Flutters on left side of stomach area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Flutters on left side of stomach area

I'm 36 years old and overweight. Had my tubes tied 7 years ago. I have been experiencing a flutter like movement on my lower left side. No pain is associated with this feeling. I have no symptoms of preganacy (pregnancy). My cycle is normal. The feeling can be felt on the inside as well as by hand on the outside. Any idea of what this flutter might be. I have been feeling this now for a month or so. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on what this might be.
Hi,Have you talked to your gynecologist about this fluttering feeling?If not you need to,it might not be any thing other than nerves causing the fluttering feeling,but then again it might be some thing else either way it is best to have it checked out for your own safty.Make an appointment today,tell your gynecologist the problem.Don't leave that room until you are happy with thier answer O.K.Let me know how every thing turns out,I'll be thinking of you.Take Care TNT406.
i'm 29 and overweight and had my tubes tied 3 years ago, i too get the same feeling only once in a while, i have had sooooo many problems since my tubal,i dont think its anything to be concearned about but if its troubling you it wont hurt to ask your gyn. it doesnt happen to me all that often so i never even mentioned it to mine. take care and keep us posted if it is anything.
meg
I just turned 30 am about 50 pounds overwaight and have had my tubes tied 4 years ago. And guess what? I get that same feeling sometimes too. I have no idea why but I do.
Just thought I'd let you know.
that is so wierd isnt it?
strange thing is i have the same thing all you women are talking about it is like little baby movements.... and with no pain whatsoever, only thing is ? i am a 40 yr old man my partner has just given birth to our son and i joked it was sympathetic father syndrom (syndrome), can anyone help? i think it shouldnt be catagorised as a woman only thing, i think this would hinder the research as to what actually is causing this could it be something moving iin my bowel is it here at this side i can actually feel the movement with my hand!
I get them all the time too and it's usually nothing. The veteran Mother can feel this twitches much more easily than others.
Hi iam a 31 yr old mother of 3. I had my tubes tibes are the birth of my son in 2000. which was 7 years ago. I havent been pregnant since. But occasionally , Ive had the flutters in my left upper and lower side as if I were pregnant. I have periods occasionally. But, also since having my tubes tied many years ago, i have more problems than i ever imagined. I ve developed a condition called TUBAL LIGATION SYNDROME.. Most doctors do not tell us women about it. But it is real. This condition can and will destroy your health. Because of the blockage from the tubes being tied, the healthy blood flow thatis needed has no where to flow. Which leads to severe damage to the blood vessels in our fallopian tubes. This disorder also causes Female organs to become displaced. Meaning the move from their orgininal location in our bodies. It also cause phantom periods. Periods may not come for a year or more.
  It also may put you in a state of Menopause!! Women educate yourself on TUBAL LIGATION SYNDROME!! Google it!! ITS REAL LADIES!! I HAVE IT!! Its ruining my health!! PLease Educate yourself!!
I'm 28, 5ft and 110 llbs.  I have a two year old have been on birth control pills for about 7 months.  I feel these flutters on my lower left side and I am really concerned.  I have not had my tubes tied but we share the same common problem.  If any other women has this issue it would be nice to have feedback.
I found this site by accident as I was trying to find out what these strange symtoms (symptoms) where I was having.  I am 29 and I have these symtoms (symptoms) to.  Mine is also on the left side so that its a strange coincidence.  A few weeks ago I had a urine infection which was really bad but they gave me anti biotics and I went on my way.  It cleared up and I thought that was the end of that .......until I woke up last night with this strange fluttering feeling, feels a bit like something moving along my fallopian tube?!! (thats the only way I can describe it) Its not really a pain though more a niggleling feeling.  I have phoned the Dr and they want me to come in straight away to give a sample.  Now im worried :-(  Also I had been getting really bad nechache's and I never get neck ache, not sure if the symtoms (symptoms) are related at all but I thought I would just mention it incase anyone else had experienced the same.
I have just started getting these fluttering sensations in my lower left abdomen area.  I have a 12 yr old, I have been on the pill for years and just finished a cycle.  My tubes are not tied.  I am concerned about this.  I have no pain but it does fell as like small, fluttering baby movements.  Can it be the fallopian tube acting up? I will see my doc next week.  Does anyone have any answers or ideas as to what this is?
has anyone been examined for ovarian cysts?  also, in the lower left abdomen it could be gas.  
I HAVE TWO KIDS. MY YOUNGEST IS 8MONTHS. FOR THE PAST MONTH I'VE BEEN GETTING FLUTTERS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY STOMACH. I DON'T HAVE MY TUBES TIED. AND YES IT DOES FEEL LIKE BABY MOVEMENTS.NOW I'M GETTING WORRIED BECAUSE IT'S NOT ONLY ME AND IT MIGHT BE A PROBLEM THAT I'M UNAWARE OF.
I am 29 and have 2 children.  I had my tubes tied 4 years ago.  I started feeling this fluttering feeling last week in my lower left abdomen.  I thought I could have possibly gotten pregnant.  I have to visit my ob/gyn next week.  I am glad to see that I am not alone in this.  It just scares me because if it is not a baby, what in the world can it be?   Along with this fluttering feeling I have neck pain as well.
I am 32 and have 4 children.  My youngest is four years old.  I have also had mu tubes tied for the last four years as well.  Over the past two months I have had pregnancy symptons.  These symptons have also stopped bout two weeks ago.  I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative.  Now I too am getting the baby fluttering on my left side.  I wasn't worried about it till today, after reading every body elses.  I am concerned and hopefully some one may have information on this.

Heidi
I too have a fluttering feeling on the lower left side of my abdomen - I've had it a few times beforehand but it's only lasted a couple of minutes and gone away.  Since yesterday, it's been there constantly - I am overweight, haven't had my tubes tied and my children are 16 and 12.  Husband has had a vasectomy, so no chance of being pregnant!  It's not painful, it's just a weird sensation which is bugging me.  It's also pretty much in time with my heartbeat.
I started having this fluttering 3 days ago and it is driving me crazy.
i am 33 and had a hystorectomy summer of 2007
the flutter is on my right side of my stomach .
does anyone have any ideas what this might be??
It could just be gas.
Well,I haven't had any children,pregancy  test, both urine and blood came back negative,and haven't had any kind of tubal surgery but I too have been experiencing this strange fluttering. I was suspecting it could be gas because I have IBS but the movement is constant almost alive. I'm scare it could be a huge parasite eating away ta me LOL sorry..but the thought did cross my mind. However I did some research on intestinal parasites and I do not have all the symptoms.

A Friend suggested a tumor,which by the way was a damn scary thing to suggest! His mother was diagnosed with that so maybe that's why it crossed my friend's mind. I asked him if tumors move and he said yes.

It definitely feels like a baby moving around inside; it feels as big as a plum. I have felt it with my hand and so has my DH( DH says it feels like a heartbeat) ewww creepy hunh! I hope I'm ok and by the way sometimes these online researches cause more panic than satisfaction so just see your doctors please. I was recently rushed to the hospital with acute pain on my left side and everything including ovaries,uterus..etc came back ok. They still do not know what caused the pain . I suspect I was experiencing severe ovulating pain,although I had supposedly just ovulated the 31st ,just 3 days prior to the ER visit. I read online that severe ovulation pain has been confused with acute apendicitis when pin is on the right side,but that's how painful and crippling the ovulating pain can be,as was mine. BTW,when I was being examined,the fluttering was going nuts! (As if to sya stop doing that!) I had two types of ultra sounds done and nothing was found! My fluttering on my left side is not related to my ER visit and is not painful just very annoying.
Do I have an alien inside me or what! LOL just kidding ! Good luck!
I too have this annoying fluttering in my stomach its on the left hand side just about 3" above my belly button I don't feel it very much during the day but when I come home from work have my dinner and sit down it starts and its almost constant until I go to sleep. it seems to stop when I stand up and move about but as soon as I sit down it starts to flutter again I had it about 5 or 6 months ago and it stopped after a few days but I have had it constantly for about 2or3 weeks now. I have in the past suffered with excess acid I am 52 years old and don't know what the  feelings of a baby kicking inside feels like then again I wouldn't iam a man lol  
I had no idea I would find so many people with similar symptoms when I tried to google this issue and see if I might find some light on it.  I am 51, had a tubal ligation when I was about 28, a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago, overweight about 80 lbs., having a lot of neck and head pain, blood pressure up a bit.  I was having the same flutter or twitching feeling on my left side near the back almost and could feel it as described by many of you.  It started about a month ago and I feel it many times.  It doesn't hurt accept for my pushing on it because its nagging.  I was concerned that it was related to or pre-warning signs to the heart and blood flow being clogged or trying to pump through.  It is easy to say go to the doc, but many times they just tell you its probably related to gas or IBS or.....and you go on this crazy cycle of going doc to doc and spending money for nothing.  I had hoped for an answer and guess I will keep looking. Best wishes to all of us!
Went back out and found this info.  Please check it out.  It may be related.   Atrial Flutter -- Boyer and Koplan 112 (22): e334 -- Circulation
Blood then returns back to the heart from the lungs into the left atrium, ... Atrial flutter typically originates from the right atrium and most often ... The IVC is a large vein that brings blood back to the right side of the heart. ...
circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/112/22/e334 - Similar pages
by M Boyer - 2005 - Cited by 1 - Related articles - All 3 versions
Read down further in the article written.  Makes sense.  But time to get weight and B.P. under control.  Could be what I thought regarding heart.
i would to know i am only 31 year old i am overweight but i been trie lose weight but hard so doctor told me if i lose weight cuz i had tuble tie light  and i ask dr how i can get pregnacey again he say really hard cuz lot ppl want had another baby cuz of overweight and hight blood pressure need to lose weight then ur tubel weight will fall down  u can preg again  than paid for ivy and tuble relveal  cost waste our money for nothing so  i would to ask anyone if u hear before in overy left in there no tube both of overy it will still had pregnacy again ?? help from gertial  liqucal  or pill  and foilc aicd pill ?? will help  if u know please help me infor lot i need to know   u can talk to me email to me ***@****  like to hear from ur thank u

partese
Hi everyone I think I can help you guys figure out why you have movment in your stomach. I am 30 and have myself had the same movement, for about 2 years. Being that men have had it to and not just women it is something we both have in common, our colon. One of the ladies said joking that it's a big parisite, but she is partley right. If none of you have ever had a REAL colon cleanse you have years of fecal matter and parisites built up in your colon. Parisites are alive and do move! This build up cause soooo many problems you might be surpised to find you could have other issues related to this as well. Hair thinning, bad breath, fatiuge, acne, trouble losing weight, and so many things i can't list them all. Go to DrNatura.com. This sight offers a colon and toxin cleanse for your body. Rather you purchase and use it is up to you, but just go to the sight it has so much information, pictures and 1000's of testmonials to read. If nothing else you will be informed more and maybe have an answer to your questions. By the way I did the cleanse and all of the movement i had several times a week has stopped.
What a coincidense, I am 29 years old and a mother of three. I am sexually active with my childs father and i'm not on any birth control nor are my tubes tied. For a week now I have been feeling a tad bit nausiated after a meal and just three days ago I also felt flutterings in my stomach but I don't remember which side because I have been drinking all weekend. I am suppose to start my menstral cycle on the tenth, I am starting to think that I may be pregnant. I have also been eating more than normal but I usually eat alot when I'm getting ready to start my period. What do you all think?
lol i'm 23 and had twin boys 8 months ago, have had a regular (well now it's a mirena regular) af since then and i KNOW i'm not pregnant. i also get the fluttering feeling in the left side of stomach. for a while i thought i was pregnant. i was freaking out. it felt just like a baby kicking. the fluttering. so weird. i have an appt. with my ob at the end of the month so i think i'm gonna ask him about it.
that's wierd huh?

i'm seventeen and i get flutters or twitches on my stomach, actually i get them anywhere. I don't think it's anything bad, I'm sure they're just muscle twitches, I get them cos i don't get enough sleep and stuff, but i don't know if that's your case too.
I am 31 Y/o Female and have 2 kids and had my tubes tide for 6 years.  I have a missed period for 15 days now and have had the stomach flutters on my right side of my abdomen but no other signs of pregnancy... Home pregnancy test came back negative.. I have a doc appointment tomorrow, will keep every one posted.  There is no way I am pregnant..
i want  to anyone to know that true depo  sometime can get pregnacey or not  cuz someing i get bleed on and off and it wried ? so anyone can tell me what going  thank you
I'm so glad I found this site. I've been having he same problem (flutters in my stomach) for about a week and it's driving me nuts. I'm afraid to eat because i find it's worse after I eat. I have many symtoms (symptoms) with this, twiching all over, neck pains, migranes (migraines). Actually i had those symtoms (symptoms) long before this started. I called my doctor and plan on requesting some test. Please if anyone has been to the doctors please post it. I do feel a bit better knowing I'm not the one one. Thank you guys
I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and my tubes have been tied for 7 years. I have recently in the last few days started experiencing this fluttering in the center of my stomach right below my belly button. The first couple of times it happened I actually thought my cell phone was on vibrate and went to get it out of my pocket only to find it wasn't in my pocket. I dismissed it at first thinking I was going mad but the reoccurrence of the fluttering has increased to about every couple of hours now. Its not painful just a bit bothersome and noticeable.
I honestly don't feel like this is gas,  I'm 36 I know how my gas feels at this point in the game, its never fluttered or vibrated in my life so I don't think is going to start at this stage.
I am off to see a doctor about mine on Monday so I will keep all of you posted on the findings until then stay calm and don't panic!
Hi ya everyone
I have got these flutterings too but mine are upper left and lower right side. Sometimes at the same time and sometimes it feels like i have a baby turning around inside.
Ive had a lubal ligation 12 years ago after my 4th baby, i have done a pregnancy test which were negative. i have been tested for polysystic ovaries which was normal nothing wrong.
So i dont know what to think. I did start my period nearly 2 weeks late back in march. and all peroids since then have been between 4 and 14 days late.

hope we all find the real cause of it soon *good luck*
In my quest to find out what these were, yes I have them too.  Feels like baby movements for sure.  For the few men that have posted here,....now you know what it feels like....only multiply that by 10x at least.  My story is a little different.  I just went through my first IVF cycle and about 3 days in I started feeling the flutters.  Exactly like I did with my first two kids.  Unfortunately, the blood tests today came back negative.  I am not pregnant.  Although I feel very much pregnant right now, I am suspecting that it is just the hormones.  Searching websites for any hope that I may still be pregnant even after the blood test (taken ten days after transfer) I found one piece of info that might ring true with all of us.  Besides that it could be a pregnancy, or nerves bouncing off your skin when your blood pulses,  one person said in another website, that it was your skin slowly stretching to accomodate weight gain.  Possible I guess.  But so aren't the other explanations.  I just wish a doctor would be able to tell us all once and for all what it might be.  (Besides gas.  Gas and this are two totally different things.  This definitely feels like small baby kicks.)  Hope someone hears something useful soon.  Apparently there are lots of us wondering what is up.  Take care all.....see you around.
My name is april and i am 28 yrs old , i have been experiencing flutters and sometimes even turns and flip and i have had a urine pregnancy test and a blood test about a month ago, i would like to know if i am pregnant..?
Hi my name is Wendy and I am 25 years old. I have had one child 3 years ago before her I was diagnosed however you spell that LOL with polycystic disease which the doctor told me it would be harder for me to get pregnant well anyways I finally had my daughter after being put on meds. Now I too is experiencing flutteries in my stomach and lower back pain. I have taken test they all come back negative. Although there is possibly I could be pregnant cause we are trying again. But I have lost my insurance to get my meds that the doctor prescribe to me. And I can't go to the doctor for this cause I don't have insurance. So I don't know what to do now. I'm scared...Getting depressed...Don't know what to do about this...However I do get alittle nausea but never get really sick right after intercourse... Since the flutters have started...So I don't know what to do...Does anyone have any suggestions...Please give me some advice...My email is ***@**** please feel free to give me some...Thanks, Wendy
I have the same thing and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago.  But I was in Hawaii this summer for 2 weeks, I eat a lot of sushi and I have well water.  I'm going to the Dr. today to see if I have a parasite.  It feels like a snake thrashing around in there!!!  I'm so freaked out!
I have one ovary my cervice only. I have been having the fluttering for about one month now. It is on my right side it does not hurt and it is not gas. it does feel like when I was pregnant with my other two kids. I know for a fact you can get pregnant but it can be dangerous and I did take a test and it came back negative but so did the twins that I missed carried 10 years ago. so who knows. It does feel like a butterfly in there.
I had a  Hysterectomy in 2003, with a tubligation, I have one ovary left. In the last 2 Months I feel like there is a baby kicking, Even my family can feel it! Is it possible I can be with child?
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I'm 29, I have a 7 year old, I have a coil fitted and my partner has had the snip, but I've been getting the fluttery feelings in my stomach, mostly on the left side, and today I actually saw my stomach move! I feel an appointment with the Dr is def needed!
I too have these. I am 36 had a tubal ligation 10 yrs ago and have ovarian cysts. According to a CT scan I have many ovarian cysts. I have never found out what the flutter is but does scare me sometimes.
I am so glad to have found this site since I thought I was going insane!  I have the same thing as most of you have described - to me, it feels like a small object (snake, butterfly, etc.) moving back and forth and even flipping around in my left stomach/side area... I am 35 years old, single, on birth control, abstinent (no sex - CANNOT be pregnant).  I thought it had something to do with my gastric bypass surgery - my "inside plumbing" (so to speak) having been "changed" - I had gastric bypass 5 years ago and I have been experiencing this for at least 2 years now... sometimes it elevates my stomach/side area always on the left... I had an employee once and my mom once view this (elevation) and they immediately thought I possibly had a hernia (or an alien trying to pop out).  It is not a huge PAIN, but more so VERY VERY VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and shocking - I get freaked out and have to stand up straight or have to put all my pressure on that area!  VERY Frustrating... I have seen a doctor, done some scans, but no definitive answers still!  They tell me to go to the doctor when it occurs so they can better assess, but when it occurs I am always too far away from the hospital or one of the clinics and by the time I would make it I already know it will be calmed down as it usually stops within anywhere from 5 to about 20 minutes or so and then I am calm and just want to forget about it.  Then, there are the other times (when it does NOT elevate) like RIGHT NOW, sitting at my desk, and the movement is just swishing around... also very frustrating, slightly uncomfortable, but no pain - just WEIRD and frustrating.
Hi, your not crazy, you explain EXACTLY whats been happening with me also.  I have had two children and swear I know what a baby kicking feels like.  It was freaking me out BIG TIME.  I finally got brave enough to do a home pregnancy test - negative.  Then what is this alien moving around, swirling and fluttering around in the lower left abdomen then?
I went to me GP, two ultra sounds later showing a small cyst on left ovary.  My GP called a gyno who was positive we women get this feeling when we ovulate sometimes.  My alien didn't stop moving for two weeks flat out and now only occasionally.  The joke in my case was that I've been on the pill for that many years that the gyno thought I'd forgotten what ovulation felt like, even though I'm sure I'd never felt THIS.  You know your own body best but dont panic (like I did) there were no babies, tumours, aliens or anything my imagination dreamed up, just ovulation ?! Well that was from the gyno.  If you feel worried enough to be getting upset or this is on your mind, visit your GP.  Peace of mind is a Huge thing.  I swore I was pregnant, was about to go into meltdown as my kids are 11 and 13 and in the end it was nothing to be found and maybe its just ovaries working on making the next egg ?? hope this helps
I am sooo glad to know that I am not the only one with symptoms like this. I am 23 and a little overweight. I have a 7 mo old and have not had my tubes tied. I have fluttering and movement which feels exactly like a baby kicking on my upper to mid left side. I feel it quite often and my fiancé can feel it to. He swore I had to be pregnant to have movement like that. I have an IUD(mirena). The test was negative. I also have cramps occassionally and when I press lightly on my belly it is tender as well as right alongthe lower part of my ribcage. I don't have health insurance right now so I'm very concerned and unsure what to do to try to help my symptoms. It seems there would have to be a diagnosis forthese symptoms other than gas especially when so many have the problem.
Ive been going nuts the past 2 weeks.Last time i was with someone.this fluttering happened about 2 days later so i know it cant be a baby already. Ive had a baby girl but i lost her, so i know how it feels to have a baby move in there and thats how it feels so my mind is going crazy thinking of all the worst things. I just wanted to comment on here just to see if it would help me sort out thoughts. Not sure if anyone is even reading these comments but here are mine. It feels weird and awful at the same time and also like constipation but i can feel that butterfly in there as well.
I am 35 years old and the mother of a 16 yr old and a 11yr old. I have not had my tube tied. I have been feeling this fluttering right above my pelvic bone in my lower abdomen it is really irratating :( Its not on  either left or right side. It feels like an alien is inside me! Could it be a type of worm?
Hi, my name is Tessa...Same thing is happening and has happened to me. I am 24. Definitely not pregnant. Not on pill. No hysterectomy. I am living in Philadelphia and this happened to me when I was living in upstate New York as well. Each time it was after I had been drinking the unfiltered water for a few days. Any insight???
The fluttering on my left side drives me crazy.  I found something called abdominal pulsations which is what it feels like.  This is a sign of an aortic abdominal anuerysm.  Scary.  Ultra sound will detect it.  I think I am going to the doctor just to be safe.  I have 4 children and had a tubal 4 years ago.  This has been going on for 6 months or so off and on but has been very active in the last 3 days.  I feel better that others have the same symptoms.  When I mention this to my doctor she acted like I was crazy.  It's nothing.  You don't need to come in she said.  I thought well, I have an abnormal nagging flutter on my left side, I sure hope she knows what she is talking about.
I am 51 years old, in relatively good health although I do suffer some acid reflux.  I am not even remotely peri-menopausal according to a recent blood and hormone work-up. Up until 12 years ago, I suffered from Amenorrhea (few or no menstrual periods), but was able to detect when I was ovulating through the Billings Method, and I gave birth to 3 full-term babies (now aged 19, 22, 24).  I should add I have had 6 miscarriages, most recently a year ago when I was 50.  My periods commenced when I was 39, and are fairly regular now, between 21 - 24 days apart. My period started yesterday, so I'm sure I'm not pregnant now.

In recent weeks, I have been experiencing mysterious "fluttering" sensations in my abdomen.  They don't show externally, but I can certainly feel them inside.  They last only a few seconds, happen every few minutes almost all day long, and feel distinctly like something is moving or "turning around" inside me!  Truly, it feels like the flutters of a baby moving inside at the  5 - 6 month gestation point.  The locus of this fluttering or movement seems to be mostly on the lower left side of my abdoment, toward the front, maybe 3 inches from my bellybutton.  Is it gas?  Is it a twisted bowel?  Is it a fibrillation of a large abdominal artery?  I can't tell.

I have spent hours on the Internet trying to find and explanation for these strange symptoms.  I have also been trying to think about what changes I've made recently in my diet and lifestyle.  Eight weeks ago I joined a walking circuit group, and 5 to 6 times a week I walk 45 - 90 minute circuits indoors (I am a letter carrier and animal licence compliance officer and my jobs entail a great deal of walking, for many hours, daily).  I maintain a very healthy: no smoking, no drugs, no drinking, good sleep habits, eat very little meat, eat lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, legumes, seeds and nuts.  Two months ago I also introduced probiotics to my diet, and I drink 2 liquid yogurts per day.  There is a slight pouching of my stomach which I attribute to multiple pregnancies in the past.

What could cause this annoying  fluttering?
March 1 2010
Hey ladies, nothing to worry about.  If there's no pain, I wouldn't worry about it.  Could be a nerve, could be gas, could just plain be your intestines moving food close to a major set of nerves in that area so it's easier to feel.  Bowels never stop moving, it's most likely that.  Pay attention to what you eat and when you feel the fluttering.  If you have one, use a stethoscope to listen to your gut, you'll hear everything moving around.  That's normal.
palusesation and fluttering are two very different things ..don't you think
im 17 and have a weird feeling in my belly on the left side and i dont no what it is can any one help me
I am 36. I've had heavy, long, painful periods all of my life, but they are getting better as I get older. I had a C-section after trying to push out a breech baby for 3 hours in 95. In 99 I had a dermoid cyst burst on my right ovary. They removed the ovary laparoscopically. In 07 I had a vaginal birth and pushed for about an hour and a half. I've been losing weight for the past year, and have felt mild sharp pains in my left side for about a year. I am not on birth control and my husband had vasectomy almost exactly one year ago. The first day of my LMP was April 6th.
I have been having a sudden onset of many symptoms for, well, it will be two weeks tomorrow. And it ALL started with pulsating AND flutters below my naval and above my pubic bone, in the center, not off to the side (on the 16th). Happened sporadically for 48 hours. So strong, it would wake me from sleep, and felt just like baby flutters. That all stopped, and then lower back pain and abdominal pain set in (on the 19th). Some dull, achy pains, some sharp, all around my waist/abdomen. Nothing like the pain I had from that burst dermoid, though, not as severe. I also felt light-headed at times. This went on, and on the 23rd, I started feeling an overwhelming urge to push from uptop, like my cervix/uterus area. Very similar to the urge to bear down in childbirth. Shortly thereafter I had a sensation of constantly being on the verge of a uterine contraction, again, similar to when in childbirth.
That night I had pressure on my bladder/urethra, with sharp pains shooting down my urethra, and urgency to urinate. Upon my own examination I felt what I thought was a bulge in my vagina, so was thinking cystocile or uterine prolapse or something. I made an appointment and basically rested all weekend, with my feet up on the couch, which brought me some relief. But I also noticed shortness of breath all week, and tightness in my chest. Thinking maybe from anxiety. Also hungry but get full stomach unusually quickly.
Saw nurse practitioner on the 26th. She said everything looked like it was where it belonged, but she checked me lying down. I gave a urine sample (I'm assuming that was clear) and passed a wet prep test for bacterial infection. She said she'd order blood tests but never did. I had a trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal ultrasound yesterday. Today NP called to say it looks like a cyst on my remaining ovary. She didn't say how large, or what kind they think it could be. Tomorrow I see a very good GYN. At this moment I still feel all symptoms and the pain is increasing. I'll keep you updated as to what happens.
i have been get flutter on my left side if anyone went to a doctor can they tell me what that might be and i had my tube tied and burn
I am 40years old have 5 kids; tubes tried 12 years.have same fluttering in middle; and left side of stomach.this has been going on about 5 years.talk to my doctor.he said it come be colon problem.dont know.
i m getting this flutterings and baby like movements on the left side of my abdomen. i got freaked out and did a pregnancy test today it is negative, my obgyn has written a scan which will be done tommorow. lets see what are the results. if anyone has any ideas of similar treatments please do let me know
I am surprised how many people are reporting these same fluttering sensations, especially on the left side like mine. I have experienced things more like kicks, the first one actually spilled coffee that was resting on my abdomen.
I noticed that many of the women report having had a tubal. I have not, I do have a "Mirena" in though which is a type of IUD.
I have had 2 children and know what fetal kicks feel like and what I experienced feels EXACTLY like that. A couple of different doctors along with several pregnancy tests confirm that I am not pregnant.
Some information I have seen indicates this phenomenon may be related to phantom limb. I would like to continue to stay in touch with others experiencing the same thing I am.
I wondered if I was having some break with reality but my best friend who has a Phd in clinical psychology and my Gyn assure me that this is not a psychological issue in my case.
This is really weird.  I am 33 yrs old and this is the only time I've experienced these fluttering sensations apart from when I was pregnant with my daughter 4yrs ago.  This started about 3 days ago and is driving me nuts!!!!  I just finished my menstrual cycle 2 days ago so I can't be pregnant.  So what is it?  I saw a post about intestinal parasites.  I ate some organic fruit couple days ago and come to think about, that is when this all started.  I wonder if we all need to probably send stool samples for testing and get on some anti-parasitic medications if they come back positive.  I don't know, I've had regular bowel movements and I don't believe it's gas.  Any body with any suggestions let me know but I'll watch it for a few days and go to my primary doctor if anything.
I am 32 years old, I am also experiencing this movement in my lower left side. It really give me a scare when it started last month. I was due for my cycle on the 2nd of June it did not arrive until the 13th. I went to the docotor, to see if I was pregnant and of course the results were negative. The doctor said that I may be stressed due to my husband's recent laid off and working full time and studying my Master's degree with an active 4 yr. old  I did not mention the flutters to the doctor although I should have. I will make an appoint and do more research myself to see what I come up with. I will chime in on any information I discover...Thanks to all for your testimony and experiences, it has definitely made me fell more comfortable knowing I'm not  the only one!
if you have access to a stethoscope listen to your abdomen.  It is possible its just gas.
what ur all describing is what i have got its a phantom preganancy if u are all gaining weight and feeeling tired aswell ur body thinks u r pregnant theres nothing u can do exept stop feeling broody
I am 25 and I have had "flutters" in the upper left side of my stomach for the past week.  I can feel it inside and out and sometimes it does feel like a heartbeat.  At first I attributed it to gas, so I bought gas pills.  I've been taking the gas pills once a day, but I am still getting this flutter.  My period ended about two maybe three weeks ago and I know that I am not pregnant because pregnancy requires sex and sex is what me and my husband have failed to accomplish in the past two months.  I don't know what to do about this flutter if I should do anything at all.  I have no insurance and I don't want to look stupid showing up to an E.R. explaining this "flutter".  
I too have this flutter.  It has come and gone throughout the past several years.  I have one child, take the Depot shot for BC, Do Not smoke or Drink, I am 39, I recently had a colon cleansing, so that excludes that theory, I am overweight, I have NOT had my tubes tied, I have had staph, I have had my gallbladder removed, I have had ovarian cists.  I always assumed it was a muscle spasm, and never really took it seriously.  I am getting them now, so I thought I would surf and see what came up.  Just thought I'd share.
I am 27 years old and i get the flutter feeling in my stomach all the time. I have had my tubes tied now for 6 years. Ever since I had gotten them tied I've had nothing but problems with my overies. After they tied them I started to get cysts in my overies and the obgyn said that it was pcos. (polycystic ovarian syndrome) It has never shown up all the years untill i tied the tubes but she said it was related. the cysts are always busting and causeing alot of pain. Its hard to lose any weight in my mid section. the flutter feelin feels weird like something is kicking or moving and im not pregnant but do have pregnancy signs. I only get 4 to 5 periods a year but my obgyn said that was normal since i gotten my tubes tied. Im not sure what to do about the flutter or the painful cysts.
I'm 22 years old, one daughter who will be three this year.  I have an IUD inserted in my Uterus.  I've been experiencing this fluttering in my lower left side stomach, maybe three inches tot he left of my belly button.  The same place!! I noticed if I drank a slurpee (col) it would act up like crazy, every few min... It's such a trip... it's like something alive is moving around and fluttering and reacting to outer activities... after reading all this I don't see or hear any answers!?!?!  I'm going to talk to a doctor shortly and make sure I return to share anything i find... what are DOCTORS sayig it is or could be??  It;s undenighably there and very creepy.
I've got it too.  I'm 29, healthy, no kids, on birth control.  I recently started to do yoga and thought that it was my muscles having little spasms.  I completely agree that the flutter sensation is much more present after eating.  I'm totally stumped.
PCOS its your ovaries. I took Metformin and it stopped.
Yep me too. Tubes not tied, but for sure not prego. Have had 3 c-sections. With the first two kids I experienced gas symptoms that were exatcly like fetal movements for some time after I had them. Now, after my third baby I have had this flutter. It is on my left side just above my hip bone. I have not lost the weight from pregnancy and am still overweight. It has been nearly two years and has not gone away. I am going to see a doc. but am somewhat relieved to find so many that describe similar symptoms.
I have gotten this problem twice.  Jumping in my stomach which feels just like baby kicks.  Mine is on the lower right side, inches beneath my belly button.  I've noticed that this only happens when I wake up in the middle of the night with a full blatter.  Unfortunately, I have fallen asleep after having drank alot of water and tea.  I don't think it's anything to worry about.  Go to the potty more frequently and especially empty out before beddy bye.  Hope this helps, but also go see your doctor to rule out anything else.  It's like a warning to my body that I may get a urinary track infection if I keep it up.  Usually goes away within a few days.  Also, keep some cranberry juice at your house as this is good for urinary track infections.  
I'm in the same boat.... Very scary to think about parasites...
Will try the cleanser. Doc appoint. only in January.....

I will keep checking this forum out and if anything on my behalf happens that could help, I will post.

Hope all gets better for all of us :)
i'm shocked at how many people have this same feeling.  i'm 40, kids 2 and 5. i'm not overweight, nor have i had a tubal or any kind of implanted birth control.  i did have two csections but the last was over 2 years ago and this just started.  never had this feeling prior to about a week ago. it is definitely not gas and def not a pregnancy.  is seems like some sort of muscle spasm but without pain..  mine is also on left side just below stomach and usually above belly button but sometimes a bit lower.  no clue but hoping it doesn't go on for years like some have posted!  such a strange feeling... my dad is a doctor so i'll ask him but he will probably say gas -  which i'm pretty sure it is not!  i'll let you all know if i find out anything from him.
IM 26 ON BIRTHCONTROL, NO TUBAL, AND HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD. I HAVE THE FLUTTERING AND GOOGLED IT BROUGHT ME HERE. WAS WORRIED I WAS PREGNANT BUT FIGURED I COULDNT BE SINCE IM ON BIRTHCONTROL AND STARTED LOOKING FOR OTHER EXPLINATIONS. GLAD TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE.
I'm a 21 year old female who was experiencing these same left side flutters for close to 7 months.  I had taken 4 at home preg tests and 1 at my doctors and one blood test. ALL were negative! any how turns out last week I got massive bouts of pain went to the hospital and delivered an 8 pound 3 ounce baby boy at 42 weeks.  The fluttering was him moving over muscles and tissue in my abdominal wall. Figured I'd share this with everyone because now I have 3 children a three year old a 2 year old and a 1 1/2 week old! So take precautions GET AN ULTRA SOUND!!! my doctor never ordered me one.  That may be the only way of figuring it out!!!
Did anyone find out about what this fluttering is all about? Mine just started this am, and it's constant! WTH
I'm only 15 years old, and it's impossible for me to be pregnant. This fluttering is on the inside and out, but has only happened ocassionally over the past few days, not constantly. I have no clue what it is..
I'm 31 years old, was diagnosed with a panic disorder three months ago.  Recently, the past three days I have been having this same fluttering feeling on the left side of my body, at the very bottom of my ribcage.  Definitely not heartburn because it is on one side.  I have not been fixed, I'm not on the pill, and after my last sexual encounter I took the morning after pill - so don't imagine it's pregnancy - otherwise I would have a very active baby within a week of conception.  I do wonder, however, if this could be a manifestation of drinking too much alcohol, or could it just be anxiety acting weird - flutters used to be in my chest.  Hmmm....  Best of luck to all.
I to 29 years old mother of three had tubes tied 7 years ago thought I share my similar case. Big heavy fluttering on left side near fallopian tubes it don't hurt at all. I haven't had a normal cycle in months. Some missing cycles as well. Maybe there nerve spasm or backed cycles that's causing the discomfort. Love y'all stay strong keep your head up!
I am 29 and I too hav the same fluttering feeling in my lower left side. I also hav constant pressure like I feel like I hav to urinate..I also hav a merina iud. So idk what's goin on?
I am 28 year old mother of 2 girls. I have had my tubes clamped for 10 years now and have problems with ovarian cysts since I have gotten my tubes clamped and sevre abdominal pains off and on over the years. Just recently I have been feeling this fluttering feeling in my lower left abdomen just about everynight before I go to sleep. I just got what seems to be a really light period with really sharp cramps and pains in my abdomen. My breasts are tender my back hurts and also my neck and shoulder as well. I also feel sluggish alot too. Any insights to what this might be other then pregnancy cause I dont think it's pregnancy or gas problems.
Hi. The last time i had sex was oct 2 2010 . It is now feb 10 2011. So about 5 Months Has Passed Since Then. Ive been feeling flutters on the left side of my stomach also. Bt i come on my period every month & i havent been having any symptons other than my head hurting can someone give me some advice on what u think is wrong?
Hi Everyone... I've had this fluttering/feeling like a baby movement in my upper abdomen for at least a couple of years now.  I have tried everything I can think of.  I went the medical route, the natural route, and still no relief.  I went through the nastiness of a stool sample at the MD and tested negative for parasites and worms but I can't help wondering if it was a thorough test (esp. after reading the post where an 8 month baby was born after negative pregnancy tests - stuff happens).  I have been examined thoroughly, even having a CAT Scan because the doctor herself, even felt something.  Everything was negative and I am healthy. This is so annoying and I'm determined to find out what it is and fix it.  I tried Dr. Natura and the first month I did it, it the movement stopped completely and my tummy was noticably smaller.  I think my mistake was not continuing with a 2nd and third month.  I'm gone through several 30 day cleanses since that but this movement, whatever it is, seems unphased.  I'm going to try one more time and do it for 3 months.  If I have success, I'll let you guys know.  If anyone has had success with anything, please help us all and let us know what has worked for you.  At this point, I'm willing to try almost anything.  I'm embarrassed to even have my husband lay his head on me because of the movement.  It's embarrassing!
I was also looking online to see what is the cause of my symptoms and found this from all these women with the same strange symptoms.  I am 33 and had my tubes tied in Oct 2002 shortly after my 2nd child was born.  I am now experiencing the fluttering feeling in my lower left abdomen. My period is due any day but no symptoms like cramps or anything that its coming as I usually do.  
Within the last few days maybe a week I have experienced the same fluttering sensation in my stomach (not confined to the left side). I am a 38 years old mother of 3, had my last child in Dec of 2008 by C-Section and had a tubal ligation at the same time. I have noticed that my periods are longer and heavier, I cramp more and my PMS is out of control since my tubes were tied...and now this! I mean it isn't painful and it sounds a lot like what many of you have said. I've looked all over the internet and only found something about aortic aneurysms and I refuse to believe that that is what it is.  Crazy so many of us experience this but there is very little info about it or a certain diagnosis. Just wondering has anyone learned anything about this phenomena at all????
I take, and have taken Metformin for 6 years, and my flutters began about 2 weeks ago. I have been pregnant 5 times and have 4 children. It feels like pregnancy, but I have no uterus or tubes, just ovaries. I had the hysterectomy a year ago February 3rd. I figured I'd take a pregnancy test, some vitamin supplements for potassium and magnesium and see what happens.
Hi All,

I am 31 years old and the mother of a 5 and 2 year old. I too have been having the movements in my lower abdomin (abdomen) area. The only difference is mine are not limmited to just the left side. They are all over.

Its a shocking feeling, not painful in the least, still startling. Not sur if I could be pregnant or not because my husband and I do not use any birthcontrol. My last real period was in Jan. My periods have been very heavy since I had my last child and soon after found out I have uterine fibroids which cause heavy and long cycles. I also was said to have PCOS which cause infrequent cycle, but my cycles have been like clock work since i had my son (expect when i was pregnant with my daughter).
Now nothing for almost 2 months and i have pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) but a neg HPT. AND HERE COME THE FLUTTER to add to it....so IDK.

I will update when I find out something

oh my!  i've been getting the same sort of feelings the past 3 days in my upper right side.  i have 4 children and have had mirena for 1 1/2 years...  haven't had a period in probably a year.  no pregnancy symptoms, but some weight gain which i blame to eating out alot lately.  all these posts on possible parasites just gross me out.  i'd rather be pregnant.  has anyone been to the doctor yet?
i am a 26 yr old mother of 3 i had my tubes tied after my son birth 4 yrs ago and i to feel the flutters all over the place and sometimes i feel a lot of pressure on my lower abdomen.. I get a regular period every month. I really dnt think im pregnant because i got them tied so i really need answers
Someone please help am freaking out. Am experiencing the same thing.  
i have been having flutterings too. im 25. i have one child. i am on my period so don't think i could be pregnant. And was on depo until april when i didnt get my second shot, i did have sex with my bf up until the middle of may or so but didnt think i would be fertile b/c depo stays so long in system. And he was taking steroids. Any possibility? but i am also having bad headaches!! i dont know what this could be and just moved to a new state and dont have any insurance yet!!! if its possible to be something bad please let me know what the doc says!!! and i dont usually get headaches often. The flutter has only happened about 3, 4 times and dont think if it was even possible for me to be pregnant that id be far enough along to feel movement but would be 2nd kid... idk i am so confused.. and confused b/c im on period now although its more brownish in color not bright red.. for the most part, not super heavy either.
I have the same fluttering feelings. I am 30 years old and just had a baby 1 year ago. I have never had my tubes tied. I have also been getting neck and head aches. It's very strange.  Anybody figure out what it is?
I am 26 have a 6 year old, I don't have my tubes tied, I haven't been on birth control since I was 18-19, so I know it's none of those being the cause. I am 30+lbs overweight, I have been feeling the same fluttering as everyone else. Mine is on the left side of my bellybutton and I feel the movement above & below my bellybutton, or even level with it- but always on the left. It's driving me crazy and I can feel it from the inside, and even by touching the outside, and can SEE it which REALLY freaks me out. For the last few months  have been having strange periods. They always come ontime, but I only truly bleed any significant amount for one day, then for only a couple days after that the bleeding is like it's already ended- very little blood and very dark (sorry if TMI). I had recently been having moderate nausea in the evenings, which you can have when you are pregnant as opposed to in the morning (which I did have severe morning sickness with my first child), and I have also had a swolen pressure sensation in my lower abdomen (like when I'm on my period), and have had a pinchy sensation in my cervix / uterus area. I decided to take a cheap home pregnancy test that I already had at home, and it came back negative. But with my 1st child, the home urine tests never showed positive anyway. I've seen the shows where women 'didn't know they were pregnant' and gave birth, so when I started having all these weird coincedences, and now with the fluttering, that was where I drew the line and broke down and tried the prego test.

I do have pets and if you've ever seen the show "Monsters inside me" you learn a ton about parasites. Our pets get them so easily, and if you have pets, and love on them, and your pets go outdoors but live indoors with you, you too can get these parasites they carry. In foreign countries they pass out de-parasitic pills of some sort to help the sick/needy. Usually they get it from their food and drinking water. Here, we don't even think about the fact that we very well could have parasites until we have terrible symptoms and nothing else has proven to be the cause. Here we think of parasites as a 'last resort' cause to check for. It's too easy to get parasites and it is too easy to test for some kinds I'd imagine, others may be more difficult, but how many people in America that have pets, live normal lives, have ever taken a de-parasitic pill for the benefit of the doubt? Many would be too proud to ask for one I'm afraid. It's sad. It's better to get over the embarassment and just take a chance on it. And even if you only had one little parasite that just entered your body that day, it'd still be cleaning it out of you as opposed to letting it grow out of control. I think we all should be checked for that. It sounds like few have even considered it to be a possibility.
Hi, I am 29 and a mother of two. I to had these flutter movements in my stomach a couple of years ago. Knowing that my husband and I couldn't have anymore children I thought maybe I was nuts but after really describing this to my doc he wanted to run a scope and found that I had massive adhesions growing  all over my uterus,fallopian tubes, and ovaries therefore leading to my hysterectomy. So while it may be something very simple go get it checked out...I'm glad i did
I also get the neck aches along with the fluttering. I have lower back/glatues on my right side. I can't sit on the toilet to long, cross my legs, sit or stand for a long time without tingling in my legs and feet and numbness. I also get chest pains, heartburns, and tubal cramps. I have no idea what wrong with my body and really can't afford to go to a doctor. All I know, is that I was fine before I got a Mirena 4 years ago after having my second child. My bowel movements have even changed. I'm mostly normal, but then maybe once every 2 or 3 months I get a pain on my left side and my bowels come out like water! I really wish I could afford to go to a doctor asap....I'm so scared.
The same thing is happening to me. However I have not had my tubes tied. I'm 30 with 3 children. It creeps me out sometimes when it flutters
Wow ... just took a chance on searching for answers to my fluttering and find lots of other folks with the same issues.

I have experienced the fluttering off and on for several years now.  It's getting worse though.  I can feel it ... inside and out.  Sometimes its like a large kick.  UGH!

Have been pregnant several times and it feels just like a baby kicking.

I have had my tubes tied for many years (more than 20) and I am also 50 lbs overweight.

I have also had several abdominal surgeries so the person who mentioned adhesions in a post had my attention.  That could be my issue.  It could also be colon/intestine related (I suffer from bouts of IBS) as well as any number of other things.

I see also in the posts that even those people who have visisted a dr and had many tests run are still unsure of what is causing this issue.  

I am unsure what to do at this point.

I don't have insurance and am not just going to show up at the ER with complaints of this because it's "not painful or life-threatening" as far as I know.

Oh ... I do have one child (age 34) and miscarried five times, had two ectopic pregnancies so I have no tubes left.  Do have ovaries and uterus however.

I hope someone figures out what is causing their issues and shares it with us.

WOLFIE
I'm freaked out...I'm 27 yrs old, and I have had the same problem as you ladies....But it is up by my left ribs......No pain, just feels like baby kicks....IDK what this could be....I would have to be @ least 16 weeks prego to feel kicks and for it to be up so high, I would have to be much farther aong....But  I had surgery almost 3 months ago and was sure they tested me for pregnancy....I'm very scared.....I know I will take a prego test today but the odds are I'm not which makes me wonder what else it could be and if it could be serious....Could someone help with some ideas??? PLEASE!!!
Was telling my friend about my flutters and she said "google it" and wow... there are many of us.  Mine are in my right side though... just started a couple of days ago about 4 inches above belly button.  I am 55, overweight, had my tubes tied 23 years ago, had my ovaries removed 16 years ago and when I had that done I ended up in surgery longer than expected because the Dr. had to remove "lots of scar tissue" from my tubal ligation so when I read the post about the adhesions that got my attention too and got me to thinking that I have been feeling kinda strange in the abdominal area the past months... like somethings being squished or just not right. ( I could blame it on the excess weight but I've been overweight for a long time and not felt this before)  Even my fingernails are doing weird things and I know that's not a good sign so I guess it's time to see the Dr.  As some of you say though even then they don't find anything and like so many, I don't have insurance and not a lot of money so it's not so easy because you know they usually want to run all kinds of tests that costs $1000's and then still know nothing..........   It's nice knowing you're not alone but I wish we could ALL find an answer to our "FLUTTERS".  
Same but not, mine feels like its in rib, then middle of rib, then sometimes moves down above belly button then back up.
I feel the movement too, and can see it, and can't believe that no doctor has found this site to post back to anyone on..have you all ever found a site in which so many people, including men, post symptoms that are so ALIKE?  which means there are many more of us. I think the three people who posted about parasites, specifically Considerate from Tennessee, are probably right. We know nothing about parasites in this country. Many doctors overlook this as a cause. But this alien thing inside IS freaking me out too. I read that it is hard to test for certain ones. But you know most of our meat comes from the same places in this country. It is possible we all bought and ate some meat and/or produce that was infected. And nobody knows when or where because they take so long to grow.  My bloat is unbearable. I am not overweight. The movement is more at night when I read in bed or just lie down. It is above and around my belly button. I felt the heartbeat effect also. I also have had two children and am not sexually active for the past 4 years. I also had adhesions from a PID when I was much younger but never had these feelings until recently. I am 43.
I am so worried that we all have something we should not have. Something sinister like worms.  Cysts on ovaries someone mentioned? My mother had two grapefruit size things removed long ago. However, I read about a worm that attaches to our organs. It is probably easier to tell a woman to have her ovaries removed that risk removing that parasite.

Would doctors want to risk telling people that we Americans may have worms? We here in America have enough people who travel everywhere who may bring back parasites, or as Considerate pointed out many of us have pets, and we import loads of food also.  We need to speak up so more research can be done on this. Columbia University or Mayo Clinic would love to hear from us I would suppose since we are so vocal and so descriptive. Can someone get Dr. Oz on board? HELP US PLEASE? The sites about colon cleaning freak me out because I can't believe that would flush a parasite unless a doctor told me so.  Right now the feeling has been going on for about 3 hours...

I'm 22. Have had a hysterectomy and my tubes are tied. Been feeling the same fluttering for two days now. But have recently had a growing neck pain!! I'm getting freaked out reading this. I thought I was crazy! It feels like a baby kicking!! I've had two so I know the feeling.
Has anyone thought abour or asked about whether they have endometriosis? It often develops more in the child-bearing years and can bind organs together inside near your uterus area. I too have these flutters (I have for about the last 10 months) and was told earlier in life that I had signs of endometriosis... I'm actually wondering if that might be what the cause is. Many women have this and don't even know about it - I will post after I see my doctor next and will let you know if I can confirm any correlation. Glad to know I'm not alone in this weird feeling!
I am 43 and just had my period over a week ago. But i have felt stomache flutters for 3 weeks.  i have two teenagers ages 20 and 17.. i did take a pregnancy test it came out negative.(thank god)   it does feel like a baby kicking or moving.    
about a year ago or so i was diagnosed with Uterine fibroid. I wonder if that could be causing it.?????
i read about a woman online that had these flutters too, and hers was caused by foods and drinks with fructose in them. I stopped soda that day, and most of the fluttering stopped, however, fructose is in so many foods, i am still eliminating them. its worth a try.
What first alerted me to a dermoid ovarian cyst last year were flutters in my abdomen that I initially thought was a pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and a ct scan my md found a dermoid ovarian cyst the size of an orange on my right ovary which I ended up losing. I am now experiencing those same flutters and movements on my left side which I believe is another ovarian cyst.
I am 19 yrs. old and I have a 9 month old daughter. After breastfeeding, I've been gaining weight and reached over 160. About 2 months ago, I lost about 15 lbs. and am now down to 148 lbs. I had my period about 2 weeks ago & have also been drinking during weekends. I don't eat as much anymore, but I drink coffee often on a daily basis. For the past few days, I've been feeling movements in my stomach. Just last night, I was on lying on my stomach using my lap top. When I turned, I noticed a big movement as if it were kicking. I don't feel tired or sick. I just feel a bit weaker usual. I don't know if these are defects from after pregnancy or what, but what I do know is I am afraid and not ready to get pregnant again just yet. I haven't went for my postpardum appt. either so I am really confused. Pls. help me out.
i get it to im a 36 year old man its a weird feeling but it dosent hurt when i get the fluttering i can feel it if i put my hand on my tummy havent got a clue wat it is tho
I am 22 years old, never been pregnant, haven't had my tubes tied, and have been on BC about 7months as well. I found this site because I've been feeling this way, and ikve been worried about it all day. Has anyone gotten t the bottom of this? It appears to be rather common... Could it be early, early stages of pregnancy?
Im 20, not on birth control, nor do i have my tubes tied, i'm not pretnant, i've never had a child, but i've had the same thing for as long as i can remember. I always thought it was caused by my ovary releasing an egg, because it switches drom the left side of my lower abdomen to the right, and back and forth and so on each month. i suppose it's something else now?
okay guys.....i am amazed that all of you are feeling what im feeling !  I have been doing A LOT of research and well here is the conclusion.  If your breathing, you have parasites.  All of us have parasites and most are microscopic but some can be rather large/long in size, the world record being almost 60ft in the intestines !   Ive had every test under the sun including x-ray, ultra sound, cat scan, you name it and they still cannot find whats wrong with me. I decided after all these years of suffereing with the bowel problems and fluttering in my stomach etc... im going to have to go solo and figure this out.  Well guess what?  Back in the old days, parasite cleanse was mandatory atleast twice a year. My grandfather gave my mother castor oil twice a year to cleanse the body of parasites !  This is something that somehow has become less important and even obsolete over the years and in my opinion, if the doctors can make more money at the expense of your being ill (sshhh) why push it? why inform people and stress the importance of parasite cleanse?  Did you know there are over 300 different inds of parasites living in the human body ? Did you know there is one parasite in particular which causes diabetis?  there is a parasite for every illness.  Lack of information and knowledge of the importance of parasite cleansing has lead us into a day and age when illness is absolutely run rampid !   So all that being said, i must tell everyone about what i have learned.  This is so important that i cannot stress it enough. There are 3 herbs in particular that kill parasites in the body. I will begin my cleanse in the next couple of days and let me tell you, im a bit afraid because when i see the parasites in the toilot, i think im going to freak out.  unfortunately, its something i have to do .  Please do research on parasites in the human body and and the herbs that kill them. The pill form isnt going to do it as they only can kill up to 10 kinds of parasites.  Get the herbs that kill the eggs as well as the adult parasites otherwise one without the other will defeat the purpose.  Mix the herbs in Yogurt which is a probiotic, something parasites dont like to well.  Im trying hard to prepare myself for whats going to come out of me, but i know it has to be done.  Please research it..... its very important for all of you having the symptoms.   Parasite cleansing should be mandatory for all human life if you want to be healthy and disease free.  Get them nasty critters out of you..... i know i am.
im 23 year old mom of 2 i was on nuvaring but went off it recently i started nr coming directly off implanon and had unprotected sex several times in the first week of the ring the dr told me i didnt need backup since i went directly to dif bc it was also 5 hrs after my app. i put it in. it also slipped out once didnt know it had unprotected sex. i recently read that if your going from implanon to nr that you do have to use backup bc. now for past couple of weeks i have been feeling movement mainly in right side tomiddle of my belly my last period wasnt normal so what could this be i dont know if im pregnant or not my other pregnancies are wierd i dont want to go todr because i dont want to sound to winey or something the movements are like a rolling sensation every so often there is a quiver thrown in help im going nuts
Most of such problems are not as ordinary as we think about sometime. It happened to me b4 and I was told I would need to go through surgery, but I met a magician who helped me, you can talk to him @ ***@****
i have the same problem too,  but when i seat down i feel like presure  it starts to move also if i stand up if feels like it moves down.  
I  Just Turned 35 And I Feel Like A Baby Is Kicking Me I Had Four Kids And The Kicking Feels Exactlly The Same. I Wish Someone Knew What It Is I Feel Them Now As I Type, This Is Crazy. I Took 2 Pregnancy Tests They Came Out Positive But I Let Them Sit Out Awhile Before I Checked Them Again I'm Almost 100% Positive I'm Not Pregnant I Just Want To Know What The Movements Are.I Don't Know. But I Will Be Making Dr. Appt I Will Keep You Guys Informed Thanks For your Information.
i am a 24 year old male and have had the same issues as u stated.  my gf is 4 weeks from her due date, i too thought it was just father syndrome.  have yoiu had any insight into the issue ? im in the dark & can find no account other than yours that relates to my peroblem. thanks for any help !!!
Im so happy that I googled this cause I really thought I was going crazy. But I only started feeling this way the last few months and took 3 pregnant test all negative. I will be talking to my doctor tomorrow. Thanks so much for the advise.
all i know is if its above your navel, you would definately know if your were pregnant and no it would not be a flutter if u were, in my case it is in my lower pelvic area where my bladder and uterus is located. left side mine has been twinging all day and even as i type. it feels kinda like when a baby has the hiccups up against your pelvic area, and i can put my hand on it and feel it thumping away it started today jan 2 2012, and its also about the same  pace of when people get the hiccups, its driving me nuts because i am a mother of 4 and i know what it feels like to be pregnant. and the flutter feels exactly like when your about 4 months pregnant, but just in one concentrated spot. there is no way i could feel it this early, plus ive been real careful, because im going into surgery to have a tummy tuck in 2 days. not trying to mess that up!
any update?
I am 21 years old. I have never had kids nor my tubes tied. I keep feeling a fluttering in my lower tummy. The first time I felt it was last year directly after I had been raped. I worried I was pregnant but the doctor informed me I wasn't. I even took home tests thinking they didn't catch it at the right time. It's now been a year and I have the fluttering here and there. I'm a lesbian so I'm pretty sure it isn't a pregnacy but I'm worried. I have endometriosous but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's starting to make me worry though
Can I just say WOW. I posted the original message back in 2005. I never dreamed that so many people would have responded.

So 6 years later I still get the flutters. I have asked the dr several times and always get the same response. "it's nothing, it's normal, as long as I'm not feeling pain to not worry about it."

All I can say is go see your dr. Everyone is different and what may be true for me may not be true for you.

Good luck.
hi, for last couple of months ive been suffering with fluttering also. I am 23 and at the beginning of all this i thought i was pregnant due to a few pregnancy symptoms, anyway many negative tests later i decided i wasnt! i have had my periods regular but abit lighter then usual dont seem to have anymore symptoms. At the beginning the flutters were in my lower abdomen....and now there near my belly button and left side! its like movements sometimes they are near my ribs!! ive been suffering with awful backache lately but i have a sore kidney anyway so just but that down to that....ive also been having groin ach alot and pains in my shoulder blades! I dont know what it is but i just feel different. Sometimes i think am i pregnant but i know im not. Just very strange feelings...ive had gas before and im pretty certain it aint that...they feel so much different.
  I am 25 and a mother of 2. I too feel movement and fluttering as though I were pregnant. However, mine doesn't just stay on the left side. It started on my right side and it's a daily occurrence for me. I'm not entierly sure what it is yet but I am hoping that it's due to being pregnant. I was late last month (dec) and now (Jan) I haven't gotten my 'friend' yet....so.

Other than pregnancy I honestly have no clue as to what could cause these movements and flutters.  My mom has even felt the movement, ( I wanted to make sure it wasn't just in my head).  

If you don't think your pregnant, than I'd go see your Doctor and find out what may be causing it.

Good Luck.
I am 27 and I too am getting those fluttering symptoms.  But once in a while I get a little pain in my stomach. Not always on my left side
My hubby and I are trying to have a baby. But I don't remember having these symptoms with my first child. Can u actually feel these symptoms right away after u concieve (conceive).
Hi everyone..I'm 42 and weight 135 and have to boys 14 and 10. I've been having the same thing starting in sept 2011. It started with fetal kicks on the upper left side of my stomach, then a few days later, movement everywhere..I had two thoughts..I'm 8 months pregant or have a huge worm!..It really scared me. This wasnt normal, at all.. I went to the doctor and told him my concerns..He did an xray..He told me i have an fecal impaction.I seen it!!  And the movement was my colon spasming..It did make sense..No worms! I still have problems with the kicking though..Anyway thats what I had..but everyone should see their dr, just in case..Good luck, Hugs
Hi, did anyone get to the bottom of this problem?
im 18 n im 5'6 n about 120lbs so im not overweight and i have the same flutter like syptoms (symptoms) in the same spot so yea i dont think its associated with being overweight
I had at one time the exact same thing and it turned out being h-pylori, a stomach bacteria. Had to take a nasty regimen of antibiotics but fluttering left.
Oh my goodness!  This has been happening to me as well and I have been really freaked out!  My youngest of 4 is now 4 and I just started getting these fluttering feelings on the left side and it feels just like a baby!  You think I should know after having 4!  I DID go to the doctor to see and she said it could be scar tissue (from the 4 c-sections) that has grown up around my bowels and now has made it more sensitive.  I don't really think that is it, but I want some answers!  Did you find out anything else?
Well im 28 yrs old i hadmy tubes tied july 2 2010 i feel fluttering in my stomach also in my posterior area but not only that i am lactating and i developed the linea nigra the dark line that comes down your belly when your pregnant, only problem is my urine samples are coming back negative i dont know wat else to do can sum one pkease give me sum feedback
I too have had my tubes tide. I just recently started having these sane symptoms as well as fluttering, pulling in my naval, and a swelling feeling in my left side and lower back area. It really has concerned me but the Dr can't find anything abnormal
oh my. i am getting the same feeling and as well as the neckaches and im forty.  i have my tubes tied and been since 13 years ago.  This is too weird. i am at work and feel the fluttering and i put my hand on my stomach and it freaks me out. i wish someone can find out what is this if i am not pregnant.
Wow! I I have never had a child but actually went thru a (turbinacical) had cancer but went to a fertical Dr before and after. Wow thank you ladies that is not just me. I have no answers, but know in your questions you have a true sis in me. As I said I have no answers. I will ak my Dr next week. All my love from alway_safe***@****
Sometimes we run into each other for hopefully the best. I prefer ypu email me instead of FB but if is that the was private the message I try not to talk to boys bout this but seriously thank you. I am not losing my mind
FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSED IT FOR ME!
CAFFEINE!
Yes simple enough, I rarely have it anymore. I use to love Earl Grey Tea but have completely changed my diet the past 4years and only eat organic, simple extremely healthy foods. I tried to have a cup of green tea, thinking that the small amount of caffeine wouldn't bother me...well for 24 hours I had the exact same symptoms...left side fluttering...I am 47, take no meds, have been working on cleansing my liver lately...after the caffeine completely left my system the fluttering stopped and hasn't been back.
Im 32 an i have no children. Ive been for the last 3 days been experiencing lower left flutters. Im kind of worried please any advice from someone with  no kids at all, it will b appreciated....
Did you ever find out what you had? I am having the same thing as you with tender breast, low back pain, flutter lower left. I'm 46 and have had an ablation about 8 years ago. Am miserable...wondering if you got a diagnosis? Thanks-
wow, im not on my own, i have been having these symptoms on and off for a while, but this last few days have had it constantly, thought it maybe something to do with a gall bladder op i had years ago but also maybe stress and anxiety as by brother died this week. it could partly be caused by caffine as numerous cups of tea and coffee have been consumed so will give that a go, i have also been to docs who thought i may have an infection and prescribed antibiotics and have pulled a muscle coughthing and being sick. will have to see what happens.
Have flutters in stomach. But tubes tide for 3years and haven't had a period. And this month got one more week left. What should I do? Should I be scared....
Im going through the same movement, kicking feeling. I thought I'd might had been pregnant, because of the nausea i was experiencing, so i took four urine test two at the docs. All negative. I'm now waiting on my blood test results. Iv been calling today but they're so busy. If it comes back negative, I'll be more scared then I'm already feeling. I can feel the movements with my hands, i can also feel my heart betting and the pulse in my stomach. Im so moody, have headaches everyday for a week and ahalf now, nausea, i feel hot even in and after a shower. The movements is the scaryus by far. It feels the same as when i was pregnant awhile back. People realy need to stop saying "its just gas", or "IBS", i looked IBS up and theirs so many other symptoms i do not have,like cramps, diarrhea, constipation, and lower abdominal pain. And it doesn't say anything about movements. Only gas and spasms. I have been very stressed out may be thats why my period was kind of weird. My period started without cramps even the cramp sign right before you start which has not ever happen before. The doctor said stress can make you miss or delay your period, and the movements is your body trying to make cramps. Im confused about the whole thing. If anyone has gone through these symptoms and had test done with the answers please finish your story here so all the people left with unanswered questions have some kind of an idea. Also tell us what test you when through to find out what was going on. Thank you so much.
I wondering why hasn't anyone came back and write what the answers were or are.  Has anyone gotten answers. I keep feeling that doctors think we are all crazy... they need to do their job.. they get paid sooooooooo much money, but i guess they don't get paid to care. They burly even listen, before writing you a damb perception.    

Is their any answers. Or did everybody die, whats going on............
I think you are trying to sell products to frightened people. Before anyone does a "colon cleanse" educate yourself. Here is one link: http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20110801/colon-cleansing-may-be-risky-study-finds
I have the same issue with movment in my lower right belly. no pain 1 1/2 weeks late but i have been late befor. had my tubs tied. tealy would like to know what it happening. Do not want to talk to the doc. he will proublie think im crazy. I was resently very sick for a year. Had some liver issues. all better now fill grate. Lots of antibiotics due to uti's what can you tell me?
Hi,Im 27 an 53kg.an 5,6..iv to boys and bout a year ago iv been getting what's feels like a baby moving inside even my partner can see it an feel it move its scary cause i no Im not pregnant  only ttc infact.
Could it be our insides were feeling like intestines.i don't always
feel it only once every so often.x
I feel the same movements on my left side and under my navel.  My belly has even moved like a baby was flipping head down.I have had these movements going on since October every day a couple time per hour it seems.  I even had milk comingof my breasts. Mind you that I have had my tubes tided for eighteen months.  I also have a period every month may not be on time but I have one.  I have went to the er were the doctor told me that no one totally
understands the female body and it could be phsychological in nature.  I don't know.   well good luck :)
I just started having the same feeling, started last week.  Feels like when you first feel any movement from a baby, fluttering.  Once in it felt like a stabbing pain right after the fluttering but that was the only time so far that I've felt it.  Believe me I"m not pregnant, will be 60 this year, no sex so I'm really worried about it.  I thought it could be gas but I try to lay on my stomach and nothing.  Looked this up and found lots of women experiencing the same thing with no logical answer.  Luckily I am seeing my Dr. for something else tomorrow so I will ask him and see what he sees but he will probably say it's gas as well.
I'm 41. I have had a tubal ligation when I was 37. NOw I have had a full hysterectomy. I'm experiencing very strong butterfly feeling like strong baby kicks on th eleft side of my lower abdomen. This is the side that an IUD perferated my uterus and got stuck in tissue around my bowel. I am not overweight anymore I have lost 40kg since my hysterectomy. I have scar tissue where my cervix used to be. So I am concerned this is something. I'm not in pain . JUst feels weird.
im feeling the same way over a year ago I had my gallbladder removed because I had stones there I develop gerd and now this flutter pregnancy systems sleepy all the time stomach exploding it seems so I just came back from the doctoer and everything was negative so the doctor told me to come back on sat or sun and he will give me an ultrasound but he thinks its peptic ulcers