Flutters in abdomen

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Flutters in abdomen

I have been feeling this fluttery sensation on the right (your left) side of my stomach periodically over the last few months. My last menstrual was a little dark but the one prior to that was fine. I am currently on the Nuvaring but had an incident in Septemeber that led me to take the morning after pill. It is not painful but it resembles fetal movement. I don't think I am pregnant (unless the morning after pill failed 3 months ago) and have had periods since then. What could this be?
If you had your periods after the unprotected intercourse followed by the morning after pills, then chances of pregnancy are less. These fluttering movements may be due to peristaltic movements of the food in the intestines or due to muscle cramps of abdomen.

Frequent abdominal muscle cramps are seen in prolonged exercise, stress and anxiety, anemia, dehydration and deficiency of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium and in serious disorders like myotonia, vascular disorders and neurodegenerative diseases.

Eat healthy nutritious food and keep yourself well hydrated. Also get your Hb levels evaluated for anemia. Usually, these symptoms go away on their own after a balanced diet, but if the symptoms persist then a clinical evaluation by a physician is desirable.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals