Getting a tattoo while pregnant...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Getting a tattoo while pregnant...

Hi everyone.

I have a tattoo on my thigh of my ex-boyfriends name whom i have not been with in over 6 1/2yrs. After dating my fiance and getting serious he told me that i needed to get rid of the tattoo, then i got pregnant with my daughter who is now 4. I am pregnant again, 11 wks today. I really need to get rid of this tattoo before having this baby. I want to get it covered up with another tattoo. I tried laser removal, and it seriously hurts more than childbirth so i never went back. i have been reading articles whether or not it was safe to get a tattoo while pregnant and i'm confused. Although there is no medical proof that getting a tattoo while pregnant is dangerous to the fetus,  some articles say yes, others say no. What do you guys think?
I would cover it up with a bandaid or something..
They will not remove a tattoo while pregnant!
The problem with tattoos is that even though they change needles for each new customer, they don't open new ink for each person, and so you are getting ink that has been exposed to other people's body fluids.  (This might differ state by state, and an astute tattooist would have figured out to pour the ink into little dishes and toss the excess, rather than dipping into a bigger pot, but that was the way it was when I got a tattoo.)  The worry is about AIDS and hepatitis, as well as infections.  

Removing a part of a tattoo can also be done by making a z-shaped cut in the skin and cutting it out, if it is on a place on your body where there is some excess, a la the derriere.  You wouldn't do this for a large tatt, but you could do the letters of a name.  And I don't think doing that during pregnancy would cause any problems.  

See if you can talk over your options with a good dermatologist who would understand your desire not to go around branded with "Mr. Ex Lover, Hot Stud" when having your current man's babies.

Good luck!
Hi - I agree with sailorswife - Unless you're aboslutely positive that no harm will come to the pregnancy you shouldn't do anything until after the baby is born. I mean really if your fiance has not enforced it until now - he surely can wait a bit longer. If he has faith in your love for him then waiting until it's safe should not be an issue. But if he is really pursuing it now - you have to wonder why? Have a talk with him - tell him you want to respect his wishes but that the most important thing at the moment is the wellbeing of your unborn baby and that comes first. Tell hime you have done some research and you too want to get rid of the tattoo as soon as possible but that it will have to wait until after the baby is born. Let him know that you love and respect him and that that's why you're marrying him and having his children. This might help to allay his concerns about the tattoo still being there. He cannot keep punishing you for something that you felt before he came onto the scene. Sure if you had your time again and knew you were going to end up with him you might not have got the tattoo to begin with - but the fact is you did but that does not mean you feel any less about your fiance. Best of luck - be strong!
I got two tatoos while pregnant (well one during two of my pregnanices). This was when I did not know I was pregnant. All was well and the drs were not really worried about it since I went to shops that use single use needles HOWEVER a tattoo place is not supossed to tattoo you if they know you are pregnant... and even though the risks are small, I wouldnt get one if I had known I was pregnant.

If it bothers him, keep it covered... The baby's health should be more important to him than the tattoo
Thank you all for your comments.

I am not showing at all thats why i was just going to get the tattoo done now. My fiance has been mentioning it through out the whole time we have been together, and everytime i would have plans to remove it something like financial issues would come up. Now that i have the money, and i end up pregos. My fiance's silly self wont pay for it, he says i should have never got it done in the first place.
Good Morning All... my brother owns a tattoo shop and I asked him while I was pregnant about why (or why not) he wouldn't tattoo a pregnant woman. He said it isn't necessarily a health issue, it is because often the pain is too much and may put the person being tattoo'd into shock (of sorts) and can cause the baby stress. And if they are farther along, the stress/pain can put them into labor.  It isn't totally out of the question.. but it isn't a great idea. Hope this helps!
tattoo parlors will not tattoo you if they know you are pregnant.
Well Congrats On the second Baby. I am 21 weeks pregnant with my seond child and have almost the same Desire and question. I have also Done some research Of my own. Yes Now days Tattoo Artist Put a small Amount of ink into a small Muti-color Dish and trash It there after the tattoo Is done. But I ahve come to notice alot of Tattoo Artist Reusing Needles, By 1st Washing them in a luquid, that Resealing the pack, as if they were piercing Clamps. I do some Piercing Of my own and would never to a pregnant woman Only because I can not Cover up the freshly Pierced skin Which poses infection. As for tattoos My husband Does them and He Is kinda Shaky On doing a pregnant woman only in the fear she will go into preterm Labor Or shock. Now this Cousion also does Tattoos and has tattooed a pregnant woman she was 12 weeks along and aware of the pregnancy, Nothing happen to her she is due to have a healthy baby Girl any day Now. So it all depends on the person tattooing you and the placement of the tattoo. But as far as Geting pierced Stay away untill after pregnancy. Make sure The tattoo artist wears Clean gloves and Cover the Tatto with Guze and Medical Tape do not remove this Gauze for 24 Hours after the gauze is removed Clean tattoo Daily.
Hi  there. I am 5-7 weeks pregrenant and doing my research on tatts while you are pregnant. And i was just wondering if its ok to have one done on my arm?
first thing, tattoo ink absolutely does not get reused on multiple persons..  the ink is poured from the ink bottle, into small caps, into which the tattoo needle is dipped..  hence, bodily fluids are in no way ever close the original ink bottles..  not to mention the caps are filled long before the tattooing process is even started..  back to the original subject, I have a medical backround, as well as being a tattoo artist, and it is absolutely safe..   tattoo ink is water based, and therefore does not affect your immune system, or blood in any way. the worst thing you have to worry about is the healing process..  or getting an infection during that process, as a tattoo IS an open wound, and should be treated as such for at least three days, the time it takes the skin to heal over..  also, tattoos on your stomach or sides should be avoided, as the skin will stretch, leaving spots and lines throughout your tattoo..  
I have an appointment for a wrist tattoo and I will be 6 weeks pregnant at the time.  I did ask the artist about being pregnant and she says she does tattoo pregnant women.  I am going to go through with it and was wondering as an artist with a medical background if you have any advice about preventing infection or anything else I should be worried about so early on in my pregnancy.  I thank you for your insight.
I am 15 weeks pregnant and am going in to start my 1/2 sleeve next weekend. I am also an artist who will tattoo pregnant women, under certin circumstances. I'd like small detail about their health, if all looks good, then I'll do it. But mothers who are 'high risk' I refuse to. When I was 5 weeks, before I knew I was pregnant, I got my nipps pierced. Many people in different sites mention how the mother and baby share the same blood supply. That is a lie. Babies have a completly different supply of blood the the mother. If anyone reads a thing about pregnancy, they'll understand that if this was the case, mothers with HIV and AIDS would pass the virus to their offspring. If ink does get into your system, it IS water based and the placenta will filter it from getting to the baby. If an infection occurs, more then likely the placenta will also filter this from reacing the fetus. The only part is a weakened immune system that can cause the mother to be a little weaker for a good amount of time. As long as the shop you go to is clean, for example, clean floors... look in the corners for dirt, look at the ceilings, bathrooms, countertops, all the non-obvious places. Make sure that they have a few -WORKING- auto claves and that the artist takes the needles out of the packaging in FRONT of you. Look at his/her hands, nails, teeth- do they take care of themselvs? Eat a high carb meal the night before and keep yourself hydrated before, during and after you get fresh ink. Make sure you got good rest the night before too, even take a nap before you go in. When your ink is done, take the artists advise on care. MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN!!! Clean your tattoo with anti bactearial soap and try to keep it covered if you're going to be in a crowd of several people. Use common sense to protect yourself and all will be fine. If you feel that the pain is TOO intense for you, then have your artist stop, if you feel contractions or abdominal pain, stop the tattoo and drink some water. If it's not working out the way you planned, remember, this too shall pass and you won't be pregnant forever. Get your tat after baby is born. Most artists won't tattoo pregnant women because the risk of shock, but, as long as you know your limits, then this shouldnt be a problem. Also, it doesnt hurt to ask your midwife or OB!

Sorry for my bad spelling.... Hope this helps anyone who is asking! Good luck!!
OK well at least you admit to the fact that tattoo artist don't reuse the ink and it is placed into caps...However you stating that all they do is wash them and package them is ****...If this is the case with your husband he needs his head examined the cost of needles is extremely cheap not to mention if they do reuse the needles cause they are cheap a$$es then its cause they are using an autoclave...which is used in hospitals, vet offices, and other medical fields. Do you think the tools that the dentist or the surgeon use are brand new. Maybe you should and your husband should sign on to the American Red Cross (ARC) website and take the course that they offer for tattoo and piercing artist. To those looking to get tattoos while pergo think about your health and the stresses you have in your life and if you want to add more to the baby if you choose ask the artist what measures he/she uses to disinfect and sterilize not only their equipment but their work stations....Then ask them to present the card the ARC that they received for training. And pay attention to what chickabing said...She sounds like a well educated woman.

Hi AnnieBrooke, I actually am a tattoo artist up in NY. And I am currently pregnant with my first child.

The tattoo needles are changed for every person, but so is the ink. The ink in general is kept in squeeze bottles. Depending on the person's chioce of tattoo coloring; small plastic cups are set down and filled with specific color. After the tattoo is done, the cups are thrown away and no ink is re-used on someone else.

This is very clean and very safe. The only problem I have with tattooing pregnant women is for the safety issue. I don't want to have women fainting and possibly hurting themselves.

But, I would appreciate you not giving false advice to someone. Just because you are from another state who doesn't practice safe tattooing techniques; you shouldn't be preaching that is how it is everywhere else.

-Andrea
I came across this post and started reading it.  I have been tattooing for about 5 years now.  I have seen alot of people tattoo and get tattooed,  I have never seen someone reuse tattoo ink.  That would be the most retarded thing someone could do.  The olny thing dangerous about getting tattooed while preg is the risk of infection.  If the artist uses all "one time use" needles and tubes and is clean you will be fine.  But there is always a risk.  Is it worth it if something does go wrong?
hi im 24 weeks pregnant and i really want a tattoo. I was originally going to get one on my back but thought that might put me under to much stress! so now im thinking about getting one going up the side of my calf! like a vine or something pretty! do you think they would do it or again would that still be best to wait till ive had the baby?

x
The place i got my tattoo will NOT tattoo or pierce a pregnant woman at all. I spoke with a pregnant woman in the studio and the girl who does some tattoos and all piercings said its because it could cause infection. The tattooist also said any women who want to breastfeed should not get a tattoo until they are finished with breast feeding...something to do with the ink getting in the bloodstream and getting passed into fetus/breastmilk
you can hold off! most places wont let you in the shop at least around here if your pregnant. you can wait just a little while longer, you didnt even tell us how far along you are anyways
I had sheduled a trip home, and on the way back I was going to stop at this tatoo parlor, and get "inked".. well, come to find out I'm only about 3 weeks pregnant, but I'm not taking my chances..

The risk of staff infection in a tattoo is really high, even if taken care of properly. I had a completely well cared for piercing go wrong once, simply because my body didn't tolerate it. I understand , my fiancee would FLIP if I had an ex's name on my body, and he sure as heck wouldn't pay for it, because like your hubby, he'd say something like "shouldn't have gotten it done in the first place.."

Anyway.. The risk isn't that high but I would still just avoid it, and tell him to tough it out, 9 months isn't that long to wait for something as superficial as a silly old tattoo :)

why would you even chance it? Guess what, people, even doctors, dont know everything about medicine and disease processes, even though there may not be medical research stating that your baby would be harmed it seems like it isnt worth the risk. Come on now, this baby is counting on you to make/keep it healthy, it seems UNBELIEVABLY selffish to take the risk.

I found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant and I got a tattoo 2 weeks ago, I was looking for possible complications, I cant believe you would think about it getting a tattoo when you know there is even the slighest possibilty it would hurt your child. I wish your child good luck w you as a mother.
congrats on the baby and my opinion is that you get the tattoo removed after you have the baby arrives since they will not allow getting the tattoo removed while pregnant or getting a tattoo to replace it while you are pregnant.But then again this is just my opinion on this.Wishing you the best.
Your rude and should keep your ugly comments to yourself. That girl wasnt looking for judgement...she was looking for ligitimate answers. Calling her selfish for wanting to live her life, while making another one is stupid. Your probally a krickly old lady that cant have kids and hates people with tattoos. rethink your attitude twards people that a different than you. Different doesnt mean bad. Sorry if i was rude but you got me all worked up. Most people that get tattoos, get them to remember where they are in therir lives. I cant think of a better reason to get a tattoo...To the fantastic Mom To Be that asked about tattoos.. I say ask your doctor and do some online research. By the time your done reading...and answering all this **** youll have your mind made up.
that is from nov 2008. i dont think he/she will see it.
I dont understand why it is so important to do it before he/she is born, that doesn make any sense, you've had it that long, and if he was THAT worried about it he would have paid for it before, i mean he's your fiance' meaning marriage, meaning, money is ya'lls not his and hers.. ugh... he's the one that wants it gone NOW i mean its not like the baby comes out reading!! HELLO! your fiance sounds pretty selfish to me! ITs a tattoo, you did have a life before him ya know.. w/e lesson learned I guess?!?
HI i am a tattoo artist from mesa arizona and have been tattooing for a few years. i have spoken to a few dermatologists and a quite a few in the medical field. there is no evidence to support the notion that tattoo ink can harm or affect an unborn child. the ink is put into the epadermis of the skin and while there is a little blood it can not enter the blood stream fully thus making it impossible to affect the baby directly related to ink. tattoo aftercare is most important to avoid infection that can cause risks to the baby. essentialy the choice is up to you though i do suggest if go through with getting the tattoo doing it before the second tri-mester as any further into the pregnancy uneeded stress and over worked nerves can lead to pre mature birth and birthing complications. final advice to get a tattoo for the wrong reasons i.e. (because your boyfriend wants you to) keep it safe make sure your artist is STERILE  !!!!  and mostly tattoo after care .  A&D twice a day for the fist two days then in the weeks following maintain it by washing it with a soft soap and water in the shower, and also twice a day use unscented lotion with vitamins when it becomes to dry. do not over medicate or lotion as this will bring the ink out. thats about it congrats on the baby and happy tattooing. keep it safe.  
I am 26 weeks pregnant and just got a tatoo less than a week ago... the only problem i had was the aderaline from getting it made me a little sick I had to lay down after I got it done and it was a decent sized tatoo... but since I have got it done I haven't had any complications. I would say that you should eat and drink lots of water befor you get it done if you decide not to wait...
If a tattoo is more important to you than your child, maybe you should think about the pending birth. I think it is irresponsible and stupid to get a tattoo when you're pregnant. I have worked at many tattoo shops and luckily they are REAL, safe, talented artists who wouldn't chance anything happening to a pregnant woman.

It is disgusting to see people who think "well, it MIGHT be ok". Nasty, foul human beings. Why don't you go smoke some cigarettes, have a few beers, and snort some coke while you're at.

It isn't going to hurt you to wait until the birth of the baby. Selfish degenerates. That's what you are. Any person who puts a tattoo on you while you're pregnant just wants the cash and shouldn't be tattooing anyone.

:)
Ur name says it all! Dont be a douche bag. Go jump off a bridge since u seem to hate life so much! Hahaha. No one told u to go tattoo urself. Put urself in someone else's place before passing judgement. Don't get involved if ur gonna be pessimistic.

Ps. Thinking people are disgusting includes urself! Get a life and get ur facts straight!

Just being straight up and don't care what else you have to say. ;)
Thanks.
I just. Got a tatto I am 14weeks.. from what I have read there is no concrete evidence of hurting the fetus but from some women depending on sensitivity you my not want to try it.. I got a small tattoo and it was painless just like my first one well not painless but normal.. I highly doubt it will hurt the fetus because like with everything else there has been concrete evidence of cause and effect.. if its a question of infection you should never do homemade tattoos from someone unliscened and not in a professional atmospher and the only real way of encountering infection is if you aren't taking care of it...mostly what I have seen that is factual is that your body is changing and if you get a tatto during pregnancy you may not like it later but like any normal person your body is always changing and that can happen reguardless of pregnancy... I would say go with your gut.. don't worry about other people just like child rearing and birth everyone has their way...
I am 13 weeks pregnant... and i have been tatooed twice... my doctor said as long as its after the 12th weeek and before the 30th week their shouldent be any probs... and its just like caffiee with being pregnnt.. they say its bad... But their has been no studys to prove that it will harm a baby.. Just as long as the shop and needels are clean and u take  good care of it everything should be fine... my  dads a tatoo artist and has done all of mine and did my sisters... she dident find out she was pregnant till she was 4 months alone and he did a huge back peice for her... my necie sharyiah came out just fine and she had a great pregnacy
it's not the ink that hurts the baby, it's the risk of hepatitis/hiv. Yeah parlors are regulated by the health department, but there's still a chance someone isn't playing by the rules, It's rare that they break heath codes, but that infinite maternal love everyone is talking about should keep you from running the risk.. so to reiterate, THATS where the risk comes from.
blood born pathogens, not ink...

couldn't put it any simpler ...

& she's not a bad person for wondering.. it's a completely valid question... I stumbled upon this site googling the same question.. "is it safe".. if you have to wonder then it's better to not risk it.. hell I know women that do worse things to their bodies than put ink on/in them while they're pregnant, at least this girl had good enough sense to ASK!

on a completely unrelated note
kinda crazy I stumbled upon this post 2 years later.. never did get my tattoo, got massive blood clots after I had my baby & am on blood thinners now... oh well! Got my kid here safe & that's all that matters in the long run.
Im 26 weeks. At 9 weeks I got a tattoo on my breast. I was fine! The main concern with doctors is risk of infection but that is there prego or not. I am getting that tattoo covered now at 26 weeks as long as the shop uses clean needles and ink you should be good. Take care of the tattoo and clean and put ointment on it. Mine actually healed faster pregnant. Take it from somebody who knows ! Good luck!
To the lady who said that tattoo artist dont open new ink for new customers, common now, really??

First of all, if you go to a legit shop, everything will be pre-packaged, needles, tubes AND the little caps they put the ink in for the tattoo.

Yeah they dont open new ink for each customer, that would be virtually impossible to run a tattoo business that way. But they do put ink in CLEAN caps each time they start a new customer, the ink never meets anyones bodily fluids.

I would go to someone you know and trust for a tatttoo, not just any random person, I am 7 months pregnant, my fiance is a tattoo artist and I'm getting a tattoo today, in the states of Oklahoma, Oregon and Hawaii (where I am) there are intense exams and each tattoo artist goes under medical testing in order to receive their license... if only every other state was as strict as these three.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am wanting to get a tattoo. I would like to get it on the back of my neck. I have been reading alot of articles and i hear that i shouldnt and then i read that its ok if I take care of it. I have 2 other tattoos and never had a problem with them getting infected, they actually healed perfect. I guess i am just nervous to get one. I had a great pregnancy with my first. What do you all think? Suggestions please! Thank you.
You don't share ink when tattooing!  Ink is in a bottle that is squeezed into small cups. The cups are used during tattooing. Not the bottle of ink. Lol. Shouldn't spread rumors about unsafe tattooing if you've obviously never even got one.
I'm a tattooist and a mom. I just got asked this question today, and thought I'd refresh my memory on the risks, although my answer is "no" regardless. My theory is that it's better to be safe than sorry. In our American culture, tattoos are always a vanity issue, not a neccessity. In my opinion, any woman putting their vanity above the well-being of their unborn child is completely selfish. Regardless of how low the risks may be, you or your baby may be the ONE who makes up the 1 in 1,000,000. As an artist, I would never put a pregnant woman at risk of shock, infection or even regret - no matter how safe, sterile and cautious I am as an artist. That is putting money over morality and no bill needs to get paid badly enough to make me that that job.
Also, the whole issue of reusing ink is just ridiculous to me. It's simply not done by any legitimate shop. Period. And one cannot get hepatitis or AIDS from the ink used by an artist just because it comes from a bottle that gets used consecutively. The ink is poured OUT of the bottle (which is protected and disinfected properly between clients) and INTO clean, single-use cups and disposed of after the tattoo. Paint poured out of a can doesn't get contaminated unless something dirty is poured back into it - same thing. To the best of my knowlege, there is no such thing as single-use ink bottles available to tattooists. I personally use single-use, pre-sterilized needles that only get opened in front of each client and also get disposed of that client (into a properly approved, Hazzardous Waste container). Single-use needles completely eliminate any question of contamination or swapping infectious bacteria/virus.
As a side note, cover-ups are a big % of $$$ in the tattoo industry. The only names that are entirely regret-free are children's names or departed loved-ones.
I appreciate everyone's input on the matter and hope my opinion makes a difference to someone.
Where I get ink done they put out new lil sterile caps they put the ink in they need.  And place plastic barriers on their tray now the fresh ink caps are held down on the tray by a small dab of petroleum jelly. And he lays out all the ink and tools needed before he starts his work so he is not to cross contaminate his work area.  Use ur nugget.  
Mommy99, There are studies proving that caffeine can affect a pregnancy. Read up on it here..http://www.talkaboutcoffee.com/drinking-coffee-during-pregnancy.html  . Also new studies have shown that drinking too much caffeine can affect the baby's respiratory system.
But this thread isn't about caffeine and babies it's about tattoos and babies.... I came on this thread because I have a name of an ex on my foot who was abusive to me. I REALLY WANT THIS TATTOO GONE... I went to get it removed and on the questionnaire at the tattoo parlor it asked if I was pregnant. I had just found out 2 days before that I was 6 weeks along so I was scared to hurt the baby and didn't get it done. I am now 15 weeks and this tattoo plagues me every minute of every day! I cannot believe I let that man talk me into this... but here I am with a mans name on my foot and completely regretting it. I asked my doctor if I could get a cover up and he said absolutely not because of the risk of infection.   : (  I always take great care of my tattoos and have never had an infection. I am just so torn. No, I do not want to put my child at risk BUT this man is a horrible person and having his name on me disgusts me to the core. Plus I am trying to reconcile with my ex husband who doesn't know about the tattoo. God give me an answer : (  .
My husband and I just started trying to concieve (conceive) this month after going through a really brutal misscarrige. My period is not due for two weeks, I just finished ovulating. I have a tat appointment in 4 days. What if i am a week or two pregnant? It would not show up on a test yet. Should I wait till I miss my p to go through with it just in case? I'm more concered the stress it could have an the embyo. It's going to be a large piece on my forarm. Any advice would be great.

Thank you
im super interested in getting the celtic motherhood symbol on my wrist. i got really excited and the father would like to get the fatherhood symbol with me. But his regular shop said no. i just dont understand why. as you say, along with many many other articles ive watched, unless needles are reused or the woman faints or goes into shock easily; theres no problem. i would really like to get it but am now ashamed to look at other shops :/
thats not true we put the ink in another tube which has no contact of anybody else body and i myself work in a tattoo shop i am now 8 mo and i have gotten 5 tattoo while being preg and got 1 removed it is safe to remove or get
In any case of getting a tattoo or removing a tattoo, all these articles focus on infections and hepatitis but in all reality it isn't just those to watch for and it is the nervous system, and every women nervous system isn't the same nor is their body's inside or out. Yeah some women get tattoos while pregnant and yeah maybe the pain tolerance is high but you cant tell if your baby's is or isn't. I have owned a shop for 10 years have studied a lot on tattoos just so I can have information on side effects for different types of medical related issues on a person receiving a tattoo. My husband has been and tattoo artists for 22 years and I have been to many different tattoo shops while traveling and some are the same some are different. Artist do have their loyal clientele that trust their artist but some people just walk in off the street and want some art and ink and don't care to think about trusting the artist.  I guess what I am trying to say is that every women and pregnancy is different but I do think that people need to think about the nervous system while pregnant because it may not effect you but may be affecting the fetus and not all sign show right away but if in any case you can cause a placenta heart attack closer to the due date or maybe a learning disability later in the childs life, even though that can happen normally in development.
Hi there! I am showing, I'm just 17 weeks pregnant and had the same problem as you, an ex's name on my side, I really did not want my baby born with another his name on me so I had it covered, I read loads of info, went to a number of tattooists to get their educated opinions and got lots of mixed information. But here are the facts as I know them, there is no medical evidence that ink harms your baby, also no tattoo artist worth their salt would ever use ink that had had other peoples body fluids dipped in them! They decant ink into small ink pits and throw them out after each customer, use clean needles and clean gloves so there is no risk of hepatitis at all, I would not recommend getting a large tattoo as I have found that my skin is much more sensitive now that I'm pregnant and it was more painful than usual. At the end of the day it comes down to your personal choice and how you feel about it, I know women who have had tattoos while pregnant and have had no issues, and so far I've had no issueS, good luck whatever you choose!
I just got a tattoo yesterday and Ijust found out I'm pregnant today...so far I'm 13 weeks... I Didn't know because since Igot the iud inserted they said that that it might stop my menstrual period..I took two pregnancy test and they both came out negative...so today Iwhent to the doctors and Ifound out Iwas pregnant...I need some advise any one ??? :(