Fatty Stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Fatty Stool

I have been dealing with fatty stool since I was about six months pregnant.  That was a 1 1/2 years ago.  My Dr said nothing to worry about but as my daughter is 9months old and it is still happening I am concerened.  I am constipated off and on. I do not use laxatives.  My weight is 125lbs and 5'5 1/2'' tall.  I eat fairly healthy and stay away from extremely high fats.  I do get lower right quadrant pain that has nothing to do with my cycle.  That is regular due to being on the pill.  I want to know if this is something that I should be concered about.
I'd see a gi dr because it's best to be safe. My mom had pain in her right ovary area and passed mucous/blood rectally and ended up having surgery to remove a portion of her intestines. Don't mean to scare you, but it sounds like it needs checked out to me.
Can you clarify for us? What exactly is "fatty stool"?
Yes, please clarify.  I don't understand what you mean, especially by describing it during pg and while being constipated.
I will clarify what I mean.  My bowel movements or poo is very fatty.  It looks like I have taken the fat from fying beef and attached it to the poo.  This isn't normal or I don't think it is so I was wondering if anyone else had the problem
If you mean fatty stool as in the bowel movement is big and thick in size - it can be a problem.

The BM can cause fistures.  Little tears in your rectum and anus.  That can cause bleeding and if you don't know if your bleeding is just from fistures or if the blood is in your stool, it is a problem.  Bloody stools is a big problem.

Fistures are painful but you should see a gastroenterologist just to be sure.