Fluttering in left side of my abdomen
I just turned 42 years old and a couple a weeks ago I too started having these annoying little flutterings in the center and towards the left hand side of my abdomen.  I've had two children and realize what it feels like to have babies moving on the inside of me.  This feels exactly like that.  In fact, I too have seen what appears to be little phantom feet kicking the side of my stomach.  I've had my tubes tied for 14 1/2 years.  Alarmed by this whole thing we did a pregnancy test yesterday.  Thankfully It was negative.  Since I don't have a doctor I am looking for someone who has experienced the same things and been to a gynecologist seeking for the same answers.  Are you out there?  Can you help me please?
Sometimes we can have little muscle spasms that vibrate or twitch and feels like something is alive in there or even just under the skin. There's a specific name for that but I can't think of it right now. The next time you feel that, gently lay your hand on the area to see if you can feel the twitching. If it only lasts a couple of minutes, that's probably all it is.
I have a wrenched back, left side. At the front I have abdominal wall strain as the muscles are trying to cope. In addition I have been taking laxatives as I had advanced constipation lumps. I now have the fluttering you describe at times. I think it is the waist tickling response coming in, but agony rather than funny
Aha! The word is fasciculation.
Sill as it sounds -  wind trapped in the large intestine can feel just like this -  I have IBS and before I was diagnosed I went to my GP wth the same thing -  I was 18 and despite using contraception and having normal periods I was so sure that I must be pregnant because of the feeling of early kicking... (I had already had one baby by this point) just by listening to my colon she was able to tell me that it was trapped wind in my large intestine -  if it is in the small intestine you pass it as normal -  in the large intestine it tends to bounce a round a bit causing the fluttering sensation.

Peppermint oil, tablets, capsules even a packet of extra strong mints -  will move it on its way better than any medication....
Sounds like gas,, I actually just got that feeling yesterday and thought to myself wow feels like a baby in there,,and I also have a tubal.  I  have been getting this feeling since i was little and also have IBS.  I take simithicone (gas x) it usually works good for me
I am 69 and I started having a fluttering feeling on the right side of my abdomen just right of center of the abdomen.  It use to come and go but I have been having it every minute recently.  It is a strange sensation but not exactly a pulsing feeling.  When I bend forward a little, I feel like I have a baloon inside of me on the right side and I get an ache going across my abdomen to my back.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  At first I thought it was a pocket of air but I'm concerned it could be something more serious.  I plan on calling my doctor on Monday am.
Mine has been fluttering too. I thought it was a muscle, but when i touched it, it kinda sank in towards my stomach.  Then my lymph nodes started to swell in the same side.  I just read that ,when overactive, your spleen can swell and also it is reactive to pressure. The spleen also has arteries going in and out pumping the blood...hence the flutter?  Just my thoughts.
I am 45 and I was scared to death. I have been feeling a fluttering on my left side for a few weeks. My periods have been irregular for the last couple of years, but I have been using the nuvaring. After reading the postings it's reassuring to know that it could be caused by something other than pregnancy.
Im 40 pounds over weight and I'm only 26 recently I have been taking meds due to nerve damage. I have little fluttering sensation on my left side of my tummy.. should I be worried?? does having a baby have anything to do with it? or maybe the meds??
iamnotpregnantihavetakenallkindsofantacidsbuteverysooftyenthisballoonlikebaldupfeelingwillcomeandstayafewsecondsandleaveitsometimesmoveacrossmystomach isthereanyoneelseexperiencingthisandisthereacure keisha pleasesendanswertomyemailnomatterwhatyoucomeupwithijustneedtoknowsomethingthankyouandiftherearesomeoneelseiwouldliketoherefromthemtheycananswernowaresendtonewpostihopeitsokthanksl
I have had a strange rolling feeling in the left hand side of my pelvic area for years,sometimes I feel it more than other days, but always at night, was told by a Neurologist that it was anxiety, it does get worse if I am stressed, and angry about something, but I do get a lot of wind too, it is distressing, but I have learned to live with it, had an hysterectomy 3 years ago after many ops, and endometriosis, never had baby's,
don't give up trying to get it sorted, !!!!! but dont stress too much either, as it is probably wind in the large intestine, but bowel doc didn't seem to think it was, but what else could it be, ?

Did you ever find out what the stange little flutter was???  I am a 35 year old with 3 childeren.  I have had a tubal ligation after my 3rd child was born.  I have recently had the same little flutters in my lower left abdomen area.  I also have other symptoms that lead to, tubal ligation syndrome.