so much discomfort.... I hope this idea works for you.. Young single girls please listen to old wisdom.. IF you are having sex.. KNOW  HPV is out there and if you itch ask a doctor to check for that as well. KNOW that free sex does is not always free. STD's can come from those whom we least expect. My daughter is 21 and still a virgin.  I am very proud of her. I suggested to her that she use a clean sex toy until she is ready for marriage. This is NOT wrong and will prepare her for sex. Women are better off if they know their bodies before marriage just as it would be wise to drive a car after experiencing how one operates. Young men and women should pleasure themselves until they find a good healthy mate and when they do they need to be true to that mate.. That type of life style will keep you healthy longer..Honor is a gift you give to yourself. Say, NO to unprotected and casual sex because you honor yourself and want to be healthy..Sex can not only damage you for life, it can kill you or shorten your life.. Be safe, be healthy, be blessed, Chief Redelk / Many Nations Tribe
The solution that worked for me immediately was the diaper rash lotion with 40% zinc oxide - the CVS generic brand.  Give it a few minutes to work, and then it relieves until your next shower (I hope also the problem goes away after a few days of constant zinc oxide treatment).  Many thanks to all on this thread, without your help I would have had no idea what to try.  Good wishes to you all and hope this helps someone!
I have been suffering from this nightmare since three years. If only I knew that Dermovate would be the cure. Yes ladies, I am so happy it's gone for good now hopefully. I used dermovate to two weeks, even though it seemed as though things were getting worse when I applied it, I kept applying it twice a day for two weeks and now it's gone. :-) I wish you all good health.
I have been having itching for last 6 months. My OB doc said just use the cream for a yeast infection and apply in the itchy area. It didn't work. Tried many other things with minimal results. I was at Dollar General and saw some Yardley Oatmeal Almond soap and I knew oatmeal is good for your skin. I bought a bar and used it to wash the area with. I have not had any itching for the past week. I am guessing that it was regular soap that was causing my itching. Its worth a try for $1.00. Good luck and hope you have the results I had.
FINALLY!!!!! I have got relief from this horrible itching that I have had for over a year.  I went to Fred Meyer and got a tube of maximum strength HYDROCORTISONE CREAM 1%.  My itching occurred mostly at night but it happened also during the day, occasionally.  I thought that I was going to have to live with this itching indefinitely. When I first used it, it burned because my skin was so raw and sometimes bleeding.  But as it started to heal my skin, it did not burn as much.  I truly am blessed to have found something that works after trying many, many product with no luck.
/i have had the itching for the past three months too. After almost cryig myself out of desperation i visited my obgyn. i had already ruled out Yeast infection becasue i tried all the creams and crap out there and there was no discharge,
but my skin is really itchy, specially after a long day of work and sweating.
it is thinning, turning discolored and a simple scratch will cause it to break open.
I found 98% relief by mixing the following:
Triple antibiotic cream
Hydrocortizone 1%
a light prescribe  steroidal cream( obgyn gave it to me but is too light by it self to stop the itching)
petroleum jelly
AND THE MOST OUTSTANDING SOOTHING AND REFRESHING ITEM

TEA TREE OIL DROPS.
these drops soothe and give you this minty fresh feeling act as an antiseptic and prevents infection.
i still itch but mostly night time when i need to take a shower.
one more thing, i noticed that no matter what soap i use to wash there it dries me up or even makes me scratch more.
so the solution to my problem and to my daily cleanliness is NOXEMA!!!

LAdies i know it sounds weird but using noxema soothes the skin, and cleans it really good too. by the way i personally feel cleaner using that then the soap bar.
my skin is soft after and it gives u a true clean feeling
Viewing 401-600 comments: