Fluid from belly button

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Fluid from belly button

I have clear fluid in my belly button. The belly button is red inside and sore. It's been like this for 2 days now. I've been using q-tips and alcohol wipes to clean it. When it's not wet or full of fluid it gets crusty inside. There is also a very bad smell. I'm the kind of person to only go to the Dr. if I know for sure I need to. If I can do something to take care of this without going I would much rather. What should I do?
I've had the same problem since I was younger. I recently read online that it could be a type of yeast infection. Some people were using yeast infection med. on a q-tip and said it cleared it up. For me I just try to keep it clean with soap and water(try anti-bacterial maybe) and keep it as dry as possible. Put a little powder to absorb the moisture.
i have the same problem.. please i need help. mine hurts and itches. its still drippes out of liguid..please help me