Extremely swollen labia minora, will it go away on it's own?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My boyfriend went a little rough with oral sex last night and my left labia minora is very swollen and bulgy to a point it's keeping my labia majora opened. Now it looks like i have a ball coming out. (sorry for the details) I have never had this happen before, it has been 12 hours and i don't think the swollen have gone down. it doesn't hurt when i go to the washroom or anything nor does it itch. but when i close my legs it feels uncomfortable and i can't wear panties cause it doesn't feel comfortable when it's rubbing against something. Will this go away on it's own?
the same thing happened to me last night. my right labia minora is exremely swollen and is very purple so i think it might just be broken blood vessels or something. it hurts to walk right and sit down sometimes...id love to know whats goin on down there also...
me too. i just had sex earlier and it was kind of rough... now both inner labias are swollen. is this because of the nature of the sex? or is this an infection of some sort. PLEASE, im so scared this is the 1st time his happened.
no no, its totally ok i promise. Larger labia are amazing and i use to love making them swell up with my last girlfriend. the swelling will go down in a day or two i promise!
hey,

yeah my labia minora is swollen, both sides. i had sex last night and felt much tighter than usual, also was not as wet as normal.. this morning woke up with very swollen labias. It hurts to walk and wear tight underwear, it does not hurt to pee or anything like that, so what can i do to help and is it minor or serious please.

thank you xx
I had sex 3days ago it was rough and long, I was sorta kinda dry and the next day which was Sunday I was very swollen.. Then yesterday I was in the shower and noticed a small ball on my labia minora... It doesn't hurt but I know it's there so it bothers me... What could this be help please
The swelling will go down... just try not to agitate it as much as possible!
It goes down in  a day or two, it's just friction burn due to lack of lubrication or roughness. Try a hot bath followed by a cold compress. As for pants, I find tight ones, that pull everything in, and can't move when on to cause irritation are best, but that's down to personal reference.