Fluid around ovary

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Fluid around ovary

I just had an ultrasound today for lower abdominal pain. It showed I had about 2 cups of fluid around one of my ovaries. Dr wants to do surgery and possibly a partial hysterectomy, just remove my uterus, if he finds endometrosis. I'm not sure if this is a normal amount of fluid for a cyst and if I should just wait it out or go through with surgery.
If you had a very very large cyst then you could possibly have that much fluid once it ruptured.  it's your body and you have the right to make certain that things are what they seem before you have a life-altering surgery.  I say that you should tell your doc you want to hold off on the surgery and request that he rescan you in 3 or 4 weeks to see if the fluid level has reduced significantly.  If not then you probably will need the surgery but atleast you'll feel better knowing that you made sure before making that jump and if it comes back that the fluid has reduced significantly then you'll feel a ton better knowing that you didn't have to have an unnecessary procedure.  If your doc's not willing to give you that time and rescan then you need to look into getting a second opinion.  Good luck
redheadaussie Back in Good old Aus. Soooo... Comment
1 hr ago
redheadaussie commented on redheadaussie's status
1 hr ago
veronica0808 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals