Flesh in Period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Flesh in Period

I woke up this morning after having mild cramps through last night to find that there was a piece of flesh in my period. (Say yuck?) I am positive that it wasn't a blood clot. It was 3cmx6cm or so? Flesh coloured and with what looked to be a blood clot attached down the bottom.
Could it perhaps be the lining of the uterus that for some reason did not disintegrate?
I am also on the pill. I deliberately did not take the placebos for the first month and this is my first time of having a period since being on the pill, despite the fact I
the placebo's have no effect on you whats so ever, its like a sugar pill, it won't effect your period,  however since you just started your BC pills last month and had a weird period could be attributed to the start of the pill, but not the placebos
When you said that you didn't take the placebos, did you take the regular pills without a break until now. I think that I read your posting right, anyhow, maybe it's just as you thought it was-a building up of the lining since you went 6 weeks without a period. Your body will be adjusting to the hormones in the pill as well. Watch for signs of increased bleeding-more than one pad an hour and fever. Take care. tmv
Ah, and I am not sexualy active. So that rules out the possibility of a very early miscarriage.

So you think it could be the lining then? Yeah, i couldn't see what else it could be really...but i'm still a little concerned. Obviously it's not really a common occurance and i'm curious as to if there is perhaps something else that contributes to this beside the lack-of-a-period-on-the-pill.

But thank you very much for the comments!
I had this problem this morning, first period after going on the pill, had quite severe period pains last night and woke up to find a huge flesh coloured clot with blood clots on it... I am however sexually active and thought this could of been an early miscarriage, but if it's happenend to you..does anyone know exactly what it is?
Is it possible you were pregnant without realising it?What you have described sounds like embryo tissue,that was passed,especially when you say it was flesh like.
Like The  FreshMaker,I am scratching my head.I would encourage you to see a doctor and get a blood test done.This would determine if you were pregnant or not and if,so your HCG levels would be checked to ensure they go back to 0.
Freshmaker  I hope you will also see a doctor and that you are ok.
I just had some moderate cramps followed by passing what looked like a pocket of flesh with blood clots at the bottom. I mean this thing had veins and everything. This is my first period after starting the pill skipping the placebos but i immediately began continuing onto the next month. Help?
Des_a_rae commented on Losing Gabe. :(
journey2motherhood commented on Losing Gabe. :(
AppleBr Loreena pre op blood test i... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals