Freakin Itchy!!! -_-

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Freakin Itchy!!! -_-

For almost a week now I've been experiencing lots of itching (mainly at night) on my labia majora (and only on the left side). I usually only get it a couple days after I shave when the hair grows back. But this time it's driving me nuts and I actually scratched it to the point where it burns. It doesn't hurt when I pee, it hurts when I wipe, actually, it hurts when anything touches it. I shaved on Friday (April 19th) and I had no itching. I also used body wash, but that's never made me itchy. I don't know why I'm so itchy now.
I do have eczema, but that usually flares up in the summer and usually only on my butt (right above my buttcrack, sorry TMI). It usually flares up when I get mosquito bites. I think that's one reason why it's taking awhile for it to heal. But how can I help the itchiness? Would cortisone help?
Tags: Itchy, eczema
Hello, sorry aboit your itchiness lol i mnow how u feel. I shave every other day it at always itches the day after i shave. The only thing i could think of if u say it normally isnt that bad from shaving would be from dry skin or your underwear irritating it. I would say for now wear loose fitting clothes and dont shave for a while. If it continues make an appt with ur gyno just to be sure. Cortisone may help i just dont know if it would burn so i dont want to tell u to use it and have it hurt you so thats up to you. Good luck n hope this helped a little
it helped, i think it's just twice as itchy since i usually scratch it in my sleep and scratch to the point where it almost bleeds... which makes my eczema flare up. but last night i put an ice pack on it (thru my pants of course) and that seemed to help. it also helped with the pain. it feels better today.