Aa
A
A
Close
Had an x-ray, and now believe I am pregant, are there any effects?
Could you please help. I had an x-ray on my knee last week, i was asked if i was preganant and because my husband and i are trying for a baby, i under went a pregnancy test.. it was negative, therefore I had the x-ray. I now believe that i may be pregnant, as my period is late and im usually to the day. I am also experiencing nausea and tiredness. Could you please let me know what the effects of an x-ray are on a fetus? If any? And what should i do?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You can't do anything about the x-ray now.  What's done is done.  But take a home pregnancy test to find out if you are indeed pg.  You might be worrying for nothing - the worrying might be making your period late.  Take a test!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you so much, I will definetly get a pregnancy test done. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you again!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
As the x-ray was on your knee and not your torso I shouldnt think it will do any harm to the baby if you are pregnant.  I had dental exrays when I was 8 weeks pregnant with my first son and he was fine.  I think its probably better in an ideal world not to have x rays when pregnant but hey dont worry about it.  We dont live in an ideal world.  Im sure everything will be fine  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93210_tn?1287457826
Hi Mrs._J.,
I've been an x-ray technologist for a long time. Ideally, when we take x-rays of a pregnant lady we like to use a lead apron to cover her up. But there have been many time when x-rays were taken of women when they didn't know they were pregnant. And then there are many times when I've had to take x-rays of women who are pregnant but are sick or hurt and need the x-rays. Don't worry though, a knee x-ray is minimal radiation and to tell you the truth, the radiation exposure worries are pretty overexaggerated to begin with. So don't worry about it okay! :)
Congratulations if you are expecting!!
Kelly
Comment
Cancel
93210_tn?1287457826
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Had an x-ray, and now believe I am pregant, are there any effects?
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
DiamondA added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
2 hrs ago
1108141_tn?1443272987
Blank
LandM2009 Cd1 and we are back on trac... Comment
6 hrs ago
Blank