HOW DO YOU KNOW IF TAMPON IS STUCK INSIDE YOU?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TAKE OUT MY TAMPON THIS WKND & WAS WONDERING IF I HAD A TAMPON STUCK INSIDE ME, IS THER ANYWAY I WOULD BE ABLE TO PUT IN ANOTHER TAMPON AT THE SAME TIME. OR WOULD IT NOT ALLOW IT TO GO IN? ITS BEEN 4DAYS AND IT FEELS AS IF I MAY HAV LEFT A TAMPON INSIDE ME & FORGOT ABOUT IT & I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY STRINGS. I AM ABLE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM & HAVE PUSHED REALLY HARD & CANT SEEM TO SEE ANYTHING. I HAD GONE PEA ON SUNDAY WITH MY TAMPON STILL IN & NEVER REMOVED IT AS FOR WHAT I'M REMEMBERING. AT TIMES I FEEL BLOATED & IT STILL KINDA FEELS LIKE I MAY HAVE A TAMPON SOMEWHERE IN ME BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING? IS THER A WAY I CAN LOOK FOR IT AND HOW FAR INTO MY VAGINA CAN IT GO & CAN IT GET STUCK AND LOST? I DONT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AT THIS TIME WHICH IS WHY I'M ASKING THE QUEST HERE? CAN YOU PLEASE HELP??? THANK YOU!!!
The vagina is about 5 or 6 inches long and comes to a dead end, so it is not possible for a tampon to migrate up somewhere and disappear.  However, a lost tampon is frustrating because it can feel warm (body temperature) and feel about like the bottom of the uterus, and you can't really tell what you are touching because there aren't a lot of nerves up at that end of the vagina.  If you don't have an ob-gyn to go to, try Planned Parenthood (if you are in the United States).  They charge on a sliding scale, and it's no biggie to have a quick pelvic exam where someone can check and find it.  The other option is to wait until you can smell an odor, but that isn't a very great option.