General Anesthesia or Spinal w/ hysterectomy?
I went to my pre-ops yesterday for my vaginal total hysterectomy and the anesthesiologist said I could have general anesthesia or a spinal w/ sedation.  I hate gen. anesth., but am afraid of a spinal.  Any advice out there?
Can anyone tell me what a hyst was like with a spinal and sedation?
spinal is safer in some people with medical problems.  There is a risk of not ever walking again, but there is a risk of not waking up after gen anesth.  You are the only person that knows you medical history.  If you have a condition that you shouldn't be put to sleep then do the spinal.  The problem with spinal though is if there is an issue during the surgery and they have to open your stomach, they will have to put you to sleep.  Which that happens rarly.  I had super cervical hyst. in jan.  they did mine through band-aid surgery 3 holes in my stomach and belly button.  the thing is the person who had surgery before me, they had to open her stomach up because there was an issue.  You have to weigh your options.