Women's Health Community
Green breast discharge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Green breast discharge

I noticed that the women with green discharge coming from there breast go to there doctors with the question  "why do i have green..GREEN..discharge its never really explained what causes that color.  they are sent home with Oh its NORMAL. Its hormones, elevated prolactin levels , blocked ducts etc..but the question why is it green is never answered.  Do you or would you buy green milk in the stores just because your doctor said it is normal?  i wouldn't.   why are they told its normal.   some doctors have not even seen this symptom before.  I talked to a woman whos doctor has taken samples on slides.   Doctors who are very surprised in what they see.  what about the woman's partners who may be sucking this green discharge into there bodies during intimacy.   This does not seem normal to me.  Does it seem normal to all you woman with this green discharge? Seems simply unexplained and rather peculiar.  WE  need to find answers that make sense.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
583196_tn?1341160404
interesting question!
my first thought is "why are our boogers green? or our 'sleep' is yellow or green sometimes." why is anything on our bodies colored the way it is?
i can't explain why the discharge is green but i think i'd be more worried if it was bloody or ***** or painful. but if its just a little crust and painless, i wouldn't let myself worry about it too much as it doesn't seem like an infection. and if you have green discharge and dont like it, i'm sure you would warn your lover and let them decide if they want to ingest it or not.
best of luck finding your answers as to why it is green. you almost need a poll to answer this question.
but as to your question. it does seem normal if its painless and i wouldn't worry.  
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139

Hello,
The first possibility that is coming to my mind is mammary duct ectasia.It causes one or more of the ducts beneath your nipple to become inflamed and clogged with a thick, sticky substance that's green or black. However, this diagnosis depends upon whether the discharge is coming from one duct or more than one duct. When you express discharge from the nipple, you can see if it comes from just one point (duct) on the nipple or whether there are multiple droplets from several ducts or more. If the discharge is from one duct then it can be due to mammary duct ectasia or breast cancer.Mammogram or ductogram may be required to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...