Women's Health Community
HTA Therapy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HTA Therapy

How does a Hydro ThermAblator work?  Do you need to be on your cycle to have it done?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
to TALLEY! What is a hta and what is it for????? now im currious
Blank
It's alternative to a hysterectomy.  To me it's a D & C but they insert saline solution to clean & flush the uterus.  I'll have it done as outpatient.  I hope it will control heavy bleeding or stop it all together.
Blank
thank you . i was not sure what hta was but know i know... thank you. you said you have had your tubes done for ten years. are you trying to have another?
Blank
No - i've been blessed with a boy & girl.  I'm trying to get help with heavy bleeding & clots.  You don't need to have hta done if you want more children - I was a good canidate for the procedure because i've had my tubes done.  My pap & yearly check up was good.
Blank
I just recently had this procedure done with the hopes of easing the bleeding.  I had this done in the office under pain medication, awake.  I would not recomend being awake, it hurt.  If I could go back and do it over I would do it under anesthia.  It has been 2 weeks since the procedure so I don't know yet if it has helped.
Blank
I had this procedure in Dec. of 2010, after heavy bleeding I had suffered through for 3 years.  In Oct. of 2010 I started my period which lasted through Nov. 2010.  After a vaginal ultrasound finding fibroids, my doc. gave me options.  I did not want to be cut, but at this point I did not care.  But I choose the HTA, best decision I have ever made.  I have had no complications, or infections, or bleeding.  My blood pressure is under control, my weight is not going up and down, and I have more energy than I have had in 8 years.
Blank
I had this procedure in Dec. of 2010, after heavy bleeding I had suffered through for 3 years.  In Oct. of 2010 I started my period which lasted through Nov. 2010.  After a vaginal ultrasound finding fibroids, my doc. gave me options.  I did not want to be cut, but at this point I did not care.  But I choose the HTA, best decision I have ever made.  I have had no complications, or infections, or bleeding.  My blood pressure is under control, my weight is not going up and down, and I have more energy than I have had in 8 years.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank