Gas or air in Vigina(vagina), Some pain, Embarrassing! Please Help Me.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm 19 and have just began having sex often with my boyfriend for about 7months now. After a couple of months I noticed a bloating feeling and then gas coming out of my vigina (vagina). Then while I was having intercorse I felt as if my boyfriend was pushing air inside of me and it got to the point where it hurt and I had to stop.... Weird I thought. Afterward alot of gas was realesed and I felt a little better. I tried again but the same thing happend while haveing sex and it pained me so bad I couldn't move for about 5 minutes. It was a cramping, lower stomach pressure kinda feeling. I then tried not having sex in the positions that I thought was pushing gas into me the most and the pain has since gone away but not the bubbles. Recently i've noticed that.... Well I don't know any other way to put this... but I feel like i've gotten lose and like the air is just sitting there. Still, when I have intercorse air comes out(EVERYTIME and everytime we change posistions) but now, although I havent in a while I have been experiencing the same problem even more then before. The air bubbles are so annoying!! And, frankly, it's embarrassing to have your vigina (vagina) farting up a storm while someone is trying to make love to you. I have read some of the other similar posts and I'm afraid it could be serious? Some of the things I have read: Gardenerella Vaginosis? Bacterial Vanginosis? Trich? Pelvic floor dysfunction? Hydrosaylphinx? Can anyone help me or relate? Is it normal to be lose so young? Does this sound like any of tho's problems? Help me someone please.
This problem has really been stressing me out and causing me to overthink and worry. I'm really worried about it and dont want it to effect my relationship. Does anyone have answers or help? I'd appriciate any kind of feedback. Please...
Im 29 and have been having sex for quite some time. Every now and then after i have rough sex i get severe pain that feels like gas that I cannot expel. I want to know what I can take for this because its extremely painful. Im up at 3am right now trying to figure what i should do. I debating going to ER because it hurts so bad I cannot sleep. HELP! Please!!
the reason why air gets into your vagina is because it dries up fast during intercourse. the fluid that comes out of the vagina serves as lubricant and barrier during intercourse. if there's not enough fluid, air gets in... I suggest you girls use lubricants to release the air and also to avoid it from getting in. or you might want to try products like EvaMax...these things can boost your sex drive.i heard EvaMax can make you wet for 6-8 hours straight...it's a common thing to women..don't worry. air naturally enters the vagina during intercourse..just try some exercises that can help you release the air. hope this helps...good luck.
It's normal to have air get in there. There is nothing wrong with you, so don't worry about it. You can try doing pelvic floor exercises if you want to, and only pick certain positions. That will help to minimize it.
I too get this feeling a lot and some times wake up with horrible lower back pain. I purchase at costco for 9.99 two small inflatable balls called "Magic balls" I lay on the floor on my back put the balls underneath lower back, bring my knees to my chest in a hugging position then relax having my legs almost fall to the side still having the balls underneath you. do this a couple of times to release all of that presure. It takes all of that abdominal and lower back pain away from me. Hope this works for you ladies. I found that also being on top does not give me air pressure while having intercouse.
Can your vagina make the quiff noise only after have sex? My now ex told me that before he had sex he opened the vagina and air came out almost like a farting noise and was concerned that his partner is having sex with someone else. does this only happen during and after sex or can it happen randomly?n I could care less one way or the other but he is bugging me to find out lol
Demi I have some advice for u as unfortunately we're going through the same thing.

I'm 26, and have been having sex since I was 15.  When I was younger, my vagina never made noises and I never queefed.  When I turned 22-23 my vagina started to change.  I'm not as wet as I used as I be and I'm not as tight as I used to be.  The air getting trapped in my vagina is out of control now.  The abdominal pain can be severe especially if my boyfriend pulls out and immediately goes back in not allowing any air to be released.  It happens every position now particularly doggy style is the worst.  My boyfriend is also completely grossed out by the fart noises constantly coming out of me once every 3-5 mins.  It kills the mood and its getting to the point where he loses his erection sometimes because of it.  I also have stopped looking forward to sex for the last 3-4 years of my life because of the abdominal pain and noises I have had to deal with during sex forever now.

My only solution to this has been kegel excercises immediately after "airing out".  15 mins or so after I have sex and some free time, I bend over doggy style, arch my back and push the air out.  It usually comes out naturally but not always.  Sometimes I have to expose my vaginal hole by using my fingers to spread the lips of my vagina if its not working out.  rarely I've had to put a finger or 2 inside to allow the air to be released also.  Right after all of its gone, u IMMEDIATELY, (right now, don't wait!) turn over and sit or lay down and do kegel excercises.  Continue doing kegels daily afterwards.  I usually lay down and use a timer. I squeeze for 10 seconds and release for 10 and then keep going for as long as I can stand.  I usually can't squeeze for more than 10-15 minutes. If I continue my stomach actually starts hurting from over-doing it.  This should help you but you have to be commited to the routine and also willing to spend 10-15 mins daily even on the days ur not having sex to do kegel excercises.  Remember only to "air out" after sex, not everytime before kegels on the days ur not having sex because that's unnecessary.  

I will admit to u that I've been lazy with this regimine here and there but when I follow it, I don't have these "air bubbles" in my vagina.  It only happens when I'm not doing my kegels.

But demi don't think ur the only girl going through this problem, I am with u and it *****!  Good luck.
Iv had these problems for a couple of years now. Can this cause permanent damage?  
Its really hurting me now and kills the mood for me completely.
Even though my partner finds it so bloody amusing, I really don't share his amusement.  
It upsets me hugely.  
He sometimes pushes air in on purpose for his amusement. But you see after having 4 kids I thought It might be the reason that im taking in air and that it might have been the reason for this to be happening.
But sometimes he gets upset as somedays it takes forever for my vagina to soften for him to penatrate and its awkward to have sex.I dry out quickly or I get so lubricated that I feel nothing and become numb.Im embarrassed to speak to my doctor. He's male and I find my sexual personal circumstances a embarrassment to talk about. Iv not even told my partner how much this distresses me.