Getting pregnant after D
I just had a D&C yest.  I hear different dates as to how long to wait to  try again.  Anyone have any advice?  I also heard you are more fertile immediately after a D&C.  Is this true?  Anyone who has been through this I appreciate the feedback.
I was very excited to find out that I was having another child and we had spread the new even to our 6 year old boy.  I had been going through alot of stress from work and the doc put me off work a week to reduce my stress level.  One week later I had spotted some after sex.  I thought that was completely normal.  I had went to the ER (monday 6/13/2011), and they did bloodwork, a pelvic exam and an u/s.  They came in my room (with a smile) and told me that the sac looked normal, the cervix was closed and to follow/up with my OB on thursday or friday becaus they had spoke to him and he was out of town for 2 days.  I called his office and got an appointment for that friday (6/17/2011).  When I went in, he came in the room and started discussing my options for miscarraige.   I asked him what he was talking about.  He said the hospital didn't tell you, i told them to?  He did another u/s to confirm what the hospital had gotten.  My baby did not have a heartbeat and had stopped growing at 6 weeks and 5 days which was when I had experienced the major stress form work.  At 9 weeks, I had a D & C (6/20/2011).  I am heartbroken.  I wanted this so bad.  Everytime I am alone, I breakdown.  I should be 10 weeks pregnant but now I am not pregnant at all.  I can't go back to work because I blame them.  I feel that everything in my life is falling apart.  I want try again but my husband does not.  I feel that life is not fair and I am not sure how I will ever get over this.  I do wish you all the best!
Hi everyone im sorry to hear about your losses.I lost my baby at three months. on the 14th of july 2011 i went for my 12 week scan the baby was moving and kicking its arms and legs i was excited it made my heart flutter and i was so proud i was 3 or 4 days off being 12 weeks an they wanted to measure the back of the neck to see if the baby had down syndrome but they wanted to wait untill i was 12 weeks so i had to go for another scan a week later, the monday after my scan i went to the doctors and he checked the babys heartbeat he said its fine its beating really good 3 days later i went back for my scan and they looked at the baby and told me its heart had stopped beating. I had no pain, no bleeding or anything and they told me i could have a D&C or have a natural misscarrige but as i hadnt started bleeding it could have been in there weeks before i had a natural misscarrige, and i was too far gone for the tablets so i chose to have a D&C. I had the D&C 6 days ago so the 22nd of july 2011.

I am seventeen an now ive been pregnant i really want another the doctors told me that to help me get pregnant i can take the 'folic acid' the doctors prescribe when you declare your pregnant however im scared of getting pregnant an going through all the heartache again also they said i could conceive again after my first period as the egg from your last period has already been fertalised it needs a fresh egg but i dont know how long i have to wait untill i can start trying as im worried if i have sexual intercourse too soon after having the D&C that it could mess my insides up does anybody know anything about this.
Thankyou x

This baby has broke my heart but i know it will be in heaven and wait untill we can meet again <3 xx
Can i just say aswell some people dont know what happens to the baby after the D&C i asked the doctors many questions when you have a D&C they take the tissue for testing an here in the UK they place the baby in its own container and they give you the option to bring it home an have your own funeral service or the hospital keep it they take it to the hospital chappal were the baby is then blessed and then cremated so for the lady who said they seem to be thrown anway like rubbish, dont worry or think that becaus there not xx
I had a miscarriage on 02/14/10. My husband and I went for our first U/S and that is when they found that the baby was not growing. I did blood work and it confirmed that I did M/C. I was told to wait one cycle then we could begin trying to get pregnant again. That was a year and a half ago. Since then we have tried Clomid multiple cycles, IUI, ovulation kits and cannot get pregnant. I was thinking that maybe I needed a D&C due to the M/C. Does anyone know anything about this enough to know if it would be effective 1 1/2 years after the M/C?
Hi all, I m/c some time in the past month though I had no idea until I suddenly began bleeding in early August 2011 at 16w5d. I immediately left work and went to ER and had an ultrasound which revealed that my baby (who had a heartbeat at 12 weeks) did not have a heartbeat and appeared smaller.  He/She measured the size of a 9 week old fetus.  Though after they do pass in the womb, the baby does shrink, clearly something was wrong with my little one.  My body simply didn't recognize that it was time to say goodbye and tried to hold on to him or her as much as she could.

I wasn't given the option to keep the baby in a jar or anything as others were given in this post, I was told quite frankly that it would be removed (they gave me the details of how this was to happen as I seemed "calm", but I won't state them here in case they are upsetting to some) and that was that.  For anyone worried about a d&c, I was put under completely and did not feel a thing.  It also is NOT AN ABORTION, nor is the fetus carelessly tossed into a bin.  Though I was cramping ever so slightly (we're talking very light period cramps here) and had some brown spotting for the next 3-4 days, it was not too bad.  Hormone-wise, I've been far worse off.  Random crying about ridiculous things, just like I was when I initially became pregnant.  But day by day it gets easier, the hormones level out so you're less emotional, and there's always support.  If anything, you certainly have mine.  :)  Stay strong!

ps: I was advised to wait one menstrual cycle prior to trying again.  I'm 28 and otherwise healthy (I've had one prior pregnancy which went full term, he's almost 3) so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the timeline that they gave me.
Hello May1 I just wanna thank you for your post I know it's been a few years since you posted it but it really blessed my heart of your testimony. my husband and I after 11 years of marriage and 16 years total of being together finally was blessed to find out we were pregnant on June 1, 2011 and I think I may have been around 4-5 weeks pregnant however I began having bad cramping in which i was told that it was normal because of the implantation of the embryo. I went through that pain for a few weeks and had to go to the hospital because I began to bleed which was the first and only time that happened(the bleeding) the doctor in the emergency room did see the sac and everything baby was there as well but he said I may have been earlier than what expected because no heartbeat was found so after that  I still had pain but no more bleeding and finally the pains stopped in the last couple of weeks in June and I thought everything with the pregnancy may have been smoothing out ..my first OB appt. was July 18th and it was ten I found out through ultrasound the baby had no heartbeat and at the time I was about turning 13weeks  and I actually found out the fetus was only 6weeks so whatever happened stopped at 6weeks(which is called a missed miscarriage or missed abortion)..so I was actually walking around I didnt know I had a dead fetus in me which really hurt me even more because I was soooooo happy me and my husband both and I was talking to my baby and rubbing my stomach reading to it and everything and to find this out I would cry and cry so we wanted another u/s done and again it showed the same results so I had a D&C on July 27th because the baby didn't expel on it's own and now it's been 6weeks since I've had the D&C and i haven't seen my cycle yet...I bleed for a while after the D&C that I almost thought it was a cycle....the doctor told us to wait 2 cycles before trying again but as you know we were super anxious to try again....like I said I still haven't seen my cycle and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing because I haven't seen a/f so fingers are crossed and I hope either a/f will show up so we can atleast be relieved with a cycle coming since the doctor advised us to wait or no cycle which could mean we're pregnant....I'm just keeping the faith trusting and believing God will do what he said he will do.
Thanks Again,
~Nee~ Waiting in Expectancy
I recently found out that I was pregnant for the third time. (The first produced my son, 20 months and the second I was told it was tubal so I had an abortion.) This time my husband and I had planned on getting pregnant since he leaves in November for basic. At my first ultrasound, the sac was there and we saw little movements. What the health department told me was that I was 10.5 weeks. However, the US measured me at 6.5. I was okay with that, I had another baby. I immediately dropped much of my unnecessary diet and ate better and took pristine care of myself. I was on a roll and my next US was three weeks on Oct. 13th. My husband and I decided to bring his youngest sister with us to see the baby. I was supposed to be 9.5 weeks. As the tech tried to find my baby, all she could see was a perfect sac, little flicks moving across the screen. And that's when the mood changed in the room. My husband tried, but he could not point out anything and I knew there was nothing there, but the tech told us to try the hospital, where they could do a transvaginal US. Later that night, the floor dr tells me and my sister in law that my baby suffered from fetal demise and just died in my womb. I told my sister in law to head out to watch my son so that I could tell him what had happened. When he walked into the room I lost all my composure and cried "the baby's dead." When the actual OB/GYN walked in, he told us that blighted ovum was the cause. Apparently, as my embryo was developing, something in its genes did not match up and it just stopped. My hormone levels were at 17, 477 and even a week after that, they were only 10,000. With my husband leaving in three weeks, I couldn't take the chance that I would have college, my 20 month old son, and a miscarriage if my body ever got to it, so I opted for a D&C so that it would clean me out and leave me with a minimal chance of infection. My Dr was extremely rude to me and my grandmother in law, and told me information that even my OB/GYN did not agree with. No sex for 4 weeks and don't try for another baby for three months. I think she was ticked off because I refused birth control and didn't want it to interfere with my healing and my chances of getting pregnant. I got my D&C done a day and a half ago and I must say that I won't be trying for another baby until my husband comes home for Christmas Exodus, and then it won't be trying, we'll be having fun. This is the second baby that I have lost in one sense or the other, and although I am extremely sad, I'm just handling it in a different way. I was surprised to find out that my husband was WAY more worried than I thought. He sure does hide it well. I know my time for another child will come soon. In 2.5 years, I have been pregnant 3 times and I am only 21, I have time and health. I do feel for every woman that has lost a child. I understand how you feel, I truly do, and I apologize. Here I am healing from my D&C, in recovery with my husband leaving me soon and a 20 month old son. Life happens and I know it is sad, i was 14.5 weeks with my abortion and I would be 12 weeks tomorrow. Just pull through. The more you are scared and hesitant the harder it will be to conceive again. Babies are not necessarily meant to be planned. Enjoy your spouse and yourself and it will happen. How do I know this? Because it has already happened to me with my amazingly smart son Hunter.
I had a D&C April 2010 my Dr. told me to wait at least 1 year before trying to conceive. We were aloud to have sex but we absolutely had to use protection. Now being 1 1/2 years past this I'm still having problems conceiving I am always about 6-10 days late and then I start my Dr. tells me I am as fertile as can be but yet still nothing. Does anyone know why this may be??
hi! i had my 5th d&c last nov. 15, 2011. i was 8th weeks pregnant but the heartbeat stops at 6 weeks and 4 days.  i was shocked! i couldn't believed that it will happened again.  back in 1997 after i gave birth to my first son 9 days after i had D&c because i was bleeding. then, after 5 years i got pregnant again for 2 consecutive years. and have miscarriages and d&c with that pregnancies. then, on 2007 i got pregnant but it's a blighted ovum. so i had d&c again. now, 6 days after my d&c  i still couldn't believed for what happened and why. I really want to have another child but i'm already 42. i don't know if i can still have. and besides i'm thinking if my uterus is still good to get pregnant after 5 d&c.  and how long should i wait.
I found out I was pregnant on oct 14th and then went to the doctor when I had my first ultrasound they said that it looked like a 6week pregnancy but I should of been at 8 weeks. I went back 10to days later and they told me there was no baby and I would miscarry. 2 days laterr it started on a Sunday by friday they told me I needed a D&C. It has been a week tomorrow I had bad bleeding at first then spotting. Now I feel like im having my period and I am bleeding very heavy. Can it be my period after only a week? And if so I want to start trying to get pregnant right away. Does anyone have any advice?
Im 24 years old and I found out I was pregnant 9/12/11. On the 30th, I was told I was 7 weeks along and that everything looked healthy. I started going to a doctor in near me because the drive to my other doctor took a good hour and twenty minutes. Little can I say that that was my first mistake. I am a vet tech and I did my best to stay far away from anything that could hurt the baby and I was so careful about what I ate and everything because I have always wanted to be a mom. I had my blood tests ran and checked for everything, but I never recieved a call from the doctors telling me what the results were so I called and their excuse was that they had just recieved the results.. 2 weeks later. So at my 9 week eval to see the baby everything looked great.. For the whole 3 minutes I was in there. The ultrasound tech didn't say a word once while she was measuring and doing her thing. She printed off the pictures and said, "Looks good". I then proceeded to get really emotional, because I had gone to my sisters and they spent more time looking and explaining everything to her (She went to my old dr.) So more tests were run and I never got the call back and when I called they told me that they didn't have them yet. It was two weeks later that I started noticing dark brown blood. I called and they said that it was normal and to drink more fluids. The following saturday I started cramping horribly and called the on-call dr and he said it was normal as well.. I knew something wasn't right though, so I went into the er and when they did the ultrasound the poor tech was trying so hard to find that little heart beat. But at last, it measured out to still only be 9 weeks and no heart beat. I have never been more crushed in my whole life. I have polycystic ovaries and was told when i went in the first time to these idiots that I probably wouldn't get pregnant.. So when I did it was a miracle in my mind. The doctors gave me Misoprostol and said it would take 12 hours to miscarry the "material". I was really offended because regardless of if my baby was dead, IT WAS STILL MY BABY!! So 5 hours go by and I am in so much pain. We called the doctors and left a message and still to this day haven't heard back from him. I got in a hot bath and that helped. I called my other doctor the next day to ask questions because I didn't see a whole lot of tissue come out after the baby so I was worried and the idiots down here said to wait two weeks. My amazing doctor told me to come in asap and I went in the next day to find that I needed a d&c because there was still a lot of tissue in me and he didn't want me to get an infection. So on 11/4/11 I had my surgery. My doctor (not his nurses) called me 2 days later to tell me the results from the biopsy's they sent off and to just see how i was doing.. Everything was normal. Along with finding that out, the other clinic called me to "tell me the results from my blood work and that my progesterone levels had dropped low and they recommend progesterone suppliments to help the baby.." I lost it.. Is there not a pop up on the computer or a sticker in the chart that would say, "Patient lost baby"???!!! Way to throw salt in my wounds JERKS!! It's been about four weeks since the d&c and I honestly feel pregnant again. I am having strange cravings, exhausted by 2pm everyday, moody, morning sick, urinating a LOT, smells get to me again, and more. I have read many stories on here about women getting pregnant after a d&c, but I am too scared to test and get a false positive. I am wondering if its my hormons trying to get back to normal, but I'm hoping for only good health. Has anyone ever gone through something like this and could it be possible for me to be pregnant already? I find comfort in knowing I'm not alone in this horrible time and I wish all of you mothers health and healthy babies!!
I'm going threw the same thing and feel the same way...
I really want to try again now cuz i feel like i want to replace what is missing. but i really am scared of having to hear bad news again and doing a d&c all over again.
I know exactly how you feel. I just wish it would have been different, but things happen for a reason, however heartbreaking it may seem. I wish you the best of luck and I hope for the next pregnancy to be a healthy one :)
I did d/c on d 19th of nov then had an unprotected sex on d 4th of dec but used pills immediately..av done several pregg tests all showing negative.. Pls wen shld I be expecting my period... Am really nervous
My friend was telling me about her problem and I don't know how to help her so thought I would get on here and ask...... She is staying with her boyfriend and there is another girl living there with them... Well everyone knows if 2 girls are in the house together they are going to have their peirods together... Well a week later this other girl who is always there starts hers and my friends body tries to start hers again but don't..... Can you get pregnant if your body does that??????
I found out on the 31 October that i was pregnant.We have a daughter that is 6 years old and we were both excited.Took blood test and we were 2 weeks pregnant. I was overjoyed and we started to tell our families. My mom even told me that she dreamed that it would be a boy and he would look just like me and that his name should be David. On my hubbies birthday the 23 November we went for a scan.I was looking forward to it as it would be a great surprise for his to see his child on his birthday.The doctor told me that he is only see a sac but no fetal pole and that he will send me for blood test.We went for the blood test and it only went up by a 1000.We went to see him again on the Friday and he told me that it should have been in the 10 000 already by know and that he is just preparing me that if he sees nothing on the ultrasound the next Tuesday then their is no hope. i started to bleed that same Friday and was taken to the hospital.The doctor on duty told me that my cervix is still closed and they sent me for a ultrasound the next day.The scan showed exactly the same that their was only a sac but nothing else.My heart just stopped. I was praying and asking GOD that he must show me that he will do a miracle. I even promised GOD that i will call him David and that he will make a way their seems to be no way. We went back to the gyne on the tues and i didn't want to look at the screen and I just kept on praying Lord let your will be done. The doc gave me the sad news that my pregnancy must be ended.It is either that my pregnancy developed to early or it is a blighted ovum.He told me that he will be giving me cycotec that i must take and come back to him the following day.While he was taking i was thinking by myself that this is  not happening.I took the tablets and started having cramps and bled.I was up most of the evening and was passing cloths of blood.The next day went back to the gyne and again nothing had come down.Was given the same tablets to take. I was asking GOD why is this happening to me.Again i went through a horrible evening and the next day still nothing.The gyne gave me the option of either taking the tablets again for the last day or go to D&c.I opted for the tablet. Another evening of bleeding and i couldn't even move. Went back on the 2/12/2011 and the doctor told me that nothing has happened and that he must send me for a d&c. It went okay and I could go home at 3pm.My husband was wonderful but he couldn't experience what I was going through.I felt numb inside. Then another blow.I spoke to my friend the Saturday and then she gives me her news that she is pregnant. i congratulate her but inside of me i am dying allover again.It has been 2 weeks since my d&c it is still heart sore to see other women in the malls being pregnant and Im not and it is also difficult to take to friends and family who knew that we were expecting because all they can say is that they are sorry and perhaps i am wrong but i dont want to hear it. looking forward to falling pregnant again as I want to give my daughter a little brother or sister. Im just praying that GOD will give me the desire of my heart
i was 13 weeks pregnant and had to get a d/c done after my baby had no heart beat and had pregnancy like contractions which i was in agony and so brutal.. i want to be a mommy so bad and had intercourse 2 days after my d/c.. i didnt know i wasnt suppose to have intercourse and am very worried it will mess something up.. i feel okay and dont have a fever. anyone have any comments that would help me.. thank you so very much!
My doctor gave me antibiotics after my d/c...I just had one on dec 17th.
I just had a d/c on December 17Th. I was suppose to be 11 weeks,but the ultrasound showed i was only 6 or 7 weeks. When i went into my appointment on the 16th,i was bleeding pretty bad,but had been spotting all week. The doctor did a ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. We were devastated. He did antibiotic for me before and after the surgery. And Gave me stuff to help with bleeding. i only bled the day of surgery and  spot bled afterwards. He told us that we could start trying in 3 weeks....I have a follow up with him on the 20th...I'm just ready to start trying again,because i want to give our daughter a brother or sister.
My first appointment was december 21. I was very excited and nervous to see my first baby. I got an ultrasound and got to see my little fetus inside me. But no heartbeat... I felt like my world was crashing down on me. Depressed and crying everyday. I had a d&c The very next day and suffered from pain and bleeding for over a week and then it slowed down. I really would love to try again for a baby but I'm terrified that I will miscarry again. How long after the d&c can you get pregnant and what r the chances of me miscarrying again. I don't think I can handle it again. But I'd love to have a baby more than anything in the world. Comments please , thank you.  
Unfortunatly i know how you feel.There is nothing worse then seeing the image of a beautiful baby and then hearing them tell you there is no heartbeat. I had 2 miscarriages in 2011. My first in July and my second in November. When I asked the doctor both times how long to wait to try again he told me after my first period. I also really want to try again but am affraid. I wish I knew the answer for you. I sit and read sites to try and figure out the chances of having another miscarriage and cant find an answer. I wish you good luck for the New Year.
Hi, that was very good information I read. The girl that came off wrong its ok to ask questions just be careful how you say it. The girl that got pregnant two weeks after surgery I would have been scared too. Thats unusual to get pregnant so quick, but congradulations on the healthy birth. I had had a d&c before but I was so sad I got on depo so that I couldn't get pregnant anytime soon after that, but that was over two years ago. I'm here because I had surgery to remove my ovarian cysts and the doctor told us to wait 3 months but we had sex two days after ma surgery an almost every day since then. Is it possible to be pregnant? I had ma period right after we had sex an I dont go back to the doctors for another 3 weeks wat to do?
I had My D&C On December 15th, and We Started Trying Again About a Week After... Its now January 3rd and I Think Im Already Pregnant... Not Sure Though... I Was 14 Weeks When I Lost The Baby... Everyones Stories have Touched My Heart... I Couldnt Wait to Start Trying Again and Even Through All The Pain I Was In I Didnt Care... Any Advice? My Breast Are Starting to Get Sore and 2 Days After D&C I had a Negative Test
I want to let everyone know that I feel for all of you. Miscarrage is hard but with faith I believe we can make it through it.

I found out that I was pregnant in Dec. The 1st. I went to the ER that night due to cramping. They did an US and found nothing but they said it was because I was so early. my hcg levels were right on track and I was around 4 weeks.

Everything felt fine until I started to spot at about two months.On Wednesday I went to the ER and they said that I misscarried. I had a D&C on the following Friday. Me and my husband cant wait to have a baby. We were told to wait two weeks before have sex which is fine. However how long should I wait to try to concive again???? Plz help!!!
i had a mis carriage07/02/2012 and had to some tablets given by my doctor because the misscarriage was not complete, didnt do any d&c, after all that went back to my doctor and took an ultrasound which showed that i am doing ok now. i asked him how soon can i try getting pregnant again and he said i can try right away but i may be ovulating in the middle of march, can anyone shed some light on this thanks
I know I am writing this years after this was posted but what you wrote in your first comment was disgraceful... if you need to learn what a d and c is google it.... to compare this procedure to an abortion is dreadful. Anyone who has gone through this procedure will know it is extreemely sad.... and YES I DO FEEL YOUR COMMENTS WERE INSENSITIVE
hi Jess im sorry for your loss. Ive had a missed miscarriage and had to have a d&c. im 22 years old and have always wanted to be a mummy since i was 15 . I met my husband and we dated for a year and he proposed on our one year anniversary and we got married 8monthes later, he also wanted to be a daddy big time so we decided to try as soon as we were married, 5weeks later i did a positive pregnancy test yay we were so excited.At 7 weeks i woke up to intense period like pain so went to the doctor and got a scan to see if i was having an ectopic pregnancy, but everything was fine we saw a heart beat and a beautiful healthy baby. my husband and i were so relieved!!! but at our 12 week scan there was no heart beat and my baby stopped growing and died at 8 weeks . Just 1 week after we had seen our baby in the scan. The next month was a painful emotional roller coaster ride for us , that was our first baby and our honeymoon baby and it was taken from us. I was scheduled for a d&c 3 days later .The surgery went well and my husband and i took our baby home to our family's place and bought a inside plant a peace Lilly and buried our baby .Now it has been 2 months since and Ive had 2 periods , we have decided to try again but for a long time i didn't want any more baby's because the emotional pain is to much to bear if i miscarried again.all i can do is cling deep to God and have the faith that it will not happen again . my advise to you is don't rush things . Your young and its a big thing loosing a child no matter what stage of pregnancy you are its the bond you had with your unborn child. I wanted to give my baby the right to be grieved for and you should to because it really helps not to block the pain of your loss with another baby until you have grieved properly. wait until your ready and its ok to be scared ,i think every women who has had a miscarriage will always have fear for their next pregnancy and every pregnancy to be normal.
I was just wondering how things turned out for you.  I just had a D&C after going into preterm labor at 20 weeks, 3 days and we said goodbye to our baby boy.  I will be 41 next month and am terrified about the future chances.
I am wondering how things turned out for you.  I just had a D&C after delivering our baby boy at 20 weeks, 3 days.  I will be 41 next month and am worried about future chances at a successful pregnancy.
I know this is a few years since your post but after recently having to go through a d and c, I find your description very offensive.  I think it is important to remember that people come on these sites for support and advice after experiencing a most horrendous event, and flippant descriptions are of no help.  Instead, they can cause more upset
I had a d and c done three weeks ago. I was 11 weeks but the baby was measuring 9 weeks and had no heartbeat. I was devasted because my baby was no longer alive and I carried it around for two weeks without a heartbeat. My doctor told me to wait for two cycles before trying again but I don't think I can. My boyfriend and I haven't been trying but have had intercourse for the past week. I have hopes that it will happen and I will deliver a healthy baby again. To all of the mothers that have went through a loss, I'm sorry and yes it does hurt. The d and c didn't hurt and I was back to normal activites within three days. We need to keep our heads up and have faith that it will happen and have live healthy babies.
I have had this year.. I miscarried at 7 weeks no heart tones, got pregnant again and miscarried a baby @ 16 weeks that would not have surived due to chromosomal issues.. now it is six months later and I got my period again today. I know heaven will bring the child to us when it is time but I am worried that it is taking so long this time when last year I got pregnant twice without even thinking about it.  However, I am going to spend a nice stressfree summer hopefully and work on it from there.. keep in prayer and think of me..
moonbear
hiya evryone i had a d and c on the 28th of feb because i went to my scan an my ikle baby had no heartbeat :( a month later i came on my period as usual it  was quite heavy lasted for 5 days to a week. then 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped i started spotting blood for 3 days? an have had real bad stomach pains, my belly stil hurts and i feel bloated an due on my period in 2 days. does anyone know what this meens? x
wow! this made me tear,i had a d&c 2 weeks ago. hasnt been easy but im walready wanting to get pregnant because in my mind its hard to except i have no baby. but i am scared to try again i dont want to go through that again. it broke my heart. i was 3 month pregnant.. but faith is always somthing we have to have. :)
Reading through some of these comments has soothed my heart in some ways. I was 9 wks pregnant with my second child and had a miscarriage last wk 9/5/12, when i heard the docs words my whole world fell apart as my hubby and i have been trying for years to have another baby, so when i found out i was pregnant we were so excited. However i had some spotting that turned into bleeding and had a miscarriage. I had to do a d&c on 14/5/12 which was not painful at all as i had done some research and knew what my doc had to do but my doc was also very gentle hardly felt anything at all. My bleeding finally stopped this morning with mere brownish spots.... i am already 37yrs so time is of the essence so my hubby and i want to start trying right away. Since my loss i have been doing alot of reading on fertility and fertility aids, i came across this pill called "FERTILADE" and have read alot of the comments which seems pretty good. Has anyone who have had a miscarriage and d&c ever tried this pill and got pregnant....Good luck to all who are still trying and may  GOD continue to bless us all...

"Charo12"
Hi I could really do with some advice I had my coil removed
Bout 6 weeks ago I did not bleed at all after removel and have not since
I had my coil in for its full term of 5 years and never had a period wile it
Was in so i have no clue when my period is due me and my partner have been having regular sex but not every day because iv not come on yet I have done a test but came out negative is this normal for me not to have come on yet or is it pos I could be pregnant I'm really not sure x
Hi Natty711 and everyone,

I completely understand what you are going through as I had a missed miscarriage and had a D&C the day after we found out which was 2 weeks ago (May 19th). The tears still fall some days, some more than others.
Like you I am scared about the next time my husband and I get pregnant (and even more about if we can or not), because the experience of losing your baby is absolutely awful. Plus it took us 2 years to get pregnant in the first place (I didn't have a regular cycle so had to go on Clomid (hormones) in order to regulate it and on the 3rd cycle of Clomid we got pregnant). But after our loss, my head is filled with so many different thoughts from 'can we even get pregnant again? "will I have regular cycles or have to go back on hormones?", "how long will this all take."  etc. I really want a baby, but know I have to try to keep the stress levels down (stress is SO hard on your body).

In any case, here's some info I have received on trying to get pregnant again after a D&C that I will be doing as my husband and I are wanting to try again asap and to share with you all and hope it may help:
-  we were told we can try after my 1st period. (which again, have no idea how long we will have to wait for that).
- if you drink red raspberry leaf tea, it will help rebuild your uterus lining for preparation for baby (the D&C procedure scrapes and thins it out)
- if you had a lot of bleeding from your miscarriage, buy Floradex to get your iron up as well as rebuild blood cells
- eat a healthy diet as best you can (try to avoid preservatives, etc) and exercise to keep your body healthy, plus it reduces stress levels (I just rejoined a hot yoga class that I did before I got pregnant and try to go for trail walks with my dog 3 times a week now that my body has recovered from the D&C).

Hope this helps. I know I am willing to try anything at this point as I believe getting pregnant again will be the only way I can truly get over this devastating loss.
Sorry, but there is no "lightening" up. I understand you want answers, so google it. Don't go to a forum where REAL, ACTUAL women have gone through the most heart breaking procedures. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks, of course my husband and I were devastated. But like my Dr said, wait 6 weeks to start your period to try again. We waited 6 weeks, still no period, so we decided to try again without a period. We were successful, I carried all the way to almost 3 months only to find out, there was no baby in there. It was just a sac. So, I go in to have a D&C in a few days, the  testing on both my husband and I to see what the problem is. Soooo, please don't post those types of things here. Many of us still don't have that perfect family and when you say stuff like that, it makes us feel just a little like crap.

Think before you talk/type.
I found out i was pregnant on April 13,2012.. we were sooo excited for #3 to be coming with our kids being 5 1/2 and 4 we are ready for more!! I was having pretty normal feelings tired, morning sickness, emotional - crying over the wind blowing .. i went to an air show on May 20, 2012 thinking from the doctors info that we were 10 wks.. i had an anxiety attack while there and was takin via ambulance to the er .. they did an ultrasould to check everything out.. apparently the baby had stopped growing at 7 wks.. knowing that i had been carring my baby for 3 weeks and not knowing anything was wrong killed me and still does.. i decieded to try to go through the miscarrage naturally, i was waiting and nothing.. Finally June 12, 20 2012 i woke up cramping an bleeding really bad, passing golf ball sized clots.. i went straight to the er and decided to have a d&c .. its been 3 weeks tomorrow since my d&c and i havent had anything 'normal' i bleed for a few days and here and there.. my fiance and i had sex on june 23, 2012 and i woke up this morning feeling nasusa and tired.. im hoping and praying we are pregnant again.. but scared at the same time.. because i didnt have my period i am not sure if i am able to even get pregnant?!?
may1 I am very happy for you :)
Earlier this past January I lost twin baby girls at almost 24weeks...
We were trying for a long time and it had happened with the help of an IUI...loosing those babies was the hardest thing ever!!!
Then about 5 weeks ago I found out I was expecting again...it was a natural one & we were so happy and excited...unfortunately 4 weeks & 4 ultrasounds later(actually that was just earlier today) me and my husband were devastated to learn that there isn't any heartbeat or embryo there...on the 8/7 I am going to have a D&C for the first time.
I am hopping and praying for everything to go well...I am trying so hard to stay positive and believe that one day I will get pregnant again and have a healthy baby...
It has been so helpful to read everyones stories and I would like to share my own in hopes of more hope. I am 35 years old and finally got pregnant after 4 years of trying. My husband and I had gone to a fertility Dr for 3 years because he had had Varicocele and his sperm count was low. After his surgery we began AI had 1 unsuccessful month and the next month when we were getting ready for AI 2, we got pregnant naturally. We really felt this baby was heaven sent and were so excited. At my 18 week check up we found out my baby had no heartbeat and had actually stopped growing at 14 weeks 5 days. I had to go through a D&E on July 31st. Delivered our baby girl on August 1st at 12:05 am and had a D&C to remove the placenta since it was larger than our baby girl. Although this was very difficult I realize we can not be selfish. The reality was my baby girl was not developing right. According to my Dr, they did not do a tissue test on the baby but it had to be developmental sinceI had been very healthy and took precautions and was very careful with our pregnancy. My bleeding has been minimal. I have had no pain and my Dr did not prescribe any medications or anibiotics to me. He gave us the thumbs up to try to get pregnant after my first cycle. My fear is that we wont be able to get pregnant since we struggled so much the first time. But, according to my Dr. many men have the condition my husband has had and once the varicose vein is removed from the scrotum the sperm count only gets better. And if we got pregnant once, we can do it again. Has any one had this same issue? Please help as I want to be hopeful.

My only struggles right now and I share it in the event anyone one else has gone or is going through this,  is that my baby brother's wife (baby brother 28 =) ) and I were only 1 week apart and I am struggling with being in the same room with her. I am not angry or jelouse at her, its just that for 18 weeks we shared our symptoms and excitment and now it hurts to not be a part of that. I hurts me to think that I some how soured my brother and his wifes pregancy because the families joy has been cut in half. I call him everyday and am beginning to ask him about his babies again (he is having twins) but it is so difficult. I know it is not his babies or their fault but it is very hard. We would spend so much time together and now It is just hard and it breaks my heart to know that I am hurting them but I don't know what else to do. I just pray that soon I can share in their joy agaiin because there is no doubt in my heart I will LOVE his babies unconditionally once they join us in this world. Ironically, one twin would never let his/her sex be shown. 3 days after we lost our baby girl at his wifes appt they found out they are having a girl. This broke my heart and I don't want to think that their baby girl will be a constant reminder of the baby girl we lost. I pray to God for strength and now that soon I will heal and be the same person I was before. God bless all of you who have gone through this and have offered support. God Bless.
Hi All,

A few months back May, to be exact, I missed my period.  Initially I thought that my ovarian cyst had return on the left side.  Scared, I called my doc and she told me if the period does not show that day, come in to see her the following day. Well, it did not show.  The following morning, I felt pains on both ovaries.  The thought of pregnancy came to mind, but I just brushed it off.

Later that day, I went to see my OBGYN and explained to her again that I did not have my period and think that the cyst was back.  I had no other reason, since I had a ruptured cyst on the left ovary in Feb 2012 and did surgery back in 2010 to remove a dermoid cyst.  A u/s was performed and doc said ovaries were perfect.  Low and behold when she went to the uterus, there was a sac to our surprise. I was excited and was scheduled for various testing such as hcg qualitative/quantitative.  Kept doing this for weeks.

At a later appointment, the doc told me that she cannot see in the sac and that the pregnancy is not surviving.  After more testing again, I was not convinced.  I left from her office very distraught, because she was only negative towards the pregnancy and talked about d and c from day one. In tears, I cal my sister-in-law, who scheduled me to see her doc for a second opinion.  However, when I got there, the doc had an emergency and I spoke to the nurse and she gave me a form of some test for me to do, so that the doc can assess.

While I was there, my reg doc called and said that I am a medical mystery and that my levels were very high and that I can come in the following day.  She stated that she will give me an u/s for free since she wants to see what's going on.  The nurse at the other doc's office told me to go back since it was free and get it done to hear exactly what she has to say. Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following day, I went as a walk-in for the u/s. The doc was as rough as a man slamming bread dough on  table.  At one point I made a sound and she had the nerve to ask if it was uncomfortable. She actually poked me to the point, that I thought that she was trying to make me loose my child. And trust me............  After she was done, she was not sure what to tell me, but she was still sticking to the d and c story.  When I went out to the nurse she told me that the doc told her that she was not sure and that she was going to refer me for a second opinion - she never told me that I told the nurse.  I then told the nurse that I had already gone to another doc and was awaiting results.

When I went back to the other doc (doc#2), who has a 3D machine, guess what?  There were two sacs, one looked shattered and the other was ok.  The doc said the shattered sac was the one the other doc saw and that's why she was saying what she was.  However, after my encounter with her I was ill for an entire weekend and the symptoms went away. This I even explained to the doc who tried to convince me that it was normal.  No it was not!!!

The doc in his findings said that something was not right and that we can give it another week and do more testing.  The levels did not move by much and when another u/s was done, the sac was measuring 5w 6d. My boyfriend was with me because they would have been our first.  I was motionless and it was at that point we had to decide if we were going to wait another week or schedule the d and c.  It was scheduled for the following week, 18th June 2012 which was a Monday at 7:30 am.

After I left the doc's office I was devastated and it was difficult to carry around two sacs which would not come to anything for an entire weekend, it almost killed me.  The day before surgery, I was up and about at my b/f family function.  When I got home I started having cramps the same night.  The day of the surgery I starting spotting slightly.  When I got to the hospital I had to wait a while and when I was prepped for surgery and on iv, I started bleeding heavily.  It was the hardest thing, because it was not like an ordinary period.

After waking from the surgery, I felt like was bwtn two worlds.  The nurse tried waking me out of the sedation, but I went back to sleep.  I was given the different medication. One I was to take right away, their other being anti biotic and pain killers.  I vomitted twice.

I was placed on sick leave for the rest of the week and was given instructions, no sex for two weeks, no heavy lifting  and if heavy bleeding occurs consult a doc. I had no bleeding, only draining from the surgery.  I only wore liners and nothing. Period came on 24th July and that was a mess.  I went through pads like every 1/2 hr.  It got lighter as the days passed

I did my follow up last week with doc#2, who is now my new doc and everything is fine and got the green light to try again after second cycle.

It was not easy for me or my other half since I am now 33, 32 at the time of the loss and my b/f is 37.  I prayed alot, cried a lot and he was here with me while I was recovering.  That to me have helped me to heal mentally and emotionally.  Knowing that the other person is there with you, so that both of you can grieve together is a major comfort.

To all who have been through what I have, I pray that God will bless us all with healthy babies soon.

Keep well all

IM scared I had a d&c on the 13th of Feb me and my boyfriend was gonna take preggy pics on Valentines day but we found out on the 12th that the baby had no h/b and we both cried the Dr. said the baby passed at 6weeks and I was spose to be 9weeks so I had a choice let my body do it's thing and clean myself out or d&c I chose d&c I was already heart broken and I couldn't stand the thought that when my body takes care of it I didn't want to see my baby in my pad or commode I would lose it even worse but getting to the point my Dr. said we couldn't have sex for 6weeks why so long idk but 6weeks I would love to see a person try to keep 2madly in love ppl away for 6weeks but thing is we did 2 weeks after and I lightly spotted on the 4th of this month so I know I might be pregnant again I just want to know is it possible I could havea healthy pregnancy this time oh ABC also I hardly bleed after my D&c I bleed for 2 maybe 3 days and very lightly AF comes every 9th Dr. said Af won't come any time soon and it's never late or early it's always on time so bleeding pinkish and no tissue and if stopped late this morning so I know it might be implantation bleeding  so I just want to know how many of you had gotten pregnant two weeks after a d&c and if you had a successful pregnancy

Thank you
Your comment put me at ease. I had a D&C on Sept 30 2013 I was 2 1/2 months pregnant with my first child. I did wait the two weeks before having intercourse after the D&C as the doctor recommended. The thing is my dr told me wait until my first cycle after the D&C before I try to conceive. And since we did not use protection, I fear that I may be pregnant and too soon after the D&C. I fear that I may have to go through miscarrying again.
I had a d N c done on September 20 2013 and I wanted to  how long does it take for you hcg levels to go.down mine are at 18.5 it's been almost 2months and my pregnancy test came back positive am I pregnant and I been spoting with a couple of clots and it is.now November 15 2013
I had a d and c on November 14th . On 11/13 I went to have an u/s for dating purposes I was 10weeks along but I was told that my baby was measuring 9 wks and half with no heart beat. I cried my eyes off . This was my first pregnancy it was terrible I was sad depressed and miserable because at 7 weeks 6 days I had an u/s and they said everything was okay. So now I really want to try again but the dr said to wait 1 cycle . Before trying again. This is my second week post surgery on thursday which is thanksgiving marks 2 weeks. I have not had intercourse pay dr instructions but am ready to have it on thanksgiving I really want to get pregnant but am scared. How long does it take for the lining to build up ? Am not bleeding anymore or cramping
Hi sorry for your loses I have mc now 4 times and went for a d&c oh and if there's anyone out there that is going for one and is scerd don't be you will be fine so I've had 3 periods now and still can't get pregnant where as before I was getting pregnant 1 after another so I've been back to my doctors and all he keeps saying is keep trying well it hasn't worked so I went and seen another doctors and thay now think it's my auntie body's am now waiting to go to a pregncy clinc witch helps and treats people who can't get pregnant so what I'm trying to say is if your not getting anywhere with your doctor go and see another hope this helps you and hope you all get your lil ones soon xxx
I too have been concerned with how long to wait before trying again. I was 6 weeks when I started lightly spotting. I called the Dr's office twice, just to be told to stop worrying and that everything sounded normal.The doctors office would not see me before 8 weeks. So I went to a low cost clinic the following Monday for a sonogram, to see the sack was only 7mm, with no yolk or fetal pole. They told me it probably was not viable. Tues I had cramping and went to the ER, just to be sent home and watch hcg counts...go down. Thursday back to the ER due to strong bleeding . I had a D&C. Now it is 1 week since any bleeding and we are trying again. I think if I become pregnant I'll wait till the second trimester before telling anyone. Im so afraid husband will be too afraid to try again if we loose another.
Hi May1,

My name is Natalie. I had a miscarriage on the 1 September 2015 and had d & c on 2 September 2015. Almost 2 weeks after my hubby and started to try again as we really want a baby. We have been trying for 7 years now.
I am holding on to your story to help me, we want to be pregnant as soon as possible.

You say it is possible to fall pregnant soon after a d & c - when should I actually do a home test?