HAVE STRANGE ODOR, TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND NO LUCK IS THERE SOMETHIN...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

HAVE STRANGE ODOR, TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND NO LUCK IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?

HI I AM 18 YEARS OLD. AND I AM VERY SCARED. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE SINCE SEPT. 2005 AND ITS ALREADY FEB. 2006. AND STILL NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF SYMPTOMS FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS. I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT AND I ALSO FEEL VERY SICK. BUT I AM STILL GETTING MY PERIOD. IN DEC. I GOT MY PERIOD TWICE IN THE SAME MONTH. I GOT IT ON THE 1ST OF DEC. AND ON THE 25TH. I DONT KNOW IF THATS NORMAL BUT I AM VERY SCARED AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS NOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS VERY STRONG ODOR IN MY VAGINA. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF IT. BUT IT JUST DOESNT SEEM TO GO AWAY. THE ODOR GOES THROUGH MY UNDERWEAR AND CLOTHES. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVENT GONE TO THE DOCTOR YET AND I HAVE TAKEN 2 HOME PREG. TESTS BUT CAME OUT NEGATIVE. IS THERE A CHANCE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME ?AM I FERTILE? IS THERE A CHANCE I COULD BE PREGNANT? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
If you had two periods in one month, and they were only 24 days apart, you could have a luteal phase deficiency.  If you ovulate on cycle day 14 and you only have 10 days until you start your period, the baby doesn't haven't time to implant and it gets flushed out with your period.  It would be alright if you ovulated earlier in your cycle, say on day 10, because that would make that window between ovulation and period greater and a one time thing or do your periods seem shorter like that all the time?  Do you keep track of when you ovulate or start your period?  Do you know about taking temperatures to catch your most fertile times of the month or about Ovulation Predictor Kits?  It helps to keep track to increase your chances of becoming pregnant.  Statistically speaking, at your most fertile times of the month, you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant, and that's if you do exactly everything right at the right time.  Those aren't good odds, so of course it's understandable that it doesn't happen right off the bat.  Try to stay positive, it will happen when it happens.  Good luck!
you have a lot of good advice here. i have had 2 periods in one month before just like you. like, right on the 1st and say the 28th or something.i'm like..hey, thats not fair! but once i counted the days, it was about right. periods can range anywhere from 21-29 days (something like that) so 25 days is not unusual.
as for the odor. it sounds as if you may have bacterial vaginosis. its been 4 mo so you really need to get it diagnosed by your dr. and he/she will treat it for you. is the odor very fishy smelling? usually thats one "good" sign its bv. like monkeyflower said, dont mask the odor with any sprays or anything. also, i have always heard not to use baby powder. i think cornstarch powder is ok but i would not use anything but a MILD soap and call the dr. it wont go away on its own. if you dont get it treated it can cause further problems.
thanx so much everyone u really helped out a lot god bless u
YOu need to see a doctor.  Even if it's just for the odor alone.  Then you can talk to your doctor about trying to get pg.  But the normal couple does take up to one year.  But first and formost get your body checked out and in good health before you continue to try.
The scent is probably from an infection, and you need to see your doctor. I would not recommend doing anything to mask the smell - rather, treat the cause.

As for the delay in pregnancy, we hear it's so easy - heck, it sounds like some women get pregnant just standing next to a guy, lol. The truth is it's not usually like that. As the other poster noted, it takes time.
You need to go to the DR.  Odor and discharge should be checked out.  It may be nothing, but if it's an infection then you don't want it to go untreated.  As for TTC, I've got you beat!  DH & I have been trying since July of 2005 and still haven't got pregnant.  Like the other posts said, it's just not that easy.  Most fertility DRs will see you after 1 year of trying.
if your bedding alot which you probly are if your trying to get pregnant like the first poster said you can bet its just the bodily fluids mixing together this is a very unpleasent smell.
you should still go to the doctors though as nobody on here can diagnose a problem over an iinet forum good luck.
Simple "mixing of secretions" usually does not cause odor.  The most common cause of strong vaginal odor is bacterial vaginosis, an infection related to abnormal overgrowth of otherwise normal bacteria.  (The STD trichomonas also does it; contrary to popular perceptions, yeast infection does not cause strong odor.)  In the presence of BV or trich, raising the alkalinity of vaginal secretions liberates the chemicals responsible for the odor, which tend to smell "fishy".  Semen is alkaline, i.e. has a high pH.  Therefore, the odor often is especially strong and more easily noticed after sex.  But in the absence of a vaginal infection, there is no particularly strong odor after sex except for the odor of semen itself (which can be quite strong but usually is easy to recognize).

HHH, MD