Getting a hystorectamy During your Period
I was just wondering if the doctors can still perform surgery if I have my period?  My period has been irregular and I can never predicts when it comes, thats why I chose hystectamy so I don't have to deal with this anymore.
yes they can perform it while you are on your period.  May I ask are you gettig a full hsyter or a partial.  I had a partial one where they just took my uterus.  That was about 8 months ago, and I still am having issues with periods because there were some left over uterun cells left on top of my cervix, which the doc did this to not hurt my cervix.  Well a few days ago I had my cervix froze to help stop my annoying little period.  I hope this time it works.  So far in the past 13 months I have had a D&C with a polip removal (turned out I didn't have a polip).  Then I had a ablation where they burned the lining of my uterus, and that worked okay, but not as good as normal.  This is due to the fact that my lining of my uterus was twice as thick as a normal persons.  Then about 7 or 8 months ago I had a partial done, and still am having issues with period being buggy.  Not too buggy but I just want it to go away.  Well the doc also put silver nitrate on my cervix to carterize any other cells left.  I hope it works this time.  I wish she would just take everything out and put me on hormone patches, but she doesn't want to since I am only 29.
My sergeon is going to try to give me a partial hysterectamy, they will try to give me a small incition, but if my fabroids are too big then they will do a full one.
My surgery is in 2 days.
I had laproscopic super cervial hyster.  So I guess that is what they are trying to do with you.  It really didn't hurt at all.  Band aid surgery as they say.  Be prepared though that if you keep your cervix that you might have some bleeding every month durning your period.  Very minimal though.  
I was told that I was not going to get my period after a partial and/or full hysterectomy.
So I will have to find out when I get there.  Thank you so much for the info.

Believe it or not I had to go through 2 doctors before someone listened to me.  Those other 2 doctors thought that the fabroids pain and excessive bleeding was all in my head and that I have to live with fabroids. Good old favorite line from doctors when they don't want to help you.

I finally got this one doctor and she processed things pretty fast for me because after a year my fabroids got bigger.
There are actually many women that have a lite period after a partial hyster.  It doesn't happen all the time but it can happen.  You might be the ones that don't have one afterwards.  I am talking really really lite though.  Which my doc is trying to stop it by freezing my cervix and stop it with that.  Which I had that done the other day.  
About the period thing, I can't really explain it completely with medical terms and everything, but if there are some uterun cells left ontop you can have a small one.  Beware of a doc that tells you that 100% of women don't have periods after a partial.  There has been a bunch that I have wrote in on this site trying to figure out why they still have a lite period after a partial because their doc told them they wouldn't have one.  
I will explain what my period is like though.  It is dark and looks like old thick blood.  This is due to the fact that it isn't able to come down so fast since there isn't much.  Sorry to be graphic but I thought you would like to know.
oh, has a doc ever told you that your lining was thicker then normal?  You might ask your doc after you have the procedure done how thick your lining was.  Mine was twice as thick as a normal person.
Ok I will ask, its good to be very informed and you have provided me with the information I need so I know what to look for.
At least now I have the tranquility that the doctor can still perform surgery even though I am on my period, because my mom told me that if I get my period they might delay surgery, and I don't want that because I have been suffering with this too long and I want out.
the way they do this surgery now is completely different then the way they used to do it.  I have 3 scars.  One on each side of me and then one in my belly button that I can't see.  I ended up going home that night because I had little to no pain.  Which most females stay over night.