Foul Odor,Vaginal Discharge,and Blood Spotting.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

heyyy i have a good question,i have been having a foul odour down below for a few months now,and vaginal discharge,so i went to the doctor,and he gave me antibiotics for a bacterial infection,but whatever it was didnt go away,its still stinky,dischargy and now there seems to be little spots of blood in the front of my vaginal area?,i've also been experiencing back pain,nausea,stomache pains and pelvic pains,any ideas as to what it could be?,my doctors going away from march break so im trying to figure out if it serious enough to go to the hospital and wait like 8 hours to get it checked out or if i should wait?,any ideas?
Did your doctor perform an exam to rule out the possibility of an STI? If you're in pain and antibiotics did not work, it's definitely a good idea to go get checked out as soon as possible. Untreated infections can lead to infertility or worse. Good luck.
Foul smeeling vaginal discharge is due to some sexually
transmitted disease like trichmoniasis or Chlamydia. Please get a cervical swab from a gynecologist done to confirm it. Your doctor may do a pelvic examination and a microscopic examination of the discharge.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.