Getting Pregnant Knowing the Difference between Ovulation and Being Fer...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Getting Pregnant Knowing the Difference between Ovulation and Being Fertile

Ok My LMP was 11/26 when I went to the doctor and looked at my calendar it said I would be ovulating the Dec 6-11 and i am most fertile on the 10th.  I had sex on the 8th and that was the only time I could due to me and my husband schedules he is a doctor (neurosurgeon) residency I am a teacher and student.  I am wondering since it was like 10pm that night when it happened would i be because on that day it read I was fertile.  But on the 10th it said you are ovulating and most fertile this one day so my take is could i be pregnant cause we didnt have sex all that week so it could be some good guys coming in me lol!  Pls help I would like to know the difference it is nerveracking!  We tried for 3 yrs I am 26 he is 34!  Time is ticking and I really need help!  Explain the difference to me pls!
After ovulation, the egg has about a 24 hour window to get fertilized. Sperm can live inside for approx. 3 days.
So if you had sex on the 8th, and you ovulated around the 10th to 11th.. it could happen if the sperm lived inside for the 3 days. But I cant tell you for sure.
My advice to you, is to have sex every day for a week with your ovulation in the middle of it. Or you could buy a ovulation testing kit since your scheduals dont leave much room for the bump bump. :-)
My LMP was aug. 27th, and I got pregnant on the 10th of sept. Sometimes it takes that one day, that one moment to make it happen.
But dont give up. :-) Good luck.
If you have been trying for 3 years, then you need to see a fertility specialist.  It doesn't mean something is neccesarily wrong, but the general rule is after one year of unprotected sex, then you should see a DR.  DH & I have been trying for 6 months.  We chart so I know that I O, and I know we are BDing at the right times.  It still hasn't happened and it's making me crazy that a DR won't see me yet!  My other bit of advice is to check out "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.  This book will be an invaluable resource to you.
My LMP was on !2/25/2007 as i read articles from the internet it says that my ovulation period is from jan 6-16 but as i read other articles it says that my fertile days is from jan. 7-12 i get confused what is true how can my ovulation is long enough when my fertility is just 6 days? is it true please i need an answer thank you!
Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant and we haven't had the best of luck,   I have been getting on the internet to figure out when the best time to get pregnant is, and I was wondering what the diffrence between being fertile and ovulation is. Can anyone help me please?
My last priod was 11/09/2009. I had sex on 11/18/2009 is it possible to be pregnant?
Hi on my fertility chart it says I ovulate on the 11 of may and I had unprotective sex on the 8 of may and my period does not start till the 26 of may does it mean I can be pregnet?