Had sex last day of period, day 5, then bled more
Hi. I usually have a 5 day period which began July 13, 2009. On what I believe to be the last day of my period (always very light flow and stopped usually the next day? I had unprotected sex. Then I actually had spotting for 2 more days. I used to have 7 day periods quite awhile ago but for many years it has been mainly 5-6. Could I be pregnant?
No. Definately not, it happens to me when i have sex just at the end of my period. when you have a period not every drop of blood comes out, having sex moves your uterus a little which shakes the rest of the blood out, thats the only way i can explain it ...
Thank you for your quick response. That makes alot of sense to me.. Now as far as the pregnancy issue goes.. is having sex at that time a possibility for conception at all?
no matter when you have sex theres always a chance although on the day you had sex it would be unlikly but not impossible
theres nothing you can do apart from not worry and wait for your next period
It's possible if you ovulate on CD10 (or sooner), which is very rare for women.  The reason is sperm can live up to 5 days in a woman if the conditions are right (some even say 7 days but normally it's 3-5 days).  CD1 is the day you start your period so when you had sex it was CD5 (meaning that some sperm may not die until CD10).  Chances are you're not pg but I strongly advise if you don't want to get pg use some form of BC every time you have sex.
Thank you both very much!!!
YES you can still technically get pregnant. Sperm can live up to 5 days, and if ovulation occurs from time of intercourse to the next few days (up to 5) you could still technically have the sperm left over to fertilize the egg that is released. It all depends on when you ovulated.
So.. I am still very lightly spotting and now the cramps are sporadic but were defnately there last night.. more like a dull pain.. This would be day 8 after a normal 5 day period.. I am scared. I dont know what is going on.
you could have a cyst, you should go to your doctors if your really worried