First Period After Methotrexate Injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

On May 21st I had a methotrexate injection for an ectopic pregnancy.  I'm still waiting for my period.....

I know it's only been a month, but I'm impatient.  I would like to know, for those of you who have had this injection, when was your first cycle after the methotrexate?  And, if you conceived again, did you have another ecoptic pregnancy!

Thanks!
Amanda
It was 7 weeks after metho before AF returned. It took 5 weeks for my hcg to hit 0 and then 2 weeks more to get AF.

You may want to check with your doctor before TTC right away, because some advise that you wait 3 months after treatment with methotrexate before conceiving. I was able to conceive after my EP, but it took about a year and a half to happen. I had to have laparoscopy to remove adhesions caused by the EP.
I'm not TTC at the moment, just planning ahead.
My HCG levels never went above 150, and they are already back to normal.  My OB said to wait one cycle until I TTC again.  I have PCOS and cycles are hard to come by.

Thanks for the response.
-Amanda
Okay, I confirmed pregnancy on Sept. 2nd and by Sept. 8th I was miscarrying. I bled from the 8th to the 12th, and then just spotted over the 13th-14th. I think I was only about 4 weeks along. Anyway, my hcg levels have not returned to normal, and the weird thing is they never hit above 100. I went back in Sept. 16th to see my doctor and she said I possibly could have an ectopic pregnancy and there is still something holding on. So on Sept. 17th I had a methotrexate shot and now it is a few days later and no bleeding. I feel really good physically though. I never had any heavy abdominal cramping (just very mild cramps) and nothing else. I am wondering then I guess if I will bleed from having this shot, or if my body just reabsorbed what was left?? When will I get my next period? We would like to start trying again after 2 cycles. Is this a long enough wait after having the methotrexate? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
I am on a similar time-frame as you.  I thought I had a miscarriage on Sept. 28th, and was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy on Oct. 4th.  I received 2 methyltrexate shots, on Oct. 6th and Oct. 13th.  It took until last week, Nov. 24th to get to 0!!  By the way, I had spotting after the 2 shots for many weeks, but nothing visible "passed".

However, I got my period on Nov. 8th.  The doctor said that could happen before my level was 0.  It was a normal period, as far as I could tell.  However, I am now 31 days past that period, and nothing yet.  I couldn't tell if I even ovulated during this cycle.

Once I get my period, I need to get an Hysterosalpinogram, because I want to go back on Clomid, which I was on when I got pregnant.  So, I'm anxiously awaiting the next period!

Where are you with your treatment since you last wrote?  Have you gotten your period, and are you trying again?  Or anyone else out there?
I was treated orally with Methotrexate on oct 31st i was 8 weeks pregnant although my highest HCG was only ever 150. After a week HCG had gotten down to 7 & i was discharged from EPU, however, on that day i also had a scan which showed the pregnancy had not shrank since the previous week & was still exactly the same size. Its now 7 weeks later i have had no bleeding whatsoever & no sign of AF I also have daily pain at the ectopic site the same pain as before only not as severe. I'm not happy with this so am off to docs tomorrow to see if she will refer me for another scan to check the pregnancy has been re-absorbed. Anyone else with similar experience i'd be glad to hear the outcome!

thanks girls.
K.x