Folic Acid Pills and HPV

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Folic Acid Pills and HPV

Hi guys,

Last summer I was diagnosed with HPV due to an abnormal pap smear. I followed all my doctors orders and had all my pap smears that were needed after the diagnoses. All, my pap smears since my diagnoses came back normal. So, my doctor told me it was ok for me to go back to having my pap smears once a year now. My question though is that I have been taking a multiple vitamin, aloe vera gel pills, and folic acid pills. This is just to keep my body healthy and my immune system healthy so that my body can continue to fight off this HPV. my question is regards to the folic acid though is that am I taking to much? The multiple vitamin i take already take has 800mg of folic acid and than i take a regular folic acid pill that is 400mg. Am I consuming to much. If so will it cause any harm to my body?

any information that you all can share with me I will greatly appreciate it. thanx.
Folic acid is a B vitamin.  From what I remember, B vitamins are water soluble, not fat soluble.  This means, any folic acid you don't need is excreted in your pee.  I'd be glad to learn if this is not correct but think it is.  You could ask a pharmacist.
Folic acid has few side effects, even when taken in high amounts. Although the folic acid itself is not a problem, supplemental folic acid can mask symptoms of pernicious anemia. So take it under a doctor’s guidance. You can also take foods rich in folic acid like leafy vegetables (such as spinach, broccoli, and lettuce), okra, asparagus, fruits (such as bananas, melons, and lemons) beans, yeast, mushrooms, meat (such as beef liver and kidney), orange juice, and tomato juice.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

TinaR10, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
mcjsmith added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
TinaR10 9 days to I see my baby aga... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals