Fever, stomach ache, headache, body aches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a fever between 99 - 102.  My skin hurts, I have a head ache and stomach ache, especially a pain in lower left region near intestines.  My right ear aches.  This has been going on for 4 days.  I can't sleep.  I also have genital herpes (but I am not broken out) and wonder if this is related.  I also got bitten by many mosquitos last week and fire ants and wonder if this is related.
-7 Comments Post a Comment
It could be reactions to the venoms of the fire ants, or to the mosquitos.  Have you googled the symptoms of West Nile virus?  (Do you live in a place where it has been found?)  I'd try that and then maybe some Benadryl, and if the symptoms don't calm down in a couple of days I'd call the doc.
I have shingles in my left ear and now that side of my face is numb.  Can it spread to my eye?