HELP FAST - IUD and Multiple Partner Sexual Relationship

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

So having an IUD put in and going off the pill - two sexual partners - what is the problem or risk?  Other than STD from one or more partner - Is the risk of something greater than being on the pill
Well, the risk i don't think is greater than if you were using the pill...but i don't know that for sure.  If you're going to have multiple partners, hopefull you're using a condomn at least.
read my other post, i only had the iud for 8 months(i think) but i read a lot about it, if you go to the web site for mirena, it will tell you all about it, and try not to worry hon you will be fine
Having more than one sexual partner is risky behavior alone! You should be using a condom.
The risk of PID intensifies if you have an IUD and multiple sexual partners.  Be careful and use condoms.
Uhm the risk? How about your LIFE? Any other questions? That one was easy.
only the condom can protect you against most std's. i say most since you can still get herpes from an open sore in the genital area. use condoms every time.
Usually doctor's won't let you get an IUD if there's a chance your going to have more than one partner (where I live anyway). My doctor prefers only giving them to girls who are married and who have already had children. I don't think it's very wise to have multiple partner because you are putting yourself at risk for severe infections and complications.
If you get an STD while you have an IUD there is a very high chance it will cause scarring and lead to infertility.
It's more about STDs than the IUD. Pills don't protect you against STDs either. That being said taking BC is not carte blanche for you to just go out and nail everything that moves. They're just in their own way telling you to have safe sex. But, in answer to your question, no, you don't need to change your IUD every time you change partners.
I just had it done...and both my partners are clean can something happen such as combining sperm...can that give me an infection