Frequent Benign Cysts Inner Thighs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Frequent Benign Cysts Inner Thighs

My wife has been having benign cysts for the past 2 years.  She is 31 y/o white female, 3 children (2 sons 9, and 5, and daughter 2).  She is a 1 pack per day smoker currently just started Chantix, she has smoked since she was 15 y/o.  She has had Past Med History of Endometreosis that has went doormant after our second child who is now 5 1/2 years old.  She also had a partial Historectomy of her left ovary and left tube just prior to her preganancy of our second child, due to the fact that the Endo. was always mainly on one side which was not producing eggs due to endo remval surgery damage in the past. The endo. was severe for her age according to a very expierenced fertility/endo specialist in Nashville, TN, it apparently worked as she has had no pain or reoccurance for 5+ years and no problems getting pregnant last time (actually first time we tried).  She has also had displasia and was removed by the "cone" procedure about 7 years ago.  During her last pregnancy with our daughter she had a very high white blood cell count of 29,000 to 32,000 nearly the entire pregnancy, they removed her appendix during pregnancy (even though the Dr. said it didn't appear diseased but he didn't really know what else would cause it so he decided to remove it and see what happened) there was very little reduction of white blood cell count.  She then went to see a Cancer specialist at the Brown Cancer center in Louisville, KY where they did blood tests and he told her that some people just have a high white blood cell count normally.   Her mother was diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago and we have been worried ever since.
     Now she has had benign cysts for the past 2 years, approx. 10 total.  She has had 2 in her upper arm and several in her inner thigh area and now she has one in the vaginal area in the hair growth region away from clitorous.   They are always hard and they have all been sugically removed (some in office).  The problem is she just had a DNC (the dr. said to just clean everything out) and one removed 2 weeks ago that was very deep (unlike the others that have been shallow) and now another has appeared.  Every time she has one removed another appears not long after.  Her doctor doesn't really know why or given us a straight answer as to why this is happening, at one point he said the cysts are generally always a bit different and called one of them a Granular Sebastious Cyst??? (that my not be exact, it is from my memory).  She went to her family physician today and her platlet count was high so he has referred her to her mother's cancer specialist just to be sure (I think he specializes in blood cancer, however I am not sure exactly what type of cancer her mother has).  What are these and why do they occur so frequently, is there a chance of them turning malignant?  Is there any treatmnet or prevention.
Tags: cysts