Getting pregnant after D
I just had a D&C yest.  I hear different dates as to how long to wait to  try again.  Anyone have any advice?  I also heard you are more fertile immediately after a D&C.  Is this true?  Anyone who has been through this I appreciate the feedback.

Sorry to hear about ur loss, how many weeks were u? Sorry I dont really know about how long after you can try, didnt the dr tell u?

Is it ok if I ask, I read about D&C before but the only time was when it related to abortion, I wasnt searching for that it came up by accident and what I saw shook me to the core where the baby comes out in bits and they chuck it in the bin like its nothing! Is it really as brutal like that? I heard its extrememly painful too. Ive seen a few people on here who had D&C is it a normal procedure for miscarriage aswell?

Sorry abt 20 questions hope they are not too prying and hope u get ur answer too

take care
i am sorry for your loss. how far along were you?
i had a d&c on 4/18 and my dr is making me wait 2 cylces until we try again. Most dr say wait 1-3 cylces although some say atleast 6 months. I would just ask your dr.It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get you first cycle after the d&c. They reason is b/c it gives your uterus more time for the lining to come back and heal form the d&c b/c they scrape it or suction it out. yes you are more feritle during this time. me and my dh just got the ok last wk to have sex again(i had some problems from the d&c though) and we are having to use proctection.

No a d&c is not only used to have a abortion. It is a common procedure after a miscarriage. alot of times when you have had a miscarriage your body will not expel the sac and yolk so they have to go in and scrap your uterus or suction it out b/c if you dont get it all out then it will cause an infection. sometimes even if you have a natural m/c your body will not expel all of it and they will have to do a d&c to get everything out.  when you have a d&c you are asleep and afterward you bleed a little and have some cramps but you usually feel better in a few days. no having a d&c after a m/c is not brutal or anything like that. It is not like having a abortion (where the fetus is alive). when you have miscarried the fetus is is usually not even there any more and if it is then it does not have a heartbeat. it is two totally diff things they just have a similar procedure they use. It is kind of like if you have ever heard someone having a baby and not all the plcenta or some after birth was left in her and they have to get it so it wont set up an infection. well it is the same for a miscarriage. I hope this helped you some red_rose..
Thanks Suzie for that, Il try and not feel sick now next time I see D&C!
i love your comments its very detailed,

unlike some people whos trying to write some comments , that they dont know what are they talking about... we have to be careful for what were writing here , some ladies here in the forum are really need an answer they dont want to heard a such thing......

thanks suzie336 for ur wonderful comment
I had a D & C after my m/c on March 7th and my doctor told us to wait 1 cycle. At 7 weeks I still had no period and my dr put me on meds to start it. Every dr is diffrent b/c some like you to wait several months, I guess it also depends on the situation and your body.

I do agree with the last post on being careful with what we write. My m/c was 3 months ago but it's still VERY hard for me and to see things written like in the last post is very hard and uncalled for. Please think about those of us who have been through this and are trying to cope. Thanks.
Solie I understand people come on here for answers but I was asking to learn I didnt mean it to be insensitive but sometimes u have to ask things from people who know what they are talking about rather than drs, and its good I asked because now when I read other peoples posts on here I understand what procedure they went thru.

Dont u think its better to ask? If people dont want to answer they dont have to. I think some people on here maybe need to lighten up. Someone will aways say or ask something that will upset someone else but I asure u mine was unintentional so sorry if I touched a raw nerve with u or something. Lets not fight on here we are all here to support each other rite?
read back what u wrote for the first posted,
wow whats a nice story, is she ur first baby? i think she is sooooooooooooooooo cute. well iam happy for u..
take care and god bless

To everyone that is scared of trying to be pregnant too soon after a D&C.

I too had a m/c in March 2005, had a d&c and got pregnant 2 weeks after, as you can imagined I was extremely worried, even though we were not trying to get pregnant since my Dr. also recomended to wait al least 3 mths. I felt that my body couldn't resist the waitting period, and it didn't. I was pregnant scared... on my first visit to the Dr. I was 6 weeks and I saw the dr. on call, mine was on vacation, he did an U/S and said that there was a yolk sack but no baby, as you can imagined I was terrified and cried  until I saw my doctor two days later and when she did the U/S an saw a perfectly normal 6 weeks and 2 days fetus witha heart beat. we were so happy, my baby was alive. The rest of the pregnancy was scary to me...why don't I have morning sickness?, why am I not gaining weight?, why aren't my breast sore?, why do I feel so normal? is everything OK?, Am I still pregnant?...turns out everything was great and now I have a perfect little girl, she just turn 5 months and already won an internet beauty contest.

To all of you, have faith and pray, I prayed to God countless times a day and cryed like you woudn't imagine but now I see my little baby and everything is worth having her with me.

Love
Thank you Solie,

Yes she is my first baby
and she bacame the engine that keeps my husband and I running, we feel so bless to have her and wish you all to experience the same.

Love
Hi, This is my first time writing to anyone about this. I have found your comment and experiences very moving and helpful. My husband and I m/c with our 3rd child on Easter Sunday of this year and ended up having to have a d&c done. I have come to deal with the loss, and we are doing fine. We did ask the dr. how long to wait and she said 3 mths. She said to count the day I had the d&c as the 1st day of my last cycle since the bleeding would be that of regular cycle, and it was. She also told us to use condoms,which we have been. But 5 days ago I took a home test that turned out positive,now we are waiting for the dr.s appt. to see if everything is fine. I just to express my deepest sympathy to everyone that has been thru a loss, but I am so thankful to have you out there to listen to how I feel, everyone usually says "it wasn't meant to be" and you know that it is true , but real hard to feel all the understandind from someone who's never been there.

Thank You,
                            JLester
hey u said u have positive hpt? maybe your pregnant, well congrats to you and god bless you!
This is my first time on this site but have found the comments so helpful. Last year i was pregnant and carried my baby to full term, actually, 41 weeks but I lost my baby during delivery due do what they call shoulder dystocia (stuck shoulders)on 25 december. I was so devastated and felt lost. Then saw some light when in May, found out was pregnant again but last week just started spotting ....them miscarried and had to go for D&C. Supposed to go for review after 2 weeks. I don't know how long we shud wait to try again and if its oky to make love or shud we use protection(this time afraid of getting pregnant coz of experience have had). The comments on this forum are really helping me a lot coz sometimes just start crying when i remember what happened.
iam sorry to heard ur lost, its sad that u didnt heard any comment in here, about your questions, after ur D&C , you can start TTC after 6 months of d&c, i asked that to my husband ,he is a doctor.

hope u feel better ,take care and god bless
Had a miscarriage & D&C on 5/26/06.  I was 17 wks but
baby only measured 14 wks - had a missed miscarriage.  Dr.
put me on birth control pills this first month to get my hormones and cycle back on track. Has anyone heard of a Dr.
doing that and do you think it will get my cycle back on
track enough to start trying here in July?
I had a missed miscarriage on 6/6/06 i had to have a d&c and my doctor told me that i could start trying to get pregnant whenever i felt ready but i have heard that you should wait till you have your first period. Is it possibe to get pregnant before you have a period? And is it safe to get pregnant so early. I really want to get pregnant as soon as i can. Has anyone got pregnant before they had their first period and if so did everything turn out allright?
My soon to be sister in law is pregnant however she had a miscarriage 8 weeks ago and now she said the doctor said she is 9 weeks and i can not figure it out can any one help and pls suggest anything

thanks confused082006
Yes I've heard you can get pregnant within 2 wks after a miscarriage because this would be the time you would ovulate.
My doc put me on birth control because she said you should wait
one full cycle at least.  This birth control helped me get my
cycle on track and I had my period 26 days after my miscarriage.
However my period was very very light and lasted about 4 days.
Now I'm wondering if I should start trying in a couple weeks
when I'm ovulating or wait another cycle before I start trying.
Any suggestions?
My Partner and I just had a misscarriage after 12 weeks and did a D&C today.  In fact we are told the baby died two weeks ago. It was very devastating.  Right now we're in seclusion.  Our doctor said we should wait two menstrual cycles before we try again.  I am very worried about doingit again.  We had a miscarriage already for the year.  We have already discussed not telling anyone we're pregnant next time.

The stories of all of you who have gone on to have successful pregnancies are very encouraging.  I am 31 years old now and feel I have only a short time left.
how long after a D&C does it take for you to have a period? It has been 5 wks since my D&C and i still have not had a period. Me and my husband want to try again but the doctor said we have to wait till after my first period.
Hi everyone! I know this is a emotional topic...I was pregnant twice now the first one I lost at 19 weeks due to the fact that his right kidney was polycystic and his left kidney was very dense so they had to induce me into labour and I lost him on July 24/05 then me and my fiancee decided to try again in March and by April 24/06 we found out we were pregnant. We were so excited and when we went for our ultrasound on July 11/06 we found out that we had lost the baby roughly 3 weeks before that. it was so sad to look at the ultrasound and only see the sac with no fetus in it. I had a D&C done the next day after the ultrasound and the bleeding was bery light and has stopped now. We are wanting to start trying ASAP what do any of you think about trying right away? How fertile are you after you stop bleeding from the D&C?

I really hope all of you that are having problems getting pregnant have better luck and have beautiful healthy babies
i had a d&c on 6/6/06 i was about 9 wks pregnant. it has almost 6 wks since the d&c and i am pregnant again so you can get pregnant right after a D&C
I've had two miscarriages over the last year and a half. The first one there was a sac but the baby never developed properly. I miscarried that pregnancy naturally. It was VERY painful. The second miscarriage happened two weeks after our first visit to the doctor in October of 2006. We saw the heart beating. It was the right size and everything looked great. Turned out it had an extra chromosome that wouldn't allow it to survive. With this pregnancy I had a D&C. Since this D&C my cycle has been all over the place. I'm no longer accurate with my cycle. We've been trying for a while and haven't been successful. I thought this week we were pregnant but it turned out I was just late because I got my period nearly five days later than I should've in comparison to my cycle last month. I will stay in prayer. I know we'll get pregnant and have a healthy baby but I admit this process has been difficult. I am also 40 years old. So I guess my age is also a factor. But my sister just got pregnant with her third child and she's 43. This forum is nice. I just found it today. I know there's hope and there's no reason to feel depressed or discouraged.
I just had a D&C today. I lost the baby at 8 weeks. Their was actually triplets but I lost the other two at 6 weeks. Does anyone know what your chances are of getting pregnant with multiples the next pregnancy? And no we wer not using fertility treatments. My heart goes out to all of you.
Hi Everyone,

It's been almost 2 months since my D&C, I have found it easier to cope with as the days go on but find that things constantly come up that make the pain and I almost feel paralyzed by it. My husband & I really want to try again but are so scared of the possibility of it happening again. My Dr. said to wait 2 to 3 months to ttc. There is a part of me that wants to start now but almost feel like we should wait until the 3 months is up because then I will know that if it happens again that it wasn't "me" who didn't wait long enough. Is anyone else experiencing this? I feel like everyone I know if popping up pregnant, I find it a constant reminder of what could have been for us. So much pain.

All the best to everyone -KT
I had miscarried on 9/21/07, I was 24 weeks pregnant, me and my husband was very excited to be having a 3rd child... We were broken when we found out that she passed away due to a "tightly coilled" umbilical cord, they had to induce labor ( I had to give birth to her because of how far along I was). Now he is very scared of trying again because of what happend and I too am scared but I have faith that we can get pregnant and birth a beautiful baby boy/girl.. I want to try again
but I'm not sure when to start trying again, if anyone can give me some advice I'd very much appreciate it dearly, thanks...

Erica/
I had a m/c naturally at 7 weeks in Sept, my Dr said start ttc anytime you want after the bleeding stops, I'm 30 and healthy and have a 6 yr old already.

I just wanted to let everyone know after researching asking, Moms, Couples, ER Doctors and my OB/GYN that if you had a natural m/c (meaning no D&C and it was early on (before 12 weeks) The only reason they ask you to wait at l cycle is so that they can figure out when you conceived and a due date. They get paid plenty of money and have other ways to do that!! Also they are afraid that you may not ovulate the first cycle, so if you were trying you would be waiting, stressed and upset for nothing. so if you're regular normally and healthy and lost it naturally then you can try 2 days after you stop bleeding from the m/c. If you had a D&C (still before the 12 week) you may bleed longer which will screw up your cycle, you will be MORE fertile but your uterous will not be as rich and thick as it normally is, so you can get pregnant and people have healthy babies but they suggest waiting at the very least 1 cycle. If you had a m/c, D&C after the 12 weeks and there was complications or you are over 35 the chances of miscarrying again are slightly higher, they say wait 3 to 4 months at the very least.

if you only had 1 m/c and it was early on you're chance of miscarrying again is about 15%, which is only 3% higher than some one who's never had a miscarriage.

The most important thing really is to be healthy mind and body.

Good luck everyone!!

P.S. the first response on here was really in bad taste. maybe you think people need to lighten up but I think you need to say hey someone just went through what I described in such a detailed and disgusting manner, I'm sure that was a great flashback for those greiving women who recently or ever had a D&C. Think before you type in forums about loss.
I am so sorry for your loss. I believe because you actually had a delivery you should wait at the very least 6 months, your body believes and acted as if you had a baby despite not having taken one home. You need to some time to heal emotionally and physically. The umbilical cord is something that just happens, it's not a defect or something you caused so I would like to say that next time you will not have the same problem, and you can always share with your Dr that you'd like u/s to monitor if the cord is around the neck after the halfway at 20 weeks to ease you mind.

I wish you much luck and hope your pain eases and that you heal as much as you can from something so tragic.
Thank you for the info, its very helpfull and an ease to my mind (about the umbilical cord part and it being sumthing that just happens and that it may not happen again)... I have thought that maybe, just sumhow it could have been my fault sumhow, like sumthing wrong that I may have done, everyone including the docs. and nurses and family said that I cant blame myself for what happend cause theres nothing that I did or didnt do to cause it... I mean like I ate right, took my vitamins, and everything, I prob didnt get to rest as much due to that I have a 5 and 6 year old running around, heh. But I did try everything to keep the pregnacy going good and healthy...
On top of the pain I was already having due to finding out that my baby girl passed away, the docs didnt even come in the room to help me when I was delivering, a part of me feels that they didnt care as much because she was passed, but still they should have been in there with me, helping me, ya know? Its sad. And they were saying stuff like, oh well there was nothing we could do we wanted you to push it out on your own, and I told them well yea okay but you should have been in here helping me , telling me what I need to do, that I could have made a mistake and done sumthing wrong that could have hurt myself... My husband says that hes never been so scared for me in his life untill that happend, and yes hes very, very upset with them and says that when me and him do try again that he wont be taking me to LRMC .And that wasnt the only heartless thing they did to us during that, they as well didnt give us pictures of our baby nor the hat and blanket she was wearing when we held her , and they were supposed to. So we talked with the social worker ( I believe thats what shes called) and she said " OMG no, no they cant do that , they have to give you pictures and the things she was wearing, they have to and I'll go get them for yall okay?" . And thank God she did, we were so thankfull... Were getting her (Love- our daughter) cremated so that we can always have her with us, and were both getting cremation necklaces so that we can always have her near our hearts...
Again thanks for the advice, its truly appreciated,
Erica & Timothy
Hi, I've read many many posts and am just now posting one of my own.  I miscarried, started naturally but ended up needing a D&C on the 13th of September.  Just over a week later, the 22nd, I got married. I did get the okay to have sex on our wedding night.  So that was a plus.  My husband is mostly gone (because of work) and is only home for an extended weekend over the period of a month or so. So we also had sex the following 3 days. Last week I noticed that I was a little more wet "down there" than I normally am. Then I started feeling more tired than I normally do. Then I spotted pinkish-brown stuff for 2 days and had twinge cramping on my left side in association with it. I'm telling myself not to get too excited, but I think I may be pregnant!  It definately would help get me past the grieving. I did take a pregnancy test tonight, but it came out negative.  I know I need to wait until next week to re-test.  Anyone else think they were pregnant after a D&C and turns out they weren't??
A D&C can also be performed after you deliver your baby. I had my daughter on 9/30/05, and ten days later, an emergency D&C was performed to remove leftover placenta. I was near death when I was rushed to the hospital. Days before the surgery, I had tried on two separate occasions to tell my Dr. something was wrong, but they decided to do nothing and sent me home. They said "everything is fine" and that your vitals are normal.

Now, after two years with no periods, I feel that my hopes of having another child are gone. It's been determined that I have extensive scar tissue in my uterus and would have to see an infertility specialist to see if anything can be done.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, were you able to have another child?

hello everyone.i misscarried on 1016/07.i was 8 weeks pregnant .when i got pregnant, i didnt even know till i was 6 weeks, and in the 1st sonogram we saw the heart beat. but the next week i was spotting a little bit so we got another sonogram bout a week and i half later. and it was gone. my doctor made me wait another week just incase .
i didnt really bleed a lot after D&C. it was more like old blood. its been almost a month since my D&C and i got my period 11/12. they were actually better than before.the bleeding was normal and i wasn't cramping, which i use to a lot. my doctor also said i should just wait till my 1st period cycle to try to get pregnant again.
i amjust afraid to try again that soon. but my husband thinks we should. its not that i dont wanna. its just that i am afraid i'll miscarry again. my hubby isnt pushing me or anything, he has been so wonderful and so helpful during all this. also my dr said that i am fine and i should start trying after 1st period. i mean she said physically i am ready.and till i got my 1st period i thought the same thing but now that we actually tried for the 1st time tonight i started thinking and i dont think i can take it if it happens again. but i really wanna get pregnant. i am soooo confused. i donno wat to do. plz plz plz help me
Hi, so sorry for your loss, I had a M/C which started on the 10/08/07, I was 8 weeks pregnant. I had a sonogram when the bleeding strated and was told that, at that point, everything looked fine but they couldn't tell me how it would turn out. The following three days were awful, I had a very slow m/c and ended up, following another scan which showed that I had lost the pregnancy, having a d&c. The total m/c lasted for 6 days. Four weeks later, to the day, I had a period which was really wierd i.e. no pain, seemed really healthy (if you know what I mean) and lasted 5 days. My partner and I decided to at least stop using any contraception and let nature decide. I have just done a positive pregnancy test and feel very apprehensive. It's very early days yet, going to see the doc tomorrow but not sure they will do anything other than tell me to wait for my 12 week scan. Trying not to invest too much in this one as I did with the last...I thought it was a given that the last pregnancy would be healthy as already have had a very healthy pregnancy and very healthy daughter who is now 5. You just need to wait until you're ready, there's no evidence to suggest that you will have another m/c and even less evidence that indicates a reason for your 1st m/c........best of luck with it tho...
First of all my heart goes out to all of you women who have had a D&C after a miscarriage. Or just losing a child at all.

Well Here is my story:

I was pregnant and lost my baby at 14.5 weeks. Nov. 29th I had an ultrasound after having some bright red blood, they said the baby lost all of its amnotic fluid, which is what keeps it alive. I was devastated. So I was put on strict bed rest where I layed and drank so much fluids HOPING that would replinish what the baby lost. The Ultra sound Dr. said it was only a matter of time before there is no heartbeat, but I didnt give up. Dec 2nd in the morning I was rushed to the ER because I was bleeding and passing huge blood clots. After 9 hours at the ER it was determined I didnt pass the baby but there was no heartbeat. Me and my fiance were so sad. We cried & screamed all night long, we didnt know what to do. Well that Monday I had to see my dr at 9am. She scheduled a D&C for Dec 3rd at the hospital because all the bleeding I have had through out the whole pregnancy. Well Monday Dec 2nd around 4pm I started having cramping that wouldnt go away, I didnt know what it was. Well about 5:30pm I called my Dr. she asked how far apart the contractions were.. I freaked out, I said CONTRACTIONS???!!!??? so my fiance timed them and they were alittle less then 3 mins apart at that time. The Dr. said you dont have enough time to get to the ER so she had us fill up our bath tub of hot water and have me sit in it. She said "your going to be delivering the fetus & hopefully the placenta". I asked her "is it going to look like a baby?" she said no it would just look like tissue. Well about 45 mins later something started coming out.. it was FEET! I flipped out, my fiance tried so hard to calm me down. about an hour later after the baby slowly coming out it was out. It looked just like a baby. I just stared at this baby that isnt alive, I cried once I realized it was a boy. It looked like a barbie doll. It had everything, feet, hands, toes, fingers, eyes, ears EVERYTHING. I was so upset. Well after another couple hours we had to cut the cord because the placenta wouldnt come out. We had to put the baby in a container and bring him to the hospital where I was kept over night till the morning when they performed my D&C. They kept me on morphine the whole night, which stopped me from crying. That was the most tramatic experience ever. Well its been 2 weeks and 2 days and we tried to have sex again last night and I was in so much pain all night. I was swollen & it just burned.

I want to try again but I am teriffied and so is my fiance. So... I dont know.
Ladies your storys are very helpful:

Let me tell you mine... I had a compleatly perfect pregnancy not even morning sickness ... I had gone in for my 20 week check up to find out he sex --- an hour into the ultrasoung the technologist had me see the doctor and she told us they didnt see any fluid ... They had me see a high risk doctor and have a fetal MRI which came back fine... I week later I had an amnio infusion and the fluid came right out --so they said that my water had broken and I had not realized because it was a slow leak --- I was sent into the hospital to have my labor induced after 3 days in the hospital and 24 hours of labor and 4 hours of hard contraction ihad delieverd a baby boy which we named hope bradley shaw -- He had looked just like a normal healthy baby -- shortley thereafter I had to go in for a D&C to remove the placenta --- The next day they had let me go home and I had stopped bleading about 3 days after--- It is now 12/26 and I am not use any contraception and my partner would love to become pregnate soon --- But I have not had my period yet and I have pinkish spotting only last night when I wiped could this be a early sign of implantion ? Any direction would be great-- Nicole
Ladies your storys are very helpful:

Nicole-

The pinkish blood when you wipe is normal. You could bleed like a period for up to 2 weeks. I bled heavly for 2 weeks after my 1st D&C and this past friday was rushed into the hospital for bleeding. I bled through a maxi pad, underwear and pants every hour. They determined I had some placenta stuck to my uterus. They had to perform another D&C and keep me overnight due to all the blood loss. I bled alittle bit but as of yesterday I only see a little pink when I wipe but I am done wearing a pad.

It can take 6-8 weeks to have a normal period. Some Dr's ask that you dont try until you have your first period that way its much easier to track your pregnancy. Not only that but because of having to deliver your baby and have a D&C your uterus is soft.. it makes it easier to get pregnant but its not very healthy. You want your body to heal. Its like having sex sooner then 6 weeks after having a baby.. its not healthy because everything needs to get back to normal.

I recommend waiting to have unprotected sex for atleast a few weeks or so and make sure your still  taking your prenatals.

My heart goes out to you. This Christmas was very difficult after losing my baby boy, I am so nervous to try again. But I get so sad seeing all these happy pregnant women. I want to be pregnant again and just happy.
"I want to be pregnant again and just happy."

This is how I feel exactly Dani. You have been through something far more traumatic than my miscarriage but I can hardly stand the wait to get pregnant again even though I was not ttc. My doctor said at least 6 months, but I am not sure if I can wait this long. Has anybody else been told to wait this long? The only thing I can think of that makes my situation different is that I had to have emergency surgery to remove some cysts - though this will be healed in a month and I was pregnant anyways so I cant see how getting pregnant again will affect this.

I'd like to know if I really should wait that long?
You know what my doctor has told me to have sex with a condom till further notice and they tell you that for 2 reasons. 1 to let your uterus harden again because its soft, keep in mind it also gets soft when you are ovulating. 2 because its easier for them to track how far along you are after you have had a few periods. I love my doctor she is awesome but me and my fiance used 2 condoms and said forget it. If I get pregnant awesome, if not its not the end of the world. We waited 2 weeks before doing it unprotected. I read up on it that its ok after 2 weeks.

Dont give up I'm not. My cousin has had 2 miscarriages before she had 2 beautiful little girls ages now 6 & 3. I refuse to give up, I just cant.

I had a doctors appt. last week and my doctor determined that the placenta formed wrong around my uterus. She said this could happen again and she has seen women carry full term but its a possibility that it will be my one and only child and that she might have to remove my uterus.

But.. With all that said and done i have faith and I know things will work out for me.
Hi, i read all of your comments and my heart goes out to all of you.. i just recently had a D&C, well actually it was more like a S&C (what you get when you have an abortion) is what the doctor said. im 19 and recently married in july.  i moved from delaware to texas with my husband who just joined the airforce. about the 2nd week that i arrived there, i conceived... less than 2 months later i found out i was pregnant, so we were super excited!  i started all my prenatals and everything seemed to be going fine. the day before my first scheduled dr appt, i started to bleed alot. about as much as a heavy period , called my doctor and told me i had to go to the ER . i was there all night and got sent home with a "threatened miscarriage" and  was told that i have A-Negative Blood , which probably had an affect on the baby, so i got a ROGAHM shot for that...  but i had high hopes that everything was gonna be okay. well the next day i had to go to the doctors office and they did an ultra sound, and said that my levels had dropped ALOT and that i already started to miscarry the baby, they said there was barely anything in the sack anymore. so i was scheduled the nxt day to have the D&C/S&C.. its been a little over 6 weeks and i just got my period for the first time the other day. me and my husband really want to get pregnant but im terrified to try because it was the worst experience and i dont think i could handle it again..could anyone give me any advice on anything ?? thanks alot.
I'm scheduled for a D&C in the morning. I found out on Fri 1/18/07 at 9wks that there was no heartbeat. This was so unexpected since I had saw one at 6wks. I decided to have a D&C instead of waiting to miscarry on my own. We are ready to try again but my doctor said to wait 3 months. I have no problem with waiting. He will be leaving for Iraq in April so our time is limited. I have read so many different post in here some say their Dr's say don't wait and others say wait to have 1 peroid, then others say 2-3 months. This is all so confusing. What is the best time to try to start again. I will keep praying and having faith. Best wishes to all you ladies who are going through the same things.
hey. i would say wait until your ready.. im assuming your husband/boyfriend is in the military...my husband is in the airforce and he was in tech school when i had my miscarriage.. well when i had the miscarriage, he was on base and wasnt allowed to leave, and i had to do IT ALL on my own..it was the worst feeling going through something like that without him... so my advice is that if you dont feel completley ready after your D&C , than dont try.. cus you dont want the same thing to happen and have to go through it alone.. im so sorry about your loss!
first off i wanted to say sorry to everyone for their loss. i recently went thru a d&c on the 8th. i was told by my dr two different things. first she told me that we needed to wait 3 months then at my two week follow up she basically said if we aren't going to try soon i needed to be on bc. so i'm kinda confused as should we wait or go ahead now.
First I want to say that my heart goes out to everyone for their losses.  It's a terrible thing to have to go through, and I wish everyone the best.
I had a missed m/c at 10 weeks at the end of July and had to have a d&c on August 1, 2007.  My doctor gave me the all clear after my first period to start ttc again and my period has been normal since, only once since the d&c has my period been off by a couple of days.  But I keep hearing and reading all these things of people getting pregnant right after their d&c and for me it's been or within the first 2 -3 months.  It's been 5 months for my husband and I and still nothing.  And I know that I can have children because we have a 4 year old already.  It just scares me that maybe something happened during the d&c and now I am having trouble getting pregnant.  My doctor says everything is fine.  But with my son I got pregnant right away and with the m/c it only took 1 month.  So I guess I'm just worried.  You don't hear a lot of stories of it taking a whole year after to get pregnant.  I'm hoping it doesn't take that long...
It's just nice to have this forum to talk to other people who have gone through the same things.  I don't really have anyone to talk to about this who understands.  My husband just keeps telling me it doesn't matter it will happen when it happens and I know that's true, but it's just hard knowing that I went through it and that maybe something happened durning it and something's wrong with me now...
I also went through a recent miscarriage and D & C a week ago.  I was 7 weeks.  My husband and I are getting through it and looking forward to ttc again and hopefully having a healthy pregnancy.  My doctor told us to wait 2 cycles, but we think we want to try after 1 cycle.  We are in debate.... We are going back to doctor in 1 1/2 weeks so maybe we will see where he is coming from and why he is against ttc after 1 cycle.  
I was 11 weeks pregnant, and felt cramping and spotting, so my OB sent me to the ER, they did an U/S and my sac was only measuring 5weeks 6 days...and there was no heartbeat...I went home to miscarry naturally, but the PAIN was too much, I was actually having contractions and went back to the ER where they did a D & C...that was on Jan 3rd....Well, my husband and I had much unprotected sex as soon as I stopped bleeding, which was about 3 weeks ago...And for the last 4 days I have been feeling very pregnant...Nautiuous off and on throughout the day, tired, etc...(you know as a woman when you feel pg) Anyway, I took a digital test, and it came up (Not Pregnant) but I know how I feel, so I took the test apart and looked at the lines, and there is DEF a second line, it's just not as dark...it was faint...I know it's really early even if I am PG, but I'm scared...How is it possible I got pregnant in the same month I got a d & C....Today is my 1 month anniversary of my D&C....It's so scary and sad...

I feel for all the women on this forum who have lost their little beans...We need to stick together and continue talking about how we feel, b/c noone will give us the support we deserve more then the women on this forum!!! Thanks for being here!
So its been 2 months and 1 day since I lost my little boy. I was 14 weeks. The last month I have been feeling so pregnant and the test keep coming up negative. I had my period for 2 days and then that was it, even then it was real light. Its so frusterating not knowing. I dont know if any of you are dealing with this the way I am but I keep getting "congrats to the new mommy" stuff in the mail and its takes a little peice of me each time. Finally the other night I just lost it, I was crying so hard I couldnt breath. I tried to talk to my fiance about it, and he just doesnt understand how I feel, he thinks its stupid that I looked at the old ultra sound pictures, he was being so insensitive. I know he is hurting, its such a touchy subject, I cant even talk to him about it. But I dont know I just hope I am pregnant and that its a healthy baby. My good friend had her baby this morning and it just made me tear up, I am so sad that I didnt get to experience what she has now twice. I cant even watch movies that babies are in without crying. I tired to watch the movie "9 Months" It use to be one of my favorite movies and I could barely watch 5 mins of it before my eyes were filled up. I was so fine for the longest time and I think when I started my period that just hit me like a wake up call.. "YOUR NOT PREGNANT" and I think that was the first time I had to face it. I really THANK all of you that read and listen to this since I have no one else to talk to.
First of all I would like to say this is a nice place to chat with someone else who knows what your going through. I ended up having a D&C Jan 28 after doing 2 doses of Cytotec only to cramp really bad. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone the pain and waiting. It has been very hard. I do have a healthy 10 year old so I know that I can get pregnant and have a healthy baby. I went in for my follow up appointment Feb 6 and my Dr advised me to wait at least one period before trying and she says you can get pregnant before having a period and she has had women to do this and have healthy pregnancy. I work with 3 women who said this happen to them and they had a good preg. My Dr also says having a miscarriage and D&C increases the chances of having another miscarriage slightly. She told me she would encourage me to wait a cyle but since my fiance is leaving for Iraq in April our time is limited and we are eager to try when he comes back from training on the 16th. I just pray I can get pregnant again and have a healthy pregnancy. Dani412 I understand what you are going through with your fiance. My fiance tells me to stop crying and I tell him he doesn't understand. Even my friends don't understand tell me I need to get out the house and do things. Only a woman who has been through this would understand. I work with several women that are pregnant I hate going to work and then there are still people who don't know and ask how things are going with the baby and I tear up. I feel only getting pregnant again will fill the emptiness.
Thank you! Its nice to really have someone that understands. My friends tell me the same thing. "get out, go do something" I HAD a best friend who doesnt understand and we arent even friends after this, because she doesnt get why i dont want to go out to the bar. I still look pregnant, I went to the mall with her one time and was asked by 3 people "how far along are you" it killed me. So when I explained to her that I am trying to get pregnant still and going out to bars isnt something I want to do, 1 because I am trying to get pregnant and 2 because I dont want to be asked if I am pregnant when I am not. The whole time I was pregnant not one person asked, go figure. I wish my Fiance and friends just understood. I dont know if any of you are going through this but I feel so pregnant, and I am scared to take a test because I know how upset I will be if im not. Plus those test are so dang expensive, I dont want to continue to purchase them when they come out negative. I finally started to go to the gym. I dont do anything that you shouldnt do if your pregnant, just in case. I still eat healthy and I am still taking my prenatals, I pray every night that I will get pregnant. I almost feel pathetic about the whole situation. I dont if any of you feel this way but I never agreed about abortion before but after going through this, I want to walk up and slap the girls that use it as a birth control method. My friend Andy called me all excited a few months ago about becoming a daddy and his girlfriend 2 weeks ago had an abortion without him knowing and told him she lost it. He found the papers for the abortion and called me last night in tears.. he said "he almost knows how I feel, losing a baby you are so excited to bring into this world". I just dont think anyone other then us girls on here really understand how devastating this really is. No one could ever understand this unless they lived it. We all have lost, we have lost in many different ways, but we all have lost in devastating way.

I hope soon I can write a happy story on here, about getting pregnant and 9 months later have a healthy happy baby.
hi..it's my first time writing on a forum but reading everyone's comments was really helpful.

here's my story: my husband and i got pregnant right away right before christmas.  it was such a wonderful time to share with our famillies. this is my first pregnancy and i can't even describe how excited i was to be a mom!  

we went in for our 8 week appt. and heard a strong heartbeat...it was such am amazing and beautiful sound.  i've been feeling great during my pregnancy...the occasional sleepiness, etc. but really no morning sickness...i considered myself lucky...

then, on feb. 12, we went in for our 12-week appt.  the dr. could not find a heartbeat...i will never forget that moment for as long as i live...i couldn't believe how fast life had changed.  it was such a shock to us...i hadn't experienced any cramping, bleeding, etc.  i just couldn't believe it was actually happening to us.  when the dr. measured the baby, he/she was measuring like an 8-week old.  we went in the following day to do another ultrasound to be sure and still no heartbeat.  i wasn't suprised, but of course was still holding on to that ounce of hope.  

i went in for a d&c on 2/18.  it was such a hard day and i'm feeling pretty well physically, but emotionally i feel so sad.  i loved this baby so much and just can't believe that one week ago i thought i was pregnant and we were so happy and now life has forever changed.  i know that there will be more emotional healing to come, and i take comfort in knowing that God is soverign, but of course it still sucks.  

i wish i could just fast-forward this time and be pregnant again, but again...i'm trusting God in His timing and also know that I need to continue to heal from this.  i'll never forget this pregnancy...this baby...and i'm thankful to be a mother.

may you all continue to heal and i'm so sorry for your loss...

THIS IS MY STORY. I AM 35 YEARS OLD MARRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME 2 YEARS AGO. I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD SON FROM A PRIOR RELATIONSHIP. SO 1 1/2 YEARS PASSED NO PREGNANCY. IT SEEMED SO EASY WHEN I WAS 24. BEEN TO SPECIALISTS. THEY SAY I HAVE LOW OVARIAN RESERVE. FRANTIC MY HUSBAND AND I TRIED EVERYTHING FINALLY ON SEPT 25 I HAD A HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAM AND BECAME PREGNANT IN NOVEMBER.....M/C DECEMBER 12 NATURALLY...AND IMMEDIATELY BECAME PREGANT AGAIN ACCORDING TO DATED 14 DAYS AFTER MC.... FRIDAY I WENT FOR AN U/S AND NO HEARTBEAT.. EVERYTHING IS THE RIGHT SIZE FOR A 10 WEEK PREGNANCY BUT NO HEARTBEAT...I HAVE BEEN ON PROGESTERONE THERAPY SINCE 4 WEEKS.. SO  DOC SAYS I HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE IF MY BODY TAKES CARE OF THINGS NATURALLY....OTHERWISE WE NEED A D&C..IM SO SCARED WHAT IS WRONG
My deepest sympathy goes out to all of you.  
I'm 30 years old and have a 4 year old boy.  My husband and I have waited a while to have a second child, however, as soon as we were ready, we fell pregnant straight away.  My periods have always been very irregular, ranging from 14 months to 1.5 months (except when I was on the pill).  After 1.5 months of trying and plenty of negative home pregnancy test results, I was ecstatic to find myself pregnant, just when we were about to slow down and not try so hard.  My first US scan showed a gestational sac consistent with that of a 5.5 week old pregnancy - no fetal pole as yet.  2 weeks later I did a follow up US and this time it showed identical twins with good measurements and strong heart beats.  I was at that stage 7.5 weeks pregnant.  I was in total shock but was extremely excited at the same time - can't wait to tell hubby when I get home.  For the next week and a bit, I felt like the luckiest person to ever live - felt sooooo blest.  At about 9 weeks into the pregnancy, I started to feel a little uneasy about the preganancy - no appetite, wasn't showing much of a baby bump( especially as though I'm carrying twins) and my breasts stopped feeling sore - I was not feeling pregnant.  Deep in my heart I felt that things are not as they should be, but I was also hopefull that they are.  I raised my concerns with the GP and she ordered an US to ease my worries.  The scan (11/03/08) confirmed my worst fears, and I was not holding back on all the questions.  My medical background has helped me understand and rationalise why things sometimes go wrong, but that does not take away the pain.  I aske the sonographer to talk me through what he can see and not hold back any information as I am naturally curious and would rather find out sooner rather than later.  I can see the saddness in the sonographers face and that pretty much spoke louder and clearer than words.  I was told that the babies had stopped growing at about 8 weeks and now have no heart beats - I was 10 weeks pregnant at that time.  I was naturally devastated and numb from disbelieve but most of all soooo sad that I was not able to give these babies life.  I had to call my hubby after the scan and tell him the bad news as it was a week day and he was at work.  Like most of you, I was not taking any chances i.e. taking vitamins, ate healthy foods, drank lots of fluids, gave up coffee, taking plenty of rest.  I was also on 2 weeks annual leave, and all this sadness came about in the second week.  I am due to have a D&C on tomorrow (17/03/08) when my babies would have been 11 weeks.  So I'm in the process of miscarrying and it will be over tomorrow.  I've had nearly a week to grieve and do some soul searching.  I not particulalry religious since moving out of home after marrying (hubby is Buddist), but for some reason this tragety has helped me to renew my faith.  I went to church today, and the priest lit two little candles (one for each baby), annointed me and gave me a blessing and said a prayer for my little ones so that they can rest in peace and told me that he will be thinking of me and praying for me on Monday when I go into hospital.  I feel a little better now knowing that my babies are happy in baby heaven.  I cannot wait for it to be over tomorrow so I can start to heal physically, and emotionally.  My only guilt now is that my babies will become medical waste after the procedure ,but at least their spirits will not.  

I would love to hear how you all have managed to move on after your m/c.  I know that time heals all wounds, but it's what we do with the time that counts.
this forum is great reading all your comments has really helped me we lost a baby to twin to twin transfusion syndome last year (they were identical twins) and just 5 weeks ago had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
I had u/s at 8 weeks and found no heartbeat after seeing strong heartbeat at 6 weeks. It was devastating. Had a d&c the next day. My husband and i had unprotected sex 2 half weeks later. It was just the once and hasnt happened since. I had reatained products from d&c which has now passed naturally. Having a scan on tomorro to confirm all clear, but past week have been feeling sick and having back pains and cramping. Just like i felt when i was pregnant. Its only 4weeks and a few days since the d&c, i couldnt be pregnant could i??? Im testing positive on hpt but thought this would be hormones from last pregnancy. But cant explain the sickness? I didnt think it would be possible to concieve so soon especially with retained products from d&c.  Can anyone help??

Sorry for all you losses. Wish you all happy healthy pregnancies soon. x
I am not normally the type of person to share personal experiences online however, while being depressed about my situation at work I found this site. It almost eased some pain immediately! There are other people going through and feeling the EXACT same way I do! I am twenty one years old and was 12.5 weeks pregnant last Thursday 6/5/08. My husband and I were going in for our monthly check up. We were supposed to get to hear the heartbeat that day because we had not previously. I was SO excited! I leave work to meet my husband at the doctors office at 11:00 a.m. We get there waiting patiently get into the office listen to my results of the blood work taken previously, and she says if you have no other questions we will listen to the heartbeat now. Of course thrilled I didn't have any other questions! She couldn't find a heartbeat and said this is not unusual, but to make sure I'm getting you into ultrasound now to check. We go into the room and they proceed with the ultrasound and I see this perfect little baby pop up on the screen. Little hands and fingers little legs and toes and a big ol' belly. I teared up with such joy. Not realizing it til the tech walked out of the room I had not seen a  heartbeat on the screen. My doctor came rushing in and says I am so sorry so sorry. We can not find a heartbeat. Your baby has passed within the past couple of days. She said I need to schedule you for a D&C tomorrow. I felt like I had been blasted in the head with a bomb. I couldn't do anything but cry. I was confused angry sad. I don't think there was emotion I didn't go through. I wasn't sure how to feel going home that night waiting on what I had to do the next day. I still can not understand how this happens! I did everything..ate healthy took my vitamins religiously with my folic acid and my dha. Ate breakfast with my orange juice every morning exercised read up in my books to make sure I was doing exactly what I needed. I just don't get it. My baby looked so perfect on that screen and in my heart I still feel that way. I had my d&c exactly one week ago today and I am at work going through the motions and trying to hold myself together. I feel for everyone who has ever gone through this. It is such a life changing thing. I think a little over a week ago my husband and I were talking about names! My parents were so excited I have a crib in my house! I just hate it! I am awaiting my follow up appointment next week. I just want to have a baby. I want to try now. Is it safe to try? I don't think I can go through this again. I will break! I hope and pray I am a mommy one day.....I am thinking about you all.... You are in my prayers as well! Good Luck and I hope my story eases some of your pain as yours has done with mine!

sorry for your loss,  i was 7 weeks weeks when i started having pains, went in to be checked and all they could find was the sac but no fetus, two days later i was in having a d&c and the fetus was laying right on my cervix.. but anyways the doc told me to wait six weeks before trying again because of infection and the uterus needs times to contract back down... well i got pregnant after 4 weeks and when i went in they had to do ultra sound becuase they were trying to say i was 16 weeks and i wasnt .. my uterus was enlarged because it didnt have time to contract back down, and 4 months after i had her i had to have my uterus removed because of hemmoraging because my uterus was as if i was still 6 months pregnant... good luck and sending prayers
First of all....I want to tell you all who have experienced loss....my heart goes out to you!  I too have lost 3 of my precious babies.  I had D&C's with the last two miscarriages...and my doctor told me to wait atleast 3 months to ttc.  Unfortunately, after my 2nd miscarriage and first D&C I found out I was pregnant one month later.  I ended up losing that baby as well.

It turns out...the reason why I lost my babies, was because around the time that the baby begins to rely on the placenta and not the yolk sac, I miscarry....this is due to a lack of progesterone.  

The reason we now know this...I have a GORGEOUS 11 month old little girl now!  I had to be on progesterone until I was around 11-12 weeks...and bedrest the entire time I was pregnant due to a sub ca uterine hemorrhage

Lucretia0826-You didn't do ANYTHING wrong.  Sweetheart, trust me when I say I understand how you feel.  I too wondered WHY this was happening, what I did wrong...etc.  It is SOOOO hard...but know that WHEN the time is right...you will conceive....and if that doesn't happen....know that there are SOO many babies who need good homes.  I had finally resigned myself to adoption...(we wanted to adopt at some point anyway) and I discovered I was pregnant with my daughter.  

If ANY of you EVER need anyone to talk to...I am here!
   It is so nice to know that I am not going through this alone.  I had my first miscarriage in Feb 2008. I had it naturally at about 6 weeks. I became pregnant again in late April 2008.  This time I started showing very quickly ( at 2 weeks) and I had to buy maternity clothes at 4 weeks and everyone was convinced that I was having twins. I was extra cautious and careful and did everything I was supossed to do the second time.  At about 7 weeks I started spotting and cramping. I ended up in the ER and and the ultrasound showed only a sac with no fetal development.  The doctor said the chances were "overwhelming'" that I would miscarry, and unfortunately he was right. the next day I started having unbearable labor pains and passed huge golfball size clots that I thought were the sac etc..but were only blood.  I had to have a d&c this time, which the dr. tried to make me do in his office with no sedative!!! I demanded to have the d&c in the hospital. I didn't think I could handle the emotional of physical pain of having a d&c wide awake with no sedative! I had my d&c June 12th. I am still greiving and trying to cope with my loss. My body still feels pregnant and since I was showing so early, I still look pregnant. I really thought everything was going to be ok this time. I thought the chances of this happening twice was very slim.  I want to try again but I'm not sure how long I should wait. My dr. told me at least 2 cycles, but don't know if that is too long or too short of a time.
I am so sorry for all of your losses. I understand exactly how you feel and even thought this is a horribly painful thing to go through, I think it is great that we can support each other and share our experiences.
I was so happy to have my first baby, unfortunally at 5 weeks they told me that i had an empty aminiotic sac.  I was devastated, my doctor did a D&C at 12 weeks and i felt so much better the next day.  I knew that i was not the first or the last person that this could happen to and my doctor told me to wait at least 3 menstrual cycles before i try to conceive.  well after 3 months im pregnant again. first i was scared but with all of this comment that all of you are posting i can relieve myself and have faith in God that everything is going to be much better this time.  

Thank you.....my prayer goes to all of you who are trying to conceive again.  God know how much we can handle and he wont put us through trials and tribulations that we cannot handle for  HE IS LOVE!
I was pregnant for the second time with twin baby girls when I m/c. my fiancé and I was so devastated after the loss that we agreed not to have more children for a while. I think what made the loss so hard for us is because I was half way through the pregnancy when my cervix just gave out, my twins were born May 24, 2008, and they were both alive. Nevertheless, since both their lungs were not developed they could not be saved and eventually died from not having oxygen. Afterwards I had to have a D&C. I was so scared, but the procedure went smoothly. My doctor then told us we should wait until after my 6-week postpartum was over before having sex, and we should wait at least 3 to 6 months before trying to conceive again. I on the other hand am not very good at the waiting game, and my fiancé and I ended having sex just 3-4 weeks later. Now I want to try again for twins as soon as possible. Maybe it is because I am still grieving but I want to try to replace the babies I lost. I honestly do not know if I am going about this the right way, I just know it is what I want.

My question is am I trying too soon to conceive after the loss and the D&C. and what are the risks. My mom said I am very fertile at this stage so I should be careful. However, the doctor stated that there is a chance of infertility after a D&C. can someone please help me to gain a better understanding.
I was 18 1/2 weeks when I miscarried; it was a loss I truly was not ready to handle. For weeks now, I have blamed myself, because I truly feel I had not done what my doctor told me to do. I was put on bed rest for my whole pregnancy, and after about the 2nd month of not working and being stuck in the house I become restless, during the month of May I saw a high-risk specialist who informed me that the babies were too heavy for my cervix to support. Therefore, he ended up putting me on complete bed rest. The ultrasound they did that day showed two healthy baby girls with strong heartbeats. Not even 2 weeks later, I miscarried my twins. I still have not gone back to work because I do not want to face the questions and bizarre scenarios of people not knowing what really to say. I am suffering from the baby blues so my doctor is keeping me out of work until September 1. In the mean time, I have to have therapy to learn how to cope with the loss, as I said before my twins were born alive so this is why I am having such a hard time, because my body gave up on my babies. I still feel it is my fault, and I am sure had I done something differently I would still be pregnant.

I am not trying to bring anyone down, and I truly apologize if I have, I am just soooooo sad and I feel if I have more children, right away I would feel better. I already have a wonderful little boy whom I adore dearly and I do not want him to grow up by his self. My heart goes out to all those mothers and fathers who have suffered this type of loss. I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope you do the same for me. I am so happy that I am really not alone when it comes to this type of loss, because my family and friends do not know what to say to me so they just avoid me all together.  Thanks for lending an ear, and advice and a shoulder to cry on.
I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences.  My prayers are with you.  I feel at home here.  

I lost my baby 1 week ago.  Last Monday, I went in for my regular OB visit and discovered there was no heartbeat on the ultrasound.  I had just passed the 8 week mark so I was excited to see a stronger heartbeat than I had seen at 6 weeks.  I knew something wasn't right because I didn't see anything that looked normal on the screen.  The technician didn't say anything she just took pictures and left the room.  Then my husband and I were taken to another room to wait for the doctor.  When the doctor entered the room, I could tell from the look on his face the news wasn't going to be good.  He told us the baby had passed.  He recommended that I get a D&C the next day.  He told us that the positive thing we could take away from this was that we got pregnant.  I do find comfort in that because I was worried that my fibroids would keep me from getting pregnant.  Tomorrow will be a week since the D&C.  All I can do is look forward to trying again.  Every day my feelings change.  Some days I'm sad, some days I'm optimistic.  I just want to get pregnant again.  The doctor said we could try again in two months.  I already have 2 months marked off on the calendar.  I wish I could try tomorrow, but I know I can't.  

Your stories have really helped me.  

Thank you for your support
I am so sorry for everyones loss.  I had a missed miscarriage on june 12th, had d n c on june 17th, i was 10 weeks june 12 turning 11 weeks day of d n c.  My doctor told me i could try after my first cycle.  I guess every dr tells there patients what they think is best for their patients.  I am so sad and still greiving, all i want is another baby, to be preggo again to fill this void.  This would ve been my fiances first child, i already have a 12 yr old.  I sometimes think that my body didnt no what to do, like we have not done this in 12 years, what should we do then i miscarried.  Now i think ok, now my body should no what it is suppose to do the next time around and i should be able to have a healthy baby.  I no m/c's happen and there is possibilities of women having m/c after m/c. I just want to get preggo again.  I have no baby in uterus and my breast are leaking breast milk, makes me even more depressed.  I will keep everyone in my prayers.  Im glad for this forum, its nice to no that im not crazy and that im not the only one going threw this.  My sister who lives with me thinks i should already be over this, i almost gave her and eviction notice at that moment for that comment.  How insensitive.  My fiance doesnt like to talk about it, so this forum is a good way of me expressing how i feel.  My mom who is my greatest support person is in california visitn her mother and wont be back until july 1st, i havent told her because i didnt want to ruin her vacation, she hasnt had one in 10 years, im counting down the days until she gets back so i can crawl in her bed and curl up under her and cry my heart out.  She had to m/c threwout her life and she has 5 living kids.  I thank you ladies for sharing your stories even though it makes me sad to read them it also gives me hope and help me see the light at the end of the dark tunnel.  I no its hard to wait, but i always try to take my doctors adivce, i will pray for patience for everyone and healthy pregancies.
I lost my baby at 19 weeks so i know exactly how you feel. My Dr told me to wait 3 months to start ttc again and i went through times where i wantedted to start  trying again and times where i thought i would never want to try again. My husband and i also have ours ups and downs cause i feel like he doesn't understand. Its been 4 months and we are finally going to try again. the hardest part for me is that 2 of my best friends were due at the same time as me and i'm watching them prepare for their babies in the next week or two. If you need to talk just message me
It's not your fault.  You need to believe that because it's true. I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. I struggle with some of the same feelings. Today I found myself saying to my baby "I'm sorry I couldn't give you life..." I had to stop myself from blaming myself.  I think it's natural to feel this way, but it really was beyond our control.  For some reason our babies could not develop properly.  I just bought a book called "After Misscariage" by Krissi Danielsson.  She had 2 miscarriages before she went on to have 2 healthy babies.  I found her book very helpful.  

My doctor told us to wait 2 months before we ttc.  Some family members say I should wait 4 months.  I don't want to wait that long.  I say listen to your body.  You and your doctor will know when you're ready.  I totally understand the want to get pregnant.  I wish I could sleep for the next 2 months.  The thought of trying again is what is keeps me going.  I want so much to have babies with my husband.

Right now I'm taking it day by day.  Hang in there.  You'll be okay.  
I was pregnant with my first after years of trying and fertility issues,so needless to say I was soooo excited. Nervously I waited for my 1st doc appt. he did an ultrasound but I was only 6 wks when I was estimated at 8 there was a faint heartbeat he said it was normal and rescheduled for 2wks later. Here I was second ultrasound so excited....no heartbeat . Deep down I think I knew but was hoping the doc would tell me different. I was hysterical cried uncontrollably How could this happen. Doc let me decide if I would miscarry at home or have a d&c. After a week and a half I couldn't wait anymore I still felt pregnant yet I knew that I wasn't. I was crying all the time.Scheduled a d&c for july 30th.The night before I started to cramp horribly. The d&c made everything feel so final and I could really start the grieving process . It was by no means easy but it was the right decision for me. Went for my follow up two weeks later and my doc did an exam said everything was OK and that my husband and I could start trying as soon as we felt ready. Hopefully soon I will become pregnant again. God bless u all.
I had my 2nd d&c procedure done today . It was harder than the first
probably because I was awake. I lost my babies both times at 8weeks.
The first time I didn't know I was even pregnant and I was working hard
labor as a waitress. Reason being the love of my life has low sperm
count by him being older. I asked for time off but a few weeks later I
was loosing alot of blood. I found out that the baby was still there but
no heartbeat. We decided the next pregnancy would be 9 months to
a year. It took a year later and this time I was working at a more relaxed
line of work as a hostess. Everything seemed well until I spotted brown
spots and went to the doctor. The specialist said I had a bligthed ovum
and the baby stopped growing. Two d&c procedures in two years it *****! I am a believer of CHRIST and I KNOW my babies are with him
and always in my heart. Fortunately I am blessed to be a mother to
3 beautiful girls but it still hurts deeply. Children are a blessing and gifts to us. Honestly, I think I may try once more but this time I probably will
wait 4-6 months.Do some yoga, take more vitamins, and better eating
habits beforehand. I know it's all in GOD's hands but I want to give myself the best chance. Even if it doesn't work out as planned we will
more than likely foster and adopt children. To all the courageous women
out there with or without children  may the LORD bless you and give you
many miracles in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am new to this site.  I had D&C in Sept 2nd of 2008.  I haven't got my periods.  I am so worried.  Is anyone else had experience of haveing delayed period after D&C.  It's almost been 9 weeks and nothing yet.  I did do the pregnancy test but it was negative.  Please post me if anyone has any experience. Thanks tina
i just had a d & c dec 30, i want to get pregnant again so bad, i just want another child i have a 4 year old right now and shes wants a lil brother or sister by the way the baby was a boy with the d & c my doctor wants me to wait a year no less then a year because of my body my doc dont believe i can hold kids that long i had my baby girl at 26 weeks she is fine and healthy what should i do wait or just try now
There doesn't seem to be any consensus on how long to wait after a m/c to try again.  I have heard on many message boards people recommend anywhere from no time to a year.  After my D and C, which was three weeks ago, the gyno specialist told me that a person should wait three cycles to ensure that they were ready physically and emotionally.  He did not know me though and probably was giving me the standard information.  My midwife, on the other hand, said that yes, some doctors will say three cycles, but that often one cycle is suffice.  As far as sex after a m/c, I was told to wait until I stopped bleeding.  I find it incredibly difficult to not be trying right now, but I don't want to be irresponsible, so I am trying to wait until I have one cycle...though I feel like I have  been waiting a life time and it has only been three weeks.  
Hello!

I've had 5 miscarriages now.  My doctor did not do a D&C for any of them.  Which was terrible.  I did have a D&C last summer (6 months after my last miscarriage) because my period lasted just over 6 months.  It was a good thing that they did because my uterus was full of scar tissue and other damage.  They got most of it taken care of, but not all.  I was diagnosed with PCOS after that.  My doctor told us to wait one cycle before ttc.  My D&C was 6/17 and we starting trying August 1st. Still no good news for us.  We did 2 rounds of clomid with no luck.  I'm having an HSG done on Monday and hopefully that will give us some more answers.

I'm so sorry for you loss and please take care. best of luck to you.
I am glad that you finally had a doctor take care of you properly.  Having one m/c was devastating, I can't begin to imagine multiple.  I wish you health and strength for the future.  Good luck.
This is the first time posting here but I felt compelled to share.  I was 18 weeks when I went in for a routine check up.  The dr couldnt find a heart beat, it was a shock!  I was in such shock that I didnt cry at all, I was completely dumb founded.  That was March 13th (Friday the 13th of all days) They scheduled me for a D&E (I guess its the same as a D&C, but that is what my dr called it) five days later.  I had the D&E on March 18th.  The genetic testing came back on the baby and it was a girl and there was nothing genetically wrong with her.  So now Im faced with what happened?  My dr only tests for genetic disorders and nothing else.  I had to get the slides sent to a placental patholigist to find out the cause of the baby's heat to stop beating.  We are still waiting for those results.  I, like most of you woman, feel like my body failed my baby.  I know I can carry a child to full term because I have a healthy 4 year old boy.  

I am also having a hard time waiting to try again.  My dr told me to wait until 1 normal af.  I still havent gotten AF but it has only been 3 weeks since the d&e.  We have had unprotected sex since with the theory of  "leave it in Gods hands."   I just want to be pregnant again and have a healthy baby...of course I want that, I was supposed to have a baby!  I cant just change my mindset.  It took us a while to concieve this baby and after months of seeing an RE and 2 IUIs I finally became pregnant only to loose it.  I feel desperate.  My life has been changed forever!

God bless you all!!
i know the pain that all of you feel b/c i just lost my baby on March 31 and had to have a D&C the next day. i was only around 5 or 6 weeks when i lost the baby. when i found out i was pregnant i had a blood test done that was positive and when i had my D&C the dr did another blood test and said that my HCG levels were so low that it was hardly a positive test and said that i probably lost the baby around the same time i found out i was pregnant.

It has only been 28 day since my D&C and lastnight i started feeling sick and my breast have been sore the last few days. i took two hpt today and they both say positive. im excited and worried at the same time. Does anyone know the chances of having another miscarriage are since i got pregnant again so soon?
I'm so happy to hear your story! It's very comforting. I went in for my first U/S on friday May 1st I was 10 weeks pregnant and they couldnt find the baby. They only the sac. The ob office is getting ready to schedule me for a d & c and I'm so nervous. I dont know what to expect, I really dont want to wait to get pregnant again....my husband and I are really wanting a baby so bad so to get the news that they couldnt find the baby just made the two of us break down crying in the room. Reading your story along with everyone elses is very comforting. Just knowing that the majority of people did not have proplems getting pregnant again. Best of luck with your pregnancy!
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and first off I would like you all to know how deeply sorry Iam for your losses!
I too a long time ago when I was 18 turning 19 became pregnant and miscarried. I misscarried naturally and didn't need the D&C done! Then I found my true love and ended up getting pregnant agin only 6 months after we found each other! We had a beautiful baby girl who will be 4 in Sept. We also just recently had a baby boy in January and it was an extremely fast 3 hour from start (contractions) to finish (newborn) labour. They ended up giving me some sort of a needle to help pass the placenta and they figured that they got it all but I ended up passing 4- 8inch pancakes, with massive bleeding! I went in for the D&C Feb 18 not quite 4 weeks after! and after we tried a bunch of medications and other ways around it. I bleed untilMarch 17th and since then have not had a period! I took pregnancy tests and all are negative I have even got a bunch of blood tests done and everything seeming to be ok. I just really am confused as to y I haven't had my period yet and if this is going to be a complete life altering thing!
Any Advice would be greatly appreciated
Hello everyone.  I am deeply sorry for all of your losses.  Here is my story. We got pregnant with our son at age 16.  Had a wonderful pregnancy and a fast and easy 4hr labor and delivery at 17. At age 21 we got pregnant with our daughter and it wasn't as wonderful (LOTS of morning sickness to the point of having to get IVs and be on meds for the nausea) but alas at age 22 we had a healthy baby after only 2hrs.  We found out on May 21st of this year that we were expecting our 3rd child after only trying for one month.  A little nausea, lots of breast tenderness and tons of trips to the bathroom.  It was looking like a normal text book prenancy.  Well on June 23rd I had some really light pink spotting and went to the ER to put my hubby at ease, since with our other 2 we didn't have experinces with this).  They did an u/s and bloodwork and said my HCG levels were dropping and they could only find a sac on the u/s and that it looked like the baby had stopped developing at around 5-6weeks.  No yolk sac no fetal pole, just a gestational sac.  They didn't say it was def. a miscarriage, just a theatend and to see my reg dr in 48 hours.  On June 26th we went to see my midwife and had the same tests run.  She confirmed that the ER was right except that it wasn't a theatend miscarriage there simply was no baby.  She diagnosed us with a "blighted ovum" and told us to come back on Tuesday to triple check (cause they are commonly misdiaganosed) and we would go from there.  We went back Tueday for bloodwork and my HCGs had dropped even more.  Although my pregnancy symptoms were more and I hadn't had any spotting other than the one time before I went to the ER(no cramping either).  We went back in on Wednedsay July 1st for the u/s and to hear our options.  U/s was still the same.  We opted for a D&C.  See as nothing had developed since 5-6 weeks and I should have been almost 10 weeks we didn't want to chance infection waiting on nature and the pill just wasn't an option having to kids at home.  I had my D&C on July 2nd.  I bleed that day then stopped bleeding.  I started bleeding again in Saturday the 4th.  It started slow and crampy like a normal period and has now gone back down to barely there spotting.  My husband and I both want another baby and would like to concieve before he leaves for Iraq in Nov of this year.  The Dr. that did the procedure didn't say how long to wait plus he said there was no need for a follow up.  I made an appt with my midwife anyway for this coming up Friday.  Has anyone on here ever had to have a D&C for a blighted ovum and managed to succesfully concieve within 3 months after?  Has anyone ever had or heard of someone having a blighted ovum 2 times?  I was told it was a "once in a lifetime thing" , but I am really scared to go through this again.  Any advice would be welcome....Thanks
Hello everyone! I am very glad that I found this site because sharing in the pain seems to help me. I had a D&C a week ago and still feel in shock. I was 17 weeks along when my dr couldnt find a heartbeat. I had been placed on bedrest when i was 5 weeks pregnant for bleeding. The dr said that there was a hemorrage between the plenceta and my uterus. I was seeing him on a weekly basis and having ultrasounds done every other week. Everything was looking good, I was still bleeding but the baby was growing. Soon we found out that along with the baby growing was the hemorrage. Finally when I was 14 weeks pregnant I had a doctors appt and was told since nothing was changing we were going to up my visits by two weeks. The  office ened up making the appointment 3 weeks later. I felt fine those three weeks and was really excited to come in because I was at 17 weeks and later on that week we had another ultrasound scheduled where we would find out the sex of the baby. When I went in for the appt the doctor couldnt find a heartbeat with the doppler. He then sent me to the ER to get an ultrasound. I remember being in the hospital us room with my fiance and trying to catch a peak of my baby while waiting to hear everything is alright but I could tell by my fiance's face that everything was not ok. I ended up getting scheduled in the hospital two days later for a D&C. I was knocked out for it which I thank god for because I know I couldnt handle it awake, i was too much of a wreck as is. This was my first pregnancy and we had been trying for 3 years with no luck before.  I am still having a hard time dealing with it. I cry ALOT, mostly when I'm alone but there are times when I break down and cry in front of my fiance. He has also been soo supportive of me but I feel bad because he is being so strong for me that i am afraid he is bottling up his feelings. I also know that we should have waited longer but we ended up having sex 7 days after the DC because we craved the closeness. I had my dr follow up today and was told that when I had the DC I had lost alot of blood but did fine. He said to use protection for 3 months to let my body heal but I was wondering is it possible to get pregnant after only 7 days? I can't wait to get pregnant again but I don't want to rush it. I'm just scared that I am and will miscarry again. Has anyone been in this situation? I appreciate you all for sharing your stories, I know how hard it is to talk about the loss of a child but for someone like myself, your stories touch me and helps in my grief. God bless you all and hang in there, your not alone.
I had a misscarriage feb 28th with alot of complications. They induced regular labor b/c the dr thought that would be easier, i was 16 wks it wasn't. I ended up having an emergency d&c and losing alot of blood. I was in the hospital for 7 days. I felt the same way you do-I didnt want to wait i was ready to try again. My dr recommended waiting 6 mths to a year he said that when you have a d&c its hard on your body and you should give it time to heal. we werent trying to have a baby but i just found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I am terrified. I think it would be better if you give yourself more time to heal emotionally and physically before you try again. We didnt intentionally get pregnant and now i am scared that its too soon and my body will reject the baby. So my advice is take your time and talk to people. My bff is who i talk to you need someone other than your partner to talk to for some reason its just easier.
Hello. I have this site to be very helpful. I had a miscarriage on 04/15/09 and it was the worse expereince of my life. I felt like it was my fault what I could have done differently. Yes, it was mine and my fiance's first baby together. I was 9 weeks and 15 days along when the ultrasound showed no heartbeat. My doctor did not want to do anything and wanted my body to pass it on it own....now it is 5 months later and now I am having to do a D&C. Has anyone ever heard of waiting this long? The friends that I know that are nurses told me that it has been to long and that it should have been done a long time ago. I have been trying to get over this and now I have t deal with this in the maybes of a D&C. My worse fear is that I am not going to be able to have a baby because of waiting so long. I just wanted some women that know how I feel and knows what I am going through to talk to so that I can heal. Thanks!
i am a mom of two,,my son whos 8 and a daughter whos 3,,,,8 months after i had her i got pregnant again,,,but i rejected the baby i was too afraid to have another one,,,and i didnt believe in abortion,,,so i knew i couldnt go through with it,,,so i lost the baby at 3 weeks,,,and now im with this great guy i love so much and decided now its time for a baby,,,i was happy i was pregnant,,,i went for a ultra sound at 6 weeks and a couple of days preg,,everything was fine,,i went becuz i bleed a few times,,,but when i passed the ultrasound everything was fine,,,seen the heartbeat,,i always have to pass a ultrasound because my first i bled for the first three months cuz the placenta was trying to detach itself,,,but all went well afterward,,,,so after the ultrasound i thought everything was fine,,,i had started to have a sore back for a couple of days at workl,,i sit down and make native leather mitts so i dont do any labour work,,i went to thee bathroom and started to bleed for the forth time,,,this time like a period,,,after 4 days i went to see the nurse,,he told me just stay in bed and dont do nothing maybe itll stop the process of having a m/c...3 days after i went to the mall and im like oh no my stomach is hurting now,,,i told my boyfriend hurry and go get my sister something is wrong,,,i sat in the truck and started to have contractions,,,he came to the truck and said shes coming,,,i started to cry cuz i knew it was coming,,,i told him again hurry i cant wait it hurting too much,,,so i kept my body stiff and stopped at my apartment i told them put a garbage bag over the toilet incase stuff comes out ill take it to the hospital,,,then i lost the baby,,,,i was 11 weeks,,i was rushed to the hospital and stayed there like 3 hours and they sent me home,,,i knew i didnt feel right i was bleeding too mnuch,,so when i came home i layed down and the blood was just pouring out of me on the bed,,,im like omg,,i said i better go downstairs and change,,,i stopped before going down the stairs and got dizzy real bad,,,im like hurry get my sister,,,so i was rrushed back and told them something is wrong,,,i was hemmoraging,,,and my blood level went down by half,,,well im already a nervous wreck they tell me the ultrasound didnt look good and they have to do a d&c...i was like nooooo,,,i was too nervous of being put to sleep,,,i didnt like the fact i cant control how i feel,,,like being drugged to sleep,,,but my boyfriend talked me into doing it and that it would be better,,so i went the next morning and when they injected me with propofol i passed out in like 3 seconds,,,it was so fast,,next thing i wake up in the next room,,,but there was nothing to it,,,i wasnt in pain or anything,,just groggy for the first like 3 hours cuz of the drugs,,,but the emotional part that came with that after was hard,,,i burried my little baby with my mom,,and said she can watch my little baby now,,,and said well i know im still fertile and i am trying again already,,,i had my d&c on aug 12
THIS SITE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL FOR ME. I AM A 33 YEAR OLD LADY WITH NO KIDS. ON AUG 31 2009 I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS 6 WEEKS PREGNANT, I WAS EXCITED AND COULD NOT WAIT TO TELL MY HUSBAND. THIS WAS MY FIRST PREGNACY AND WOULD BE MY HUSBAND SECOND CHILD. HIS FIRST IS 17. WENT ON 9/14 FOR FIRST PRENATAL VISIT, SAW AND HEARD A STRONG HEART BEAT. WENT BACK ON 9/28 TO HAVE BLOODPRESSURE CHECKED, NO FETAL HEART BEAT. I WAS CRUSHED AND DEVASTED. THE DOC SUGGESTED D&C BUT I WAS IN NO SHAPE AT THAT POINT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS. SO I WAITED THREE DAYS AND WENT INTO ER AND THEY STILL COULD NOT FIND A FETAL HEARTBEAT. I WAS GIVEN TWO DOSES OF THE CYTOTEC AND NOTHING. I HAD TO END UP HAVING D&C ON 10/08. ONLY BLEED ONE DAY,(LITELY) AND WAS GIVEN SOME MEDS TO STOP BLEEDING. WAS TOLD NOT TO HAVE SEX FOR SIX WEEKS. THE DOC NEVER EXPLAINED TO ME WHY I SUPPOSE TO WAIT AND I JUST WAS NOT GIVEN ANY EXPLANATION ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON. I HAD TO LOOK ON THE NET TO GET SOME ANSWERS. ME AND MY HUSBAND HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ONE WEEK AFTER HAVING THE D&C. SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET OUR HEARTS DESIRE TO HAVE A BABY WITH THE LORDS WILL. IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOING THRU THIS ALONE.
Thank you all for all of your stories. My Husband and I were over joyed to find out we were pregnant last May after only trying for 1 1/2 Months. I went for 4, yes 4, Ultrasounds because the Dr. felt as though things were progressing very slowly. At week 6 we saw the flutter of a heartbeat we were hoping for. A week and a half later the heart beat was gone. I don't think I have ever been so heart broken. I had the D&C on 6/26. I started menstrating in August again, but I I am praying this will be our month. I never wanted children until I met my Husband and know I seem to almost be obsessed with getting pregnant again with a healthy baby. Even though it has been a few months, I sometimes get really upset for no apparent reason. Which is totally not like me.
All of your stories have made feel so much better. I am sorry we all have had to go through this, but it is certainly comforting to know you are out there. G-d Bless all of you. May all of us have happy healthy pregnancies.
I went for my 9 week visit 10/27 and saw where the baby was developing normally, but something happened within the past few days and the baby died. I went in the next day for a D&C. The procedure was uncomfortable, but my dr. gave me plenty of pain meds so I didn't suffer. I didn't have any pain or bleeding until 2 days later. I am having menstrual like cramps and I am bleeding as if I were having a period. I don't understand why this is just now happening. Is this normal?
To everyone who has had an m/c - my heart goes out to you. I just had a d+c yesterday morning after finding out last week that our baby hadn't much developed in the last 7 weeks and had no heartbeat. It's been completely devistating for my husband and I, but to be honest, I am feeling a little better after the d+c, knowing that we can now officially move forward and start again.

My doctor told me that I only have to wait 2 weeks to start trying again, but I think we'll wait until after the first full cycle. I am terrified that this is going to happen again, but I need to face my fear and have faith that our future is in God's hands.

I don't know any magic words to get through this horrible time. I wish I did. For me it was helpful to reach out to my sister in laws who have also gone through m/c and hear their stories. It comforts me to hear everyone's story and learn how each woman has coped. I am truly sorry for everyone's loss and wish you all the very best.
z
When I went for my 12 week check up the doctor found a strong heart beat and said everything looked great and I am measuring perfectly.  Then I went one month later for my 17 week check up and they could not find a heart beat.  This is my first pregnancy and I was destroyed.  My doctor scheduled a D&C the next day.  THe doctor that did the D&C said the baby looked completely normal and everything went very well.  I bled lightly for about 5 days then barely anything after that.  I thought I was on the way to recovery.  Then yesterday, 11 days after the procedure I started bleeding heavy...like the first day of a period.  Is it normal to to just start bleeding like this again?  Does this mean they didn't get everything out?  I just want to know something and when I call the doctor they tell me nothing!
Hi answers from any one, i being through same i went for D&C on 22nd od Dec and on 3rd of Jan i had bleeding like period, I think it is the period coming back.
I experienced Blighted ovum with my first pregnancy in September of 09. I  found out I was pregnant and believed that I was 9 weeks along. I had engorged breast and reactions to smells, but never an nausea. When we went for our first ultrasound I was told that the was no development past 6 wks and that I would have to have HGC levels drawn. So I had them that day and then waited 48 awful hours to have them drawn again. It was then determined that I in fact having a missed abortion and that I would need to miscarry at home or have a D&C. I chose the D&C because I was so nervous to being the process at work and be unable to leave.

It has been three full cycles since my D&C and I am again trying to get pregnant. I was told to wait a minimum of one cycle and upwards of 3. We started again after one, so it has been frustrating that I have not been able to conceive again. I know that it is all in the Lords time but it is still a hard process to go through.

Please know ladies that many women experience this and that you are not alone. Our Heavenly father has a hand in it all :)
Thanks still-waiting for the kind words and wish u good luck
I am new to this i was interested in the things you guys write its amazing on how much info and description, but i just had a d&c done on friday 2/5/2010 i was 7wks 1day there was a sac & placenta but there was no fetal pole or yolk sac, i was awake during the whole procedure, it took about a half hour the most for me, it is a hard topic and very emotional but i was ok more only cause there was never a fetus, she said the sperm and everything else took just not the egg im not a genuis on this it was my first pregnancy it was harsh, they said i had a pathological placenta.  & ive been through hell and back trying to concieve my fiance and i tried for a year with out any help, well i was always in pain 24/7 & during intercourse, so i finally went to my obgyn and said something was wrong, so i had a laproscopic surgery 11/30/2009 they found tons of cysts on my tubes & ovaries which fought the sperm away, then i healed and i ended up pregnant not even 2 weeks after surgery and then after i found out i was pregnant it was maybe 2 weeks after that i had my d&c done, its alot to accept anyone else have this happen to them?
Im 22 years old and had been trying to get pregnant. Middle of january i did three pregnancy tests to find them all positive. 3-4 weeks ago I had some bleeding and was sent for a scan, there was no heartbeat, i was told something had gone wrong about 7 1/2 weeks, i was so upset. On monday I was booked in for a d & c which wasnt a nice experience,it now being thursday i have started having some heavyish bleeding with i didnt think was normal?? i want to b able to start trying again as soon as possible, i know people may say your very young you've got so much time ahead of you but you almost convince yourself its just not meant to happen to you.
Well, I do have a couple boys already. I figured I was done having children. My fiance said lets just try one more time. We really have to see if we will get a girl. We both want one really bad, but would have been happy with a boy too. After three months of convincing I said OK. I was on implanon and got off of it Dec 31. The middle of January I got the "I'm pregnant" feel. I kept taking test all were negative. Towards the middle of February I finally got the positive pregnancy test! I was so excited. I always buy one boy and one girl outfit right away. I was so happy I saved the pregnancy test. ( I never found out before by home test always at the Dr) It was nice I didn't have a lot of symptoms. It seemed like a week or two before I found out I didn't feel as pregnant. I just brushed it off. I felt like something was wrong with the pregnancy but I thought I was just paranoid since I already had some children, I thought my luck would run out. I brushed it off. Went to the Dr. confirmed pregnancy. Was told to come back in 4 weeks for first prenatal since it was to early yet. A week I started feeling super run down. I was so tired it felt like I ran 10 miles just by walking two feet. I felt like puking all the time and did get some diarrhea. I just assumed that the symptoms were just finally kicking in. Well, without warning or cramping or anything I want to the bathroom. I seen what looked like my period. I was devastated. I knew it wasn't going to be OK. My family tried to reassure me. I knew otherwise though. The Dr. said I that there was a lot of bleeding but my cervix was closed and everything else seemed OK. They did an ultrasound. Everything developed but the baby. I didn't want to believe it I thought they were wrong. I hoped they were wrong. 2 days later I had a D and C since my body  wasn't finishing the process. After the procedure I didn't feel sick any more or tired. Physically I felt great again. Emotionally I was a wreck. I am still so sad and hurt. I want so bad to be pregnant again. I seen a women at the store with her newborn and I started to cry. I went to the Dr today and got the OK that I healed. I can have sex again. He said that I should wait 1 or 2 cycles before trying again. The other Dr said the same but he said according to "the book" u can try again right away. They say its better to wait. I don't want to wait all that time though. I read so many other women did again right away and everything was fine. I am scared though, I don't want to go through this. I honestly hadn't really accepted this whole thing, kind of blocked it out. I have read so many other posts and it feels so great to not be alone. My fiance doesn't get it some times. People think I should just move on. It's just not that simple though. I feel as though my body has failed me. I am sorry for everyone else's loses. I know that u can only truly understand if u have bee through it ur self. I really wish and hope everyone the best of luck. I think we are going to try right away, but I am so terrified.
hi i am 23 yrs old i had a d&c three weeks ago this is my second m/c the first one they told me i needed to have a controlled m/c so when i found out i was pregnant this time around i was so nervous i had two scans where they kept telling me different things first they said it was ectopic then they said it was a normal m/c they also told me it was a normal early stage pregnancy however they told me i needed a d&c i am still confused if it died or not?

I am having mix feelings of trying to start again. Feb.14 2010 i miscarried. I was told it was a normal one and did not require a d&c  because my body will pass it out on its own. I spotted everday with only 4 days of no spotting from the time of the m/c to March 23. each time i didn't m/c hubbie and I had sex and each time i spotted the next day.

march 23 i started to clot. i called the doctor and he told me it was normal and I could be exericing my first period. then on March 24-27 the clots were getting bigger and bigger from a peanut size to larger then a plum and i am not kidding. I started to take photos of each clot so when i called on friday March 26 to my doctor he called me in his office. I showed him the photos of the clots and he was just shocked..he did an u/s and there was alot of stuff in there (including one fibriod) he then did an physical exam and pulled out so much clot i almost died looking at it. he said i was hemergin and to get to the ER for an emg. d&c. I was just in shocked.

today he called me to make sure i was ok. he said everthing should be in order now. he did a suction d&c and did a scope to see what kind of fibroid i had. he gave me a name for forgot but it was the kind that is between the tissues of my uterious and on the right side.

I really wanted to have more kids. i am 35 and i have one son age 17. my hubbie has no children and we both wanted to have at leaset 2 or 3 more...by the looks of things it looks kind of dim... anyone out there in the same boat of heard anything like my situation? I never received an d&c when i m/c back in Feb. so does that mean I will ov or have a period now? anyone know when? I was 7 wks when i m/c and my cycle was always 28 days. as of Monday 22 my HcG was at 7 and I did a test today to see if i am down to 0. I woudn't know until tomorrow for that result. I am so confuse of what to experct anymore!
on April 2, 2010 i went to the restroom and felt a big rush of water. I was only 17 weeks, still holding on to hope didnt think nothing of it. Pants proceeded to get wet a few more times and then i put a mirror there to see what was going on. to my surprise i saw the ambilical cord hanging out. my mom called the ambulance. they came and needed to look for their self. he siad well nothing is hanging out we dont know what you saw. great now everyone is pretty much saying im crazy theres nothing there. crying hysterically i keepping telling them i know what i saw. we finally arrive at the hospital where i sit in the hall on a bed for 30 minute. the drives tell the nurse what i siad i saw and she says right in front of me like in invisible "well shes only 17 weeks so if her water did break theres nothing we can do they dont want them on the labor and delievery floor till their at least 20 weeks. of course i cry more cause i hard to hear this from her so negatively. finally i get a room and i sit and sit and sit because they had already decided i peed on myself. a nurse came in and did a test strip and said its not turning so it cant be ambiotic fluid after looking at the strip two whole seconds. i watched the strip for two hours since she just left it on the counter top. it turn greeer and greener. still no one came. later a doctor came to tell me what they wolud be doing, pelvic exam, ultrasound and so on. the nurse came in and said we did a test as soon as yuo came in and it was urine. i smiled the biggest smile i had ever smiled in my entire life. i would much rather look like and idiot that peed on herself than to lose my baby. well off to the ultrasound. not a word from the tech she just did her job very coldly but i did hear my baby heartbeat. i asked did everything look okay and she siad i have to send these to the radiologist. that broke my heart casue i know something was wrong when she didnt answer me. next thing i know i get a pap and the doctor can see the cord. she said you must have lokked all the way up here to see that and i said no it was hanging out like i told you all. nobody seem to take me seriously at the hospital except my fiance. the doctor tells me i need to be admitted tha baby would not make it and i had to stay until the baby passed. they could do a d&c until the heart beat went away. i hurt me very badly but i opted to be induced the next day when the heartbeat was still present because they said it would happen weather i did it or not. it was the hardest decision i ever had to make. i tled them i didnt want to know the sex or see the baby because i felt like i just couldnt handle that without losing my mind and i have a one year old that i had to be sane for. after hours of pain that they said i would not have to go thru cause they would give me meds to keep me comfortable the baby come out with me and my fiance in room. the nurse just gave the meds to induce and left. he called for the nurse and she came in took the baby and put him in a diaper i could see that much. then she told my fiance and i its a boy and she went over to him with the baby almost forcing him to look she keep saying he is beautiful and i just wanted to die to be out of pain. we asked her not to do that before the procedure even began. she did not honor my wishes and it has made this so much more difficult for me. everytime i look at my daughter i wonder if her brother looked like her. i apologize to her for not having her brother. please forgive me for this to anyone this may offend but im angry with GOD, i feel humiliated by GOD, i want to know why, i need an answer the pain is so unbearable. im almost finish a degree in early childhood and i quit school. i cant return to work with the kids because i cry all day long especially when i see kids. how could this happen to me. my doctor said i did nothing wrong and sometimes these things just happen. i do plan on trying again a soon as the two week wait is up but im am very scared.i will not give up due to fear. Anybody HOEW DO WE GET PASS THIS AS WOMEN WHO ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING TO HAVE HEALTHY BABIES? Im angry at the hospital because i dont feel like they took me seriously. i know they couldnt save the baby but i wish they would have considered my feeling about the process as the did their job.
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage about a year ago. It was one of the hardest things I have ever been thru and I have been thru ALOT in my life. Noone can imagine that pain until you experience it. I know this is prolly a very difficult time in your life and you feel like theres no hope. I have been there and I didnt even come close to going thru what you did. I am a Christian. There have been many times in my life when my flesh has wanted to blame God for all that has happened in my life. I lost a baby, my mom had cancer, my dad just died in Nov of 2009 (49 yrs old), but I know that God has a reason for everything and my job is to trust in Him. Being a Christian one of the hardest things for me to understand is why some who abuse there babies can have them and ones who would love them unconditionaly cant. But I also know that no matter what happend God knows what He is doing. He is never going to leave us nor forsake us. The devil is trying to get to us when this happens and alot of times he is successful. Just remember that God will not put on us more than we can handle! As hard as it may be, the best thing to do is thank God for what happened. It took me a little while to be able to do that but when I did God has blessed me in so many ways since. I now understand why He did what He did. I am now more prepared and I am a better Christian for what all I have been thru. It will only make you stronger in the end!

I hope this has helped! And again I am very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine having to go thru that. I lost mine at about 9 wks and had a DNC. So like I said mine was in no way as tramatic as yours. I will pray that everything works out for you and all of you who have experiences this in your life!
thank you for you words of encouragment. its hard to move on but i am trying. i know God didnt mean this for bad but its hard to see the good in it right now. maybe i will be blessed with twins or something.i just felt like people didnt really understand especially when my cousin said to me God knows what he is doing the baby may have been a retard. i was so angry with her because she is a christian. i was thinking how can somebody as a christian say that. if my baby would have been special needs i would have loved him just as much as i love my daughter. i know God will bless me but i have to be patient. i have read so many comments that have truely helped my healing process. it may take years but i know one day i will be okay with Gods decision.
yes it is very hard to see the good in it, but I can PROMISE you that there is good coming! God never lets His children down. Although sometimes we may not understand why He does somethings we are just supposed to thank Him thru the good and the bad and go on! I know that must have been hard for you to hear about the baby having special needs. No matter what my child has I will love him/her unconditionally. Again so sorry for your loss. I hope that God will bless you unconditionally!!! I know He has blessed me and my husband since then! Thanks for sharing your story! I have also read alot on here that have helped me thru this process!  
Im Very sorry for all your loss, Im 19 and ive already had an ectopic last july and lost my left tube.. torn to pieces but still had hope.
I found out recently i was 7 weeks pregnant as you can imagine this was the best news i had ever heard as id been told i had only 25% of a normal birth, went for my scan on the 13th to find out the sack was there and the yolk sack was no longer.
They told me it stopped growing at 4 weeks so i carried it for another 3 without knowing as i had no sign of a miscariage.
As hard as it is to go through i hope you can try and believe and trust in fate.. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.( Not always easy to see hey!)
no one would be made to have a miscarriage for an uncalled for reason.
Miscariages can be caused by many things, the embrios splitting when concieved, if something is wrong with the fetus as it grows.. i.e poor health they tend to happen.
I hope you will soon realise it was nothing to do with yourself!
I cant imagine the pain you would have endevoured, but i hope you still find the strength to regain your smile and to try your best to stay strong.
On a positive note, doesnt make anything easier but your already blessed :) some ladies cant concieve at all.. now thats got to be heart breaking for a life time not how many yrs, months etc! May your dream come true!!
I just had a m,c about a month ago me and my boyfriend are trying again because i heard im more fertile after the m,c i just wanted to no if anyone knows if that applies to me as my periods have always been iregulaur iv gone 6 months without having a period in the past, i really want a baby and would love for differnt advice, thanks
Hi, i'm new to this site and i want to share my experience....i just had a dnc done yesterday after being 7 weeks pregnant. I did IVF for the 2nd time and finally worked. On my 7th week sono, there was no heartbeat and the fetus did't grow.  I'm so scared that this will happen agian. Has anyone done IVF and had this happen to them? My doc told me to wait 4-6 weeks.
I have been feeling lost after having my first mc. I thought i was 16 weeks along, but I hadn't been showing too much. I had incredible morning sickness, my breasts were sore and still growing. I developed a skin rash called pytariasis rosea when working at a cash register. The skin rash lasts between 3 weeks and 6 months. It is painful and very itchy. It covered my whole abdomen and face. When you are pregnant between 3-15 weeks and develope this rash you have a 60 % chance of mc. like i said i thought I was 16 weeks, went in for my 1st appoint. and the doctor said i was only 8 wks 4 dys. She couldn't find a heartbeat. Me and my husband had been trying but only for three months. The loss of any baby is devestating but more so I feel to those who are planning and want a baby. I went in for a second opinion and the did my HCG levels, they insured me everything was fine and the baby was still alive because I was at 126,000. I was so happy after thinking I had lost it. I got a side cramp in my right side that lasted for 45 minutes, so I drove to the hsptl. The informed me my baby hadn't developed from 8 wks. 4 dys. So I carried a non viable fetus for almost 6 weeks. Its very hard to go through this but they recommended a d/c. I went in the next day and had the procedure done. I spotted for 10 hours and nothing since. We were told to wait 3 months but we started intercourse 4 days into it. It has now been 2 weeks and I feel nausea coming back on....I dont know if I am pregnant yet I hope so, but I hope everything is ok first. To everyone who has gone through this I am sooo sorry. It is painful to lose something so wonderful....everything happens for a reason and there is always a nother time. Thatnk you for listening!!!
its great to find a place where we all can help each other because sometimes other ppl dont understand that it is a hard situation to go thru no matter how old the unborn child was ... thanks to all that share their stories

I had a D&C on 5/25 i had barely found out i was preggo on 4/21 me and my bf's 3yr anniversary... we were so excited. I went to the dr and found out i was 6 weeks pregnant but I didnt have any nausea or morning sickness or any other signs of pregnancy. about a week after i got really sick i couldnt even keep water in my system. i stayed home one day from work due to how i felt and i started spotting pinkish brown and i called the nurse which said it was normal due to the uterus trying to grow. so i ignored it after a week or so i was a work having a pretty good day and i felt my period come down.. i ran to the restroom to check and it was a spot of bright red blood so i called the nurse once again which once again said it was normal i said no i wanted to see the dr. the next day the dr sent me to a us and as soon as the us dr put the image on the screen i could tell my baby had no heartbeat .. he stated my baby had passed away at 6weeks and i was alerady supposed to be 9weeks and a couple days . dr said it was a missed mc. me and my bf are still devestated i'm not scared to try again but im worried that there might be a higher risk or it happening again. its been a month since the d&c and my period still hasnt came to visit. me and my bf started to have unprotected sex last week letting nature do its work...how soon should we wait dr said 3-6 months but idk i dont want to go on bc anymore i'm scared of the defects that it can have and i'm scared thats the reason why my baby wasnt ok..someone please help
i just had a d&c on 6/16/10. it was very hard for me because i was really looking forward 2 having this baby. i started trying again right after n now i think i am pregnant again i have 2 go bk 2 the dr. 2 c, but i have taken home tests n they have all come out post. so could i b pregnant again r not.
Red Rose you are a total B****!!!
This website is meant to support women that are struggling and need support for future possible pregnancies. This is not a learning tool for your ignorant face. (I don't normally curse, but how dare you!!). I hope people like you are a disgrace and hope you go to hell for that. I'm sorry that hearing about a D&C grossed you out before, but now that you have learned about it I really hope you GO THROUGH ONE!! So these ladies didn't waste their time giving you an Anatomy lesson...

To all you other ladies out there, hang in there! Your body is a genius, it will allow a pregnancy when it's ready to maintain it. Just be happy, smile more, eat healthy and the baby will come...

God Bless!
Red Rose you are a total B****!!!

God Bless!
HAD A MISSED MISCARRIGE LAST MONTH , TODAY IS EXACTLY 1 MONTH AFTER MY D AND C .WE FOUND OUT OUR BABY DIED AT 12 WEEKS WHEN WE WENT TO GET OUR 16 WEEK ULTRASOUND. I WAS IN SHOCK I WALKED SRAIGHT OUT OF THE DOCOTOR'S OFFICE AND SAT ON THE SIDEWALK AND CRIED AND CRIED. HAD MY D AND C THE DAY AFTER .
READING ABOUT ALL YOUR EXPERIENCES HAS COMFORTED ME ALOT KNOWING IM NOT ALONE OUT THERE.
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING , MY HUSBAND DOENT UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL BUT HE'S BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE. NEVERTHELESS.
HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US SOON AGAIN .BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!
Your comments have given me so much hope, I just had a d/c this morning & i am bleeding so bad without any cramping. I woke up yesterday morning to go to work & when I went to the bathroom there was a lot of blood but no pain. So i called my Dr & he told me to come down. I was so excited cuz i didnt think anything was wrong & when i got my sono & was told there was no heartbeat & it only measured 8 weeks. Which means i carried my baby for 6 weeks dead & had a dr appt while it was dead & the dr didnt even notice. Craziest day of my life. But me & my fiance are gonna try again after the ok to so i hope everything will be ok in the future :-)
I can't believe you think it is ok to talk about this issue "in the name of learning" and say other people need to lighten up! There is a vast amount of info about D&C, or any other topic, on the internet...yet you choose a forum where women are looking for comfort and answers as it relates to their specific situation, losing a baby...and you want US to lighten up.
I think you are being rude and totally insensitive, not to mention ignorant of social acceptability. What kind of person would ask a woman who HAD to undergo this procedure "is it really as bad as...." and describe things the way you did? You have no business on this board.
As someone who just had to have a D&C myself 3 days ago I think I have the right to come to a support community and not have to read your kind of messages.
WHY are you here?
Hi everyone,
I am 29 years old and my husband and I were so excited that I got pregnany back in July.  We tried for one month and I got pregnant right away!  Everything was fine until we went in for our first doctor's appointment and found out the baby stopped developing at 4 weeks.  So I had to have a D&C on August 16th.  For those of you who have to have one, don't worry, it's not too bad.  Just a little cramping, but nothing worse than your regular cycle would be.  Our doctor says we have to wait 3 months to try again, so I am just kicking back waiting for December 1!  This has been such a huge disappointment and scare, and shook us to the core, but I am so hopeful and found such peace in my faith in God.  May you all see the silver lining in the cloud, take the good with the bad, and have healthy beautiful children!  There are so many women out there going through the same thing.  I wish you all the best and keep you all in my prayers.
Despite all our individual situation we are all mothers(moms). when your body and heart connect with that special little child inside of you at that moment your a mom. It has been really hard for me to deal with my lost but i did manage to stop questioning Gods work. i truely understand how difficult something like this can be. I just found out i am pregnant again after 4 months of trying. it doesnt seem like a long time but it can be taxing on you mind and spirit when you want something so bad. stay faithful and i will be hoping the best for you all.

p.s.

i couldnt even go back and read my original post because it still hurt so much. another baby will not replace your lost but time will heal your wounds. i love Carter Warren Pleasant 4/03/2010 i know he is watching over mommy
yrm
Hi. It's been a week since I had a D&C. My baby stopped growing at 8 weeks and 2 days but I didn't have any miscarriage symptoms at all. So I went on carrying my dead baby for 2 more weeks when I finally found out there was no heartbeat. What is more tragic in my case is my baby's father is who killed him/her. He is a doctor and gave me some "vitamins" (he said they were iron pills) and since he was my partner and baby's father, and since he is a doctor, I trusted him and took them. They ended up being abortion pills. He did this by lying to me and especially after I had told him that I wanted my baby and abortion was out of the question. In fact, I do not believe in abortions.
It has been the biggest mistake of my life. It cost me my son/daughter's life and you have no idea how much I am suffering right now. Not only for my baby's loss, but also because I was so stupid and let him do this to me. I feel as guilty as he is and I don't know what to do to feel better. I am miserable and feel so lonely. Thanks for reading my story...God bless you all!
I had a D & C on the 15th of October 2010 and I must admit, I am stunned by this.  I have been TTC for about 1 1/2 and was excited about my lil bean.  I was supposed to be 9 weeks along and my baby had a faint heart beat at 5 weeks 4 days.  I tried to remain optimistic as I awaited my next appointment set a week later only to learn that the heart has stopped beating and I had to go for a D & C.  Like most of you, I never though something like this could happen to me since I had a healthy pregnancy previously. I did everything right so I don't know why this had to happen, I want another child badly but I am afraid of having something like this happen again.  

I was told to try again after my first cycle and I am afraid.  This threat helped, I feel at ease hearing ladies who had healthy babies after a miscarriage.  This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me.
I went in for a checkup at week 7, seen a heartbeat, everything looked fine. Went in for my 10.5 week check and no more heartbeat. According to the size of the fetus, the doctor said it stopped growing at week 8. I carried it inside me for 3.5 weeks dead. To make matters worse the doctor couldn't give me a D n C for another week because they had such a busy schedule. That really sucked..Me and husband still are very sad about the whole thing, even though it's been 2.5 months since the D n C. This would of been child #2 for me. I'm 38, so I don't have much longer to keep trying before the risks are too high. (genetic defects, etc) I've had one normal cycle already. I'm waiting one more before we try one more time. I've heard your the most fertile the first three months after D n C. But the doctors tell you to wait at least 2 or 3 cycles before you try agian to let your hormones level out and your uterus walls heal. So December 2010, is the big plan of trying agian, one more time. Wish us luck everyone. It would be such a nice xmas present for us. I sympathize with anyone who has gone thru what we have especially the people who have had multiple miscarriages. I can't even imagine the pain and heartache. Or carrying full term and then having the child still born. Or even worse, having a child born and it living for a few hours and then dieing. I've had a friend where that happened too. God bless everyone out there. And I hope we all get to at least have one healthy baby each. :) Have faith, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Everything happens for a reason. oxoxoxoxoxoxox
I am so sorry for your loss.  I cannot believe that your child's father did that.  Plus....he is a doctor!!!  He should lose his license.  You need to turn him in.  I hope it's not too hard to prove what he has done.  A blood test should be able to tell what was in your system.  I will pray for you and wish that you will be blessed with the baby that you so want someday.  
yrm
I am working with the police on this. I did press charges against him and I pray every moment I can and ask God to give the police the knowledge and ability to prove what he did to my baby, who, by the way, was a boy. He's my little angel and I know he is watching over mommy. :-) Thank you for your prayers! They are much needed and eternally appreciated.
My deepest sympathy for your loss. 12/22/2010 I spotted a light pink discharge.I was initially diagnosed with low pregesterone @ 6wks US & prescribed prometrium. On 12/25 I had a med flow of dark red one day. No pain, discomfort or cramps. Unfortunately when I went for my 8w5d US 12/29, Both of my babies lost their heartbeats. US showed one stopped on or right before Christmas and the other a day or two before my visit. Im 35 & my husband and I have a 6yr old who was with us at the US. Devastated and confused I opted for the D & C because I couldnt bear the nasea coupled with knowing both babies were deceased. I had my D & C today 1/4/2011. Very little bleeding & medium cramping right now. dont know how soon my husband & I will try again, but I am hopeful & have come to terms;  accepting without quest. & praying for twins the next time. Thamks for ur encouraging words n best wishes in ur next pregnancy!!!!
I am so sorry for your loss. This must have been so difficult for you to go through. Your story of your life at that moment seemed like a nightmare. I, too experienced a loss. I was 12 weeks, but my baby's heart stopped beating at 9 weeks. I had a d and c also and a week later I had a deadly form of strep throat. My body has been through so much trauma, i think I am going to wait until mid february to ttc again.. God bless you and I hope that even though I know you think often of your baby boy, just know that it is okay to mourn for as long as you need to .. just dont forget the other blessings that life brings...take care...
I just want to say that everyones comments... have made me feel so much better! I Found out I was Pregnant on Nov. 6, 2010, me and my husband were so excited because it was our first! We went to our first ultrasound and the baby was 6 weeks 7 days! It was so little but it was healthy! The next little bit i started spotting, and they got me in to check everything out! They said i had blood outside of the sac and that this was normal.  We ended up going to our next appointment and the baby was 10 weeks along. The doctor was concerned about our little ones head, he said it didnt look right and we had to see a specialist.  We made an appointment on Jan 3, 2011.  Come to find out our babies skull was not developing.  Our doctor was so rude! All she said was this is bad, you need to either terminate the pregnancy, or try to carry it and let it die cause it had no chance of living.  She didnt tell us what it was or what causes it! We were devastated! We wanted a second opinion from a different doctor, and come to find out it was Acrania ( a neural tube defect) and what she told us was correct.  We could see that above the eyes there was no skull, just brain, and the spine also began to form wrong.  They told us the risk to me, and me and my husband prayed and new that physically and emotionally it would be the best choice to end it.  This was the hardest thing i had to go through.  My baby seemed healthy, there was a heartbeat and everything... It just didnt seem right.  I have always said i would never end a pregnancy, but this was what had to be done.  This was not an abortion!!! I just want to be clear on that.. it hurts me to think that people would think that thats what it was.  I had a d&c on Jan. 14th, a little over a week ago, and the pain grows every more each day.  My doctor has me on folic acid, so it will hopefully prevent this again.  We are scared to try again, i dont think i can go through this again.  I love my baby and miss it every day.  The doctor said to wait after my first period and it just seems so soon.  I hope I can have a perfectly healthy baby when the time is right! Thank you everyone for everything you have said and the words of encouragement.  I wish everyone luck :)
hi i just had a d and c but not because of a miscarriage . me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months and i went to a gyn and she just said i needed a d and c and she also needed to take out a cyst on my right ovary . my d and c was on jan 13 2010 and she didnt give me a specific wait date so we have already tried twice Im sorry to those of you who had to lose a baby . i m just wondering if we should stop trying and wait for my cycles i have also noticed no one else has had a d and c for anyother reason other than miscarriage . thanks
I actually just had a d&c without a miscarriage as well. I went into the hospital with severe abdominal pain, thinking it was my appendix. When they did the CT scan, they discovered that my uterus was full of blood clots. They did the d&c a week ago today, and I've been bleeding excessively since then. They've put me on two different meds to try to stop the bleeding, but so far, no luck. I'm just worried that because of all of this and a lot of other problems that I've have had, my husband and I will really struggle to get pregnant in the future. I go back to the doctor on Monday, so we'll probably ask about it then. It's good to know that, for most of you, it hasn't difficult to get pregnant after a d &c...
i recently had a d&c because they couldnt find a heartbeat at 8 weeks 5 days, my doctors told me to try and wait until the first cycle but that it was harmful if i didnt.(from where this was my first pregnancy) she also told me that i should try again when I felt comfortable and when i was emotionally ready. i think that is the best time to try when you think your ready and when the time is right you will recieve that amazing blessing. dont give up(:
I had a d&c yesterday i was 12 weeks pregnant when I found out that my baby had stopped developing at 9 weeks and it no longer had a heart beat, as of yesterday I was technically 13 weeks pregnant. My husband and I want to try again but when is a good time to try? I have read to try again after 1 month but I have also read to wait 3 months? Any suggestions?
i was told to wait until i was emotionally ready.. but they say your most fertile right after i would just wait until you feel comfortable. i waited 4 weeks,
I really appreciate you posting your story. I too had a miscarriage at 7 weeks and a D&C at 9 weeks. It has been two weeks today since my D&C and we really do not want to wait since I was only 7 weeks. (We have a healthy 4 year old daughter so I know we can have healthy children) We just want to have another baby before ours gets any older. I have done lots of research and they have no REAL evidence of why you can't just get pregnant right away. Your story truly helped me because I am in the exact same position you were in. Thank you! And congrats on your beautiful little girl!
To may1 quick question what was your healing process like after your d&c. Mine was very minimal with two days of bleeding aNd then brownish lite spotting after that for a week... we are thinking about starting now since I'm not bleeding two weeks later.
I had a missed m/c at 10.5 weeks (fetus measured 9 weeks) in late Aug. 2010. Went ahead with a D&C with no problems other than some painful clots that passed 3 days after. We TTC again in Dec. using the method described in the Couple to Couple League and got pregnant right away! I am 18 weeks, feeling the baby and have had no problems to date!

I just wanted to post because I was one of the women who spent time reading about other's loss to help deal with my own. Pregnancy after a miscarriage is possible, with God's blessings (and the Dr.'s ok).
I'm 41.  A week ago, I went in for my 10 wk US and found out there was no heartbeat.  This was devastating... since at 8 wks we heard the heartbeat and were told our chances of mc now dropped to 5%.  Needless to say... we told everyone of our good news.  I will never forget the image of the baby just floating... looking completely normal on the US... but no little pumping action in the chest area.  I was devastated and in shock.  I had a D&C the next day and found myself crying as I awoke from anesthesia.  Today is a week since I saw there was no heartbeat and I'm having a sad day.  Since I'm 41, I'm worried about my time running out due to poor egg quality.  Has anyone had a mc in their late 30's-early 40's and then gotten pregnant again right after D&C?  I really could use some encouraging stories.  
You know...  when I was pregnant, every single night I would pray to God for a healthy, normal baby.  I wonder if God answered my prayers.  Maybe this child was not going to be healthy/normal and so God gave me what I asked for.  I don't know...  it's just hard to understand why these things happen.
Thank you to everyone who has shared such a personal part of their lives.