Gestational Age VS Fetal Age and the time of conception

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi - I am new to this forum and I really need some help! My husband and I have been TTC for many years and finally after attemping to give up we got PG. Now I have a few questions for the EXPERT out there. I am trying really hard to determine when I got PG... But I am haveing a hard time doing so. Let me give you some history first. The first day of my LMP was on 07/03/06 (full blood on 07/04/06). I get a period every 33 days (sometimes between 31-35 days) on average 33 days. Ok... so now the story starts. I went to the doctor for two ultrasounds.

My first US was on 08/19/06. The US stated that there was only a gestational sac with a yolk - with no fetal pole noted. The age of the fetus was based upon two dates. One: Gestational Age of LMP @ 6 Weeks 4 days and the other was just a Gestational Age based upon the size (9.7mm x 4mmx4.2mm) @ could correspond to 5 weeks.

My second US was on 08/31/06. The US stated that there is a gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole noted. The age of the fetus was again based upon two dates: Gestational Age of LMP @ 8 weeks 2 days and the other was based upon the Gestantional Age @ 6 weeks 5 day +/- 3 days. With notes stating that the CROWN RUMP LENGTH fetal pole is @ 0.9 cm corresponding to 6 weeks 6 days.

Can someone help me by telling me if the gestational sac meansurments and the crown rump measurements are based upon:

I understand the term of Gestational Age LMP. But I am confused with the term "gestational age". Is the gestational age based upon the 14 day rule that every woman ovulated 11-15 days after their LMP? HELP!
Gestational age is from LMP. Fetal age is usually about two weeks behind, (~from conception). I have the book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" and it has gestational and fetal age every week. I am 15 weeks from LMP, but the fetus is only ~13 weeks. Sounds as if everything is going well for you!
I am just trying to figure out how to make sence of all of this. everyone keeps saying gestational age is two weeks later. But i clearly have a doc that states GALMP AT 8-2DAYS & GA at 6-6DAYS.
Everything I have read was geastational age (from LMP) and fetal age (~ovulation). Most drs go by LMP anyway, I wouldn't stress about it. When is your due date?
due date is 4/21- which would be based upon 6 weeks 5 days i believe.   Thanks again! :0)
Sorry can't help more. maybe ask your about the difference? Congratulations!
the ultrasound measurments edd is based on averages... here they tend to rely on it more than the lmp since the lmp is also based on a textbook cycle and ovulation.

Hey - congratulations! I am due with #4 on 04/11/07 and am currently 9 weeks 2 days (today). The gestational age of the fetus is 2 weeks less than this by my understanding (and previous experience lol)!