Flutters on left side of stomach area
I'm 36 years old and overweight. Had my tubes tied 7 years ago. I have been experiencing a flutter like movement on my lower left side. No pain is associated with this feeling. I have no symptoms of preganacy. My cycle is normal. The feeling can be felt on the inside as well as by hand on the outside. Any idea of what this flutter might be. I have been feeling this now for a month or so. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on what this might be.
I am 43 and just had my period over a week ago. But i have felt stomache flutters for 3 weeks.  i have two teenagers ages 20 and 17.. i did take a pregnancy test it came out negative.(thank god)   it does feel like a baby kicking or moving.    
about a year ago or so i was diagnosed with Uterine fibroid. I wonder if that could be causing it.?????
i read about a woman online that had these flutters too, and hers was caused by foods and drinks with fructose in them. I stopped soda that day, and most of the fluttering stopped, however, fructose is in so many foods, i am still eliminating them. its worth a try.
What first alerted me to a dermoid ovarian cyst last year were flutters in my abdomen that I initially thought was a pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and a ct scan my md found a dermoid ovarian cyst the size of an orange on my right ovary which I ended up losing. I am now experiencing those same flutters and movements on my left side which I believe is another ovarian cyst.
I am 19 yrs. old and I have a 9 month old daughter. After breastfeeding, I've been gaining weight and reached over 160. About 2 months ago, I lost about 15 lbs. and am now down to 148 lbs. I had my period about 2 weeks ago & have also been drinking during weekends. I don't eat as much anymore, but I drink coffee often on a daily basis. For the past few days, I've been feeling movements in my stomach. Just last night, I was on lying on my stomach using my lap top. When I turned, I noticed a big movement as if it were kicking. I don't feel tired or sick. I just feel a bit weaker usual. I don't know if these are defects from after pregnancy or what, but what I do know is I am afraid and not ready to get pregnant again just yet. I haven't went for my postpardum appt. either so I am really confused. Pls. help me out.
i get it to im a 36 year old man its a weird feeling but it dosent hurt when i get the fluttering i can feel it if i put my hand on my tummy havent got a clue wat it is tho
I am 22 years old, never been pregnant, haven't had my tubes tied, and have been on BC about 7months as well. I found this site because I've been feeling this way, and ikve been worried about it all day. Has anyone gotten t the bottom of this? It appears to be rather common... Could it be early, early stages of pregnancy?
Im 20, not on birth control, nor do i have my tubes tied, i'm not pretnant, i've never had a child, but i've had the same thing for as long as i can remember. I always thought it was caused by my ovary releasing an egg, because it switches drom the left side of my lower abdomen to the right, and back and forth and so on each month. i suppose it's something else now?
okay guys.....i am amazed that all of you are feeling what im feeling !  I have been doing A LOT of research and well here is the conclusion.  If your breathing, you have parasites.  All of us have parasites and most are microscopic but some can be rather large/long in size, the world record being almost 60ft in the intestines !   Ive had every test under the sun including x-ray, ultra sound, cat scan, you name it and they still cannot find whats wrong with me. I decided after all these years of suffereing with the bowel problems and fluttering in my stomach etc... im going to have to go solo and figure this out.  Well guess what?  Back in the old days, parasite cleanse was mandatory atleast twice a year. My grandfather gave my mother castor oil twice a year to cleanse the body of parasites !  This is something that somehow has become less important and even obsolete over the years and in my opinion, if the doctors can make more money at the expense of your being ill (sshhh) why push it? why inform people and stress the importance of parasite cleanse?  Did you know there are over 300 different inds of parasites living in the human body ? Did you know there is one parasite in particular which causes diabetis?  there is a parasite for every illness.  Lack of information and knowledge of the importance of parasite cleansing has lead us into a day and age when illness is absolutely run rampid !   So all that being said, i must tell everyone about what i have learned.  This is so important that i cannot stress it enough. There are 3 herbs in particular that kill parasites in the body. I will begin my cleanse in the next couple of days and let me tell you, im a bit afraid because when i see the parasites in the toilot, i think im going to freak out.  unfortunately, its something i have to do .  Please do research on parasites in the human body and and the herbs that kill them. The pill form isnt going to do it as they only can kill up to 10 kinds of parasites.  Get the herbs that kill the eggs as well as the adult parasites otherwise one without the other will defeat the purpose.  Mix the herbs in Yogurt which is a probiotic, something parasites dont like to well.  Im trying hard to prepare myself for whats going to come out of me, but i know it has to be done.  Please research it..... its very important for all of you having the symptoms.   Parasite cleansing should be mandatory for all human life if you want to be healthy and disease free.  Get them nasty critters out of you..... i know i am.
im 23 year old mom of 2 i was on nuvaring but went off it recently i started nr coming directly off implanon and had unprotected sex several times in the first week of the ring the dr told me i didnt need backup since i went directly to dif bc it was also 5 hrs after my app. i put it in. it also slipped out once didnt know it had unprotected sex. i recently read that if your going from implanon to nr that you do have to use backup bc. now for past couple of weeks i have been feeling movement mainly in right side tomiddle of my belly my last period wasnt normal so what could this be i dont know if im pregnant or not my other pregnancies are wierd i dont want to go todr because i dont want to sound to winey or something the movements are like a rolling sensation every so often there is a quiver thrown in help im going nuts
Most of such problems are not as ordinary as we think about sometime. It happened to me b4 and I was told I would need to go through surgery, but I met a magician who helped me, you can talk to him @ ***@****
i have the same problem too,  but when i seat down i feel like presure  it starts to move also if i stand up if feels like it moves down.  
I  Just Turned 35 And I Feel Like A Baby Is Kicking Me I Had Four Kids And The Kicking Feels Exactlly The Same. I Wish Someone Knew What It Is I Feel Them Now As I Type, This Is Crazy. I Took 2 Pregnancy Tests They Came Out Positive But I Let Them Sit Out Awhile Before I Checked Them Again I'm Almost 100% Positive I'm Not Pregnant I Just Want To Know What The Movements Are.I Don't Know. But I Will Be Making Dr. Appt I Will Keep You Guys Informed Thanks For your Information.
i am a 24 year old male and have had the same issues as u stated.  my gf is 4 weeks from her due date, i too thought it was just father syndrome.  have yoiu had any insight into the issue ? im in the dark & can find no account other than yours that relates to my peroblem. thanks for any help !!!
Im so happy that I googled this cause I really thought I was going crazy. But I only started feeling this way the last few months and took 3 pregnant test all negative. I will be talking to my doctor tomorrow. Thanks so much for the advise.
all i know is if its above your navel, you would definately know if your were pregnant and no it would not be a flutter if u were, in my case it is in my lower pelvic area where my bladder and uterus is located. left side mine has been twinging all day and even as i type. it feels kinda like when a baby has the hiccups up against your pelvic area, and i can put my hand on it and feel it thumping away it started today jan 2 2012, and its also about the same  pace of when people get the hiccups, its driving me nuts because i am a mother of 4 and i know what it feels like to be pregnant. and the flutter feels exactly like when your about 4 months pregnant, but just in one concentrated spot. there is no way i could feel it this early, plus ive been real careful, because im going into surgery to have a tummy tuck in 2 days. not trying to mess that up!
any update?
I am 21 years old. I have never had kids nor my tubes tied. I keep feeling a fluttering in my lower tummy. The first time I felt it was last year directly after I had been raped. I worried I was pregnant but the doctor informed me I wasn't. I even took home tests thinking they didn't catch it at the right time. It's now been a year and I have the fluttering here and there. I'm a lesbian so I'm pretty sure it isn't a pregnacy but I'm worried. I have endometriosous but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's starting to make me worry though
Can I just say WOW. I posted the original message back in 2005. I never dreamed that so many people would have responded.

So 6 years later I still get the flutters. I have asked the dr several times and always get the same response. "it's nothing, it's normal, as long as I'm not feeling pain to not worry about it."

All I can say is go see your dr. Everyone is different and what may be true for me may not be true for you.

Good luck.
hi, for last couple of months ive been suffering with fluttering also. I am 23 and at the beginning of all this i thought i was pregnant due to a few pregnancy symptoms, anyway many negative tests later i decided i wasnt! i have had my periods regular but abit lighter then usual dont seem to have anymore symptoms. At the beginning the flutters were in my lower abdomen....and now there near my belly button and left side! its like movements sometimes they are near my ribs!! ive been suffering with awful backache lately but i have a sore kidney anyway so just but that down to that....ive also been having groin ach alot and pains in my shoulder blades! I dont know what it is but i just feel different. Sometimes i think am i pregnant but i know im not. Just very strange feelings...ive had gas before and im pretty certain it aint that...they feel so much different.
  I am 25 and a mother of 2. I too feel movement and fluttering as though I were pregnant. However, mine doesn't just stay on the left side. It started on my right side and it's a daily occurrence for me. I'm not entierly sure what it is yet but I am hoping that it's due to being pregnant. I was late last month (dec) and now (Jan) I haven't gotten my 'friend' yet....so.

Other than pregnancy I honestly have no clue as to what could cause these movements and flutters.  My mom has even felt the movement, ( I wanted to make sure it wasn't just in my head).  

If you don't think your pregnant, than I'd go see your Doctor and find out what may be causing it.

Good Luck.
I am 27 and I too am getting those fluttering symptoms.  But once in a while I get a little pain in my stomach. Not always on my left side
My hubby and I are trying to have a baby. But I don't remember having these symptoms with my first child. Can u actually feel these symptoms right away after u concieve.
Hi everyone..I'm 42 and weight 135 and have to boys 14 and 10. I've been having the same thing starting in sept 2011. It started with fetal kicks on the upper left side of my stomach, then a few days later, movement everywhere..I had two thoughts..I'm 8 months pregant or have a huge worm!..It really scared me. This wasnt normal, at all.. I went to the doctor and told him my concerns..He did an xray..He told me i have an fecal impaction.I seen it!!  And the movement was my colon spasming..It did make sense..No worms! I still have problems with the kicking though..Anyway thats what I had..but everyone should see their dr, just in case..Good luck, Hugs
Hi, did anyone get to the bottom of this problem?
im 18 n im 5'6 n about 120lbs so im not overweight and i have the same flutter like syptoms in the same spot so yea i dont think its associated with being overweight
I had at one time the exact same thing and it turned out being h-pylori, a stomach bacteria. Had to take a nasty regimen of antibiotics but fluttering left.
Oh my goodness!  This has been happening to me as well and I have been really freaked out!  My youngest of 4 is now 4 and I just started getting these fluttering feelings on the left side and it feels just like a baby!  You think I should know after having 4!  I DID go to the doctor to see and she said it could be scar tissue (from the 4 c-sections) that has grown up around my bowels and now has made it more sensitive.  I don't really think that is it, but I want some answers!  Did you find out anything else?
Well im 28 yrs old i hadmy tubes tied july 2 2010 i feel fluttering in my stomach also in my posterior area but not only that i am lactating and i developed the linea nigra the dark line that comes down your belly when your pregnant, only problem is my urine samples are coming back negative i dont know wat else to do can sum one pkease give me sum feedback
I too have had my tubes tide. I just recently started having these sane symptoms as well as fluttering, pulling in my naval, and a swelling feeling in my left side and lower back area. It really has concerned me but the Dr can't find anything abnormal
oh my. i am getting the same feeling and as well as the neckaches and im forty.  i have my tubes tied and been since 13 years ago.  This is too weird. i am at work and feel the fluttering and i put my hand on my stomach and it freaks me out. i wish someone can find out what is this if i am not pregnant.
Wow! I I have never had a child but actually went thru a (turbinacical) had cancer but went to a fertical Dr before and after. Wow thank you ladies that is not just me. I have no answers, but know in your questions you have a true sis in me. As I said I have no answers. I will ak my Dr next week. All my love from alway_safe***@****
Sometimes we run into each other for hopefully the best. I prefer ypu email me instead of FB but if is that the was private the message I try not to talk to boys bout this but seriously thank you. I am not losing my mind
FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSED IT FOR ME!
CAFFEINE!
Yes simple enough, I rarely have it anymore. I use to love Earl Grey Tea but have completely changed my diet the past 4years and only eat organic, simple extremely healthy foods. I tried to have a cup of green tea, thinking that the small amount of caffeine wouldn't bother me...well for 24 hours I had the exact same symptoms...left side fluttering...I am 47, take no meds, have been working on cleansing my liver lately...after the caffeine completely left my system the fluttering stopped and hasn't been back.
I never drink caffenine
Im 32 an i have no children. Ive been for the last 3 days been experiencing lower left flutters. Im kind of worried please any advice from someone with  no kids at all, it will b appreciated....
Did you ever find out what you had? I am having the same thing as you with tender breast, low back pain, flutter lower left. I'm 46 and have had an ablation about 8 years ago. Am miserable...wondering if you got a diagnosis? Thanks-
wow, im not on my own, i have been having these symptoms on and off for a while, but this last few days have had it constantly, thought it maybe something to do with a gall bladder op i had years ago but also maybe stress and anxiety as by brother died this week. it could partly be caused by caffine as numerous cups of tea and coffee have been consumed so will give that a go, i have also been to docs who thought i may have an infection and prescribed antibiotics and have pulled a muscle coughthing and being sick. will have to see what happens.
Have flutters in stomach. But tubes tide for 3years and haven't had a period. And this month got one more week left. What should I do? Should I be scared....
Im going through the same movement, kicking feeling. I thought I'd might had been pregnant, because of the nausea i was experiencing, so i took four urine test two at the docs. All negative. I'm now waiting on my blood test results. Iv been calling today but they're so busy. If it comes back negative, I'll be more scared then I'm already feeling. I can feel the movements with my hands, i can also feel my heart betting and the pulse in my stomach. Im so moody, have headaches everyday for a week and ahalf now, nausea, i feel hot even in and after a shower. The movements is the scaryus by far. It feels the same as when i was pregnant awhile back. People realy need to stop saying "its just gas", or "IBS", i looked IBS up and theirs so many other symptoms i do not have,like cramps, diarrhea, constipation, and lower abdominal pain. And it doesn't say anything about movements. Only gas and spasms. I have been very stressed out may be thats why my period was kind of weird. My period started without cramps even the cramp sign right before you start which has not ever happen before. The doctor said stress can make you miss or delay your period, and the movements is your body trying to make cramps. Im confused about the whole thing. If anyone has gone through these symptoms and had test done with the answers please finish your story here so all the people left with unanswered questions have some kind of an idea. Also tell us what test you when through to find out what was going on. Thank you so much.
I wondering why hasn't anyone came back and write what the answers were or are.  Has anyone gotten answers. I keep feeling that doctors think we are all crazy... they need to do their job.. they get paid sooooooooo much money, but i guess they don't get paid to care. They burly even listen, before writing you a damb perception.    

Is their any answers. Or did everybody die, whats going on............
I think you are trying to sell products to frightened people. Before anyone does a "colon cleanse" educate yourself. Here is one link: http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20110801/colon-cleansing-may-be-risky-study-finds
I have the same issue with movment in my lower right belly. no pain 1 1/2 weeks late but i have been late befor. had my tubs tied. tealy would like to know what it happening. Do not want to talk to the doc. he will proublie think im crazy. I was resently very sick for a year. Had some liver issues. all better now fill grate. Lots of antibiotics due to uti's what can you tell me?
I am on antibiotics too for pneumonia
Hi,Im 27 an 53kg.an 5,6..iv to boys and bout a year ago iv been getting what's feels like a baby moving inside even my partner can see it an feel it move its scary cause i no Im not pregnant  only ttc infact.
Could it be our insides were feeling like intestines.i don't always
feel it only once every so often.x
I feel the same movements on my left side and under my navel.  My belly has even moved like a baby was flipping head down.I have had these movements going on since October every day a couple time per hour it seems.  I even had milk comingof my breasts. Mind you that I have had my tubes tided for eighteen months.  I also have a period every month may not be on time but I have one.  I have went to the er were the doctor told me that no one totally
understands the female body and it could be phsychological in nature.  I don't know.   well good luck :)
I just started having the same feeling, started last week.  Feels like when you first feel any movement from a baby, fluttering.  Once in it felt like a stabbing pain right after the fluttering but that was the only time so far that I've felt it.  Believe me I"m not pregnant, will be 60 this year, no sex so I'm really worried about it.  I thought it could be gas but I try to lay on my stomach and nothing.  Looked this up and found lots of women experiencing the same thing with no logical answer.  Luckily I am seeing my Dr. for something else tomorrow so I will ask him and see what he sees but he will probably say it's gas as well.
I'm 41. I have had a tubal ligation when I was 37. NOw I have had a full hysterectomy. I'm experiencing very strong butterfly feeling like strong baby kicks on th eleft side of my lower abdomen. This is the side that an IUD perferated my uterus and got stuck in tissue around my bowel. I am not overweight anymore I have lost 40kg since my hysterectomy. I have scar tissue where my cervix used to be. So I am concerned this is something. I'm not in pain . JUst feels weird.
im feeling the same way over a year ago I had my gallbladder removed because I had stones there I develop gerd and now this flutter pregnancy systems sleepy all the time stomach exploding it seems so I just came back from the doctoer and everything was negative so the doctor told me to come back on sat or sun and he will give me an ultrasound but he thinks its peptic ulcers
I too have just started experiencing a fluttering or kicking ( sometimes spamming) sensation in my lower left abdomen. I'm 33,  have a 12 yr old child, no tubes tied or it'd. Do not think pregnant as have had very heavy and regular periods. Have been getting lower back pain and neck pain also.
Have read 100's of men and women with same symptoms but all say going to doc or gyro "next wk" or "tomorrow" and will keep posted on outcome. I've seen no outcomes AT ALL!!!

Btw I'm very constipated and have irregular bowel movements, strangely I've found that breaking wind, big time, lol does alleviate for a short time.
Lots of you that have posted must have bin to docs now, please could you update??
PLEASE can someone put an end to this? What is it please??
I've been having fluttering in my stomach I went to thd doc n they said that I wasn't pregnant. My tubes been tied since 2011. When I went to go to another doc bcuz of my kidney stones he the one suggested that I go n get that checked out bcuz I didn't come there for that purpose. It's something going on n idk what it is. Maybe it's in my tubes. But I need to know. Sometimes I can sleep on my stomach n other times I can't. Yes the docs isn't telling me nothing at all. I just recently got a full body exam n they told me that I was healthy but I know better. I know my body better thsn anybody else.
Muscle twitching is also called muscle fasciculation. Twitching involves small muscle contractions in the body. Your muscles are made up of fibers that your nerves control. Stimulation or damage to a nerve may cause your muscle fibers to twitch.
I am almost 56. In menopause for 7+ years. Same symptoms. Feels like a baby kicking. My guess is parasites, as I've been researching some. Question: do any of you experience hot flashes also? That is a common side effect of parasites. I'm going to look into treatment and see what I can find.  This was a great page though. Good comments and lots of parameters. At least people know they aren't alone.
I am having same issue,feels like a baby kicking, I had my tubes tied almost 5 years ago, feels so weird.  My periods have been all screwed up. I have a period every 25 days, from the day my period starts and they last 9 days long. Before I had my tubes tied I would have period once a month and they would last 3-5 days. I am 32 mother of 2.
I am 54yrs old and having something moving like snake in the right side of my stomach bt no pain what could it be I Have my uterus and ovaries removed