Women's Health Community
Genital warts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Genital warts

Hi!
I recently discovered a wart in the genital area so I went to a gyn.  She mentioned that it is a wart but needed to check if it was from HPV. She did not want to confirm it came from HPV. She said that HPV may also be infected from public restrooms and the use of hygene products, specifically tampons (I do wear tampons the whole time during the 4 first days of my period).  I have investigated on the internet, but most of the information only makes reference to having multiple sexual partners to be infected.  I have been in a monogamous relationship with my current husband for 5 1/2 years and most of the time we are together even at work so I know he have not had any other partner during this time.  We did have other partners before we were together. My previous pap (2 yrs ago) was ok, only found an infection because of  apparently I 'cleaned' my genital area way to much or at least that's what I was told. My age is 32.
The questions are:  1) are there any other reason for genital warts? I got a friend that her 'genital warts'  were actually fatty deposits...
2) what are other possible sources of infection to get HPV besides sexual contact?
3) is it possible that common warts (which my husband has in his hand) can be passed on to genital warts (to me)? I found info that says it is possible and some other where it says is not possible...
4) If I got HPV years ago, is it possible that warts show up until now (assume 6 + yrs latest)? I also found that some sources say it is possible and others where it says that if warts show is only after several weeks after being infected...
Please clarify since my appointment back to the gyn is in a week and I'm getting really paranoic :)
Thanks
agez