Fetal movement at 21 weeks???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Fetal movement at 21 weeks???

I am 21 weeks pregnant and I have felt the baby moving since I was about 18 weeks.  I had less movement last weekend but was reassured by our ultrasound that the baby was fine.  This weekend movement was minimum as well.  How often should i be feeling movement this early????
At 21 weeks it was only 1-2 times per day, for me.
I just read in a book this a.m. that the movement slows down about this time b/c things are getting more cramped.  There's just not as much room for the little guy to move.  If you are concerned you shoudl call your DR.  They can monitor the movement to make sure evrything is OK.  Remember, the odds are much higher that everything is OK.
thanks i just ran over to my drs for a heart beat check....we had spotting after bd this past friday so i was a lil worried.  I hate the sight of blood these days!!!  I heard the heart beat and she told me the same thing.  You feel more consistent movement at around 28 weeks.  Phew!!!  How are you feeling?  When is your next appointement?
Anytime I became concerned about movement, I would do one of two things, either drink some OJ or poke around a little. That would usually get my little fella going long enough to put my mind at ease.

Andi
haha, we tried the poking...i just couldnt rouse him!!!!  Lil bugger is gonna be a stubborn one just like his daddy!!
Both my boys were ornery, I would poke and they would come back swinging,lol! I am really short in the torso (all leg) so they got cramped pretty early into the pregnancy (around the 20-23 week mark) so they were already grouchy and anytime I would curl up, they would rebel!

Andi
awwwwww, i am the opposite...long torso short legs!!  He has all the room he can handle...prolly found a hiding spot in there!!!
I always told my doc that i would gladly give up three inches of leg in exchange for a few inches of torso.

You are right, he probably found a nice cozy spot, as time goes by and baby grows, soon enough you will be begging for some peace ; )

Andi
The feeling you are experiencing is normal.  Around the 20th week of pregnancy you may start to experience movement, feeling like "butterflies in your stomach." this feeling is called quickening, and is the baby moving..
At 21 weeks, you probably won't feel much, maybe a couple of spams here and there.  They baby actually has plenty of room to move around in there, that's one reason why you don't feel much, as well as the baby's not that strong right now to make itself known.  You'll really start feeling more movement in next coming weeks, especially around week 26-28.  That's when they start getting a little cramped in there and it might slow down some, but it should be more intense kicking just not as frequent.  I'm 31 weeks and man, let me tell you, this boy's going to be a kickboxer with how hard he's kicking me.  But, the kicks aren't as often, just stronger.  And I feel more rolling around than anything else.  What an exciting time for you!  Enjoy it while you can, pretty soon those cute little twinges here and there will be keeping you awake at night with full-blown roundhouses!
Any time I was worried about not feeling movement I would have so juice and lay down for awhile.  It seems as your walking around your rocking your baby to sleep.  That's why their most active when your trying to sleep or relax.  This is what I did when I was pg for all four of my kids.  If you don't feel anything for 24 hrs call your md.  Good luck
I am 21 weeks and yesterday was a busy day for my little one. They weren't quite kicks, but they were much stronger than they have been, and al lot of rolling going on too.  Today, however, I have only felt some faint fluters here and there.  I tried juice and felt nothing, but I leaned back and started poking and eventually he/she moved and I felt some rolling, but not for very long.   I read somewhere that when they aren't moving they are sleeping, and that that is their best growth time.  Just think about how often a new born sleeps (16-18 hours a  day).  I am sure they sleep even more in utereo, all dark a weightless in there with nothing really else to do.... Oh, I felt it again, it likes to move when I am on the computer!
I AM 21 WEEKS PREG AND I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FEEL HIM FOR 4 WEEKS OR SO. THE PAST WEEK HE HAS SLOWED DOWN IN MOVEMENT BUT YOU LAY DOWN AND RELAX, HE WILL BE KNOWN IF YOU LET YOUR MIND REST. RUB YOUR BELLY AND TALK TO HIM AND YOU WILL GET QUITE THE RESPONSE. MINE LITTLE ONE LIKES TO HEAR HIS DADDYS VOICE. SO, EVERY NIGHT WE MAKE TIME FOR ME TO RELAX AND HE GETS DOWN TO MY BELLY AND TALKS AWAY. THEN HE REALLY STARTS TO MOVE AROUND AND MAKE HIMSELF NOTICED. I DONT GET THE BUTERFLIES I GET FULL FLEGED KICKS AND NUDGES MY FIVE YEAR OLD HAS BEEN ABLE TO FEEL THEM AND REALASE ITS THE BABY.
Hi, I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been feeling movement for about 2-3 weeks now, though some days stronger than others.  Was kind of worried to begin with as the movements weren't always regular and didn't happen just when I wanted them too!! lol.  Now though I try not to worry because after my 20 week scan, the sonographer was actully quite suprised that I felt such movement as little Tc is so cushioned in there!  Lie down after some sweet food or a drink and place your hands just under your tummy button and litlle flutters are sure to follow.  I love it.
Hello People glad to hear all your pregnancies are going well
but im kinda worried im 21 weeks pregnant and dont feel movement that much should i be worried or should i just wait and see what happens thank  you x
(First baby )
Hi, I went for a check up @ 20 weeks. My gynea found a constriction band butshe said the baby seems to be moving freely around it. Im worried as she didnt say much. Does anyone know anything as the research I have found on the net is quite scary.