Group A strep vaginal infection

I am a healthy 24 year old woman. About two weeks ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the first time. a few days after the first intercourse, I started to feel pain and itching in my vagina, symptoms similar to candida. I went to the doctor to do a vaginal culture and they found I have group A strep (strep pyogenes). I received penicillin antibiotics (Augmentin 875mg twice a day for 7 days).
I'd like to know what should my boyfriend do- is it likely i got it from him?
should he get tested for strep by throat and peri-anal cultures to see if he has the bacteria (although he's not symptomatic)?
If he has strep, will antibiotic treatment prevent him from infecting me again?
And until he gets tested and treated, can I go near him/kiss him/have safe sex without getting it again?

I'm really confused, there aren't many answers regarding group A strep vaginitis and I'd like to know what to do.

many thanks.
Streptococcal A is transmitted by direct contact with saliva or nasal discharge from an infected person.
It occurs when oral sex precedes vaginal sex when the method of transmission is from throat to penis and then to vagina. other than that, direct transmission may occur from receptive oral sex from an  asymptomatic oropharyngeal carrier. you penis needs a throat swab done and then get prescribed suitable antibiotics if diagnosis is confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.