Women's Health Community
Flagyl causing yeast?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flagyl causing yeast?

I have read that the antibiotic Flagyl can cause vaginal yeast infections.   I have just finished taking Flagyl (500 mg twice a day) for a bacterial vaginitis (spelling?) and a few days after being on it I developed what I think is a yeas infection in my armpits, and jsut today I noticed some strange ulcers on the way back of my tongue...my throat itches  and is somewhat sore.  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
antibiotics can cause yeast infections. Ulcers are normal too after taking also. You destroy good bacteria too when you use antibiotics which in turn can cause a few side affects. Nothing to worry about
Blank
All antibiotics can cause yeast infections.  I get chronic sinus infections, and as a result, have to take antibiotics several times a year, and sometimes for long periods of time.  I have found something that works wonders to combat the build-up of yeast in your body - probiotics, I take Acidophilus. Its one of those "live cultures" they talk about in yogurt,  It really works great. Be sure to take it as a preventive medicine, not after you already have a yeast infection.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank