Getting pregnant with stage 4 endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I just had a laparoscOpy done yesterday to remove a large ovarian cyst and was told I have stage 4 endometriosis. Of course my first reaction is fear and panic especially because my husband and I were talking about having a second child. I have a son who is now 7 and he was delivered via c-section. The doctor told my husband that having another child would be very difficult especially with another c-section. Right now I'm just in pain because of the procedure and heart broken about the thought that I may not be able to have another child. I know that I am blessed to have my son but it still hurts to have that choice taken away from me in a sense.  I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if there is any hope.
Hi Izabella

I'm TTC my first child at the moment and I have endo. We've been trying for 12 months with no avail as of yet though am currently crossing everything I have as I am on day 10 past ovulation at the moment. I don't know what stage of endo I have as the Doctors have never told me and I was two young and naive to ask. I was 22 at the point of diagnosis now 26. In England they dont believe people under the age of 25 get it nor do they consider it a family trait so despite my mum having a hysterectomy to overcome endo the penny never dropped. However, firstly I wanted to to say that I know how you feel about the choice being taken away. My endo is evidently getting worse so I feel like it's now or never (and even then I don't know for sure it's not going to be never). In England Endo patients are encouraged to TTC as having a baby is the only known cure. My best friend is going through IVF at the moment and a friend of hers as recently found out she is expecting. Two of my close friends / family members have been told they could not possibly conceive, one has a lovely 4 month old little girl (conceived 4 months after coming off the pill) and the other had two boys (one was conceived within 6 months of coming off the pill). The point I am making is there is always hope and Doctors can't always be right. Good Luck :)