Got any cute ideas for telling loved ones you're pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm not pregnant yet (hoping to be), but I'm always thinking about stuff like baby names, and baby room decoration ideas, etc.  My brother and sister-in-law told my parents by taking them out to eat for their anniversary and giving them a "Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa, from new baby!" card which I thought was so cute!  How did everyone tell their loved ones they were pregnant, whether it be your husband or parents or kids, I'd like to know.  Thanks!
Because my husband's mother lived a few states away from us we had to do it over the phone.  We asked if we could bring someone with us to Thanksgiving (because we were all scheduled to go see her during that holiday).  Unfortunately, b/c we hadn't been married very long she thought we meant we were getting a dog.  But it worked out in the end... bringing the grandbaby with us for Thanksgiving.  She was happy.
I'm boring I just come out and say it.  I have heard of ppl telling their DH by making dinner with baby carrots, baby corn ect.  and ask if they see a pattern.  I had a cousin who gave her mom the pregnancy test wrapped up in a box for Christmas.   If there are other children involved ppl have put T-shirts saying I'm the Big Brother/Sister on it.  I hope you get your BFP soon.  Good Luck.
I think of this too.  I think for the parents we are going to buy these picture frames that say "#1 Grandparents" and instead of putting a picture in it, put like a little note or poem with the due date. (That's assuming I ever get a due date- I'm on day 4 of the 2ww.) Anyway, it sounds kind of corny, but it's cute.
I am TTC also and I had thought that Imight buy a carseat and put it inthe car and when we are at my parents and my husbands' parents that I'd tell them there was something int he car i wanted to show them.  (a new feature or whatever) and the carseat would be in there.  My husband had thought that because we hoped to be prego before Canadian thanksgiving (this weekend) that he'd ask if he could say the blessing for the food and then slip in a "thank you for family and our new baby we are expecting to have" but we aren't pregnant yet.  

My sister for he first one told us after gettinghome form Mexico and had taken a test once she got home.  Her and her husband were giving out our gifts and she gave a package to my parents and in it was the positive pregnancy test! Fro her second, she told us on Christmas Eve and she put her son in a tshirt she made that said "I am going to be a BIG brother in September 2005"  It was very cute!  She didn't take off his sweatshirt until half way through the night so we didnt know right away.

Good luck with it when the time omes!  I am sure you will get a lot of ideas and thanks for posting this b/c i might get an idea or two!

Take care.
my parents never thought my sister and i would have a child (only dogs) so when i found out i gave them a card (one of those anne geddes)pictures of a baby laying in petals of flowers. i took one of our photos of our dog and cut out the head and taped it on the baby photo. inside i wrote..just wwhen you thought your only grandchildren were going to have 4 legs..surprise!

i will tell you though that the 1st 3 months i was terrified that i may lose the baby somehow.i always worried about that kind of stuff. i knew those months were critical. i personally would not buy anything at all in case something happened. my sister bought me the cutest baby oufit and i was barely a month. i wanted her to wait to give it to me. that was just me though.
you could put the ultrasound picture in a frame and give it to them as a gift...
We were going t wait a while to tell my mum but I opened my mouth.  Mum was booking a honeymoon for my hubby and I for a wedding pressie and she was going through the features the room had and happened to mention there was a cot available if needed then she started to laugh...I just said I wouldnt laugh if I was you and she got so excited!!!
I bought my parents bibs that said I love my grama and I love my Grampa on them. Took them a sec before they got it.. Then after that my mom knew I was pregnant before I did so no more surprises!
I have heard that you can customize candy bars to make announcements as well. Chocolate and baby news! Doesn't get any than that!
Oh, you all have such wonderful ideas!!!  

Wanting:  I love the idea for putting it in the Thanksgiving prayer.  We always go around the table and say what we're thankful for.  I'm sorry you're not preg. yet, but it will happen!  Here in the states, we have until the end of Nov., so I might steal that from you if you don't mind.  Hopefully I will be preg. by then!

I especially like the picture frame with the ultrasound pic in it!  If I'm not by preg. by Thanksgiving, that would be a good Christmas gift to mom and dad!  Thank you all so much!  Keep em coming if you have them!
Well for Christmas I am making my parents and family small scrapbooks of Alex, so if I get pregnant by then I am going to add a page in the back with a picture of the u/s or with a blank paper in place of a picture that says "Coming Soon" with the edd on it. If I am not pregnant by then I plan on making a video tape for my parents who live in Florida. It will be of Alex playing and such and then thrown in there we will say, Guess what Alex is going to be a big brother. I hope to be pregnant by Christmas though. I am due for my period on Saturday I think. This will just be my third period since having Alex(I am still nursing him so it took awhile to get it back) and last month I ovulated a week late so my period was late. This month I am sure I ovulated on time, so hopefully we timed it right.
Mandi
For my first pregancy I made my Mom and Dad a card that said 220 shopping days left until Baby Cummings arrives!  I had to wait to tell them for like two weeks because they were visiting my sister in Ohio and I wanted to tell them in person.

For this pregnancy I had my 4 year old son call Grandma to tell her he was getting a baby brother or sister and he told her that "Daddy put a baby in Mommy's tummy".  He listens a lot more than we thought :)

Good luck!
My 3rd pregnancy was a big surprise because I had had my tubes tied.  (oops!)  When I found out for sure, I went out and got my husband a dozen yellow roses and a balloon bouque with a big mylar balloon that said "Congratulations You Did It!".  (My son is now 11 yrs old.)
I was going to send one booty to each set of 'grandparents' in the mail and WAIT for the response!!!!!BUT when it did happen i couldn't wait and just called them GRANDMA over the phone!:)
I'm not prego yet nor am I TTC, but I've also thought putting the ultra sound in a picture frame would be a really cute way to tell the family. That's a great idea! But I also agree with Kjsk. I want to wait to buy anything or get too excited until after my first trimester, just in case. You never know, and I know it sounds negative, but I wouldn't want to be more upset than I already would be if I had all sorts of cute things to look at after a miscarriage.
I was 12 weeks preg for christams one year so we decided to tell the parents then. We bought newborn baby diaper shirts and a newborn diaper for each set of grandparents and wrapped them up as presents. Of course we made sure we were there when the gifts were opened and they were thrilled!It was such a great idea, and noone suspected anything other than a christmas gift was in them!
when we got pregnant we wanted to do the ultrasound in photoframe, but were too impatient.  So I bought black frames, wrote "we love grandpa and grandma!" on it with a silver sharpie, and I drew stick figures of my husband and I with a little baby sitting at our feet.
  We wrapped it and gave it to our parents to thank them for all of their help recently.  Mom was holding it, and dad was looking over her shoulder, saw the frame, our heads and the "we love" so he said, "oh, that's sweet." and went to go sit down.  mom continued opening it and saw the little baby and "grandpa and grandma".  I was mobbed with screaming sisters and lots of hugs, while my husband sent his dad over for another look at the frame.  My little stick figure picture and the frame went to a wedding and church that weekend to be shown off, then sat in a prominent place in the living room for a long time.  It was very special.
i just wanted to let you know that the part about the grandfather simply saying.. thats sweet and walking away cracked me up! i could just visualize it so clearly and reminded me something that my dad would do/say. thanks for the giggle.
Just read through this post and heard a few people mention that they wanted to wait until the end of the first trimester to tell their families.  The concern sounded like it was the possibility of miscarriage...  The likelihood of miscarriage is MUCH higher in the first 7-8 weeks then the rest of the first trimester... so if you haven't miscarried by the time your first US tells you you have a uterine pregnancy.... it's probably okay to tell people.  The rate goes from 16-18% miscarriage in the first 7 weeks to 1-2%... a dramatic reduction.

Although, despite the fact that I'm being very logical about this, I'm totally waiting until I'm at 7 weeks and have had my US because I'm superstitious...  not for any other reason!!!

My husband and I are currently trying to have a baby and I have been thinking of a cute way of telling my mother. First of all, my mother and I are extremely close and second she does not live in the same state as us. I think telling her in person wouyld be really great, but I think we are going to send her some flowers with a balloon saying "CONGRATULATIONS" with the little card saying only "GRANDMA" on it.
My parents live far away and they came for Christmas one year and I was having my first baby and was about 2 months along.  Since my parents always bugged me about when we were going to have a family and how they would be dead and gone by the time we started a family (my mom is sarcastic...just like me in a good way!!)..I thought I would buy a little baby doll and wrap it up with the ultrasound pictures on the bottom.  When they opened the box...I told them "there, is your grand baby that you wanted"...they just laughed and thought it was a big joke....little did they know it was for REAL!!  My mom saw the ultrasound picture and still didn't believe I was pregnant (I joke around a lot!) my dad didn't know what to believe...I told them that it was the real deal....I have it all on video...I laugh everytime I watch it!!  This year I am pregnant again!!  I will also be 2 months prego ..now I'm trying to find a new way to tell them!!  Can't wait to get this one on video too!!  I'll have to tell them not to expect a grand baby everytime they come for Christmas...they may get used to it...LOL
We're at 7 weeks and plan on telling my wife's parents in a unique way. We live nearby so try and have a sit down dinner together once a week. Next week we planned on Chinese food and will carefully replace the fortune cookie sayings with 'Congratulations Grandparents' strips, then wait for the after dinner surprise. Wish us luck. ~ Ryan
That is a terrific idea! Don't forget to do like the other poster and video them opening the cookies. Maybe set the video camera up somewhere that they don't notice and just hit record before serving dessert!
CONGRATS to you all and Good Luck! Bon Appetite!
Oooo! I just thought of one. It may sound corney, but since Thanksgiving is coming up, it would be a cute to tell them on Thanksgiving, and this is why: The whole family would be together, and someone usually says grace, or you go around saying what you're thankful for, or whatever. You could volunteer to say grace and then add in, "I'm thankful for the precious little baby growing inside me" or something like that! And wait for everyone's response!
with my first pregnancy i gave my parents a card with baby booties in it.
for my second pregnancy i let my daughter 4 tell everyone christmas day she was getting a real baby.
i to thought for a while  our dog was going to be our only "baby" but when I got a positive hpt, i bought the "im a big brother" tee shirt took a sharpie and added "gonna be" after " I am" and put it on him when dh came home he read it and knew right away!!!

For my mom, she was coming for supper anyway. I fixed spaghetti, made a menu...
Spaghetti with special "PREGO" sauce
Served with "A BUN IN THE OVEN"
It is a "POSITIVE" meal it took her a minute but figured it out and was so excited!!

For his mom & dad (out of town) we are going to visit, take them to dinner and since our anniversary is in the same month that we found out, he is going to tell his mom he wants her to see what he got me for anniversary  and hand her a small box when she opens the lid she sees inside the box the big words "PREGNANT!!!"
Don't give people the positive test, it has urine on it.  Unless they don't know that is what is on a pregnancy test.  LOL
We are just a few weeks pregnant and my parents anniversary is coming up.  I thought for that day my siblings, hysband and I could go over there and surprise them with a meal.  Towards the end of the meal (if i can keep my mouth shut that long!) I though about telling them their present is sitting out in the front porch for them.  And have two rocking chairs with "To: Gramma" & "To.Grampa" sitting out in the front porch for them. what do ya'll think?
I personally liked the one that someone said 220 shopping days left.  That was cute.  
Heres an idea if you are going to fix a meal for them.  Did you ever watch full house growing up.  Do it the way they did it on the show.  Fix baby carrots, baby back ribs.  Anything that has baby in the name of the food and then ask them if they see a theme going on with the food.
My husband is very into sports, and I am rather athletic myself.  We were both so excited to get pregnant, and I really wanted to do something unique to tell him the news.  So, I made arrangements for us to spend a day out together (at the park, the backyard, etc).  It was the middle of the afternoon and I acted as if I was bored and needed to go outside to stretch.  I grabbed our softball and gloves (which I had pre-planted right by the door of the garage) and went outside to throw ball.  On the softball with permanent marker I had written, "Congratulations, you're gonna be a daddy!"  After about 2 passes, he looked at the ball and read the news and leaped into the air with excitement!  It was so cool-especially when all the neighbors came outside :)  You could also do this with a frisbee, throwing a tennis ball/fetch with a dog, etc.  Good Luck, I hope you find this idea helpful!!
We live close by both of our families. I loved the ideas on this site. Very creative girls. I'm using the one with the card of the dog. Everyone in my husbands family has a dog and this will be the first grandkid. I think they'll get a kck out of it.

To tell my family we are going out to eat like we do every week or so and I am making coasters with the ultra sound picture on it saying baby coming March 2008. So when we sit down at the table someone always passes out the coasters and almost every reasturaunt now has coasters. So I will just start handing them out. I think they will think it's cute. Hopefully it won't take them long to figure it out. I'm going to the reasturaunt earlier today to "borrow" some of their coasters and then I'll just copy the ultrasound picture and glue it on top. that way they look like real ones.

I agree with the don't give them the positive test. I think what you pee on should stay in your house. :) Good luck to all of you. And don't be affraid to tell them before you are in the clear of miscarrying. As devastating as that would be, wouldn't you want them to know without you having to tell them?.
Motherhood the maternity clothes store sells a very cute "countdown to baby" clock that counts down to your due date. For our first baby, we wrapped one for each side of parents and gave it to them. It took a minute for them to catch on, but it was a fun way to include them in the countdown to baby.
My brother-in-law and his wife live in southwest Florida while my husband, Ben and I and their parents live in northeast Florida. I love their ideas for telling us. They decided to come visit us over a weekend and asked the whole family to go out to dinner. They had just come back from a trip to Utah a few weeks before, and they told us that they brought back a souvenir for each of us. When we finished our dinner that night, they passed out neatly wrapped gifts for everyone. We each opened our gifts. My husband and I had a shared gift. It was a box of Uncle Ben’s rice with “& Aunt Lindsey!” scribbled next to it. Below that they taped a photocopy of their first ultrasound photo. Mom and Dad got coffee mugs that said “Grandma” and “Grandpa” with the photocopy taped on the opposite sides. It took a few moments for Mom and Dad to get it b/c our Grannie was also there, so Mom thought that she accidentally received Grannie’s gift! And Dad thought that “Grandpa” was the name of some city in Utah! In the end everyone was ecstatic. All the women were teary eyed and laughing, and the men were puffing out their chests in pride and trying not to show the tears welling up in their own eyes.  
WELL I DONT HAVE ANY GREAT IDEAS, BUT IF SHOWING THE PREGNANCY TEST IS A MUST THEN WHY NOT JUST TAKE A PIC OF THE POSITIVE TEST AND SHOW THE PIC.....THAT WAY NOBODY HAS TO TOUCH SOMEONE ELSES URINE.
We found out we were preggo 2 days after Christmas and decided to wait until the 2nd trimester to make the big announcement.  We were all getting together for my birthday around that time and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to tell the whole family.  We had the US printed right on the cake (Stop and Shop, Carvel's can do this) and has "We're Pregnant!" written on it instead of Happy Birthday.  We dimmed the lights and everyone began singing "Happy Birthday".  My husband brought the cake in with lit candles and placed it on the table in front of me.  A few people loked confused, but then one person yelled out "Is it true?!" and then everyone knew!  I couldn't stop crying!!
JUST THOUGHT OF AS A SURPRISE FIND THE ROOM THAT U DECIDE TO GET TURNED IN TO THE BABYS ROOM AND BRING UR HUSBAND IN AND BE LIKE WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ROOM FOR THE BABYS ROOM? HE WON'T BE EXPECTING IT.HE'LL BE LIKE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? AND SAY IT FAST. HE'LL BE LIKE DID YOU JUST SAY YOUR PREGNANT? I MYSELF AM ONLY 22 AND STILL DATING MY BOYFRIEND AND WERE PRE-ENGAGED RIGHT NOW WERE WAITING TILL WE GET MARRIED. WE HAVE BEEN DATING FOR ALMOST 13 YEARS. WERE NOT READY. I JUST BEEN READING UP ON THIS STUFF FOR THE FUTURE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE MOTHERS TO BE!
I love the idea of putting a "I'm gonna be a big brother" shirt on your dog.  We have a 135 pound bloodhound and just found out we are pregnant for the first time- I am going to go find a shirt today (it may need to be in the toddler/older boy section).  For our close family and friends we can show in person and for my siblings that live far away we will send a picture through email.

Thanks for the idea!
My husband and I just found out we are pregnant for sure yesterday. We are going to tell our mothers on Sunday for Mother's Day.

We're giving them each a bottle of Almond Champagne and a homemade card with a picture of our positive pregnancy test on the outside and on the inside it will say, "Happy GRANDmother's Day!"

We hope they like it!
My friend did this when she was pregnant....she changed her email address to say "and baby" Then she just started emailing everyone... It was adorable... So, if her email address was ***@**** changed it to ***@**** thought this was adorable!
Love all your ideas.  You could toss a few pacifiers or rattles in the salad at dinner or put other little baby toys in the bottom of the bowls of what ever you are serving for your guests to find.  Or even freeze some of the little things you can get for a baby shower in an ice cube and serve in your guests drinks.  Serve everything little.  Baby hamburgers, use baby crackers for dip etc. The only other food things I can think of with Baby that has not already been mentioned is Baby Ruth, baby greens, baby potatoes, and baby food. Maybe set the table with baby utensils.  If you like movies, make up a card like a movie clicker thing or use the package that you rent your movies from and make a card that says "Coming Soon - Baby ______  Jan. 30th 2009 Rated PG" haha.  You could even rent a funny movie like Daddy Day Care. Take your hubby out to the movies and sneek a baby toy into the tub of popcorn for him to find.  For telling other family members that don't live close by, you could send baby bottles with a note in it " A message in a bottle" ha ha.  Hope these help and good luck to all of you & have fun.  I have my 2 dollbabies already, they are my greatest accomplishments!  
my parents live far away in the pacific, (samoa) but right now my husband and i are living with my in laws. we've been trying to get prego for almost a year now and we've been talking about baby names, he'd come up with his little boys name and i come up with my little girls names. its really fun to do it. we also have baby cloth already, we see something nice and buy em just a little something to look forward to, but anyways we came up with some ideas of how to tell his parents we're having a baby, (not pregnant yet) like we'd use one of our baby cloth saying i love grama and another one saying i love grampa and post them on the family fridge, and put a little baby bottle wrapped with a gift bow in the fridge in that way we dont have to be upstairs to hear their screaming but wait for their response, i love all the ideas girls, you guys are all creative and maybe i will use most of your ideas for more babies if possible! and yeah maybe call my parents and surprise them on the phone or send them a card to say i love grama and grampa!! i hope that works for them!!
sometimes i think to myself that i dont want my husband to know that im pregnant i wanted to surprise him in a very creative way, i'll probably take him out for dinner and give him a card that says i love you daddy! n maybe have him against my stomach and tell him our baby's having fun hearing that daddy's happy to meet him/her!! i think the ultrasound frame will be another very cute way to say it, but yeah hope this helps..
i love this converssation!!
We had all the family over for a party.  My sister was pregnant but no one else knew.  She wanted to get a family photo.  But the video camera was set up too.  So she said let's get everyone in a video.  So the camera is rolling, my BIL starts talking and says on the video that they are having a baby.  We got everyone's reaction on video.  It was great!

BTW, my BIL has a habit of scratching his nose when he's nervous.  He's doing it in the video every few seconds!
You could send everyone a We're expecting announcement. This is what I plan on doing. There is a really cute website www.****.com that specializes in baby birth announcements and they can make their cards into any occasion you're looking for. They are super cute and very trendy. I have an older son and I am planning on getting a "I'm gonna be a big brother t-shirt for the picture. So when your family and friends gets the mail for the day they get a really great surprize.
I just found out I'm pregnant and I'm thinking of doing something with "labor day" to tell our extended family. We'll probably tell our immediate family sooner because we'll be too excited. I got my husband a balloon that said congrats and had a paper with baby written all over it that said To Daddy attached at the bottome with the pregnancy test on the counter nearby. For his parents we're giving them a onesie that says " What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" we got it for 3 bucks at Walmart. Cheap way to tell them.
My husband and I just went on vacation to Minnesota, and on our last day in the hotel we took a pregnancy test.  We got one of the digital ones that says "yes" if you're pregnant.  It said yes!  So we took a picture of it and are going to get all of our vacation pictures developed.  We are going to let our parents flip through the vacation pictures and have the preg. test one at the end and just let them figure it out!  It should be pretty fun to watch!
We were not all that creative when we went to tell my family, But I'll never forget what my husband said on the car ride to their house.  My husband was very quiet in the car so I asked him what he was thinking.  He pulled the car to the side of the road & said, " Your Dad's going to hate me".  This confused me since we had been married for 5 years & we saw my parents at least once a week.  My Husband continued "Your Dad's going to know for sure that I had sex with his daughter". LOL
well hubby and i weren't super creative but we didn't know how to tell our parents (besides my mom because she was there when i tested) but what we did was we got little gift boxes. one for each of his parents and one for my dad. inside we put baby tissue paper and inside the paper we put a "i love my grandma/pa" bibs and 2 rattles (we didn't tell them until after we found out we were having twins...i was pretty good at hiding the belly from them until then...) and under both of those a picture of the sonogram needless to say they were shocked. lol. his mom started to cry and jumping up and down.
I actually have a couple of different ideas on how I plan to tell both sides of my family that I'm pregnant.  Next week I'll know for sure if I am...OMG, can't wait. Anyway, since Christmas is coming up, I was thinking we could share the news then.  My husband and I are always introducing fun games to play around the holidays.  I was thinking we could pretend that we've got this really cool game where you have to figure something out as a group.  We'll say that each person will have a clue and you have to build upon each other's clues or something silly like that.  We'll then give everyone a box.  They have to all open it at the same time and have 60 seconds to try to figure out what the answer is.  Well...in each box, there will be pink & blue tissue paper with some type of baby item in it (pacifier, bottle, rattle, bib, etc.). I just plan to go to the dollar store.  But when everyone opens it, of course they'll figure it out right away that we're pregnant! Hopefully we can get it on camera! What a great Christmas present that will be!

I also love the idea of putting the ultra sound on the cake! OMG, how adorable.  I just don't know who I could do that for and I really don't know if I can wait until I get an ultra sound I'll be so flippin excited.  

Ok so now that I have my husband's side covered, I just have to figure out how to tell the other sides.  I have my Mom's side and my Dad's side left.  I'll probably tell extended family and friends with a simple phone call.  

My older brother and his wife live in Nova Scotia and my parents in Montreal. My parents flew down for a visit one weekend. My brother and wife were there to pick them up at the airport. He popped the trunk of his car and got them to open it. Inside, displayed on the carpet of the trunk, were 2 bibs. One said "I love my Grandma" and the other said "I love my Grandpa". They had had a rough ride getting pregnant and my parents started crying and everyone was hugging and so happy!
My second child I had someone take a picture of my husband, my daughter, and myself, but I was holding a baby in the picture. I made sure he was covered up so you couldn't see him, but just a bundle of baby. It took a second for everyone to catch, but it was hilarious when it dawned on them.

My sister in law gave a jar of Prego sauce to my mother in law with something cute written on it about being Prego, but can't remember what it said.

I am currently pregnant and going to give my parent's, and in-laws, Easter eggs with all their grand children's pictures on the eggs. My sister in law is also expecting so I will put mine and her due date on two of the eggs. This will be perfect for my parent's because my baby will make baby number 12 a even dozen.
we are also TTC but i have thought about this too. At a craft store, for us that's hobby lobby, they have little wooden puzzles that have nothing on them. I want to paint something baby related and then do a scavenger hunt around the house with the pieces for my husband. But then for our parents since we have a set that lives close and a set that lives farther away we are going to mail a piece a day so it will go over 4/5 days. It will be a little keepsake that they can have.
We never got the chance to say anything. It was wierd. We went to my parents as we usually did every other weekend for a visit and I was just sitting on the couch and my husband was in the kitchen and my dad looked at me and said... you're pregnant aren't you? LOL I don't know, but he just had this intuition about it. Maybe it was written all over our faces. :)
I know I'm going to get some flak for this but, i just want some ideas, hopefully someone will be kind enough to assist me. First off, I'm 16. NOT PREGNANT YET. I say yet though because, well yes, me and my fiance, FIANCE, are trying to get pregnant. I haven't told my parents yet, but when we finally do get pregnant, i want to tell them the right way, not the, sit down like a guilty teen and just tell them way. Any ideas?
For my first one, the father of the baby's father found a note in his pocket (I was 16) and copied it and gave the copy to my mother. That is how she found out. For my second, I just came out and said it because I knew I was going to have to do everything alone anyway. For my third, I knitted baby booties and attached a note on it that said surprise, you're going to be a grandmother. It was so cute. My mom and his mom thought that was so funny how I did that. They have them hanging up in their cars now. :)

And for the 16 year old, Like I said, I was 16 when I got pregnant with my first one. I just want to give you some friendly advice and don't get pregnant at 16. It is so difficult to care for them when you are that young! I am only 20 on my third one...
mine and my husbands 1st daughter was born 4 months early shes doing great no preemie problems so shes 5months corrected and 9 months old and were 4 weeks along with number 2 were having a baby shower and baptism for and im gonna send my husband to change her and hes gonna put her in a onesie that says im a big sister i think its cute my mother and father know and are not happy we don't get along but i hope people can be happy for us this time because they weren't with her wish us luck
I am TTC and was recently at a candle party with my mom and she mentioned how she missed the smell of baby powder in the house because they had a baby powder scented candle she wanted. So I plan to give my mom a baby powder scented candle to announce my pregnancy when it happens. I plan to give her the candle first, mentioning how I remembered her liking the scent, then giving her a card announcing the pregnancy and the fact that the scent of baby powder will indeed be back in the house!
When my husband and I found out we were having a baby, we invited both our parents over for game night. It was right after Christmas, so we told them we found two gifts in the trunk of our car. My mother-in-law has a dog, so we gave them IAMS dog food, and to my parents we gave them a jar of PREGO spaghetti sauce. They thought it was a nice guesture until I told them they had to 'read' into it. My mother-in-law actually started reading the label. :D "I AM PREGO!"
For our next one, I want to do a picture of an ant "-t" a picture of an otter and then a picture of a bee "x2"  AN OTTER BB AKA ANOTHER BABY! :D