Green discharge on tampon
I just had a completely normal period, am at the end of it so left a tampon in all day as I forgot about it.  

When I removed it there was little blood but also some green discharge which is obviously a concern. Nothing smelled remarkably bad, nor am I in any pain. I haven't had sex in over two months so I sincerely doubt it's anything sexually transmitted.

Anyone know what this could be, and whether or not I should be concerned? All of the other posts here seem to be about yellow discharge that smells which isn't the case with me.

Thanks.
HI,
The collection of blood and secretions may be the cause of the green discharge. If there are no associated symptoms like itching or burning then removal of the tampon will be sufficient to relieve the discharge.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for your response, much less anxious now! Have a nice day.