First cycle of clomid(50mg)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

First cycle of clomid(50mg)

Hi All,

I have been ttc for more than a year, and my doc ref for Clomid this month. As I saw doc on 6th day of my periods, She said its ok to take clomid on 6th day, but usually we start on day 3rd or 5th day.
I have been recording my temps from 3-4 months and looking at those figs my doc said that I'm not ovulating. and suggested to tak Clomid.
Can anyone tell success rate of Clomid on 1st cycle from tr experience.. And so far i have no side effects, coz many have hotflashes, nauseous.......... Does it mean its not working on me?
Is there any1 els taking Clomid... Any suggestions....
Is it not working because i started on day 6...
God I'm so confused.. today I took last tablet... I wish I Ovulate this month..

Baby Dust to all...............
I have heard sucess stories after one try, then again it may take some cycles to get the right dose for you. If depends on alot of other factors. Do you have any other underline problems? PCOS? Weight (over or under)? Thyroid? I am about to start round 5 of my clomid. My first 2 rounds, I didn't Oed. Then my doc uped my dose to 100mg then 150mg. When I was on 150mg I oed. Cd 14. Keep in mind that some women oed late in their cycles. Do you get you AF clockwork? or do you usually need medication to jump start it? My first 2 rounds I didn't get any side effects, but then on 3rd rounds..OMG! I was having the hotflashes, my breasts were killing me, nausea all the time. but like I said everyone is different. There is a wonderful support groups on here, and all the ladies are from different walks of life, and its is a great place to read everyone stories, to vent and to ask questions. I can pass along the information if you like. SSBD to you!
I took Clomid (50 mg) for the first time this month too, we've also been ttc for over a year.  I took it day 3-7 of my cycle and also had no side effects whatsoever (maybe a headache or two).  I ended up producing 11 follicles so I wouldn't be too concerned that you aren't having side effects.  You never know how you'll respond to even the slightest dose, so don't worry too much.  If your doc recommended it, he/she must think there is some possibility it will work.  Best wishes.
Appreciate your response... my cyles are quite irregular.. sometimes i get them in 15days, sometime 40 or 42nd day.. but i have never used any pills to jump start my periods..And my weight is also normal(130lbs).. No thyroid.. Doc hasn't checked for PCOS.. and I'm 25..

I have been recording my temps.. I haven't ovulated till now..its CD16 now..
Will wait for some more time.. Please pass me the info..
Keep me updated on your progress...
All the best... Baby dust to alllllllllll...................
Keep us updated....hope to hear your sucess story on Clomid. AF hasn't come yet, she is really late! taken 2 HPT but Neg. doc gave me Provera to jump start AF..but I want bloodwork, because I feeling not my self..I have heard some crazy stories of NEG HPT and still being prego. I was one of them :)

SSBD!
I haven't ovulated till today.. I don't know whats wrong with me. last 2-3days i had cramping like menstural cramping and bloated. Today i feel fine.
How about your CM?
I dint notice much of cm this month. I have heard thats because of clomid.

Thats a good idea to be sure whether your prego before taking provera..
I have an appointment wit doc on 22nd.. lets see what hapns..

Did you get your test done? and what about the results?
i tryed having a baby for 4 1/2 years and couldn't conceive then i went to the doc in May 2010 and he started me on clomid for days 5-9 i took that alone untill October 2010 and nothing happend so he added Metformin to the clomid i was to take the metformin 3 times aday and November 2010 i missed my period and i took a test and it came back pos. and i was in shock because i have been trying SO LONG! so i took another test the next day and it cam back pos. i went to the doc and im preg! i had a us at 5 weeks and 6 days and i found out in having twins! im so happy and cant wait to meet my babies im already so in love with my babies and cant want to meet them today i am 6 weeks 1day ...my babies will be here 8-31-2011