Getting sleep but still exhausted

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Getting sleep but still exhausted

Im posting this on behalf of my girlfriend, She has been complaining of fatigue and being "just exhausted all the time" regardless of whether or not shes gotten a full night of sleep or not. Im concerned because she doesnt want to go to the doctor for it and the "what ifs" are constantly popping up in my mind, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Avatar n tn
It's possible she may have sleep apnea,but the only real way to get it diagnosed is to go to a sleep study center, and if she doesnt want to go to the dr,she probably wont do something that she has to stay over night.
I agree with CvD.  It could very well be sleep apnea, for which you'd go to a sleep center to be diagnosed.  A routine exam at her doctor's would be the first step and then on to the sleep center.  Lots of people go - it's no big deal.

Good luck to you and her!
Avatar n tn
You may want to look into her iron levels to see if she's anemic, I would also inquire about thyroid... Both of these things can cause fatigue.
I come in on the anemia side of the voting (LOL).  It is very easy for women to get anemia and not know it, and it can get so severe that they can't even walk across the room without wanting to sit down.  She should try a time-release iron supplement first.  If it doesn't help after a good trial (two or three weeks) then by all means check into sleep apnea.
we need to find a way to log polls onto these threads :)
Avatar n tn
could she be pregnant?? that will make you want to pass out at a moments notice!!
Avatar n tn
is this something new for her or has it been an ongoing issue? i dont know where you live but here in the northeast, its chilly and now that we've changed the clocks it gets dark so early now. i am very tired and feel tired even after getting plenty of hours of sleep. is she under stress about anything? does she take vitamins? she should look into vitamins specific for energy.
in addition, i dont know how many hours of sleep she gets a night but sometime TOO much sleep can make you sluggish and still tired throughout the day.
hi - it does sounds like she could have sleep apnea, and if it's a possibility she really needs to have it checked out and confirmed.  it can be life threatening.  the person actually stops breathing for a few seconds...every once in awhile there is someone who doesn't start breathing again.  it's serious, so try to get her to see the doc.
Avatar n tn
Thank you all so much!! Ill pass this information on to her and hope she takes it. Thakns again
Avatar n tn
I just went and got tested for the same thing. It could be her thyroid. The only thing they found wrong with me was calcuim and vit. b. In other word it's my kids and dh that drain my energy!!
Avatar n tn
No I dont believe so, in fact shes been complaining of spotting more than usual. After talking with her more I discovered that she has been borderline anemic her whole life so Im hoping a little bit of Iron supplementation will do the trick.
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
28 mins ago
Alica123 added the Blood Pressure Tracker
1 hr ago
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals