Getting pregnant with stage 4 endometriosis
I just had a laparoscOpy done yesterday to remove a large ovarian cyst and was told I have stage 4 endometriosis. Of course my first reaction is fear and panic especially because my husband and I were talking about having a second child. I have a son who is now 7 and he was delivered via c-section. The doctor told my husband that having another child would be very difficult especially with another c-section. Right now I'm just in pain because of the procedure and heart broken about the thought that I may not be able to have another child. I know that I am blessed to have my son but it still hurts to have that choice taken away from me in a sense.  I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if there is any hope.
Hi Izabella

I'm TTC my first child at the moment and I have endo. We've been trying for 12 months with no avail as of yet though am currently crossing everything I have as I am on day 10 past ovulation at the moment. I don't know what stage of endo I have as the Doctors have never told me and I was two young and naive to ask. I was 22 at the point of diagnosis now 26. In England they dont believe people under the age of 25 get it nor do they consider it a family trait so despite my mum having a hysterectomy to overcome endo the penny never dropped. However, firstly I wanted to to say that I know how you feel about the choice being taken away. My endo is evidently getting worse so I feel like it's now or never (and even then I don't know for sure it's not going to be never). In England Endo patients are encouraged to TTC as having a baby is the only known cure. My best friend is going through IVF at the moment and a friend of hers as recently found out she is expecting. Two of my close friends / family members have been told they could not possibly conceive, one has a lovely 4 month old little girl (conceived 4 months after coming off the pill) and the other had two boys (one was conceived within 6 months of coming off the pill). The point I am making is there is always hope and Doctors can't always be right. Good Luck :)